Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1033 1034 [1035] 1036 1037 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940376 times)

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: The Curse of Ivan Continues.
« Reply #15510 on: August 01, 2013, 08:44:02 pm »

Hmm... does anyone have any objections to me stealing her tokens and then podding her if she's not coming back?

((Tokens, yes, podding, no.))
((Maybe shared? One to each who was around her at some point? Me, Lars, Flint, Bishop, Denzel.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15511 on: August 01, 2013, 08:44:26 pm »

((Hey, until it's reported, Simus knows nothing of the shuttle crash.))

Lean over Flint's hole, change facial graphic to ಠ_ಠ upon seeing his legs' condition.

Good job, Flint.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15512 on: August 01, 2013, 09:00:00 pm »

Hmm... does anyone have any objections to me stealing her tokens and then podding her if she's not coming back?

((Maybe shared? One to each who was around her at some point? Me, Lars, Flint, Bishop, Denzel.))
I would prefer a shared loan, you only borrow the tokens and then only if you need them because you a few shy of a battlesuit or something, not just so you can buy another laser rifle.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15513 on: August 01, 2013, 09:08:38 pm »

A technicians work was never done, Bishop suspected as he raced towards Lukas.

"What the hell did you do?"

Quickly fix the mistake he made. If that doesn't work, activate the emergency shutdown. If THAT doesn't work, override his systems and then activate emergency shutdown.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15514 on: August 01, 2013, 09:09:01 pm »

I would prefer a shared loan, you only borrow the tokens and then only if you need them because you a few shy of a battlesuit or something, not just so you can buy another laser rifle.
((And people might lend tokens for that without you having to steal, if they're nice. Of course, this is ER, so who knows. Either way, I don't think you should take her tokens. If you try, Denzel might... complain.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #15515 on: August 02, 2013, 02:27:50 am »

Quickly fix the mistake he made. If that doesn't work, activate the emergency shutdown. If THAT doesn't work, override his systems and then activate emergency shutdown.

((Hey! What the...!?!  ;) ))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #15516 on: August 02, 2013, 02:44:52 am »

*Sigh*
Message to Bishop:
"Any help needed fixing the wall?"
respond as nessecary
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15517 on: August 02, 2013, 05:44:25 am »

"Was that sarcasm, Simus? I was beginning to think you lacked a sense of humor. Glad to see there is hope for you yet.

Anyway, I don't know what happened. Maybe a reflective piece of rock? One second I was digging my hole, the next I'm with no legs. Again. Luckily it seems easy to fix. I'll have it repaired the moment I get some tools.

But it wasn't all for nothing. Here. Catch."

Give Simus my flatground samples and my legs, assuming the hole is shallow enough. Keep getting those dynamic bonuses.

"You think this is enough flatground or should I cut some more?

So... how are we going to do this exactly? Tie the rope somewhere and have me crawl up, wait for Lukas to come and pull me up, bury me up to the neck like space pirates?..."
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 10:35:17 am by Parisbre56 »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15518 on: August 02, 2013, 07:40:04 am »

Take the samples and legs.

It should be good for initial testing, if we need more we can get it later. And I came here while Miyaoto resets Lukas' radio to see what happened, as you are ostensibly a part of my exploration group. We're still waiting on Lukas, even as a robot, I don't think I'm quite strong enough to get you out while you're wearing your exoskeleton... even though you've managed to cut off a good chunk of it, again.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15519 on: August 02, 2013, 07:54:21 am »

((When someone is making frantic motions towards a frozen, giant death machine, I think it's entirely reasonable to assume the worst, especially given Bishop's background in working with this kind of stuff. In this case, it's entirely justified, even if he doesn't know it yet.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15520 on: August 02, 2013, 07:57:28 am »

Lars pokes Mesk.  "Brother Mesk?"

If Mesk doesn't exit his trance state, slap him in the back of the head and gesture at broken ribs and medical tools until he gets the hint and fixes me.

((The trance claims another victim))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15521 on: August 02, 2013, 09:55:58 am »

'No idea man, he just froze up all of a sudden. Trying to fix whatever it is that's happening here, before he loses his mind or something.'

Fix Lukas with bishop's help.

((@prosperus: maybe you could try shutting it off yourself? If it's under your control, you might be able to just turn it off.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15522 on: August 02, 2013, 05:33:27 pm »

Attempt to wake up. Ponder my current Karma levels.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15523 on: August 02, 2013, 07:01:20 pm »

"Haha, yeah! Flint and Simus on another adventure! This is going to be so much fun. Remember the fun we had on the previous mission? Nothing will stand in the way of our march towards knowledge! Except missing legs of course... But like I said, I'll have that fixed in a jiffy as soon as we get back to base."

((Turns out I probably WILL have sporadic internet acess for the next two weeks, starting this Monday. If I'm unable to post, I give permission to PyroDesu, Radio Controlled and any others with reasonable suggestions and/or superior rank to post on my behalf.

I have about 4 dynamic bonus points (5 after this round) so as soon as I get back to base I should be able to repair both my robolegs and exolegs with the help of Simus. Provided our terminator (sees red and wants to kill all humans) doesn't blow up the base.

Oh, if this is a software problem just press Ctrl +Alt+Delete and restart him.))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15524 on: August 02, 2013, 07:20:26 pm »

Oh, if this is a software problem just press Ctrl +Alt+Delete and restart him.))
((This action could not be performed at this time.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?
Pages: 1 ... 1033 1034 [1035] 1036 1037 ... 1256