Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 981 982 [983] 984 985 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940283 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Screwed and Mutinous
« Reply #14730 on: June 19, 2013, 02:16:29 pm »

"Твою же ж мать..."

Anton stares blankly at the swath of destruction the sensors show him.

"Barrel of oil into a hive of flaming bees, huh. ALVIN, analyze sensor records. Compare estimated power output of Lukas's particle cannon to that of the anomaly's retaliation discharge. I want to know if it's only using the power that was fed into it."

As he says that, Anton focuses the base's sensors on the area where Miyamoto and Lukas were before the crystal fired, trying to pick up a trace of any transmissions at all.

Query ALVIN. Attempt to locate robot overlords.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14731 on: June 19, 2013, 03:47:58 pm »

Find the shuttle.
Which one? The one bishop just repaired? The one Mesk used to be flying? The one crashed out in the salt flats? One of the mini ones in the garage?

"Gentlemen: Holy. Shit. Maybe attacking that thing is not the best idea... At any rate, the shuttle is now fixed and properly working, so we can fly it around again."

Put everything back in the garage and then head to the map room to update our map data. Keep listening over the radio.
You calmly put your tools away while listening to Miyamoto curse up a storm over the radio. He's certainly a high strung person, isn't he? You remember when you were like that. Back before the crippling depression, drug addiction and finally acceptance and nihilism. Ah, fond memories.

You head to the map room and update the map. By which I mean you erase a large section of the map and replace it with molten slag.

Continue jogging, but in the direction of the base.  Got to get home sometime.
You jog something like...20 miles and collapse into the base, half conscious and completely delirious.  Algis is patting your head as a kindly passerby, who you think is either anton or maybe just a giant koala, drags you to the infirmary.

"Blessed be the meek....for they shall inherit...because they stay up late and change the will..."

'FUCK SHIT FUCKTHATCRYSTAAAAL.
Calm down man, get it together. You're not dead just yet.

Mesk, get over here with that shuttle, we're stuck in the molten iron and probably can't get out on our own. Bring heat-proof rope or chains or something, have it attached under the shuttle.
Bishop or Simus, you get on that shuttle too, we might need help to get out, I think my sensor's fried.

Okay everybody, I'm officially out of ideas that don't involve hiding or running. We gave that thing our best shot and it shrugged it of and dished it back tenfold.'

Damage report! check what works, what is broken, try to get view of surroundings. Check fuel level.

You try to move your right arm out of the control brace but stop as white hot knives of pain stab into your forearm. Broken, probably. You wipe blood out of your eyes with your left hand and slap the keys on your display until the warnings go away and a diagnostic screen comes up. It's a pale blue holo-display in your otherwise pitch black cockpit, and the blinking lights all over the read out make you feel a little bit disoriented; like you're trapped in a metal box with a strobe light.

Fuel levels read as "ERROR" and you're getting no signal from the right arm or the right rocket pod. The left is reading structural damage that makes it unusable. There are warnings indicating about half the damn suit for one reason or another; most of them being that the armor has been damaged. Probably melted. The legs and the left arm are still functioning, but the right leg is pretty badly damaged and can't bend well.

"Well...fuck"

((Oh crap, I'm going to have to pass will checks every time I'm near the kitchen or brother Lars now, aren't I?))

((I'm very curious to see how that crystal gets its energy. I hope the scientists back on the sword can give us an answer if we survive long enough to get that sample back. Which reminds me...))

Flint woke up and inspected his new legs. Oh well. Flesh is overrated anyway. With these things, I'll never get tired of walking again.
I was lucky too. If that thing had aimed a bit higher I would have lost some important parts. Although I'm sure I could get replacement roboparts. Maybe something self lubricating... Wait, why did I think of that?

"Thanks doc. You did a very good job. I think you're a stellar doctor and everybody should follow your example." As he made to leave, he looked back with worry. "You sure you've done everything right, right? These won't pop off after 10 miles? You haven't forgotten anything inside me?"

