Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1017 1018 [1019] 1020 1021 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940218 times)

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: From Bad to Worse
« Reply #15270 on: July 22, 2013, 02:10:24 am »

Continue helping Bishop
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #15271 on: July 22, 2013, 05:17:33 am »

Snap out of coma of inactivity and help bishop
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15272 on: July 22, 2013, 01:51:35 pm »

Hmm... That's interesting. Symbiotes? A colony? Multi-specied organism? I wonder what they eat...

Let's try giving some food to the blobs. See if it gets better then. Give one of them some of the food from the fridge and the other a rock like the one the rock lice were eating. Let both of them on the sack first. If nothing happens after a while, push them further in, but do not break the sack.

Also, I had some drones (along with other crap) in my exosuit's backpack, did any of those survive?

I'm depositing 2 gel-sea goo-sacks (one of them has a black tower sample in it and is marked for size changes), black tower samples from sector 18 and 15, black dome air samples from sector 16, ground and air samples from the dry lakebed on sector 15 and ground samples from where the giant laser-firing glass-tower thing left holes on the ground from walking with its spike-legs and some molten ground I got after the thing vaporized itself.
Did I get any of the air samples I requested from the orange goo before it got free? If so, I'm depositing them there too.

Also, here's what I have in the vaults in my work-in-progress notes, including what I'm depositing now:

Spoiler: Lab (click to show/hide)

((Some people (Miyamoto?) also caught some bugs and bug skeletons in sector 19 but I don't think they deposited them. Bishop has a sample of liquid crystal from sector 16. There is a large blueraditite near the zone 1-6 boundary. Vich has a pink tree sample and pink mist sample. And these are all the samples I have noted. Tell me if I'm forgetting anything.))

You can assume the backpack survived.

Your first test shows that the organisms will eat human food, but won't eat rock. Interesting. The addition of food also seems to reinvigorate the surviving organisms to a degree.

You deposit your samples- which you keep documented much better then the universe, it seems- in the vault.

More boulders.
[str:2]
You can't even manage to push a single rock. Mostly because you can't even stand up. You just sort of drag yourself around using your chin a little bit.

awaken from real life induced coma.
fix program, paint yellow stripes on gilgamesh in cool angular patterns.

[aux:2+1]
[Handi:5-1]
You continue not being able to figure out how to do anything with computer. How do computer?

Your attempts to pimp Miyamoto's ride works pretty well. Though you can't stop yourself from adding some flames and a wizard riding a unicorn. Really, why the hell would you paint a machine and NOT add that?

((Lars caught a mostly-eaten-and-broken black tower beetle shell, and probably some dirt from other sectors, but I think that's about it.  Also, trying to get a dust sample but failures.  At least my 1/3 str bonus saved me from seriouser failure.))

Lars bounced and rolled.  "Algis ow save oof me!  Steve, may your dammit light shine shit on me!  Ow!"

Get control of self.  Orient to Vich.
[dex:1]
[End:2]
The wind keeps you tumbling, bouncing on the stones till one catches you just right in the ribs. You like someone's taken a sharpened sledgehammer to your side and you taste copper.

((I have a lot of samples from right now, but other than that, Flint seemed intent on always posting an action first, and going on a sample frenzy. I think I've got the salt crystal samples from where the shuttle-half lay. (not the underground ones, Flint+Bishop got those.) I think I've also got the air sample from where the Colossus lake was, before I disturbed it.

Also, did I miss somewhere the peanuts from the Black Towers, and the beetle that was caught there? Maybe the beetle evaporated with the shuttle, but the peanuts that Flint wanted to eat should remain.

By the way, does camera footage make any difference in tokens? Because I remember making sure that all the different anomalies we saw were captured on drones/cameras.
))

"Third.. I mean, B, negative. Or so I remember. Though if you're thinking of transfusions, I think I'd rather walk or sleep it off."
((I really like how you're managing to consistently sneak in these cultural tidbits. Keep up the good work.))

"Lars, what the bloody hell happened? You haven't even reached the storms yet!"

Which direction is Lars rolling? To the storms, to the sides, etc?
How fast is he rolling?

Hurry up with my Syndrome afflicted friend to where the Lars is. If he's rolling to the side of the storms, also run to the side to keep up with him. Try not to cross the invisible boundary yet, by keeping a fair distance away from it.

By the way, and I think it's important, would Lars have been caught like this if he was using the pole/rocks to feel his way forward? Because I think that at this point we can pretty much assume that we are always doing it, whenever exploring unknown territory.
On the same page, would it have affected the inky thing almost-disaster?

(Camera footage might get you more if you get some really good stuff.)

Also no, the wind just caught him. As it will catch you if you go anywhere near lars. If you have a good str roll you'll manage to stay on your feet. If not, you'll go rolling. There's no real "Invisible boundary".

