Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 972 973 [974] 975 976 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3938195 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Screwed and Mutinous
« Reply #14595 on: June 13, 2013, 05:01:32 pm »

"So, what do we do now?"

follow any orders miyamoto gives.

"Waiting for control input, commander humongous."

((Hey, you should always divide the skin of an unkilled bear. There's even a proverb that says that.

Also, I forgot to mention that I had gotten so used to roleplaying and us doing what we said we were doing, I've completely forgot how the system actually works. I'm talking about Anton's Conventional check when shooting Morul, and the resulting overshoot. Ah, reminds me of the early days when that happened every day.))

Okay, then. Let's take a look at that Emar-i guy. Or whatever his name was. Son of Algis.

Wake Zephyris up.

"Hey, the fun seems to have stopped. Surprisingly, nobody died."
"Emar-i: God of Medicine. Emar-i the fleshwalker, Emar-i the Seer."

The picture page holds the image of a man, dressed in what look like stylized and very ornate, almost monastic, scrubs, complete with face mask and rubber gloves. He has a third eye in the center of his forehead and is holding a scalpel. The symbol under the picture is a simple drawing of a pupilless eye.

"Emar-i is head and Progenitor of the medic pantheon, father of all it's members. He has domain over all flesh, knows the cause and cure of all sickness, and the treatment of all injuries. His symbol, placed upon the palm of a practitioner,grants that worshiper supernatural diagnostic prowess. When placed on the tools of a practitioner they will never fail, grow dull or malfunction, assuming the practitioner still holds the god's favor. May be placed on the patient as well, to safeguard their recovery.

Emar-i's favor is granted to those who practice medicine proficiently  and do not ineptly injure or kill their patients."

You kick your companion till she wakes up. Mesk style is your style.

Get out of the exosuit. Ask someone to take it and me back to base.

"I've got a sample of that orange goo. Anybody want to analyze it or should I keep it for the sword? And when are you going to bring my legs back?"

((And damn. My legs. Well, I guess it could had been worse.))
You get out of the exosuit- it's not gonna help you as it is now anyways- and ask someone to take it back to base. Probably A giant robot.

Wake up

"So they actually beat that crystal? The base is safe?"
You wake up to the flurry of kicks to your head and chest. It's like bandcamp all over again.

"OW! FUCK! THE HELL MAN! Now think! Where the hell would I run? Hrmm? What could I possibly gain by running? Hrmm? I'm not stupid you know."

Assess damage to suit, if any.
Smalls holes through both feet. Reverse stigmata, of sorts.

Sorry buddy but your legs are kicking cupids ass right now.
As for that exosuit, your probably need to have miyamoto carry it.

return paris to sickbay then download roboprosthesis instruction manual to pda and begin reading it while i take the goop sample to storage.

((Hey piecewise, if i were to strap moruls gauss rifle onto a remote controlled mechanical arm or something and bolt it to a mini-shuttle i could use aux rolls to operate it and ignore my conventional weapons penalty right?))
(You'd still be using con unless you have some sort of mechanical program for aiming that you can use to aim differently from if you were doing it manually)

You drag flint back to base and look around for a manual about rob-prostetics while storing the goo in the vault. You can't find anything.

If we're just going to keep standing around now, I'm off back to the lab. Might try to find out what that fluid is now we have a sample.

Back to the lab and perform the physical and chemical tests on the fluid.
You head back to the lab and snatch the container out of the vault moments after it was put in. You notice that the container is bowing out a bit, from  internal pressure it looks like.

Move towards the edge of the zone, and wait to see if I start to feel pain or discomfort. If so, leave the zone Also, what os the voice/noise saying?

"Well, I'm starting to hear the voice now."
You walk out of the zone the way you came in. The voice goes away. As per what it's saying, it's just sort of giggling at you.

Go to the lab and assist testing as needed.
Labward ho.

((First of all, sorry for not being more active and decisive the last couple of days. Exams have been wreaking their havoc with unusual fervor (1 day for philosophy? Really?). In fact, I should be studying right now instead of posting.

That being said, day before yesterday I had decided to just have us have a go at it, cause this has been slowing us down for far too long now. Multiple people can't do anything while this is still a threat, so we have to deal with it one way or another.

However, now that I could finally check in again I saw that several people are walking away to actually go do something, so here is what I propose: If both Prosperus and Pyrodesu, who carry the biggest arsenal right now, agree to change their action and to fire at it, we'll do that, if not I and 1 other person will just keep tracking it. Cause 'keep tracking' doesn't take a lot of time to post. We'd use that plan i posted earlier, or something else if anyone has a better attack plan.

So, I'm asking Prosperus and Pyro directly here: you guys up for this? If yes, change your action and we can find out if the bigger ones do indeed fall harder, if not you can all return to base to restock and such.

