Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 999 1000 [1001] 1002 1003 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945229 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Screwed and Mutinous
« Reply #15000 on: July 04, 2013, 07:37:28 pm »

Er... See if I'm still in one piece?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15001 on: July 04, 2013, 07:37:36 pm »

Curse all aliens and their alien children. Get unburied. Help Simus and anyone else in the way as much as I can. If Alvin says the thing is still sucking power, or if I can't contact Alvin, cut the power lines with Simus' laser or my monorazor. Unless there's something obvious telling me I shouldn't do that.

Edit: If the lab corridor door has been sealed by Alvin to prevent air loss, order him to seal the doors behind me and unseal the door infront of me.

Edit2: Since the lab door should be destroyed now, get in there and monorazor the thing after cutting the power lines.

((Fitting turn for page 1000. Lots of suspense.))
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 07:56:41 pm by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15002 on: July 04, 2013, 07:50:46 pm »

Lars hangs his head and turns on the all-comms.  "O Steve, may your light guide any departed souls to your warm embrace.  Is anyone alive in there?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15003 on: July 04, 2013, 07:51:41 pm »

((Yeah, I especially liked the first post on the page: "RUNNNNNN".

So nobody died? Even the guys in the garage and outside the base? Okay, we'll roll with it. But I wonder how the map now looks.

Also, Flint is really single-minded, isn't he?))

"Jack, I think it'd be better for you to take the MPV and head back to base. The storm seems to have passed, or will pass soon enough, and they may need an engineer and skillful hands. Plus, those shuttle parts wouldn't hurt the repair.

For the others, we can either head back, or explore the sector SouthWest  of us. But unless they need any manual labor, there's not many reasons for us to head back, and it's been a while since anyone explored anything."

Quote from: To Miyamoto, Simus, Alvin, Bishop
Base, status report? All we saw is a big flash.

Since nobody says anything, go explore that damned sector then. (by which I mean the three of us)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 04:08:35 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15004 on: July 04, 2013, 07:54:03 pm »

Am I alive? Status check self, then go check the crystal.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15005 on: July 04, 2013, 08:03:54 pm »

wait and see if whatever happened happens again.
Ask alvin about vault status and to patch the security feed from the lab to my helmet/wristpad, check for biomemetic life forms.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 09:17:07 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15006 on: July 04, 2013, 11:53:18 pm »

"This is Bishop. I'm ok, as well as the others down here in the core. It's a good thing that this is pretty deep down in here. I'm heading up to check out the damage. Everyone check in. ALVIN, send me a damage report and sensor readings outside the base."

Head upstairs and inspect the damage. Have ALVIN provide me with the stuff I requested.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15007 on: July 05, 2013, 12:33:06 am »

"Heading up? You sure it won't hit again?"
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 12:53:15 am by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15008 on: July 05, 2013, 02:28:44 am »

"I'm hardcore and willing to accept that I might die a quick and painless death when compared to other ways that I could go while I'm in the HMRC. That and the thing seems to only react to attacks, and I'm not stupid enough to try and take it on when I'm on foot. I'll take my chances. Cover me."

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15009 on: July 05, 2013, 05:55:17 am »

"Very well."

Take MPV back to base.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15010 on: July 05, 2013, 02:24:14 pm »

Edited action

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15011 on: July 05, 2013, 06:05:00 pm »

Er... See if I'm still in one piece?

The light from outside has faded to a dull glow, so you activate your head lamps and sweep the beams around the dark hallway. You see your own leg over near the hole in the wall. Oh. You look down. Your right leg is completely gone, as is a large chunk of your lower body; only one leg is left and a ragged semi-circle has been torn out from about belly button height all the way down to where your other leg should be.

Curse all aliens and their alien children. Get unburied. Help Simus and anyone else in the way as much as I can. If Alvin says the thing is still sucking power, or if I can't contact Alvin, cut the power lines with Simus' laser or my monorazor. Unless there's something obvious telling me I shouldn't do that.

Edit: If the lab corridor door has been sealed by Alvin to prevent air loss, order him to seal the doors behind me and unseal the door infront of me.

Edit2: Since the lab door should be destroyed now, get in there and monorazor the thing after cutting the power lines.

[str:6]
You throw the shelf off of you and crawl out of the freezer, closing the door behind you. It's completely pitch black in the room, not even the emergency lights are running. You turn on your lamps and look around. The kitchen is intact, so you head over toward the lab. The door to the lab umbilical is closed and sealed tight. You try the controls and it doesn't respond. You send a message to ALVIN to open the doors. He responds over your wristpad:

>SYSTEM POWER SEVERED. MANUAL RECONNECTION REQUIRED TO OPEN DOOR

Am I alive? Status check self, then go check the crystal.

