Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 982 983 [984] 985 986 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940252 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Screwed and Mutinous
« Reply #14745 on: June 19, 2013, 11:24:19 pm »

((So is there a sentient force out to kill you? Or just the planet?))
(Who knows if there's even a difference?)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14746 on: June 19, 2013, 11:44:32 pm »

((I think the whole situation can be aptly described as "Genius Loci versus Local Idiots" :P))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #14747 on: June 20, 2013, 02:27:27 am »

"Well, that sucks. How are you doing Miyamoto? Can you move?"

Try moving (only a little bit) to find out whether it would be possible to get out of the molten iron. Call for shuttle.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14748 on: June 20, 2013, 02:04:35 pm »

"Figures. Trust the Deathtrap to toss an energy-amplifying crystal at us."

Anton turned up the comms, broadcasting to all team members.

"This is Anton Chernozorov, to all HMRC members. I am monitoring the situation through the base's sensors. In case the recent tour de force was not a sufficient demonstration, please listen to this. Do Not Attack The Crystal. Under any circumstances, including self-defense. Doing so will not result in anything except an empowered retaliation from the crystal. Until a plan is developed and the crystal's capabilities are established in a more controlled manner, I suggest it be left alone."

Anton closes the comms and spreads the sensor coverage of the base outward again, looking for possible signs of synergy from nearby areas.

Monitor the crystal, what is it doing and what is its energy level. Provide guidance to Mesk and XO Simus if they can't locate Lukas and/or Gilgamesh on their own. Examine any nearby anomalies within reach of the sensors, see if the power thrown around by the crystal has affected any of them at all.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14749 on: June 20, 2013, 06:36:40 pm »

return to base. If needed, call for pickup.
You return to base. It sure is easy to do things when you're not half melted or all dead.

((Woo, Lars is (close to) a marathon runner!  How's my time?))

Collapse into sweet merciful sleep.  Dream of the gods' divine will for me, and what they wish for me to do.
You fall asleep and dream of strange things. You're pretty sure Algis is telling you to Kill someone for the good of the group. Or maybe to eat peaches to bring good portents? These fever dreams are a bit confusing.

... If this keeps up you might even end up in a body like Simus'...
(This double entendre needs to be preserved for all time.)

Take off, take the straightest and fastest route to Lukas and Miyamoto possible while still avoiding flying through anomalies.  Bring the shuttle to a hover as near to them as I can before heat becomes an issue.

(I should be able to get fairly close without getting roasted, since there's no air and thus little to no convection.)
You fly over to the particular pit where Miyamoto and Lukas are submerged. Miyamoto is halfway out, laying on his side on the bank of the molten lake. You bring the ship down into a hover just overhead.

"Now loading and unloading, all persons not wishing to be submerged in molten iron, please board the shuttle."

"I CAN'T FUCKING SEE! WHERE AM I? WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!"

Scream for a proper medic, or at least one with painkillers. Try and remember what I saw when I looked at the crystal.
You scream for help but you can't remember the crystal. In fact, you can't remember anything. As far as you know, you've just opened a capsule back on the ship and put on a strange pair of glasses. And now this is happening. In addendum, AHHHHHH WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON WHERE ARE MY EYES AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!?

... If this keeps up you might even end up in a body like Simus'...
(This double entendre needs to be preserved for all time.)
((I have to admit, despite the embarrassment (or because of it), the whole deal was pretty funny. Especially that part.))

"Hey, chill out Mirurkezin." began Flint jokingly. "You act like you- whoa!" exlaimed Flint when he noticed his eyes. "Holy crap, what happened to your face? Don't worry buddy, we'll help you."

@Mesk:"Doc, I think there's something wrong with Migrurkeshin. He needs a pair of new eyes. And a shrink. Probably."

"Sshhh... It's OK, relax. Relax."
Help restrain the crazy guy. Use my awesome charisma to calm him. Generally help with the crazy guy. And maybe try to prevent obvious medical malpractice.
[char:3]
Your iffy personality doesn't seem to effect the man one way or another. So you just tackle him and help the other guy pin him.

utilize my "medical expertise" to "sedate" Morul, once he has been sufficiently dosed with painkillers or fists and is no longer thrashing around remove his suit and strap him to the bed again.

Afterwards go find some robo eyes and sterilize my surgical tools before scooping out his melty eye goop and attaching his soulproof ocular appendages.

[med:1+1]
You forget how pills work. No, not which pills to use, you literally forget how pills function. You spend several seconds trying to mash them against his elbow before he kicks you in the stomach. You manage to get hold of his feet while Flint grabs his arms, but he's thrashing like a fish and generally making life difficult.

"Hmmm burning  gorge of fire...no"
Jaunt happily back home whistling a merry tune
Whistle whistle, not on fire, whistle whistle, not dead. It's a good day for you.

You get home without an issue.

"Hmmm burning  gorge of fire...no"
Jaunt happily back home whistling a merry tune

((Ring of fire, perhaps?))

