Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 998 999 [1000] 1001 1002 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945279 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Screwed and Mutinous
« Reply #14985 on: July 03, 2013, 11:30:31 pm »

"RUN"
RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN (possibly into the AI core)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 12:42:16 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14986 on: July 03, 2013, 11:37:33 pm »

Everyone, get down to the AI core or Life Support if you can, it's probably our best chance if this things grazes us.

Quote from: To ALVIN
ALVIN, tell me where power lines are so I can sever them.

Laser cut power lines with ALVIN's direction, then head to shelter in the AI Core if it isn't sealed.

((Also, I'm back, just deciding what to do and being distracted.))

((Good thing RC gave us both control over Miyamoto, who I would assume would prefer to get to a position of safety. If not, then at least I'm doing something to keep his character alive so he can correct it later.))

Miyamoto gets to the AI core if it's open.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 11:40:28 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14987 on: July 03, 2013, 11:49:54 pm »

((Is there anybody else outside near the base?))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14988 on: July 04, 2013, 12:03:10 am »

((I think only 3 or 4 people made it out in time))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14989 on: July 04, 2013, 12:09:10 am »

"OH SHIT! EVERYONE, MOVE!"

Grab supplies and rush down to the AI core! Pray for mercy.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14990 on: July 04, 2013, 01:28:11 am »

As the only human person in the Garage, Anton does the only sensible thing to do.

Get into Gilgamesh, close the cockpit. Try to power up and assume a defensive position, using limbs to shield myself from possible debris and/or heatwaves.

"Oh great. Just great. Sorry Miyamoto, but I'll take Gilgamesh for a moment."
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #14991 on: July 04, 2013, 02:25:52 am »

Go to AI Core
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14992 on: July 04, 2013, 11:33:44 am »

Edited action.

((I'm not sure Lukas can fit in the AI core...))

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14993 on: July 04, 2013, 05:52:20 pm »

((Holy crap. That whole crystal-incident escalated rather quick. And I'm really sorry about my ongoing inactiveness, but free time is a kinda rare thing at the moment. Also I'm unsure about Zephy's whereabouts.))

Where am I?

If I'm at the base: Suit up if not already done, try (probably in vain at this point) to take shelter in the AI core.

If I'm not at the base: Head over to Vich. Help out with whatever he's doing.
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14994 on: July 04, 2013, 06:03:46 pm »

((We're having a party with me, you, Jack, and Lars near the crashed shuttle. Everyone else is doomed.

That's the rundown. Also, apparently you are now my protégé, with how you've followed me around for the entirety of the mission.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14995 on: July 04, 2013, 06:10:38 pm »

((You realize of course that without the bases life support system you guys are screwed too right?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14996 on: July 04, 2013, 06:13:29 pm »

((Umm... no? I've got the food we'll need to survive. It will be uncomfortable, sure. Never taking a shower for a year seven months, sleeping off a bed, etc, but I don't see any fundamental problem with surviving.

To below: Probably. That was never once posed as a problem, and MKI was specifically designed to deal with environmental hazards.
But if it does become a problem, we will probably figure something out. Like getting oxygen at the newly formed lake, he he he.))
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 06:25:17 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14997 on: July 04, 2013, 06:22:20 pm »

((You sure the air in your suit will last seven straight months without requiring replacement oxygen?))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14998 on: July 04, 2013, 07:27:20 pm »

((Holy crap. That whole crystal-incident escalated rather quick. And I'm really sorry about my ongoing inactiveness, but free time is a kinda rare thing at the moment. Also I'm unsure about Zephy's whereabouts.))

Where am I?

If I'm at the base: Suit up if not already done, try (probably in vain at this point) to take shelter in the AI core.

If I'm not at the base: Head over to Vich. Help out with whatever he's doing.

You wander over to vich and poke him.

"OHSHIT!"

Search for any sort of functional vehicle outside. Get inside, wait as long as is safe for any other people to get on, and get as far away from the crystal as I can, as fast as I can. If vehicle not availible, FUCKING RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!
You turn back toward the base as the Garage doors seal shut and massive metal blast shields coated with heat resistant ceramic plates rise from the ground like rows of tombstones, all around the base. There aren't any vehicles around so the best you can do, as far as you see it, is to run around to the opposite side of the base and curl in a ball behind it, propped between two heat shields.

"Fuck this shit! I told you we should have killed it! ALVIN, power line location, stat! I'll show that crappy excuse of an AI how we cut off unauthorized power usage where I come from..." said Flint as he readied his monorazor.
EDIT: Then he looked at Simus and saw her laser. After debating for a few moments simply taking the laser from her, much like she had taken him from the lab, he decided to take the high road. "Simus, move your shiny metal ass and fucking laser the fucking powerlines! Now! Before that thing does any more damage!" Okay, maybe it was more of a middle road...

With help from ALVIN, use monorazor to locate and sever powerlines to the lab. If the powerlines are behind metal panels that can't be removed in time, robokick the panel to dent it and use the monorazor to cut the diameter of the dent, then use monorazor to widen the hole until I can reach the powerlines and sever them. Pray to the pantheon that the monorazor's grip is not conductive...

EDIT: Or convince Simus to shoot her laser to cut the lines, that's fine too. We already have no life support, a hull breach won't cost us much.

