Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 971 972 [973] 974 975 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937630 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Screwed and Mutinous
« Reply #14580 on: June 12, 2013, 07:34:42 pm »

If we're just going to keep standing around now, I'm off back to the lab. Might try to find out what that fluid is now we have a sample.

Back to the lab and perform the physical and chemical tests on the fluid.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14581 on: June 12, 2013, 07:41:10 pm »

Move towards the edge of the zone, and wait to see if I start to feel pain or discomfort. If so, leave the zone Also, what os the voice/noise saying?

"Well, I'm starting to hear the voice now."
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 09:12:12 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14582 on: June 12, 2013, 08:49:22 pm »

"OW! FUCK! THE HELL MAN! Now think! Where the hell would I run? Hrmm? What could I possibly gain by running? Hrmm? I'm not stupid you know."
((Well, I wouldn't call disobeying the orders of an armed, possibly deranged (it's the HMRC after all) and definitely dangerous (again HMRC) man who's pointing his gun at you and yelling at you very smart.))
((Not my fault all the characters are impulsive.))
((Umm... I'm not sure what to say to that. Uh, first of all Anton wasn't what I would call "impulsive" under the circumstances.
Second, if you already know suspect that everyone is impulsive, it's your job to not give them any reason to fire at you. If you are cornered by the shooter in real life, would you follow his commands and hope he doesn't shoot you, or would you do whatever the hell you want and then blame his impulsivity when he shoots you? (That's assuming that you don't decide to fight, that's a whole another story). I feel like not giving him any reasons to shoot you is just common sense.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14583 on: June 12, 2013, 09:09:19 pm »

((I should really stop posting tired. Makes me regret stuff.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #14584 on: June 12, 2013, 11:00:14 pm »

Go to the lab and assist testing as needed.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14585 on: June 13, 2013, 01:36:16 am »

((Hey pyro, while were on base would you consider (carefully) yanking one of those infrared cameras out of the wall for me? Im sure miyamoto wouldnt mind so long as we dont break anything.
Also ive got a secret project or two in mind that could benefit from your expertise in handiwork if you are interested.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #14586 on: June 13, 2013, 03:04:34 am »

Keep walking back to base

See below for edited action
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 06:36:20 am by Prosperus »
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14587 on: June 13, 2013, 05:27:26 am »

((First of all, sorry for not being more active and decisive the last couple of days. Exams have been wreaking their havoc with unusual fervor (1 day for philosophy? Really?). In fact, I should be studying right now instead of posting.

That being said, day before yesterday I had decided to just have us have a go at it, cause this has been slowing us down for far too long now. Multiple people can't do anything while this is still a threat, so we have to deal with it one way or another.

However, now that I could finally check in again I saw that several people are walking away to actually go do something, so here is what I propose: If both Prosperus and Pyrodesu, who carry the biggest arsenal right now, agree to change their action and to fire at it, we'll do that, if not I and 1 other person will just keep tracking it. Cause 'keep tracking' doesn't take a lot of time to post. We'd use that plan i posted earlier, or something else if anyone has a better attack plan.

So, I'm asking Prosperus and Pyro directly here: you guys up for this? If yes, change your action and we can find out if the bigger ones do indeed fall harder, if not you can all return to base to restock and such.

Again, sorry this has become such a clusterfuck. I take full responsibility for not being here now that we really need to take a decision and stick with it, but I hope you'll understand there are extenuating circumstances. ))

If they both agree to try this: help Lukas to dig in, and fly him away if starts shooting lasers again after shooting.

If not: keep tracking it.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14588 on: June 13, 2013, 05:28:46 am »

((Simus really couldn't care less about the cameras and would rather let it alone.

Secret projects, however, depend on what you want done.

And RC: I'm in if Lukas is in.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14589 on: June 13, 2013, 05:50:50 am »

((Im not bothered by the infrared cameras either, i just want one for my helmet so i can chase critters around.
As for the secret projects i dont really need anything significant from simus, just a few odds and ends pulled apart or modified slightly in the name of science and exploration.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #14590 on: June 13, 2013, 06:35:42 am »

((Well, by now with have pissed it off to the extent that it will probably want us all dead anyway, so let's go for it. ))

"Okay boss. Let's do this. I'll dig in at a good spot but be sure to get me out of there if the crystal decides to shoot me."