Come on, let's go before it's too late to extract them.

Await arrival.
You stick your head out of the shuttle's open door as mesk brings it in low over the stranded robo-lords.

"Simus, action stewardess, is on the job."

"Shut up, mesk."

((Or rather, the Deep came to us and we flipped out. It promptly curb stomped us afterwards.))

Go restrain the crazy dude with my MKIII strength, then prepare the wagon for a scavenging run on the crashed shuttle.

You calmly walk over to Morul and put him in a exosuit aided headlock.

"Anyone want to sedate him or...Something? I dunno. I mean, I could just squeeze until he gets more cooperative."

"Well, that sucks. How are you doing Miyamoto? Can you move?"

Try moving (only a little bit) to find out whether it would be possible to get out of the molten iron. Call for shuttle.
You can move, though it's difficult, like being under a wet blanket. You think you might be able to get out but you're pretty damn disoriented as to where you are under the molten iron. Theres nothing to see here but glowing orange molten crap with no real way to tell up or down.

"Help, Help, I'm being terminated!"

"Figures. Trust the Deathtrap to toss an energy-amplifying crystal at us."

Anton turned up the comms, broadcasting to all team members.

"This is Anton Chernozorov, to all HMRC members. I am monitoring the situation through the base's sensors. In case the recent tour de force was not a sufficient demonstration, please listen to this. Do Not Attack The Crystal. Under any circumstances, including self-defense. Doing so will not result in anything except an empowered retaliation from the crystal. Until a plan is developed and the crystal's capabilities are established in a more controlled manner, I suggest it be left alone."

Anton closes the comms and spreads the sensor coverage of the base outward again, looking for possible signs of synergy from nearby areas.

Monitor the crystal, what is it doing and what is its energy level. Provide guidance to Mesk and XO Simus if they can't locate Lukas and/or Gilgamesh on their own. Examine any nearby anomalies within reach of the sensors, see if the power thrown around by the crystal has affected any of them at all.
The crystal is moving again, slowly wandering forward and producing more orange stuff. Oh good, nice to know all that had such a big effect on it. It isn't releasing any energy right now. Other anomalies are though, especially the radioactive zone and the electric fields. It doesn't seem like the passive power release of the crystal is effecting them though.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14750 on: June 20, 2013, 07:11:02 pm »

remember how pills work and apply medication, if my knowledge fails me again repeatedly punch him in the face until he passes out.

After rendering him unconscious through either method strap him to the table and install his new eyeballs.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14751 on: June 20, 2013, 08:01:21 pm »

((I really don't want to dig through the ship thread, but didn't he get one eye replaced already, when it quit working back on the ship?

JUST KIDDING it was easy to find searching on "blind"))

"Well, these damn goggles blinded my left eye, so yeah. Standard left eye please. I wonder how these goggles will work with artificial eyes?"

Replace the left eye.
You lay down on a bed and go under as they pump drugs into your system. You wake up feeling groggy and still blind in your left eye.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 08:03:25 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14752 on: June 20, 2013, 09:55:58 pm »

Keep holding the crazy guy still. If the dude applying medication fails to do so, roll my eyes and snark at his fail, just for kicks.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #14753 on: June 20, 2013, 10:46:45 pm »

try to use !!!SCIENCE!!! To figure out which way is up and try to go that way.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14754 on: June 20, 2013, 11:07:57 pm »

((All right, now how are we going to get Miyamoto hooked on to the shuttle if he doesn't have any control? Or, at least, how do we plan to get him entirely onto the shore so I can get out and hook him on?))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14755 on: June 20, 2013, 11:19:12 pm »

((Magnetic winch?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14756 on: June 20, 2013, 11:47:03 pm »

((Molten iron. You'll be lucky if you can magnetize a lugnut in there.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14757 on: June 21, 2013, 01:14:15 am »

((Besides, is that even how the attachment system works?))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #14758 on: June 21, 2013, 01:55:01 am »

(You're gonna hold on to the bottom of the shuttle, I'll fly low enough that you can grab Miyamoto, once you've got a good grip I'll fly you both out.  Then we do the same for Lukas.  What could possibly go wrong?)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14759 on: June 21, 2013, 02:00:19 am »

(You're gonna hold on to the bottom of the shuttle, I'll fly low enough that you can grab Miyamoto, once you've got a good grip I'll fly you both out.  Then we do the same for Lukas.  What could possibly go wrong?)

((Me falling out due to not being anchored and ending up melted in a sea of iron, next to Gilgamesh the Iron Tomb? Better idea: My personal rockets might be strong enough to (slowly) drag Miyamoto out, then we attempt to anchor him normally. Only thing is, that's a big might. As for Lukas... He's on his own, for now. Once he manages to surface, then we'll think of something.))
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 02:02:18 am by PyroDesu »
Pages: 1 ... 982 983 [984] 985 986 ... 1256