EDIT2: If there's enough time, go hide in the fridge. (Water crystals, ie ice, is a very good protection against radiation, which I assume is the danger here, since the suits provide heat insulation)

Simus seems to have this handled, so you make a mad dash to the freezer and slam the door shut behind you, cowering between a pallet of ice cream and a shelf of hotdogs.

"ohshitohshitohshitohshit... everyone, grab what supplies you can and get downstairs!"
Grab my gear and any supplies I can, suit up, head down to the core post-haste.
You grab the same bugout bag you had from last time and slide down the ladder into the core.

graball the guns from the armory and all the food and drugs i can fit into a blanket and hide in the core

((If i die here im gonna be very angry due to my repeated attempts to leave.))
You grab the meager supplies from the armory and some food from the kitchen before joining mesk in the core.

((Remember we talked about evacuation? Now I get to tell you guys "I told you so!"
So... I told you so!))

So it was finally happening. That stupid giant crystal that was slowly but reliably moving has finally reached that hole in the ground.
And these morons were still in the base. Not bothering at all to evacuate.

Not that I expected any better. Untrained, unprofessional, with nothing on the line. That's pretty much the level of caution one should expect from HMRC. Like High Schoolers during a bad fire drill. But even then... there's still just a tinge of disappointment. But then again, nothing less than expected.

For all that, I could use this disaster, if it turns into a disaster of course, to advance my own standing in this... organisation. Hopelly this won't turn into a fight for food. If the kitchen is destroyed but everyone survives... that would be the worst thing that could happen. I won't stand a chance defending the supplies. Here's to hoping that won't happen. Fingers crossed.

"Jack, I have a pretty good idea of what is happening. Remember that the crystal was moving along that canyon?
I think it reached the gravity seep.

I would suggest not distracting them. Whatever they're going to do, they don't really have the time to chat with us. "

Enjoy the show.

To Jack: "Enjoy the show. I might have something to say on this later, I might have a lot to say about this later.
But for now we'd better just wait and see how it turns out."

You act very smug.

((Boy, I'm glad Lars isn't in the base.))

Lars gasped as he saw the messages from Alvin.  "O Algis, may your shielding hands protect our base and all that dwell within!  O Pathmas, may our team find itself in your favor!  O Steve, help!"

Duck and cover
You cower in a corner, wishing you were a turtle. A turtle with a fallout shelter.

"RUN"
RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN (possibly into the AI core)
You join Mesk in the AI core.

Everyone, get down to the AI core or Life Support if you can, it's probably our best chance if this things grazes us.

Quote from: To ALVIN
ALVIN, tell me where power lines are so I can sever them.

Laser cut power lines with ALVIN's direction, then head to shelter in the AI Core if it isn't sealed.

((Also, I'm back, just deciding what to do and being distracted.))

((Good thing RC gave us both control over Miyamoto, who I would assume would prefer to get to a position of safety. If not, then at least I'm doing something to keep his character alive so he can correct it later.))

Miyamoto gets to the AI core if it's open.

Miyamoto runs to the core as Simus attempts to slice through the power cabling near the lab.

[con:1+1]

Unfortunately she fumbles the rifle and spends several minutes chasing it around the room, kicking it out of your own hands every time.

"OH SHIT! EVERYONE, MOVE!"

Grab supplies and rush down to the AI core! Pray for mercy.
Another man in the hidey hole.

As the only human person in the Garage, Anton does the only sensible thing to do.

Get into Gilgamesh, close the cockpit. Try to power up and assume a defensive position, using limbs to shield myself from possible debris and/or heatwaves.

"Oh great. Just great. Sorry Miyamoto, but I'll take Gilgamesh for a moment."
You crawl into Gilgamesh.
[aux:1]
And promptly close the cockpit doors on your right leg.
[end:4]
Oh dear. Oh dear that is a lot of pain. And a lot of blood.

"Anton here can I AHHHMOTHERFUC-get a band-aid, because I'm GODDAMNOHGOD-bleeding all over the cockpit."

Go to AI Core
You can't really fit there...so you just curl up in the garage.

There's no one who can see what happens next, save for Vich and his crew, but they don't see much more then a bright light on the horizon. Those deep in the AI core don't feel much; the ground shakes a bit and the emergency lights in the core flicker. Paris, in the freezer, gets buried under microwavable meals and a metal shelf. Gilgamesh and his newly gimped rider find themselves laying face down next to Lucas, bowled over in the dark as the garage seems to jerk a few feet forward and then back. Simus, lost in the dark of the hall, stumbles around for a few second before suddenly finding herself flipping through the air and into a wall. And then the darkened hallway is ablaze with light; a burning hole in the wall illuminating a matching hole in the lab door and a matching chunk taken out of her side. Morul, huddling behind the base, can only watch as the world becomes a tunnel of light; like falling backwards through reentry, or looking upward from the surface of the sun. In the blinding coronal stream, amidst the rumbles, are sharp shivers, things impacting somewhere near by.

After a few long moments the light fades, and everything is quiet, save for the sucking of the last bits of atmosphere out of the lab hall.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #14999 on: July 04, 2013, 07:35:35 pm »

"That sounds bad, horrible actually time to see what is upstairs if there even is one"
Find out what still exists upstairs
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.
Pages: 1 ... 998 999 [1000] 1001 1002 ... 1256