Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1008 1009 [1010] 1011 1012 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942896 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: From Bad to Worse
« Reply #15135 on: July 11, 2013, 03:05:33 pm »

If there's a ladder around here, use it to get up to the roof and then down to the garage.
Else, take some wire and tie one end to a piece of scrap that could act as an anchor and the other end on my waist. Start throwing it over the thinnest nearby part of the base and testing the line until I succeed in lodging it somewhere, either on the roof or on the other side. Tie the end that was around my waist somewhere stable nearby. Climb on top of the base and to the other side. Tie the wire on the other side somewhere stable. There should now be an wire connecting the infirmary breach and the other side of the base that can be used to avoid moving through the crater.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15136 on: July 11, 2013, 03:25:37 pm »

Lars raised his arms.  "Such things are a matter for the scientists.  I trust in the gods to provide.  I shall follow your lead if we explore other sectors."

Follow the leader
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15137 on: July 11, 2013, 05:27:43 pm »

Well, this actually lessens the complications with rebuilding the comms array a bit, it's completely destroyed instead of just the aerial. I can just run it to a new location instead of trying to get it jury-rigged into the existing structure. First, though, I need to patch up the Lab umbilical, and the Lab itself, a bit, make them airtight. Anyone thinking about it, don't open the main door into the umbilical, there's hard vacuum behind that.

Collect any fresh wire if it's available, intact scrap wire if needed, collect more scrap wire from the Infirmary if absolutely necessary (If I can't access the Infirmary without crossing the crater, cut a crawlhole into the remaining wall on this side of the crater for access). Once wire is gotten, splice and lay as much as needed to run from the CCR to the lab umbilical and out of the hole in it to the ground outside inside the umbilical, and run the section that goes outside out. Then repair the umbilical walls around the wire.

[handi:4+1]
It takes a while; some extensive scavenging and a hell of a lot of electrical tape and splicing, but you manage to get everything that was damaged wired back up.
[handi:1+1]
You're not really sure where to start on the patching though. You just sort of stand there, metal in one hand, torch in the other, staring blankly.

i hereby declare the barracks medbay open for business.

check the barracks and medbay for any and all rubber sheeting i can find, take it to simus and ask if she can use it to create a temporary airlock between gilgamesh's cockpit and the most intact mini shuttle.
Rubber sheeting is in depressingly low supply. Anything rubber in the garage is now soup; the medbay's supply of rubber seems to be entirely in it's latex gloves supply, and the barracks has fluid resistant plastic on the mattresses but it's shrink wrapped around the damn things and would prove very difficult to remove.

"Huh, that tree is really soft. It might just be possible to cut the sample directly out of the trunk. And then I'm done here. This is exhausting."

Cut a sample for the container right out of the trunk. Whether that works or not, first return back to Lars, then out of the fog.

"I think mission accomplished. We've got the ground, the air, the fluids, and the tree branches. Everything we can actually see without conducting scientific experiments. Time to get out, and take a quick break. As I already said, this is exhausting.

The next anomaly we see is all yours, Lars."

You cut a piece of the tree. When you do so the fog around the tree begins to fade to pink, and then red, darkening and spreading slowly outward. You nod a bit to yourself, wonder if you should tell anyone about this, and then decide to just head back to just outside the foggy zone. Too bad too, you didn't get very far in.

If there's a ladder around here, use it to get up to the roof and then down to the garage.
Else, take some wire and tie one end to a piece of scrap that could act as an anchor and the other end on my waist. Start throwing it over the thinnest nearby part of the base and testing the line until I succeed in lodging it somewhere, either on the roof or on the other side. Tie the end that was around my waist somewhere stable nearby. Climb on top of the base and to the other side. Tie the wire on the other side somewhere stable. There should now be an wire connecting the infirmary breach and the other side of the base that can be used to avoid moving through the crater.

You Get Mike to search around the garage till he finds a ladder. He manages to get it across to you, holding on to the very last rung and swinging it to you, and you use it to get up on the roof of the base. Easy peasy. You follow the roof around to the garage and hop down.

Lars raised his arms.  "Such things are a matter for the scientists.  I trust in the gods to provide.  I shall follow your lead if we explore other sectors."

