Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 979 980 [981] 982 983 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940186 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Screwed and Mutinous
« Reply #14700 on: June 18, 2013, 01:57:04 pm »

"Gentlemen: Holy. Shit. Maybe attacking that thing is not the best idea... At any rate, the shuttle is now fixed and properly working, so we can fly it around again."

Put everything back in the garage and then head to the map room to update our map data. Keep listening over the radio.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14701 on: June 18, 2013, 02:04:39 pm »

Continue jogging, but in the direction of the base.  Got to get home sometime.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14702 on: June 18, 2013, 02:11:46 pm »

'FUCK SHIT FUCKTHATCRYSTAAAAL.
Calm down man, get it together. You're not dead just yet.

Mesk, get over here with that shuttle, we're stuck in the molten iron and probably can't get out on our own. Bring heat-proof rope or chains or something, have it attached under the shuttle.
Bishop or Simus, you get on that shuttle too, we might need help to get out, I think my sensor's fried.

Okay everybody, I'm officially out of ideas that don't involve hiding or running. We gave that thing our best shot and it shrugged it of and dished it back tenfold.'

Damage report! check what works, what is broken, try to get view of surroundings. Check fuel level.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14703 on: June 18, 2013, 02:11:47 pm »

((Oh crap, I'm going to have to pass will checks every time I'm near the kitchen or brother Lars now, aren't I?))

((I'm very curious to see how that crystal gets its energy. I hope the scientists back on the sword can give us an answer if we survive long enough to get that sample back. Which reminds me...))

Flint woke up and inspected his new legs. Oh well. Flesh is overrated anyway. With these things, I'll never get tired of walking again.
I was lucky too. If that thing had aimed a bit higher I would have lost some important parts. Although I'm sure I could get replacement roboparts. Maybe something self lubricating... Wait, why did I think of that?

"Thanks doc. You did a very good job. I think you're a stellar doctor and everybody should follow your example." As he made to leave, he looked back with worry. "You sure you've done everything right, right? These won't pop off after 10 miles? You haven't forgotten anything inside me?"

Stop dreaming. Thoroughly purge my conscious mind from all those dreams. Inspect self and robolegs, make sure there's nothing missing or extra.
If I can control the temperature to the isolation room and I can get it below freezer temperature, set the temperature to as low as possible and put the goo container in there. If not, just put it in the freezer.

((@Radio Controlled: Think about it like this: We're paid to gather data. How hard it can kick our asses is data. So really, you should congratulate yourself for a job well done and ask Steve to compensate you for recording those "Crystal Battle Footage".))
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 02:23:22 pm by Parisbre56 »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14704 on: June 18, 2013, 02:31:41 pm »

"What about kinetic weapons like gauss? Or using something as a ramming weapon or something."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #14705 on: June 18, 2013, 02:38:01 pm »

"Alright Auron, you're on your own now.  I recommend kicking this patient until he wakes up, like so:"
Give Morul a swift kick to the ribs.
"And now I'm off to rescue a giant robot and a guy inside a giant robot costume."
Head to the garage, give the shuttle a once-over, and climb inside to begin pre-flight checks.
"Hey Bishop, thanks for the repair job.  Think she'll survive high temperatures for long enough?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14706 on: June 18, 2013, 02:42:54 pm »

"...I take back everything I said." said Flint as he walked away from the infirmary, even more worried and horrified than before.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14707 on: June 18, 2013, 02:58:22 pm »

((Me?  I'm not the full robot body.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14708 on: June 18, 2013, 03:15:06 pm »

Three questions for you:
A. What is your forum name and avatar?
B. What is Mesk trying to make me fuck?
C. Who posted this message, has a magma horse for an avatar and makes terrible and stupid jokes?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14709 on: June 18, 2013, 03:26:26 pm »

((
then fly! Try to get behind the base gravity seep relative to the crystal.

I'll save you the grenade. You make a mad dash for the gravity seep, but you're pretty damn sure you're not running several miles in the next few seconds.

I'll guess that shooting the thing with high explosives would not have been enough to distract it from Lukas, but look at my fleeing action again. Also, mind putting a link to the map?))

On my way, Miyamoto.

If it would be faster, use rocketpack to get to Miyamoto/Lukas, otherwise get to the shuttle.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 03:29:29 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14710 on: June 18, 2013, 03:30:05 pm »

((GOD DAMMIT MESK, I SAID I WAS SORRY.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14711 on: June 18, 2013, 04:06:38 pm »

Three questions for you:
A. What is your forum name and avatar?
B. What is Mesk trying to make me fuck?
C. Who posted this message, has a magma horse for an avatar and makes terrible and stupid jokes?

((Gotcha- didn't make the link between character and player.  Also, toast-meow.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14712 on: June 18, 2013, 04:41:06 pm »

patch up moruls suit and his ribs if necessary, once complete grab him and forcibly throw him outta the infirmary.

Also make up another robo body, just in case being deep fried in a sea of molten iron is hazardous to ones health.

((I believe i have translated the perplexicon cover.
"null is the avatar of the other, the sealers are mad."
That or "the sealers are mad null is the avatar of the other."

I dont really know where to start reading it from.))
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 02:11:22 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14713 on: June 18, 2013, 10:32:15 pm »

Bishop shrugged, before remembering that he was talking over the radio and no one could see it.

"Not sure. She's back to full working order, but I'm not really sure if she can take temperatures of that magnitude for long. I recommend keeping a nice distance from the iron if possible. I'll be with you in a sec, I just have to update the map data. Let me know how she handles, incase I have to make some touch ups."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14714 on: June 19, 2013, 01:07:17 am »

Finish mapping the top layer of the zone, then see what's the zones next door hold. Stay on my guard, and rock-throw away, at least as long as it seems safe.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 979 980 [981] 982 983 ... 1256