Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1009 1010 [1011] 1012 1013 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942876 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: From Bad to Worse
« Reply #15150 on: July 12, 2013, 05:34:17 am »

Go look for something to fix.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15151 on: July 12, 2013, 09:38:12 am »

Find my exosuit in the garage. Crawl it near the gate. Find a handhold on the gate and another one somewhere stable near the gate. Grab hold of one with one hand and the other with the other hand. Prepare to start pulling so I can straighten the door.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15152 on: July 12, 2013, 10:47:31 am »

Head to medbay to assist with Gilgamesh/Anton.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15153 on: July 12, 2013, 11:24:11 am »

((Yeah, sure I didn't get very far in. I also didn't get lost, didn't get injured, and got a fair number of samples. Speaking of,
I got that tree trunk sample, right?

And who is the "Mike" Flint is using?))

Take a short rest (15 min) and label the samples.
Before doing that, send Zephyris in to the thicker part (but where she can still see us) to observe the effect.

When we finish resting, or after the effect finishes, whichever comes last, head to the sector NorthWest of the fog, and West of the Teleportation Mushrooms, making a detour (if we need it) to the shuttle to resuply, and mapping the fog sector limits in the process. Also, I hate numbers. I like math, but I hate numbers. Numbers for labeling, not numbers used in math.

Yeah, you got the sample. The "of" in that sentence should be "off"

You sit down on the edge of the zone, cursing your old man body, and command Zeph to explore the fog some more. Zeph just sort of stands there.

"Oh, wait, thats right, gotta..."

You stand up and slap Zeph in the back of the head a few times till she starts ambling forward robotically. You watch until she's on the edge of your vision and then tell her to stop. She stops. You content yourself with the fact that, though she may be half brain dead for some reason, at least her cameras still work. You watch as the pulsating, spreading redness eventually softens and vanishes as the tree heals itself and returns to normal.

"Ok, come back."

She doesn't come back.

God damn it.

Examine base for damage
Really? It's easier to tell you what areas aren't damaged.

Basically: armory is ultra fucked, medbay  is mega fucked, garage is fucked, no one has even looked at the conference room, and the lab is sorta damaged.

"O Cog-azaon, may you grant us understanding of this grey fog that is hopefully shark-free!"

Follow the leader some more.

The HMRC's Second favorite game. Right after "Fuck everything up and light shit on fire."

((Only because I lack anything flammable.))

((Also, clouds and sharks?  You must be thinking of this.))
"I wonder why he doesn't use me for exploring. I mean, surely he knows that the sleepwalkers like Zeph are easily captivated and hypnotized. She probably saw a shiny rock and is now dead from the neck up."

"Well, there's nothing for it. Might as well get to work."

Weld the armoury umbilical door shut and spray paint a bright coloured X across the middle of the door. Then head outside, around to the armoury umbilical and start cutting away large slabs off the walls from the armoury and the umbilical.
[handi:5+1] You weld the door shut alright. And by weld I mean you melt the entire front half of the door into a flat wall of slag. Ain't no one getting through that door any time soon. You not to yourself and take the long walk around to the other side of said door, to the armory umbilical.
[handi:6+1] You, rather foolishly, just cut the umbilical off at both ends; separating the two buildings but leaving you with a giant metal pipe that immediately falls to the ground and begins rolling off toward the Gravity seep.

Assist Bishop in disassembling the remnants of the armory.
You take the armory building itself, since Bishop seems to have the umbilical well in hand.
[handi:5-1]
You dig into the structure with your torch, hacking off large sheets of metal and tearing out electronic components and pieces. It goes fairly well you think; and you leave nothing but the building's metal skeleton. Mostly because thats whats holding up that heat shield that sliced the building in half. And you don't want said heat shield falling on you.

"Hey Bishop, I got this half..." And then you notice the umbilical rolling away with bishop chasing after it.

reroute all power out of the armory, watch the deconstruction team pull the armory apart and grab any thermal cameras they remove.
[aux:4+1]
You shut the power off without issue, rerouting it to the still functional areas of the base. While you're at it, you do the same with the wasted power in the medbay as well. That done, you take the ladder route over the roof and finally over to the armory, or whats left of it. To your dismay, the electrical works of the building are all laying in a completely unorganized, partially torn apart, tangled heap.

Get him as close to one of the entrances as you possibly can while keeping him in Gilgamesh. Medical, or what's left of it, is where you'll be going. I'll get there and cut a hole in the wall big enough so we can fit the suit inside, as close to the airlock as possible.

...What happened to him, anyways?

Abandon wiring project for now, cut holes in Medbay so that Gilgamesh can be brought in and positioned close to the airlock into the habitable section of the base.

