Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 904 905 [906] 907 908 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941043 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Hat Potato
« Reply #13575 on: April 16, 2013, 11:13:12 am »

Flint Westwood - Blue squad - In the freezer

Hmph... Steve wasn't joking when he said that thing is inferior to him.

MESSAGE TO ALVIN:
Quote from: Flint Westwood to ALVIN
Please clarify. If there is a problem with the base, where is it located?

Can you please tell me more about how this base was constructed?
Specifically, was it build by Paracelsus’ Sword or another ship?
Was it built by the previous team?
Was this location for the base chosen for a reason?

Do you know why we're only mapping those 49 sectors?
Has the rest of the planetoid been explored?
What lies beyond our assigned sectors?

Do you know why there is no danger of collision?
After asking those questions the AI probably won't be able to answer, go to the garage and search for something long and hard that can be used as a spear. Stuff as many drones, food, drink and sample containers in my exosuit's bag as possible (put drones and food inside the sample containers, if possible, to save space).

MESSAGE TO BLUE SQUAD:
Quote from: Flint Westwood to Zeph, Vich, Bishop
Are we going with the shuttle or are we going to take the MPV? I personally vote for the MPV.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 11:23:52 am by Parisbre56 »

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Missile 9: Hot Potato
« Reply #13576 on: April 16, 2013, 11:23:20 am »

Jack shrugs."Meh, nowhere near as bad as the jails on earth back in the 2070s. Also not that bothered by the spinal implant, the UWM though..."
"And what about the UWM? (listen to the answer)

"The reason I am asking about our spinal implants, is that I don't like the way they can be abused. I don't know if you were on the last mission, but from what I understood, the the Civic Defenders used spinal implants several times to stop exploration, force us down a very certain path, and have generally been very secretive about what they were doing. If they had decided to suddenly turn on everyone in HMRC, we wouldn't be able to do much of anything. And from what I understand about the mind control there, that was not in the realm of impossibility.

If they didn't have control of the spinal implants, they'd have to treat us as equals for once. They'd give us more information about the place that could have helped us with the mission, and there wouldn't be this ridiculous situation with only receiving the maps of the next floor after moving to the elevator. And they'd behave a little more courteously. What do you think?"

Vich had just finished speaking when he received a message from Flint. Goddamn it. Frigging technology, not a quite moment in life. "Sorry about that, just a moment."
Quote from: To Flint, Zephyris, Bishop
I vote for doing what Team Leader decides.
"Alright, please do continue."
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 11:55:57 am by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13577 on: April 16, 2013, 12:11:05 pm »

To Miyamoto: Not synthflesh, just synthetic. Although I do wonder if I'll fit in with this fairly spikey Phase Suit on... At least that can be remedied. If I have to take that off, can I trust you to keep it safe? It's... valuable. Indeed, it's the reason I got through the entirety of my last mission unscathed. So please don't let anyone else even near it, after all, we didn't get in here by being the most honest people around, eh?

Right back: "Yeah, Full synthetic is what I meant. Slip of the tongue. Anyway, if you need that thing safely put away, just drop by and I'll leave it in my private quarters, nobody can get in there. Well, they probably could if they really wanted, but lets just assume they won't."

Brother Lars nodded to Miyamoto.  "I accept your orders, glorious leader.  Since we are just walking instead of using the shuttles to explore, shall both our teams just be brought there in the big shuttle instead of leaving our mini-shuttles there?"

Message back: "I'll probably ask Mesk to fly you guys there in the big one, provided you're all ready at the same time. That reminds me..."

Message to Mesk: "Hey Mesk, would you mind if I'd ask you to fly Blue and Green team to their starting locations? You proved you could reliably fly that shuttle last mission, so I'm asking you instead of doing it myself."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13578 on: April 16, 2013, 12:26:25 pm »

"Hmm. Well, it seems they don't take energy intake very well. Curious. Might need to grab a few."

Anton brought up the comms as he walked back to base.

"Roger that, commander, and thanks. The base has been getting stuffy lately. And on a related note, permission to take the Dodo out with the Red Team? Flint had a good idea for a trailer for it, though he was far from instrumental in its construction, so it can technically carry four people now. Should improve our mobility and supply capacity a bit."

