Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1030 1031 [1032] 1033 1034 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941226 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: The Curse of Ivan Continues.
« Reply #15465 on: July 30, 2013, 05:59:23 pm »

((Just watch out you don't get information overload.))

((Eh, he just needs to make it so that he can switch between cameras rather than getting info from all at once.

Or (after we're back on the Sword) we could turn that helmet into a drone and get some kind of 3D projector to link it to, that'd be cool.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Blue Screen of Death
« Reply #15466 on: July 30, 2013, 06:02:36 pm »

Somehow stumble across thearpox and unlock his suit controls.
(...)
You are the guy trapped in his own suit right?
Or did i get the gender wrong?
((Zeph fixed the suit and radio.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15467 on: July 30, 2013, 06:12:34 pm »

Oh... all good then  :D
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15468 on: July 30, 2013, 06:25:24 pm »

((That was one thing.
Also, you were tens of miles away from me. How exactly were you planning to accidentally bump into me is beyond my understanding.
And in addition, you called me by my username, not character name.
EDIT (How could I forget?!): Your action said to unlock my suit controls. Unlock them. Not fix them, unlock them. Not only do I not understand what that meant, but it also probably wouldn't fix the problem. Actually, it might well have exposed me to vacuum. So... um... yeah.

So I was speechless. And then you assumed that the thing you got wrong was my gender. (How does this make any sense? How is gender even relevant here? How would that make any difference?) So yeah, I think you managed to get everything wrong. Yay?))
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 06:29:57 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15469 on: July 30, 2013, 06:27:18 pm »

((Oh gods, the fail is starting to spread to the OOC! Run away while you still can!))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15470 on: July 30, 2013, 06:29:43 pm »

Ahem.

So the curse of Ivan was about how the HMRC seems to have a bad history with doors and walls, starting with Ivan.

Though now it seems there is a new curse. One of confusion and awkwardness.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15471 on: July 30, 2013, 06:33:58 pm »

((See: Grate and Lyra.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15472 on: July 30, 2013, 06:45:40 pm »

((That was one thing.
Also, you were tens of miles away from me. How exactly were you planning to accidentally bump into me is beyond my understanding.
And in addition, you called me by my username, not character name.
EDIT (How could I forget?!): Your action said to unlock my suit controls. Unlock them. Not fix them, unlock them. Not only do I not understand what that meant, but it also probably wouldn't fix the problem. Actually, it might well have exposed me to vacuum. So... um... yeah.

So I was speechless. And then you assumed that the thing you got wrong was my gender. (How does this make any sense? How is gender even relevant here? How would that make any difference?) So yeah, I think you managed to get everything wrong. Yay?))
Not everything, your suit controls had "locked up" and i was going to unlock them.
But yes, everything else was just "im gonna go help that guy because hes in trouble and i want to get the useful character token bonus"
Safe to say im gonna get the what a moron bonus instead :P
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15473 on: July 30, 2013, 08:22:45 pm »

((New HMRC weakness. Fixing radios.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Blue Screen of Death
« Reply #15474 on: July 30, 2013, 08:41:45 pm »

Quote from: Message to Simus
I knew you'd prefer to stay here, but I'm not sure Lukas is the right man for this job right now. He's not the type of person that would force his authority over someone else. Normally that wouldn't be a problem, but with Morul... After his little stunt with the shuttle, I'm not sure what to think of him. I can't really punish him now that he's lost his memory, but if opposing orders and forcing his ideas upon a situation is a personality trait of him, it'd be good to have someone stern to keep an eye on him. Still, I'll ask Lukas about it, see what he thinks. Or Flint could do it, maybe.

Quote from: To: Miyamoto
While I do agree about Morul, if I have to lead this team, there's going to be a fair delay while I finish up what I have to do here, namely, cleaning up my lab. The sample of the metafluid did a lot of damage in there, even if the big crystal of it's apparent explosion didn't.

Give the helmet back to Auron, he shouldn't complain about having extra cameras. Then get to the lab and survey the damage.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15475 on: July 30, 2013, 08:56:30 pm »

((I suppose i could always alter my program to use them as a kind of thermal radar and only use 2 at the front for the visual filter... let us not retcon this yet...

Also speaking of my program, i didnt think uploading to my own suit took a roll.))
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 08:59:40 pm by Unholy_Pariah »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15476 on: July 30, 2013, 11:05:04 pm »

((Oh dear... This is not going to go down well...))

Bishop is motionless for a good few moments before finally standing up and turning back towards the umbilical door he had just fixed, trying not to look where his wall used to be. He manages a few shaky steps forward before he has the presence of mind to open a radio channel.

"You... You...

Death is... too good for the likes of you... You..."

A few heavy breaths.

"I'm going to walk out of this garage now, trying not to look behind me at the functional door you could have used. I'm going to walk out, find some pliers and a diagram of the human body, and then sit quietly for a bit. Thinking. About. Things.

I think I need a hug."

Walk out, find the above mentioned objects and a nice quiet place to sit, and then sit there. Thinking. About. Things.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15477 on: July 30, 2013, 11:05:47 pm »

((Oh dear... This is not going to go down well...))
((What gave you that idea, the fact that this is ER?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15478 on: July 31, 2013, 12:31:30 am »

Walk out, find the above mentioned objects and a nice quiet place to sit, and then sit there. Thinking. About. Things.

((I would say, forced nail delamination. Painful (incredibly so), but not a particularly serious injury, with the worst prognosis being infection of the nailbed. Well, that and losing a lot of use of their fingers (and feet, if you go for the toenails) due to the pain.))

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #15479 on: July 31, 2013, 02:22:05 am »

Lukas keeps bothering Bishop.

"Are you okay Bishop? You know...We can always kill him and fix the wall again. Anyway, could you fix my radio? I almost fried myself when I tried to do it."
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.
Pages: 1 ... 1030 1031 [1032] 1033 1034 ... 1256