Stop dreaming. Thoroughly purge my conscious mind from all those dreams. Inspect self and robolegs, make sure there's nothing missing or extra.
If I can control the temperature to the isolation room and I can get it below freezer temperature, set the temperature to as low as possible and put the goo container in there. If not, just put it in the freezer.

((@Radio Controlled: Think about it like this: We're paid to gather data. How hard it can kick our asses is data. So really, you should congratulate yourself for a job well done and ask Steve to compensate you for recording those "Crystal Battle Footage".))

You get up and attempt to purge the dreams of...accessing Simus' USB slots...from your head. If only for the sake of public decency. The Isolation room has no temperature controls, least none you can find, so you just...hey, wait a minute, you don't have your goo sample anymore. Huh...guess someone already put it away.

Oh well, at least you have these cool robo-legs. If this keeps up you might even end up in a body like Simus'. Wonder if she'd like you more like that...

"Alright Auron, you're on your own now.  I recommend kicking this patient until he wakes up, like so:"
Give Morul a swift kick to the ribs.
"And now I'm off to rescue a giant robot and a guy inside a giant robot costume."
Head to the garage, give the shuttle a once-over, and climb inside to begin pre-flight checks.
"Hey Bishop, thanks for the repair job.  Think she'll survive high temperatures for long enough?"
[med:3+2]
Your kick seems to revive Morul, who immediately begins writhing on the ground screaming in pain and confusion. You shrug and head out to the shuttle.

"Thanks for the repairs, repair man. Do me a favor and take a look around for snipers.Don't want to go through that again."

You hop in and start up the shuttle, settling in as it runs it's automated checks.

((
then fly! Try to get behind the base gravity seep relative to the crystal.

I'll save you the grenade. You make a mad dash for the gravity seep, but you're pretty damn sure you're not running several miles in the next few seconds.

I'll guess that shooting the thing with high explosives would not have been enough to distract it from Lukas, but look at my fleeing action again. Also, mind putting a link to the map?))

On my way, Miyamoto.

If it would be faster, use rocketpack to get to Miyamoto/Lukas, otherwise get to the shuttle.
Oops. Welp.

You get into the shuttle.

"Try not to get shot down before we can get anywhere. Again."

patch up moruls suit and his ribs if necessary, once complete grab him and forcibly throw him outta the infirmary.

Also make up another robo body, just in case being deep fried in a sea of molten iron is hazardous to ones health.

((I believe i have translated the perplexicon cover.
"null is the avatar of the other, the sealers are mad."
That or "the sealers are mad null is the avatar of the other."

I dont really know where to start reading it from.))
Morul, now fully awake, pulls off his helmet and begins running around the infirmary, flailing like crazy. His eyes appear to have been brunt out of his skull. Oh dear.

You tackle him and attempt to get him out of the infirmary but he's surprisingly strong for a crazy blind man. You end up tangled in a pile on the floor, you trying to restrain him and him trying to wreck everything in arm's length.

Finish mapping the top layer of the zone, then see what's the zones next door hold. Stay on my guard, and rock-throw away, at least as long as it seems safe.

Well...Zone 10 is filed with big orange globs. Thats cool.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck! What the fuck is that thing?"

Check damage. Wait for rescue but try not to drown in the pool of molten iron.

You appear to be slightly melted. Mostly on the right side. It's gonna make things like walking or running or not looking sort of mushy rather difficult. Luckily it doesn't seem like its done any critical damage to your life support systems or anything like that. You will need a good mechanic though.

My girlfriend pointed out that this entire situation is getting surprisingly similar to something else...
((I've seen that gif around before is it from EVA? also what does your sisterGIRLFRIEND[I really should double check for fail more] think its becoming similar to?))
"FUCK FUCK FUCK FUUUUUUUUUUCK.....Oh hey those robotic overlords just took a bath"

Rescue robotic overlords if possible, if the crystal is too close (or interested) RUUUUN
Considering the massive burning gorge between you and them, probably best to just leave them be and get back home.

"Твою же ж мать..."