Follow the leader

The HMRC's Second favorite game. Right after "Fuck everything up and light shit on fire."

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15138 on: July 11, 2013, 05:42:35 pm »

((Yeah, sure I didn't get very far in. I also didn't get lost, didn't get injured, and got a fair number of samples. Speaking of,
I got that tree trunk sample, right?

And who is the "Mike" Flint is using?))

Take a short rest (15 min) and label the samples.
Before doing that, send Zephyris in to the thicker part (but where she can still see us) to observe the effect.

When we finish resting, or after the effect finishes, whichever comes last, head to the sector NorthWest of the fog, and West of the Teleportation Mushrooms, making a detour (if we need it) to the shuttle to resuply, and mapping the fog sector limits in the process. Also, I hate numbers. I like math, but I hate numbers. Numbers for labeling, not numbers used in math.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 05:52:03 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15139 on: July 11, 2013, 08:39:03 pm »

((Probably Corsair's character, Micheal Alexander.))

Run the wire out to the designated array location, leaving the rest inside, then patch around the wire and fill in any remaining holes.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 04:40:02 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #15140 on: July 11, 2013, 09:15:02 pm »

Examine base for damage
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15141 on: July 11, 2013, 09:28:47 pm »

"O Cog-azaon, may you grant us understanding of this grey fog that is hopefully shark-free!"

Follow the leader some more.

The HMRC's Second favorite game. Right after "Fuck everything up and light shit on fire."

((Only because I lack anything flammable.))

((Also, clouds and sharks?  You must be thinking of this.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15142 on: July 11, 2013, 11:07:35 pm »

"Well, there's nothing for it. Might as well get to work."

Weld the armoury umbilical door shut and spray paint a bright coloured X across the middle of the door. Then head outside, around to the armoury umbilical and start cutting away large slabs off the walls from the armoury and the umbilical.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15143 on: July 11, 2013, 11:09:12 pm »

Assist Bishop in disassembling the remnants of the armory.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15144 on: July 11, 2013, 11:29:18 pm »

reroute all power out of the armory, watch the deconstruction team pull the armory apart and grab any thermal cameras they remove.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 05:30:24 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #15145 on: July 12, 2013, 03:07:42 am »

"Aw, this shit is fucked up."

Lukas opens a comm to the rest of the team. "Hey, I'm gonna need some help with Anton. He's in a very bad shape and needs medical attention as soon as possible. The problems is that he is in Gilgamesh, which is breached, and Gilgamesh is in the garage, which is also breached. The only way to get him into the medbay is by getting him out of Gilgamesh, thereby exposing him to vacuum, and getting him into the base asap. It's going to be very risky and I can't do it alone. Anyone else up for this?"
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15146 on: July 12, 2013, 04:14:07 am »

You sure the suit can't fit into a habitable area before we get him out?

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #15147 on: July 12, 2013, 04:28:39 am »

You sure the suit can't fit into a habitable area before we get him out?

"Well, the garage is breached and the door to the CCR is jammed shut, which means that the breach is the only way out of the garage. The only two ways into the base are the entrances to the Medbay and the Lab Umbilicals. Gilgamesh won't fit through either one of them."

((Or so a little bird called Piecewise told me ;)))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15148 on: July 12, 2013, 04:39:49 am »

Get him as close to one of the entrances as you possibly can while keeping him in Gilgamesh. Medical, or what's left of it, is where you'll be going. I'll get there and cut a hole in the wall big enough so we can fit the suit inside, as close to the airlock as possible.

...What happened to him, anyways?

Abandon wiring project for now, cut holes in Medbay so that Gilgamesh can be brought in and positioned close to the airlock into the habitable section of the base.

((Actually, PW, could you mark the map of the base what is completely sealed and what we can still get into/out of the habitable zone through? At the moment, it's indistinguishable.))
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 04:43:43 am by PyroDesu »

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #15149 on: July 12, 2013, 05:00:44 am »

"That sounds like a plan. I'll move him there now. I don't know what exactly happened, to be honest. He simply took a beating from the blast."

Bring Gilgamesh (Anton) close to the entrance to the Medbay and wait for Simus to cut a hole. Then bring Gilgamesh in.
Pages: 1 ... 1008 1009 [1010] 1011 1012 ... 1256