Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 941 942 [943] 944 945 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939800 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: What?
« Reply #14130 on: May 25, 2013, 10:10:35 pm »

(I'm fine with "Mesk's Bucket", but I might officially name it in-character at some point in the future.  For now I like to imagine that everybody calls the shuttle "Mesk's Bucket" behind my character's back.)

"And... and who might that perfect match be, Brother Lars?"

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14131 on: May 25, 2013, 10:23:41 pm »

"I have no intention of catching up with that thing. I'm just providing a means to explore that zone safely. Oh, and before you head there in the cages, you should all know that they block radio signals as well, and the cages might get a bit heavy after carrying them for awhile so take someone like Lukas or one of the other robots with you."
"Don't you think not exploring it would go contrary to our goals of having as much information as possible? All the sampling we do doesn't compare to the footage of this thing doing... something. I feel like we're just letting something major get away. Probably fat with tokens, might I add.

And if it's going to react in any way with the zone, wouldn't we want to know about that before we get in? Just suppose that as it touches the zone, it releases something other then electricity iside. Something the cages won't protect against. Or if it turns into a component of the zone. Then we might just want to know it's position so we don't awaken it again."
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14132 on: May 26, 2013, 05:10:01 am »

"Go ahead and follow it then. I've got work to do. Take another person or two with you if you do, just in case."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14133 on: May 26, 2013, 08:55:20 am »

((I'm just assuming that Piecewise hasn't updated because Flint has just pulled something very stupid and he's waiting for the rest of the team.

Also, I believe the question isn't "Who should Mesk marry?" but "Who should be married to the fridge?". And the shuttle's name sounds just fine to me, even if it's not spectacular.))
((Hey, I've done far stupider things and piecewise didn't stop then. And piecewise did provide you with a warning about what was going to happen:
((Seems like I picked a good time to disappear. Huh. Also, with Flint leaving, now someone else needs to be be the guy poking at the alien stuff))

Team blue.

Check for atmosphere.
Are the rods the same ones as in the teleportation sector? How far away is the closest one?
Is the liquid active, and does it have any creatures active in it?
Throw rocks at in the lake. What is the viscosity of the liquid, and does it respond in any way?
If the lake is not active or alive, collect a sample of the liquid. Pour some of it on the frying pan. Does it react in any way?

Atmosphere is, as with bishop, strangely livable.
The rods are not the same. They're significantly larger. As in 6 to 10 feet in diameter larger.
It does not have any visible creatures in it and it's only active in that it's gently rolling with tiny waves or ripples. ((Even though there was NO wind.))
You can deduce the viscosity from the waves just as well as if you threw stones in, so you decide not to throw stones. It looks to be about as thick as water, maybe a tiny bit thicker.
I'll let you choose if it qualifies as alive or active next turn.
I noticed that but said nothing at the time because a. that would be meta and b. I really wanted to see what was going to happen.

And nobody gets married to the fridge before asking Flint for its handle in marriage first. He's the one responsible for it after all. He's old fashioned like that. Except if they somehow manage to elope with a fridge.))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14134 on: May 26, 2013, 09:08:36 am »

((I'm not saying stop them. I'm saying provide every group member with a chance to react. But that doesn't seem to be the case anyway.

I kind of noticed that, but there was that question of what should I do about it. Just leaving it alone wasn't really an answer, and the gently rolling waves could have been anything. I'm also roleplaying, and Vich isn't taking this that seriously for several reasons. By the way, I don't think there's actually a way to determine viscosity just by looking at it. But you know, nothing beats eating alien chestnuts.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14135 on: May 26, 2013, 02:25:52 pm »

"And... and who might that perfect match be, Brother Lars?"

"Why, I believe the refrigerator is just your type!  Though I do understand your attraction to your shuttle...  Follow where your heart leads, and I will be ready to perform the ceremony!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14136 on: May 26, 2013, 04:31:12 pm »

"Well, I think Vich has a point. We should observe it. From a safe distance of course."

Help with taking samples. Follow Vich unless we decide not to follow the crystalthing.
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14137 on: May 26, 2013, 05:05:31 pm »

"Well, I think Vich has a point. We should observe it. From a safe distance of course."

Help with taking samples. Follow Vich unless we decide not to follow the crystalthing.
((We're heading home first, I'm not following this thing on foot. And then if the shuttles are insulated, I'm (and you?) taking one to follow it. I also have an ulterior motive for going back to the base, to meet up with Jack (Tavik Toth) to talk strategy, and my character is too paranoid to even trust the wrist-pads. If I wasn't busy with the Collosus, I've would've also probably recruited somebody else, he he he. I like to have people working for me.))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14138 on: May 26, 2013, 05:07:24 pm »

((Indeed. Plotting is fun.))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #14139 on: May 26, 2013, 05:38:38 pm »

"I... I... um, are you sure you're feeling quite alright, Brother Lars?  Has the medication been... affecting your mind?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14140 on: May 26, 2013, 07:59:28 pm »

"Well, the world is still spinning a bit!  So which are you feeling?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #14141 on: May 26, 2013, 08:33:50 pm »

"Worrisome.  Perhaps you should... lie down for a while."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14142 on: May 26, 2013, 10:36:13 pm »

((I think they are the perfect match for each other. :P))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14143 on: May 26, 2013, 10:39:21 pm »

((I now ship Mesk x Refrigerator. Not really, but the idea is hilarious. I can just imagine the ceremony.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14144 on: May 26, 2013, 10:53:02 pm »

((MESKERATOR OTP))
Pages: 1 ... 941 942 [943] 944 945 ... 1256