Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 943 944 [945] 946 947 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3938462 times)

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: What?
« Reply #14160 on: May 27, 2013, 04:54:18 pm »

"Me? No, thanks. I honestly wouldn't trust myself with a shuttle. Having you go with us would be great.
Are you sure you are free to go? I was just thinking that you had to be stationed here in case of something. But if you can, then problem solved."

Quote from: To Zephyris
Seems that Mesk has agreed to pilot. Are you with me? If yes, come over and we'll board the mini-shuttle.
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14161 on: May 27, 2013, 05:11:58 pm »

((Thanks. Will call you that.))

Coming into the base, Vich was pondering over to do now. The giant creature he awakened was a promising new development, and just got leave to explore it on his own. Might also be a possibility to advance in the ranks, come to look at it. Unless he screws it up, of course. Not screwing things up was more important considering he was planning to take a shuttle with him. But first, to check on an already underway project. Cameras.

He quickly walked over to where Jack was working on dismantling the infrared cameras sitting in the walls.
"Good work. I knew our overseers weren't stupid. Infrared cameras you say? Classic.
Now just to find those in the ceiling and the backup ones, and I think we're set to go.

But I were you, I'd wait before tearing them out. Because we'd better have an answer when Miyamoto asks why started tearing things out of the walls without even informing him. For now, let's figure out where those wires lead."

I'm assuming the cameras are attacked to the wires, right? Easily pluggable, or actually need to be torn out? Big or small?
Can I without doing technical work see where they lead?

"First of all, seeing where it ends up would let us know where this information is stored. At least I hope it will.
And it may let us know if Alvin receiving any of this. And it will also let us more easily take them out without damaging anything.

Then after you do that you should check the ceiling, while I try to get Miyamoto's permission to take the cameras out. I honestly hoped I wouldn't have to reveal that we're working together so early, but then talking to people is my job.
Huh, but if you were to talk to him I could give a couple tips. It would certainly allow us to keep our relationship a secret. Your choice."
((Sorry for covering so many things in that space. I think I'll put that conversation in quantum space so you have to reply and I am able to do other things.))

That done, Vich headed to find Mesk.
"Mesk Vraite? I'm Vich of blue team, if you don't know me already. We have awakened some gigantic monstrosity which is moving towards the electric fields, and I thinking of using an electrically insulated vehicle, like a mini-shuttle, to follow it. I have permission from Bishop for this endeavor. Well first of all, I came to inform you that I am planning to take a mini-shuttle out. But I am also wondering if we have any back-up pilots that could pilot us, since I don't know how to pilot a mini-shuttle." (After receiving the answer that we don't have a back-up pilot.) "Wait, we don't have a back-up pilot? That means if something happens to you... Would you be willing to... Or should I ask you to train somebody else to pilot one of these things?"
When Vich mentions talking to miyamoto Jack looks up at him.
"Want to both talk to him?

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14162 on: May 27, 2013, 05:47:29 pm »

"Why? The point is to avoid revealing that we're working together, not because I'm shy."

((My character doesn't know this, but remember when Anton was investigating the previous team and didn't find any recording of what happened while the previous team was inside the base? Those cameras might hold the answers, even if we already have a pretty good idea of what happened.))
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 05:57:26 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14163 on: May 27, 2013, 05:49:11 pm »

"Very we'll."

Jack then speaks onto the radios privately to miyamoto: "Boss, I've found hidden infa red cameras in the walls. Do I have permission to take them out?"
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 05:51:23 pm by Tavik Toth »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14164 on: May 27, 2013, 08:31:54 pm »

((Hey guys, I'm on vacation and my ability to post here is somewhat spotty, so I'm not going to be as active as normal.

Also, Simus could be a good idea as a back-up pilot, if I recall, she doesn't have a bonus to AUX, but she also doesn't have a penalty. Just saying, in case we need one, I'm willing.)