((Actually, PW, could you mark the map of the base what is completely sealed and what we can still get into/out of the habitable zone through? At the moment, it's indistinguishable.))
(Marked soft sealed -ie doors that open onto vacuum but CAN actually be opened- with blue lines and hard sealed doors-doors that can't be opened for one reason or another- with red.)

[handi:1]
You weld the door from the main building to the medbay completely shut.

"That sounds like a plan. I'll move him there now. I don't know what exactly happened, to be honest. He simply took a beating from the blast."

Bring Gilgamesh (Anton) close to the entrance to the Medbay and wait for Simus to cut a hole. Then bring Gilgamesh in.
"Ok simus, I'm here and waiting. Wait, simus, What are you doing? Simus, stop! SIMUS!"

"AAAaaaaand done! Now you can come insid--wait..."

"God damn it simus. God damn it."

Go look for something to fix.
Garage wall still needs fixing. As do several of the vehicles. And the lab and lab umbilical.

Find my exosuit in the garage. Crawl it near the gate. Find a handhold on the gate and another one somewhere stable near the gate. Grab hold of one with one hand and the other with the other hand. Prepare to start pulling so I can straighten the door.
Unfortunately there are no good handholds on the outer gate. Otherwise Lukas could have just done this himself. He is stronger then you, after all. Bigger too. Might be more handsome, if his head weren't a metal skull.

Wait a minute...Lukas is a giant robot with a metal head...Miyamoto drives a giant robot and has a metal head...If you get a giant head, you get a giant robot! IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!

Head to medbay to assist with Gilgamesh/Anton.
You head over to the med bay door, find the mess simus caused and help by slapping her in the back of the head.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #15154 on: July 12, 2013, 11:45:09 am »

Auto-repair/assist.

(Gonna be away for the weekend.)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15155 on: July 12, 2013, 12:26:53 pm »

((... Do consider that my action had nothing to do with the door. It had to do with cutting a Gilgamesh-sized hole in a wall. I can't see how it's possible to weld a door shut, even with a crit fail, if I'm not working anywhere near to it anyways.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15156 on: July 12, 2013, 01:04:46 pm »

((That was really funny. It doesn't make any In-Universe sense, and it pretty embarassing, but is really funny.

To Flint: Because I forget that they are not mushrooms.))

Fine. Get Zephy, then
                                head to the sector NorthWest of the fog, and West of the Teleportation Mushrooms Domes, making a detour (if we need it) to the shuttle to resuply, and mapping the fog sector limits in the process.

"By the way, Lars, I was wondering. Why did you call that murderous mist in the last mission "Sharkmist"? Didn't see any sharks in there, and while I skimmed the mission logs, I must have missed the reason."
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 04:44:03 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15157 on: July 12, 2013, 01:10:04 pm »

((May I ask why you're calling the domes mushrooms?))

Prepare to weld a strong looking handhold like piece of metal to the door.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15158 on: July 12, 2013, 01:25:34 pm »

"I did not think this through!" Bishop yells as he takes to the air.

Fly over the umbilical and try pushing against the top part of it at one end with my exoskeleton and rockets pushing against it to turn it around. Once it's turned, then start slowing it down by moving ahead and piling up large rocks for it to roll over. DON'T get pulled under the stupid thing!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15159 on: July 12, 2013, 02:36:39 pm »

Follow the Leader 3: The Following

Lars nodded.  "A teammated was able to conclude that the alien mist was shark-based.  It was grey and ate things, so obviously sharks.  And aliens.  In a mist.  Amen."

((I actually had to look up who started that one.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15160 on: July 12, 2013, 03:23:59 pm »

"Oh well, happens to the best of us... I'll just go help somewhere else."

Assist with moving wall sections to the garage for repair, or if there's not a bridge over the crater, start laying out pieces to make one.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 04:09:11 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15161 on: July 12, 2013, 03:53:38 pm »

"GOD DAMMIT BISHOP! WE NEED THAT!"

Go help Bishop stop the umbilical.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15162 on: July 12, 2013, 04:46:22 pm »

Go fix things in the garage.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15163 on: July 12, 2013, 05:57:48 pm »

sort through the electricals and try to find a few thermal cameras.

If found take them to my footlocker and wait for simus to get her shit together before heading to whetever theyve taken gilgamesh.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 07:51:20 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #15164 on: July 12, 2013, 07:05:54 pm »

"Michael to bishop over: Base is uber-fucked, and I am trapped outside, roger roger, "
Report to bishop, meander around being useful
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.
Pages: 1 ... 1009 1010 [1011] 1012 1013 ... 1256