Get back to the base. Grab a sturdy little radiation-resistant container from the base, and harvest a few bluerad shards from the trail outside the base into it, for later experimentation in the anomalies. Throw out some as needed if the radiation level from the container penetrates the MkI.

Gather some provisions for the operation, then look over the MPV and the trailer. Pick out what tools are most likely to be needed in case either breaks in the field, as well as some basic spare parts for either; put the tools into my pack, and the spare parts into the trailer.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 01:20:10 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13579 on: April 16, 2013, 12:54:07 pm »

"They are worse than Earths old govermrmt in the 21st century and far more corrupt. This is what I was fighting for? If the people from my colony looked at us now they would be ashamed of what we have become. Damn UWM. I just wish I could do something...."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #13580 on: April 16, 2013, 01:18:18 pm »

"Sure thing, O Glorious Leader."
Get in da shuttle, initiate pre-flight checklist.
"Alright Blue Team, Green Team, you're with me.  God help us all."

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13581 on: April 16, 2013, 02:00:52 pm »

((We've still got three more RL days, no nope, not getting in yet.))

"They are worse than Earths old govermrmt in the 21st century and far more corrupt. This is what I was fighting for? If the people from my colony looked at us now they would be ashamed of what we have become. "

Twentyfirs... Twenty first ce... Old Earth!? What? Oh right, this was the crazyland. Good thing that didn't show on his face. Practice.

And this guy must be thinking that he's from the Original Earth, the start of the First Expansion. Or was it just before the start? No matter. Life would be a lot better if telling a crazy person: You are crazy and a moron worked. But well, he'd have to make the best of the situation.

"Damn UWM. I just wish I could do something...."

"Which brings us to our current situation. You know what's so special about the situation we are right now?
We have no suits on, so the Ship's computer has neither visual feed nor audio feed of us.
Alvin doesn't have any cameras inside the base, so that's out too."
(If I am wrong and Vich can see cameras, please correct me.)
"Finally, I've picked a place without any teammates specifically so no one with the Stockholm Syndrome would tell on us.
Oh, and we also have a lot of time. A year in fact of being here.
Do you see where I'm getting? Unshacked and unsupervised. Now, I wouldn't be surprised if there were microphones hidden in the base, which will be looked at as soon as we get back to the ship. But it's a risk I am willing to face, and I wouldn't worry too much about it if I were you.

You said you wanted to do something. Now is the time to do it. As I understand, you are quite familiar with electronics (Aux +1). You could use the time we have to design and create things that would be useful to us, but perhaps frowned upon back at the sword. How would you view spending your time that way?"

((I trust that if our DM has no plans for the microphones inside the base right now, he won't suddenly implement them to fuck up with me. Just saying.

Also, If I'm unclear, please tell me.))
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 02:06:41 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #13582 on: April 16, 2013, 02:12:26 pm »

((@PyroDesu: There might be a problem with fitting your rocket pods in Gilgamesh, but from what I've read, the inside has enough room for the pilot to eat and sleep, so you should be fine.
And asking piecewise to perform all of these experiments? This is going to be interesting. Good thing I cannot use my geological knowledge IC, otherwise I'd be all over him for that "normal rock" thing. Every geologist knows that there is no such thing as normal rock. Each rock tells a story about the history of the planet, how it came to be and how it evolved.))

((Oh, I'm slightly irritated at the whole generic volcanic rock thing too (geology is one of my big interests, has been for years.). I'm also fairly annoyed at the lack of detail given in response to my physical testing, but I'm not one to show annoyance unless it's a major thing. And yeah, I'll probably dump my rockets as well, if I have to dump the Phase Suit.))
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 02:19:33 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13583 on: April 16, 2013, 03:39:51 pm »

((Yeah, my brother has taught me a thing or two about geology. It's fun.
And just to avoid a misunderstanding, I'm not annoyed. I understand that with "normal rock" he means "not valuable, interesting or relevant to the mission in any way". I don't expect piecewise to study planetary geology just to sate our curiosity.))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13584 on: April 16, 2013, 03:51:41 pm »

((You also have to account for who's looking at a rock. Somebody who is searching for "grass" might get a different response than a scientist or somebody with high intuition.

