Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1007 1008 [1009] 1010 1011 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942658 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: From Bad to Worse
« Reply #15120 on: July 11, 2013, 06:34:37 am »

Help bishop with whatever he needs.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15121 on: July 11, 2013, 06:53:39 am »

"Need some help?"

help Lukas with whatever he is doing.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #15122 on: July 11, 2013, 06:55:08 am »

"Okaay"
Scuttle across carefully, load spare clip
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15123 on: July 11, 2013, 06:55:56 am »

((Damn EULAs.))

Make sure to not step on the bridge under any circumstances. What areas can I reach without going through the bridge?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15124 on: July 11, 2013, 06:59:57 am »

You're probably gonna be out a while, until someone gets blood into you or gets you stabilized at the temporary infirmary. One way or another. Although, if it takes too long, you will wake up in there, probably feeling like crap.

Crap that got a limb forcefully amputated.
((I'm fairly well aware of that, but I don't think just plain staying inactive is going to achieve anything either. :P))

Hallucinate a dreamscape of pink fluffy unicorns dancing on rainbows. ((I wonder what roll would that be? Int? Will? We need a San parameter. :P))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15125 on: July 11, 2013, 07:57:38 am »

((I wonder what roll would that be? Int? Will? We need a San parameter. :P))

((Will rolls.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15126 on: July 11, 2013, 08:07:08 am »

((May, at least, has a custom San parameter. That is, she is her own San score.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15127 on: July 11, 2013, 09:31:06 am »

((May, at least, has a custom San parameter. That is, she is her own San score.))
((She is also sometimes her own roll result.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15128 on: July 11, 2013, 10:59:39 am »

((Yay, two updates in a day! Also, this is my favorite anomaly yet. Right ahead Monkey-Land and Purple Lake.))

"Well, it's bright red and pulsating. And the fog takes on that same color every time it pulsates, so there's that.
Going in. I'll try to snap the little branches."

Poke the tree with the pole. Does the pole adapt that hue? Does my suit as I get closer? If that tree affects me in any way as I get closer, get out.

Can I swim/climb up to the higher branches? If yes, then get up there and take a look around. Then snap a couple of the small little sub-branches and store them. Then get back out.

The "tree" doesn't seem to effect anything but the fog, and moves very easily as you prod it with the pole; it seems to have little to no rigidity.

The fog isn't quite thick enough to swim, but you can, via jumping and vigorous kicking and arm waving, propel yourself good 20-25 feet in the air before you begin to sink back down. With this rather cartoonish flying technique mastered, you manage to make it up to a small bundle of the little sub-branches and try to snap one off. It doesn't snap though, it just flops. The tree has the consistency of wet taffy.

take inventory of the immovable equipment.

((Would it be possible to transfer whats his face to the intact mini shuttle by using gilgamesh to form a blockage around an open hatch?))
(Thats possible. Little difficult and potentially dangerous, but so is letting him go into shock in that robot.)

The immovable equipment is mostly stuff you doubt would be used anyways; diagnostic stuff, various imaging and scanning machines mostly. Stuff designed more to help find cancer or internal bleeding; the sort of stuff that tends to kill civilians. When HMRC go to the doctor, it's usually because they're missing an entire limb or because they have a rail road tie lodged in their skull.

Spin around really fast in a thicker part.  Observe the fog.
[str:2+1]
You attempt to spin around really fast. You spin around sort of quickly, but not really. It causes the same sort of ripples in the fog as everything does. It doesn't seem to create any air pockets or whirlpools though.

"Woops. At least it's not leaking now..." Bishop says to himself as he steps back from the fuel tank.

"I think that our best shot would be having Lukas on one side and someone in Gilgamesh on the other side of the door and have them both combine their efforts to straighten out the door. And don't you dare knock that door down Lukas or I'll play havoc in your insides.

First, let's see if we can reseal this garage. If we can do that, then we can open that door without depressurisation."

Inspect the missing wall and start planning out a replacement. Take some of the armoury wall bits and see how I could put them together to make a new wall. Then, head to the armoury umbilical entrance and make sure it's sealed off permanently.
A missing wall is probably just going to be a matter of welding together enough odd scrap to seal the room shut and then carefully reenforcing it before slowly re-pressurizing the room. The difficult part isn't making a scrap wall; it's making a scrap wall that can survive being pressurized.

As per the armory door;it's sealed just like all the other ones were during the whole crystal thing. You guess you could weld it shut,just to be sure that no one blundered into the room. Or just tell ALVIN to keep it sealed.

