Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1032 1033 [1034] 1035 1036 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940412 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: The Curse of Ivan Continues.
« Reply #15495 on: July 31, 2013, 04:04:53 pm »

"Hrmm. Space tape is out. Welding a patch on might work, but I may as well cover the rest of the helmet if I do that. Dammit."

Attempt to fix radio in helmet, then consider how I would go about adding a new layer of metal to the helmet.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15496 on: July 31, 2013, 04:38:06 pm »

tweak the program until successful
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15497 on: July 31, 2013, 08:35:24 pm »

((Possibly the worst thing about omnicide mode is that we don't have IC warning of it.))

Follow, staying on my guard.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15498 on: July 31, 2013, 09:23:43 pm »

Quote from: To: Miyamoto
Like I thought, most of the lab damage is some holes in the walls and some electrical work. I'm going to go on ahead and see about finding Flint, he is on my team, after all. I'll probably need a stronger hand to get him out of whatever hole he's in (hence your sending Lukas once you've reset his radio), but it can't hurt to at least get to him and see what he's done.

Pick up some rope for myself, then go and see about finding Flint.

((Yay for an IC reason to GTFO?))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #15499 on: August 01, 2013, 02:28:37 am »

As Miyamoto pokes away in your head your vision flips to red.

"PREPARING OMNICIDE MODE"  flashes up in your vision.

((This reminds me of Chef's television in Southpark. Fortunately, it is only preparing.))

"Uhm, boss? I suggest you quickly undo what you have just done. Otherwise I may be walking around, eliminating every human being that I find very soon."

((Alternative:"Woooooooow, the colors!"))

Urge Miyamoto to fix this...and the radio.

You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15500 on: August 01, 2013, 12:08:23 pm »

((To be fair, omnicide implies you won't just limit yourself to killing humans.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15501 on: August 01, 2013, 12:22:27 pm »

Undo whatever it is I just unwittingly did.

((Wow. This is... unfortunate. Why the hell would he even have such a thing? Not to mention he apparently didn't know about it, and the fact that it is very easily activated, no safeguards whatsoever.

Activating the 'kill EVERYTHING' mode on a giant killbot is something I'd expect on a 1 or 2, not a seven. I didn't even touch the radio, so this could hardly be called an overshoot.

On the other hand, this could be !!FUN!!. Hooray!))
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 12:32:30 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15502 on: August 01, 2013, 12:34:48 pm »

((Well, he got a warning instead of just opening fire.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15503 on: August 01, 2013, 12:47:42 pm »

((Wow. This is... unfortunate. Why the hell would he even have such a thing? Not to mention he apparently didn't know about it, and the fact that it is very easily activated, no safeguards whatsoever.
((Because it was The Doctor's pet project, probably made from spare parts made because he found it interesting? If you haven't noticed, The Doctor doesn't exactly follow the industry standard, nor does he talk about every control mechanism he uses.

Also, you may have fixed the radio.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15504 on: August 01, 2013, 02:31:15 pm »

Bishop sighed and stood up. It was time to stop moping around and get back to work. That wall wasn't going to fix itself...

Put all the tools and stuff back inside the garage and inside their proper containers this time for better organisation and protection from vacuum. Then start salvaging everything I can from the wrecked wall. Mourn it's passing.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15505 on: August 01, 2013, 07:57:52 pm »

Pull up!

((God damm you RNG!))
[aux:4+1]
[end:5]
You manage to pull out of the death spiral but you're too low to pull up completely. You end up skidding the craft across the Electric fields, snapping off thin electric arcing pylons as you grind to a halt. When you eventually open your eyes and look around you're surprised to find that not only are you alive, but you're miraculously uninjured! Hmm, you are however now stuck in the middle of the electric fields with a ship that doesn't work...

((I'm suddenly glad I'm nowhere near the base. Or any of you, really. The RNG works in mysterious ways...))

Keep getting dynamic bonuses. Check the sample of flatground I got and the flatground around me. Does it remain flat?
((@GM:There's a chance I'll have limited or no internet access for the next two to three weeks. If I can't post for that time, can I assume I take the time to completely fix my exosuit and robolegs? Assuming people don't just destroy the planet while I'm sleeprepairing.))
If you go completely dormant for 2-3 weeks there's a good chance I'll forget you have damaged legs and might even forget where you are :P. I'll give you a trick you can use on future me. Just say, "wake up from my Nap in the barracks." and he'll probably just do it.

Heh, dense bastard.

Your sample of flatground has remained unchanged, as has the place you took it from. Seems like it's fairly stable.

((Oh dear. Goodbye, rest of the base. So much trouble because of some frigging radios.))

"Okay, here's what we're going to do. We're going to go through the static area between the fog and the Storm, keeping more to the fog's side. I don't foresee us having any problems, but just in case we hit a rough patch, we should tie a rope around and between ourselves, so that if one of us goes flying, the rest can support him."