Again, sorry this has become such a clusterfuck. I take full responsibility for not being here now that we really need to take a decision and stick with it, but I hope you'll understand there are extenuating circumstances. ))

If they both agree to try this: help Lukas to dig in, and fly him away if starts shooting lasers again after shooting.

If not: keep tracking it.

Well, simus doesn't seem to be on for it, so...tracking I suppose.

((Well, by now with have pissed it off to the extent that it will probably want us all dead anyway, so let's go for it. ))

"Okay boss. Let's do this. I'll dig in at a good spot but be sure to get me out of there if the crystal decides to shoot me."

Dig in at a good spot with the help of Miyamoto and start charging particle cannon.
You join miyamoto but he isn't digging yet so you just sit around.

((I'm pretty sure everyone is outside the effective range of pea-shooters against that thing.  That said...))

Hearing the comm chatter, Lars saw an opportunity for his skills.  He ran over to where Lukas was.

"O Ingram, behold this majestic piece of hardware!  See the multitudinous weaponry that this scary giant robot holds!  Its very being is a testament to your greatness!  All praise Ingram, as we beseech your aid in bringing down that death crystal that has laid waste to us!"

Invoke blessings of Ingram.  Attempt to draw the Arrow of Ingram on the particle cannon as it charges.
Probably a bad idea, unless you like getting your arm melted, electrocuted and torn apart all at once.

"Ok, I've had enough of this thing. I'm heading back to oversee the repairs to the shuttle. Call me when you need me."

Head back to base, refuel my rockets, then check out the damaged shuttle for what I'm going to need to fix it.
Refueled and then back out to the damaged shuttle. Fixing it might be tricky because of unseen damage but what you're gonna need for the noticeable damage is pretty obvious and not very complex. Wires, metal plating, some spare fuel hose, that sort of stuff.

Anton watches over Morul, ready to administer more electric dissuasion should the man make another break for it.

"I don't need to think here, Mr.Deathwish, you are. True, perhaps you don't really have anywhere to go. But I dare say your approval rating is currently lower than your chances of survival in outer space. Now imagine please, what would happen should one of the more trigger-happy elements of our little expedition suddenly see you outside, alone and unsupervised, tinkering with the shuttle, or worse - simply running in an unspecified direction." Anton makes a pause, letting it sink in. "So if you would please try to behave yourself until your punishment detail is agreed on, perhaps you will remain lucky and have the only weapon used against you be the only one around here that can be used non-lethally... even if mostly in theory."

Hoping Morul would agree to his reasoning and remain calm for a while, Anton diverts his attention back to whatever is happening outside the base. Noticing that the situation with the crystal has changed, he brings up the radio channel to Miyamoto and Simus again.

"Chernozorov here. Commander, XO, I've got an update on Morul. I was in the process of moving him to the underground shelter, since I was going there myself, when he attempted... well not escape as such, but he is overeager to help us repair the shuttle. At about that time I found out that my weapon can be used non-lethally, and apparently those stings hurt. Situation seems under control for the moment, but I still have to stress the importance of repairing the shuttle, especially should these kinds of situations continue to crop up. I would very much like if someone could be sent here as security detail, so that Morul's scanning abilities could be safely used to supplement repairs. I can't keep an eye on him and repair things at the same time. I'm going to wait for your reply before taking action."

Anton turns back to Morul.

"Okay, I know I said I'll wait for their reply, but at the moment I don't think they'll have an option. Sooner or later you and me will be repairing that shuttle, so if you feel like helping, here's what we're going to do. We'll go to the Garage, and start preparing tools and parts to perform the repair. Don't go off on your own, and don't try anything else stupid, and we'll get this crap over with post haste. Got it? Let's go."

Help Morul check his suit for damage, then take him to the Garage. Make a preliminary list of tools and parts for the required repairs, based on the prior examination, and start collecting them. Keep Morul in sight at all times.

Morul's suit is indeed damaged. In such a way that will stop him from going outside until it's fixed. So you can either fix it and go out, leave it and stay in or leave it, go out, and then have a morul corpse to deal with.

On the map, assume the crystal moved forward one more space. I don't have time to edit the map right now.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14596 on: June 13, 2013, 05:19:52 pm »

((Assuming I saw the bulging container:))
"That thing must be absorbing energy. Better stick it in the freezer. Or the isolation room if it has climate control."

((I wonder if that thing is intelligent. Anybody want to start beaming the Fibonacci sequence at it and generally following standard (not HMRC standard though) first contact procedures? Flint currently hates that thing so he can't do or suggest something peaceful like that IC.))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #14597 on: June 13, 2013, 05:24:19 pm »

"I think we're relatively safe now, at least close enough that I can fly back down.  Anyone need a pickup?  Anyone hurt or dead?"

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14598 on: June 13, 2013, 05:40:12 pm »

practice attaching robolimbs by connecting the various pieces together to form a complete body, chances are we will need one pretty soon.

As for flints legs, ask mesk for pointers on how to competantly attach prosthetics before even considering surgery.