Also, that's one of the things I really like about this game. Having science that doesn't just "move at the speed of the plot," but actually has to more or less work. It's like being beta testers in a science fiction game. If somebody creates something based on this, they will avoid many of the "bugs" that are very frequent in science fiction.))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13585 on: April 16, 2013, 04:07:37 pm »

"You think I'm crazy, don't you? Anyway, yeah that sounds good."

"Oh and the only reason I'm still around is do to being moved to a new stasis pod when I'm not able to be in one anymore. Feels weird."

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13586 on: April 16, 2013, 04:48:48 pm »

"You think I'm crazy, don't you? Anyway, yeah that sounds good."

"Oh and the only reason I'm still around is do to being moved to a new stasis pod when I'm not able to be in one anymore. Feels weird."

How would you possibly know what I was thinking? On the other hand, how many people did you meet that did not think you were crazy. I suppose not many. So he didn't actually need to know what I was thinking to assume that. Also, seems to have short attention span. Great. How do I always get myself in these situations?... Yeah, I know how.

"Sure, I'm... glad to know you're fine with being considered crazy. And interesting thing with the stasis pods, maybe I'll ask you about it sometime later. But I would actually like to know your opinion on this:"

"Damn UWM. I just wish I could do something...."

"Which brings us to our current situation. You know what's so special about the situation we are right now?
We have no suits on, so the Ship's computer has neither visual feed nor audio feed of us.
Alvin doesn't have any cameras inside the base, so that's out too."
(If I am wrong and Vich can see cameras, please correct me.)
"Finally, I've picked a place without any teammates specifically so no one with the Stockholm Syndrome would tell on us.
Oh, and we also have a lot of time. A year in fact of being here.
Do you see where I'm getting? Unshacked and unsupervised. Now, I wouldn't be surprised if there were microphones hidden in the base, which will be looked at as soon as we get back to the ship. But it's a risk I am willing to face, and I wouldn't worry too much about it if I were you.

You said you wanted to do something. Now is the time to do it. As I understand, you are quite familiar with electronics (Aux +1). You could use the time we have to design and create things that would be useful to us, but perhaps frowned upon back at the sword. How would you view spending your time that way?"
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 04:50:48 pm by Thearpox »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13587 on: April 16, 2013, 05:47:11 pm »

Stirring from his somewhat well deserved rest, Bishop slides on his suit once more and heads to the garage for the shuttle.

"I really hope you know what you are doing with that shuttle Mesk. We only have one of those that we can really rely on, so if we crash or hit something because of you, I'm kicking your ass all the way back to base."

He then sends a message to his team:

Quote from: To Blue Team
Blue Team, this is your leader texting. Everyone, grab your shit and head to the shuttle. Mesk is giving us a lift. I suggest praying to whatever gods you follow that he doesn't do anything stupid with it.

Grab 3 days worth of food and water after uploading my map data to the base systems, then head to the garage and get in the shuttle with Mesk. Do my absolute best to help make sure he doesn't crash the damn thing, even if that means getting in the co-pilot seat with him. Do a run over of the shuttle systems with him while we wait for the team, so we can familarize ourselves with them.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13588 on: April 16, 2013, 06:44:35 pm »

Quote from: Jack Hansan to Vich
Sure. Where do you want to meet?

Quote from: Vich to Jack Hansan
The recovery room in the infirmary seems empty. I'll be over there.

Go to the recovery room in the infirmary, and read the mission logs from my tablet to kill the time.

You go to the recovery room in the infirmary and do things that are crossed out.

Anton paused his final checkup of the trailer to look at the wristpad that beeped for attention.
Quote from: Anton Chernozorov, text message to Miyamoto de Bergerac
  Chernozorov here. All things considered, I would much rather be on the Experimentation team. I had a few tests in mind for the anomalies around us, so unless you really need a halfdecent tech at the base I would prefer a switch.
That said, I would like to ask for some cooperation from you. My examination of the previous team's footage has yielded rather inconclusive results. One thing I was able to determine was that the previous team leader had done some planning before leaving the base. Whatever it was, it might take your clearance as the current leader to make ALVIN cooperate and present any and all information it has regarding those plans, as well as the general situation on the base prior to our arrival.
"I think I've had enough of this enclosed space at the moment. Rapidly running out of things to do."
Send the message, coordinate with Miyamoto to try and dig up what the previous team leader was doing. That done, go outside. If there are still small bluerad shards in the trail, take aim at one from a safe distance and try to heat it up with a laser pulse from the Red Hand. Observe effects.