Connect us with ropes tied around our waists, going from me to Denzel to Zephyris. Then go through the static area, keeping more to the side of the fog then the storm.
You bind yourself to your companion and your...what is she, a well trained pet at this point?...and head off along the edge of the storm. Considering the length of this thing, you're beginning to think it might not be a normal storm.

"Hrmm. Space tape is out. Welding a patch on might work, but I may as well cover the rest of the helmet if I do that. Dammit."

Attempt to fix radio in helmet, then consider how I would go about adding a new layer of metal to the helmet.
[Aux:6]
There's this thing call karma. You, being the semi-educated space pirate that you are, don't know what it is. But it comes back in full force now, channeling itself through the electricity of your helmet. You fix your radio but end up twitching on the floor.

tweak the program until successful
[Aux:6+1]
The finished program is like looking through a fly eye; a million tiny images splayed everywhere.

((Possibly the worst thing about omnicide mode is that we don't have IC warning of it.))

Follow, staying on my guard.
You follow along, last in line, rather bored by this long trek and getting a head ache from the static.

Quote from: To: Miyamoto
Like I thought, most of the lab damage is some holes in the walls and some electrical work. I'm going to go on ahead and see about finding Flint, he is on my team, after all. I'll probably need a stronger hand to get him out of whatever hole he's in (hence your sending Lukas once you've reset his radio), but it can't hurt to at least get to him and see what he's done.

Pick up some rope for myself, then go and see about finding Flint.

((Yay for an IC reason to GTFO?))
You grab some cable from the garage and head out flint's way. Never mind Jack and his crash landing in electric land. Nope. Go help the man stuck in a perfectly safe hole.

((This reminds me of Chef's television in Southpark. Fortunately, it is only preparing.))

"Uhm, boss? I suggest you quickly undo what you have just done. Otherwise I may be walking around, eliminating every human being that I find very soon."

((Alternative:"Woooooooow, the colors!"))

Urge Miyamoto to fix this...and the radio.

Undo whatever it is I just unwittingly did.

Activating the 'kill EVERYTHING' mode on a giant killbot is something I'd expect on a 1 or 2, not a seven. I didn't even touch the radio, so this could hardly be called an overshoot.

On the other hand, this could be !!FUN!!. Hooray!))
(Oh, you fixed the radio. You just accidentally activated a dormant piece of software as well. Good on ya.)
[Mia aux:1+1]
You stare in dumbfounded fear at the open panel, your brain racing through solutions but losing them amidst thoughts of just sprinting and hiding in gilgamesh till the screaming stops. Or the Rock'em Sock'em Robots begins.

Bishop sighed and stood up. It was time to stop moping around and get back to work. That wall wasn't going to fix itself...

Put all the tools and stuff back inside the garage and inside their proper containers this time for better organisation and protection from vacuum. Then start salvaging everything I can from the wrecked wall. Mourn it's passing.
You wander back into the garage, carrying an armful of tools with you. You dump them in a tool box and close it with a heavy sigh. You're turning back toward the wall when you notice miyamoto frantically poking at Lukas. Lukas is sort of slowly expanding his limbs and flexing his fists. Something about this strikes you as dangerously wrong.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15506 on: August 01, 2013, 08:08:02 pm »

((I live!))

find something metal in the shuttle to throw.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15507 on: August 01, 2013, 08:21:09 pm »

Lets try this again, set the visual filter to only take feeds from the eye mounted cameras.
Set the remainder to form a thermal radar array.

If i fail or overshoot again upload program to mainframe and ask alvin to fix it.

((Tavik try making a faraday cage around yourself, if you succeed you should be able to walk back.))
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 09:16:55 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15508 on: August 01, 2013, 08:38:07 pm »

((A very useful pet! :D At this point I am basically remote controlling two characters.
Ironic, if you consider that I am a Speech Character and controlling people is my profession. Doubly ironic, if you consider the fact that probably nothing would have changed even if she were around. She (I forget her username) wasn't very assertive anyway.

Hmm... does anyone have any objections to me stealing her tokens and then podding her if she's not coming back?
PS: Does anyone remember Ashley? This feels like Ashley, except that Jim never made use of her.
PPS: And now we have no women on this mission, but for a trained pet? What does this say about our views on gender equality?))

"I wonder how long this thing is. Interesting that it goes right along our designated borders."

Continue following this thing.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 08:40:05 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15509 on: August 01, 2013, 08:40:11 pm »

Hmm... does anyone have any objections to me stealing her tokens and then podding her if she's not coming back?

((Tokens, yes, podding, no.))
Pages: 1 ... 1032 1033 [1034] 1035 1036 ... 1256