Continue filling up the crater, breaking rocks down if needed. Then, head north to the white domes area, via route of the slow-zone passthrough.

((Isn't there a clear-ish path to the white domes with a possible cave system area? I seem to have lost the map link. We do have the map available, right?))

You continue rolling boulders like a very confused dung beetle. The hole is half full now.

Bishop turned to look at his biological 'help'.

"Does it look like we're done? There's still a big ass hole in the wall, so I'd say no."

Continue working on the wall like last time. Take extra care to not have anyone stand under any of the bits that are going up higher on the wall incase they fall.
Continue helping Bishop
Continue helping bishop.
Snap out of coma of inactivity and help bishop
[Handi:4+1]
Bishop and his manual labor manage to completely rebuild the garage wall. All thats left to do is pressurize the room.

Do repair stuff.  Suddenly wonder about the whereabouts of my pet hand.
"Uuuhhhoookay. It's official, my head isn't working right now. I'm going to lie down and try to focus. Mesk, do me a favor and don't do anything with those replacements until we've got a working one. I'd rather have no leg than have one I can't properly use. Although I should probably do something about the suit..."

See if there are any materials on hand that could be used to seal up the MkI in its current condition, and try applying them if there are. Get Mesk to help. Then lie down and keep recovering lost blood until my head is clearer.
Your pet hand is probably still in the barracks around here.
[anton handi:1+1]
[Mesk handi:4]

Anton attempts to repair his suit but just spends the entire time flailing his hands at the open stump of a suit, doing literally nothing.

And then mesk, probably feeling sorry for him, just seals suit shut around his leg stump and hands him a crutch.

"Have fun, gimpy."

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15273 on: July 22, 2013, 02:07:41 pm »

((Well, how am I supposed to know (i.e.: tell you) if we caught any good stuff? That stuff with the fog changing around the tree as we took out a chunk, was that any good? Or anything else, really?))

Not good. Well, he doesn't seem to be handing this very well, so will need to get to him. But better not to rush on this.

Try to minimize the chance of being blown away by not standing on my feet, but crawling forward on my fours.
Also crawl in such a way as to not be hit by wind sideways, but the opposite of sideways, (kill my English,) even if it means crawling with a bent.
The scatter-brain is coming with me as a backup.
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15274 on: July 22, 2013, 02:12:46 pm »

((You don't know if a sample was useful until the end of the mission.  Really, you may not ever know- the only feedback you're likely to get is the fluctuation of your token reward.))

Lars winced.  That hurt.  "Brother Vich, I fear I have broken something.  I may need to see a disciple of Emar-i sometime soon."

Stop the damn roll!  Stabilize position enough to start trying to get out of here.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15275 on: July 22, 2013, 02:27:30 pm »

((The problem was, if you forgot, that Piecewise lost his damn artifact data, and we had to remind him what we had. So there is a very meta reason why we should know if anything was important.))

"I'm coming for you, or at least trying to. Rather slowly, might I add. Do try to stop rolling in the meanwhile."
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15276 on: July 22, 2013, 03:31:04 pm »

Pressurise room.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15277 on: July 22, 2013, 03:36:26 pm »

Rest, then go check the side of the gravity well that was opposite where the crystal used to be.

((Wow. A perfect descending string of rolls. Wonder what the odds of that are.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15278 on: July 22, 2013, 03:50:29 pm »

((Wow. A perfect descending string of rolls. Wonder what the odds of that are.))
1/(6^6)=1/46656=approximately 0.00002=0.002%

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15279 on: July 22, 2013, 03:58:03 pm »

((The lab umbilical's walls are going to end up no longer existing, being replaced with nearly pure weld spots by the time we're done on this planetoid, I'll bet.

On the plus side, we'll have no issues with contacting Steve when he arrives to pick us up!))

Cut a hole for the antenna, get it outside, then seal the hole back up again.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15280 on: July 22, 2013, 04:31:16 pm »

((Damn you and your science.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15281 on: July 22, 2013, 04:35:35 pm »

((Damn you and your science.))
((The correct question would be: What is the chance of a string of rolls that will make us wonder what were the chances of that string happening. If you've heard of Black Swan, you know exactly what I'm talking about.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15282 on: July 22, 2013, 04:48:30 pm »

fix program, if unsuccessful repeatedly start from scratch until useable program is made.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15283 on: July 22, 2013, 05:01:38 pm »

"You see, this is why you shouldn't send a flesh-body to do a robot's job. Though to be fair, I do miss my old body a bit."

Finish filling the hole, then start on my way north via the pass in the speed-modifying zones.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15284 on: July 22, 2013, 05:42:36 pm »

((The correct question would be: What is the chance of a string of rolls that will make us wonder what were the chances of that string happening. If you've heard of Black Swan, you know exactly what I'm talking about.))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 1017 1018 [1019] 1020 1021 ... 1256