"Barrel of oil into a hive of flaming bees, huh. ALVIN, analyze sensor records. Compare estimated power output of Lukas's particle cannon to that of the anomaly's retaliation discharge. I want to know if it's only using the power that was fed into it."

As he says that, Anton focuses the base's sensors on the area where Miyamoto and Lukas were before the crystal fired, trying to pick up a trace of any transmissions at all.

"Твою же ж мать..."

>THE CRYSTAL'S DISCHARGE IS LARGER BY SEVERAL ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14732 on: June 19, 2013, 03:56:58 pm »

return to base. If needed, call for pickup.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14733 on: June 19, 2013, 04:01:40 pm »

((Woo, Lars is (close to) a marathon runner!  How's my time?))

Collapse into sweet merciful sleep.  Dream of the gods' divine will for me, and what they wish for me to do.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #14734 on: June 19, 2013, 04:04:29 pm »

... If this keeps up you might even end up in a body like Simus'...
(This double entendre needs to be preserved for all time.)

Take off, take the straightest and fastest route to Lukas and Miyamoto possible while still avoiding flying through anomalies.  Bring the shuttle to a hover as near to them as I can before heat becomes an issue.

(I should be able to get fairly close without getting roasted, since there's no air and thus little to no convection.)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 04:56:53 pm by Remalle »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14735 on: June 19, 2013, 04:23:21 pm »

"I CAN'T FUCKING SEE! WHERE AM I? WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!"

Scream for a proper medic, or at least one with painkillers. Try and remember what I saw when I looked at the crystal.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14736 on: June 19, 2013, 04:31:27 pm »

... If this keeps up you might even end up in a body like Simus'...
(This double entendre needs to be preserved for all time.)
((I have to admit, despite the embarrassment (or because of it), the whole deal was pretty funny. Especially that part.))

"Hey, chill out Mirurkezin." began Flint jokingly. "You act like you- whoa!" exlaimed Flint when he noticed his eyes. "Holy crap, what happened to your face? Don't worry buddy, we'll help you."

@Mesk:"Doc, I think there's something wrong with Migrurkeshin. He needs a pair of new eyes. And a shrink. Probably."

"Sshhh... It's OK, relax. Relax."
Help restrain the crazy guy. Use my awesome charisma to calm him. Generally help with the crazy guy. And maybe try to prevent obvious medical malpractice.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 04:55:07 pm by Parisbre56 »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14737 on: June 19, 2013, 04:39:09 pm »

utilize my "medical expertise" to "sedate" Morul, once he has been sufficiently dosed with painkillers or fists and is no longer thrashing around remove his suit and strap him to the bed again.

Afterwards go find some robo eyes and sterilize my surgical tools before scooping out his melty eye goop and attaching his soulproof ocular appendages.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 08:13:36 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #14738 on: June 19, 2013, 04:55:53 pm »

"Hmmm burning  gorge of fire...no"
Jaunt happily back home whistling a merry tune
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14739 on: June 19, 2013, 08:32:30 pm »

"Hmmm burning  gorge of fire...no"
Jaunt happily back home whistling a merry tune

((Ring of fire, perhaps?))

Come on, let's go before it's too late to extract them.

Await arrival.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14740 on: June 19, 2013, 09:16:06 pm »

((So, what exactly happened on this mission? I've been reading along but I can't really tell.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14741 on: June 19, 2013, 09:21:57 pm »

((In three words, we Dug Too Deep.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14742 on: June 19, 2013, 10:36:13 pm »

((Or rather, the Deep came to us and we flipped out. It promptly curb stomped us afterwards.))

Go restrain the crazy dude with my MKIII strength, then prepare the wagon for a scavenging run on the crashed shuttle.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14743 on: June 19, 2013, 10:47:21 pm »

((Thearpox decided that it would be a good idea to stick his cylinder into a lake of unidentified viscous fluid capable of self locomotion, the lake disagreed with that conclusion.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14744 on: June 19, 2013, 11:04:29 pm »

((So is there a sentient force out to kill you? Or just the planet?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 981 982 [983] 984 985 ... 1256