You sit up, leaving an outline of black rock where you were laying. The stone glows a dull cherry red with heat and the shields even around back here have bowed forward somewhat, from the force and the heat. You check yourself over; but realize quickly that if you had been injured, the suit puncture would mean you'd be dead already. You stand up and walk around toward the corner of the base.

The entire structure has been rounded; it's corners partially molten and blown smooth. The entire building looks like it partially melted and then blew a foot or so before solidifying again; the metal is discolored by heat and strange formations, like sideways stalactites, mark the direction of the blast. Beyond the building, in the direction of the crater and the crystal, the ground is still visibly hot, more so the further east you go. Craters, some small, some quite large, potmark the terrain randomly.

The crystal is gone. Where to, you can't say. The Gravity well seems unchanged, but the area around it is a burnt, melted, potmarked wasteland.

"That sounds bad, horrible actually time to see what is upstairs if there even is one"
Find out what still exists upstairs

"This is Bishop. I'm ok, as well as the others down here in the core. It's a good thing that this is pretty deep down in here. I'm heading up to check out the damage. Everyone check in. ALVIN, send me a damage report and sensor readings outside the base."

Head upstairs and inspect the damage. Have ALVIN provide me with the stuff I requested.

Bishop and Michael climb back upstairs and begin digging about. It's dark, none of the lights are functioning, and few of the doors are actually open. Those that are open are only openable because the have manual overrides that can be cranked open, and because their blast doors either hadn't activated or had only raised part way. The barracks is a mess, but intact. The Kitchen is much the same way. They attempt to open the Infirmary hall door but slam it shut a moment later as it starts to suck the atmosphere out. The hall must be breached. The garage doors are closed, but bowed inward slightly, either from the blast wave or from something hitting them from the outside.

Bishop runs his hand over the blast door to the garage and asks ALVIN to send him any information he has.

>THE POWER SYSTEM HAS BEEN PHYSICALLY SEVERED FROM THE UPPER COMPOUND AREAS. ALL SENSORS OFFLINE.

Bishop sighs and looks around. It seems like they're quite literally sealed inside the base, as things are; without being able to reach the labs, the infirmary, the garage or the armory.

"Very well."

Take MPV back to base.
You drive the MPV back towards the base, stopping just outside the home zone. The entire place is glowing red hot.

((Yeah, I especially liked the first post on the page: "RUNNNNNN".

So nobody died? Even the guys in the garage and outside the base? Okay, we'll roll with it. But I wonder how the map now looks.

Also, Flint is really single-minded, isn't he?))

"Jack, I think it'd be better for you to take the MPV and head back to base. The storm seems to have passed, or will pass soon enough, and they may need an engineer and skillful hands. Plus, those shuttle parts wouldn't hurt the repair.

For the others, we can either head back, or explore the sector SouthWest  of us. But unless they need any manual labor, there's not many reasons for us to head back, and it's been a while since anyone explored anything."

Quote from: To Miyamoto, Simus, Alvin, Bishop
Base, status report? All we saw is a big flash.

Since nobody says anything, go explore that damned sector then. (by which I mean the three of us)

I assume you mean 32, right?

Well, you head that way and get to the edge but, well, two things. First thing: That entire zone appears to be covered in a grayish fog. Second thing: what little ground you can see seems to look different from the stone and you can just make out enormous, branching shapes, like tree limbs, hidden in the fog.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 06:59:44 pm by piecewise »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #15012 on: July 05, 2013, 06:39:49 pm »

Get upstairs, head lamps on, get to work clearing away rubble and trying to find anyone injured.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 10:15:51 pm by Remalle »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15013 on: July 05, 2013, 07:29:03 pm »

Nicht schon wieder. What is with my service here and losing limbs?

Quote from: To:All, Re. Simus
I'm all right, though I am lucky to be, one of my legs has been torn off and the damage came close to my braincase. If I could get some assistance in the lab umbilical, it would be appreciated, though you might need to come around from the outside to get to me. In the meantime, I'll try to pull myself back together, literally... again.

Crawl over to the piece that got torn away and see if it's salvageable.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15014 on: July 05, 2013, 07:29:31 pm »

((This has gotten very interesting with you guys trapped inside the base. Hopefully Jack and Morul will be able to help out.))

"Okay, I am honestly lost in how to explore this. I assume that the suits will insulate us against the fog, but the ground... unless someone wants to volunteer to go forward... we should figure out how to explore that zone without being lost."

Map update?

Try to capture a part of the fog in a container without going inside the sector. (I assume it spreads out, or is it contained by something?)
How high is the fog?
Do the tree limbs appear moving in any way?

Pages: 1 ... 999 1000 [1001] 1002 1003 ... 1256