Log all the data from the dissection and "food" and "waste" experiments, noting in the "food" log that it may be thermophilic bacteria embedded in the rock that they're eating. Then, get out a plate of the outer shell, note how thick it is, take it outside, and fire a 10-second laser pulse from my modified laser rifle at it.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 08:38:24 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14165 on: May 28, 2013, 06:07:35 am »

Lukas Red Team
"I'm not sure if that is possible for me to do. Basically these drones act on their own initiative and, as I understand from the doc's explanation, they simply attack anything that poses a threat to me. I can always try, but as soon as I activate them you and the others have to make sure that you don't actually harm me. I'm not sure whether I can stop them if they attack you."

'Really? Wow, that's inconvenient. Maybe you should ask the doc to install little cameras onto them, they'd be great for scouting out hostiles.'

"Very we'll."

Jack then speaks onto the radios privately to miyamoto: "Boss, I've found hidden infa red cameras in the walls. Do I have permission to take them out?"

Radio back: 'Wait, what? Hidden cameras? In the walls? What the hell?
Did you just decide to break open the walls to look for hidden spy cameras? Just like that, without consulting anybody? Was this your idea? Can't call it paranoia now that you're right, but still...

Anyway, No, you should not rip them out yet. I can't really judge when I can't see what you're talking about, but for all we know Alvin is wired to shock us unconscious when one is destroyed. Or whatever it stored will be erased or something. You should tell Simus, and then get Bishop's help to learn more about them before you touch them. And ask Alvin about it, maybe we're being paranoid for nothing.'

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14166 on: May 28, 2013, 07:15:53 am »

Quote from: To Vich
Sure. Just let me refill my supplies.

Refill my supplies, then head over to Vich
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14167 on: May 28, 2013, 07:56:53 am »

((Ooops, that's an understandable reaction. I think I said you should probably inform Miyamoto before opening the walls, but well, better late then never.
In any case, try... actually you know what? I'm not going to give any advice OOC. That's meta. Looking forward to what happens next.))

To Mesk: "Zephyris is coming. I think we're ready."

Action Edited.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #14168 on: May 28, 2013, 12:25:16 pm »

(Somebody just point me where I need to go because I haven't been paying a terrible amount of attention.)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14169 on: May 28, 2013, 12:30:12 pm »

((Sector 15, close to the sector 14 boarder, although I think that if you just say "Follow the colossal crystalline walking tower" you'll be good.))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14170 on: May 28, 2013, 12:45:30 pm »

Quote from: Jack Hansan to Vich
Hey Vich, Miyamoto told me to tell simus about it then get bishops help learn more about them. And ask Alvin. What do we do?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 01:14:23 pm by Tavik Toth »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #14171 on: May 28, 2013, 01:00:36 pm »

(very well)

Load up the shuttle and follow the colossal crystalline walking tower!

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14172 on: May 28, 2013, 01:28:42 pm »

Quote from: Jack Hansan to Vich
Hey Vich, Miyamoto told me to tell simus about it then get bishops help learn more about them. And ask Alvin. What do we do?

Quote from: Vich To Jack Hansan
Then tell Simus about it and get Bishop's help. I think he's busy building Faraday cages, but that's his problem.

Alvin... I wouldn't go farther than asking him there are any inside recording devices inside the base. He will probably say "no". And maybe ask him if the base is in order, to which he'll say that several wall panels are taken off and damaged. Don't tell that bugger that we've discovered anything. Something is telling me he's either not aware of the cameras, or he's hiding something from us. Either way, asking him is pointless, but I want him involved as little as possible.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14173 on: May 28, 2013, 01:49:41 pm »

Quote from: Jack Hansan
Rodger.

find bishop to help learn more about cameras in the walls after informing samus the cameras.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 01:52:21 pm by Tavik Toth »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14174 on: May 28, 2013, 02:33:16 pm »

After being informed of the cameras in the walls:

So? It's an HMRC base, of course there's going to be monitoring that we're not supposed to know about. Probably a safeguard for if a team disables the normal base cameras that let the AI monitor the base and convicts. We're -mostly- criminals, why wouldn't they put in something like that?

In other words, I don't really care, so long as they don't interfere with what I'm doing. If you really want to get rid of them, go ahead, but if the AI has control over our implants, I would expect a painful shock if you try.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 943 944 [945] 946 947 ... 1256