((Id really like to get a dynamic bonus somehow but i can just go right ahead with the surgery if you want.))
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 06:54:30 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14599 on: June 13, 2013, 05:44:43 pm »

"I think we're relatively safe now, at least close enough that I can fly back down.  Anyone need a pickup?  Anyone hurt or dead?"
"I'd appreciate it if someone got my suit back to base. It has lots of useful stuff on it and I think I can fix it with the right materials." *looks around in fear before whispering* "Also, I'd like a better doctor if possible. Please? I don't think that guy knows what he's doing. He's going around looking for some kind of manual. I'm not a broken VCR or toaster to require a manual to fix. And now he's trying to attach robolimbs together to form a body. I'm pretty sure I'm not that badly injured. Please? I'm scared."

((@Unholy_Pariah: I'm in no hurry but if you feel confident you can do it, go ahead. The above is just for fun.))
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 05:47:30 pm by Parisbre56 »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #14600 on: June 13, 2013, 06:06:29 pm »

"Yeah, I'll grab your gear.  I don't know where you'll find a better doctor, th- oh!  You meant me, didn't you?  Alright, I'll take care of it as soon as I get back to base."
Grab Flint's stuff.
"Auron, I recommend you not perform surgery until your balance has returned.  If nobody else needs a lift, I'm going to head straight back to the base now."

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14601 on: June 13, 2013, 07:25:47 pm »

You kick your companion till she wakes up. Mesk style is your style.
((That not what I meant... but I'll take it. It may even make more sense for my character than any other way.

And Flint, how exactly do you propose that first contact? It's not like it needs our food or jewelry.))

It is possible to determine the date Emar-i was drawn, or at least the age he's supposed to represent by his clothes and outfit?
In any case, put the pad away, time to do other stuff.

Quote from: To Bishop
I've got the MPV. If you want, I can start heading towards the shuttle right now. If yes, bring some fuel. This thing's out.

"You know Zephy, I was thinking about our predicament for some time now. It may be better for our long-term survival to keep the supplies scattered, so they don't get all destroyed if something happens to the main base.

And I think we should actually count just how much food we packed. Then we can offload the better portion of it, or even all of it here, and head to the broken shuttle. And then we can think what other spot to pick for storing food. I don't want to come to the base just yet, that creature is still alive and moving towards it.

And about countring the food, I'd appreciate the help. Your intuition, not to mention eyesight, he he he, is better than mine."

Estimate just how much food we took out of the base. No more than 40% because Vich wouldn't take anything close to majority.
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14602 on: June 13, 2013, 08:16:19 pm »

"Fuck man, I'll probably have trouble slapping patches on these holes, let alone fixing a shot up shuttle. I was just gonna point out what I shot so someone more competent at fixing things could do it."

Find some patches for my suit, and attempt to repair suit. Accept help from Anton if needed. Try not to get shot at again.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14603 on: June 13, 2013, 08:34:07 pm »

"Yes, well, that kind of 'I-know-better' attitude of yours was what got it damaged in the first place. Since we're out here as a team, I think the team would appreciate its members not going... what was that term? AWOL?"

Help Morul patch his suit, then re-proceed with the part-gathering.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14604 on: June 13, 2013, 08:41:35 pm »

"Okay, what do you do when a bug flies in your face? You swat at it. What do you think a shuttle looks like to that crystal? I think by shooting down that shuttle I may have saved my teammates lives. Of course they go anyway, but hey, I tried."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14605 on: June 13, 2013, 08:51:05 pm »

"We don't know what "would" have happened. Mesk is at least as good a pilot as he is a surgeon- Anton puts his metallic hands forward as proof -and from what I can hear of the comm chatter, the crystal doesn't appear hostile to anything that doesn't touch it. He certainly had more chance to evade its attack than he did yours.

Also, I potentially saved your life, by shooting holes in your feet just now. We won't know whether or not I did, but even if I did that wouldn't make it hurt any less, would it?
"

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14606 on: June 13, 2013, 08:55:02 pm »

"True, but I got over it, so how about you do too?"
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 09:13:20 pm by kisame12794 »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14607 on: June 13, 2013, 09:12:43 pm »

"Me? I'll be over it once you help me fix the damage you've caused. I suspect most of the others will be as well, though don't expect anyone to readily trust you for the nearest future. But to get there requires that neither you nor I are 'accidentally' shot while doing it. So, for a change of pace, we'll try to do it the way the team wants it. Which means waiting for permission.

Would be about time we got that permission, actually, it's not like they seem to be too occupied or anythin'.
"

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14608 on: June 13, 2013, 09:14:23 pm »

"Yeah. I mean, all they did was get shot at by a giant laser crystal."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14609 on: June 13, 2013, 09:19:06 pm »

"Just going to go around the zone, and going to see what's on the far side."

Go to the far side of the head-voice zone via the safest route. Cutting through parts of the head-voice zone is permissible.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 972 973 [974] 975 976 ... 1256