See if I can find any stiff, conductive material to make a crude aerial out of, and get the melted remains of the antenna off of the hookup.
There's plenty of stiff materials laying around, but you're not sure how conductive any of them are. You gather up some prospective bits and pile them near the garage before climbing up to the roof and finding the old antenna. The old antenna, along with the hook up and the top half inch of the wall are all melted into uselessness. You're gonna need to replace the hook up and run a new wire down for this to work.

"Crap! This ain't gonna work."

Lukas walks back to Anton. "Hang in there buddy. I'm going to try to find some way into the base and hopefully get you some medical aid."

Leave the garage and try to find another entrance to the base that is still usable.
Usable entrances to the base include the Medbay and the Lab Umbilicals; problematically none of them have a door large enough to to get Gilgamesh through. You suppose, with the help of others, you might be able to transfer Anton from the suit, through vacuum, in to the base quickly enough that he doesn't die. But thats risky as hell...

Help bishop with whatever he needs.
"Need some help?"

help Lukas with whatever he is doing.
You both follow your respective buddies around as they survey the situation and prepare to embark on rescues/repairs.

"Okaay"
Scuttle across carefully, load spare clip
[dex:4]
You scamper across the bridge, just managing to get across before it snaps in half and silently tumbles down into the crater.

"Huh...knew I should have paid more attention in shop class."

((Damn EULAs.))

Make sure to not step on the bridge under any circumstances. What areas can I reach without going through the bridge?
You might be able to get out using the damaged lab Umbilical, though no one has tried to unseal that door yet.

You're probably gonna be out a while, until someone gets blood into you or gets you stabilized at the temporary infirmary. One way or another. Although, if it takes too long, you will wake up in there, probably feeling like crap.

Crap that got a limb forcefully amputated.
((I'm fairly well aware of that, but I don't think just plain staying inactive is going to achieve anything either. :P))

Hallucinate a dreamscape of pink fluffy unicorns dancing on rainbows. ((I wonder what roll would that be? Int? Will? We need a San parameter. :P))
[will:3-1]
You dream of a black expanse of flat black blackness, populated by bland black black things. It is amazingly boring.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15129 on: July 11, 2013, 11:01:42 am »

"So, what do we do now?"

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15130 on: July 11, 2013, 11:15:01 am »

Well, this actually lessens the complications with rebuilding the comms array a bit, it's completely destroyed instead of just the aerial. I can just run it to a new location instead of trying to get it jury-rigged into the existing structure. First, though, I need to patch up the Lab umbilical, and the Lab itself, a bit, make them airtight. Anyone thinking about it, don't open the main door into the umbilical, there's hard vacuum behind that.

Collect any fresh wire if it's available, intact scrap wire if needed, collect more scrap wire from the Infirmary if absolutely necessary (If I can't access the Infirmary without crossing the crater, cut a crawlhole into the remaining wall on this side of the crater for access). Once wire is gotten, splice and lay as much as needed to run from the CCR to the lab umbilical and out of the hole in it to the ground outside inside the umbilical, and run the section that goes outside out. Then repair the umbilical walls around the wire.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15131 on: July 11, 2013, 11:16:58 am »

i hereby declare the barracks medbay open for business.

check the barracks and medbay for any and all rubber sheeting i can find, take it to simus and ask if she can use it to create a temporary airlock between gilgamesh's cockpit and the most intact mini shuttle.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15132 on: July 11, 2013, 11:38:38 am »

"Huh, that tree is really soft. It might just be possible to cut the sample directly out of the trunk. And then I'm done here. This is exhausting."

Cut a sample for the container right out of the trunk. Whether that works or not, first return back to Lars, then out of the fog.

"I think mission accomplished. We've got the ground, the air, the fluids, and the tree branches. Everything we can actually see without conducting scientific experiments. Time to get out, and take a quick break. As I already said, this is exhausting.

The next anomaly we see is all yours, Lars."
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15133 on: July 11, 2013, 12:01:51 pm »

Lars bows his head.  "Fair enough.  Perhaps we should see if we are needed at the base?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15134 on: July 11, 2013, 12:09:51 pm »

"They're fine. I'm keeping half-an-eye on their transmissions, and Simus will probably notify me once they finish repairing. My current plan is to continue North and West from here, exploring these six sectors, one of which we are standing in. Running back and forth to the base isn't really going to solve anything.

Anyway, what do you think of this sector? I feel like the trees I saw are not natural to this ecosystem. They have very little regidity, perhaps the fog is an invader? I wonder what the scientists on the ship will discover with these samples."
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?
Pages: 1 ... 1007 1008 [1009] 1010 1011 ... 1256