Dig in at a good spot with the help of Miyamoto and start charging particle cannon.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14591 on: June 13, 2013, 08:11:10 am »

((May I just say that perhaps you should try shooting it with a Gauss rifle before shooting it with anything bigger, just to confirm that it can be damaged? For all we know it could just absorb the force of the blow and become stronger.

And the way I see it, we have three people with manipulators. If they agree, we could get them flying around it at different positions and start freezing it, starting from the legs and then continuing towards the top, making sure to freeze any laser limbs as a first priority. Then again that thing may be too large to freeze even with manipulators. Second plan I was thinking about is to freeze just half its legs and make it fall inside the gravity seep.))
Sorry buddy but your legs are kicking cupids ass right now.
As for that exosuit, your probably need to have miyamoto carry it.

"Oh well. They were old anyway. I was already thinking about getting some new ones. It's just that... I never got a chance to say goodbye. But don't worry. One day, I shall return to avenge my legs, even if I have to get back on this planet myself. That creature will rue the day it ate captain Westwood's legs. I shall never rest until I have my revenge! Nevar!"

@Simus:"Oh, and Simus, may I suggest just experimenting with a small amount of goo? No offense to your experimentation skills, but I just think we lack the necessary equipment to fully analyze that thing. Might be better to leave it to the Sword's scientists."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14592 on: June 13, 2013, 08:47:42 am »

((I'm pretty sure everyone is outside the effective range of pea-shooters against that thing.  That said...))

Hearing the comm chatter, Lars saw an opportunity for his skills.  He ran over to where Lukas was.

"O Ingram, behold this majestic piece of hardware!  See the multitudinous weaponry that this scary giant robot holds!  Its very being is a testament to your greatness!  All praise Ingram, as we beseech your aid in bringing down that death crystal that has laid waste to us!"

Invoke blessings of Ingram.  Attempt to draw the Arrow of Ingram on the particle cannon as it charges.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14593 on: June 13, 2013, 08:48:20 am »

"Ok, I've had enough of this thing. I'm heading back to oversee the repairs to the shuttle. Call me when you need me."

Head back to base, refuel my rockets, then check out the damaged shuttle for what I'm going to need to fix it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14594 on: June 13, 2013, 11:10:30 am »

Anton watches over Morul, ready to administer more electric dissuasion should the man make another break for it.

"I don't need to think here, Mr.Deathwish, you are. True, perhaps you don't really have anywhere to go. But I dare say your approval rating is currently lower than your chances of survival in outer space. Now imagine please, what would happen should one of the more trigger-happy elements of our little expedition suddenly see you outside, alone and unsupervised, tinkering with the shuttle, or worse - simply running in an unspecified direction." Anton makes a pause, letting it sink in. "So if you would please try to behave yourself until your punishment detail is agreed on, perhaps you will remain lucky and have the only weapon used against you be the only one around here that can be used non-lethally... even if mostly in theory."

Hoping Morul would agree to his reasoning and remain calm for a while, Anton diverts his attention back to whatever is happening outside the base. Noticing that the situation with the crystal has changed, he brings up the radio channel to Miyamoto and Simus again.

"Chernozorov here. Commander, XO, I've got an update on Morul. I was in the process of moving him to the underground shelter, since I was going there myself, when he attempted... well not escape as such, but he is overeager to help us repair the shuttle. At about that time I found out that my weapon can be used non-lethally, and apparently those stings hurt. Situation seems under control for the moment, but I still have to stress the importance of repairing the shuttle, especially should these kinds of situations continue to crop up. I would very much like if someone could be sent here as security detail, so that Morul's scanning abilities could be safely used to supplement repairs. I can't keep an eye on him and repair things at the same time. I'm going to wait for your reply before taking action."

Anton turns back to Morul.

"Okay, I know I said I'll wait for their reply, but at the moment I don't think they'll have an option. Sooner or later you and me will be repairing that shuttle, so if you feel like helping, here's what we're going to do. We'll go to the Garage, and start preparing tools and parts to perform the repair. Don't go off on your own, and don't try anything else stupid, and we'll get this crap over with post haste. Got it? Let's go."

Help Morul check his suit for damage, then take him to the Garage. Make a preliminary list of tools and parts for the required repairs, based on the prior examination, and start collecting them. Keep Morul in sight at all times.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 971 972 [973] 974 975 ... 1256