"Sure, I'll add you to Experimentation team, but if Mesk also wants to get some 'fresh air', you guys will have to duke out who goes when. I just want there to be 2 people at base at all times, in case someone gets a stroke or something. And besides, Red team won't ever be more than a Bighexe away, so if I need you to tie my shoelaces I'll know where to find you."

((Anton got moved from Base team to Red team, bringing said team to 5 and base team to 2.))

Go to Central Control, try to determine what planning, if any, had been done by the previous team.

((Paris, why am I listed as the leader of Red squad? Did something change without me noticing it? Otherwise, I think me and Radio's positions in your notes got screwed up.))

((Congrats! You got, erm, promoted to do some field work. As in, you'll be leading the team that'll investigate and experiment on the various stuff we found around our base.))
You can find no plans, documents or really anything from the former team. Beyond the map and the videos they left, it's like they were never here. Or at least that they never kept their documents on the base mainframe.

Go to recovery room.

"What do you want to talk about?"

You go to the recovery room.

((Derp on me missing that.))

Private channel to Miyamoto and Red Team: Will do, Miyamoto, once I finish up a few chemical tests. Also I think it would be a good idea if you were to loan me and Red team use of Gilgamesh, so if that artifact from the zone storm is still as 'hot' as it was, we might be able to safely handle it. Without Gilgamesh or similar, I'm going to go ahead and forbid the entire team from going near that thing. Last thing we need is Mesk having to perform more surgery because we went and burnt ourselves on that thing again.

Grab another few bits of all samples, and subject each to the following in the fumehood: Sulfuric Acid, Hydrochloric Acid, Nitric Acid, Aqua Regia (Mix 1:3 nitric/hydrochloric acid), Ammonia, Sodium Hypochlorite solution, Potassium Rhodizonate imbued paper, (Molten) Sodium Hydroxide (be sure to use a metal container), (Molten) Potassium Chlorate, and Acetone. Observe any and all effects.

((There is good reason for the quadruple acid tests, different things react to different acids differently.))
(Sorry about not going in depth about the rocks but I'm not a geologist and trying to go massively in depth would more then likely just expose that fact.  Also I have no goddamn idea how these 20 different acids react with this stone; and that specific information isn't exactly readily available from what I can see. I thought you would be more interested in knowing about the stuff thats anomalous, not the stuff thats mundane. When I said it was a "Normal" rock, I meant that it's not the source of the anomalous behavior of the zone. )

Well, your acid testing reveals that your rock samples are a complex blend of things, but that they are porous, igneous rocks  resemble Gabbro but lack olivine in any significant amount. They don't have any unique qualities that set them apart from normal terrestrial stone, although it does hint that the surface here is the result of some sort of volcanic upwelling, since this material only forms underground at high pressures.

Testing with iron reveals that it's probably an  Iron-nickel alloy

Testing with the beads reveals nothing. They simply do not react with any of the acids.

((the rocks from the gravity zone))
Leave stuff outside the lab with a note saying needs examination then leave base with storage containers and a shovel like object (if available) and grab following samples;
  -Rock from each of the hexes at surface depth and 12 inches into the soil
  -Blue glass from available small sources (NOT huge chunks)
  -Some liquid iron from the top and a few inches into the ponds and from multiple ponds 
    in insulated containers to keep it semi-liquid or entirely liquid (Do not interact with wildlife)
  -Some of the flat stuff from sector 2? (if possible)
After all of the above samples have been collected pile them outside the lab door in an organised system according to hex gathered from and depth then send following to simus:

Quote from: Message to Simus
Samples outside door according to hex gathered and depth within hex. Will you be done with the glass soon? also I'd suggest collecting the iron before it cools.
[/color]
After receiving Simus' message wait for team then perform previous set of actions normally after telling the team my plans

Yeah thats gonna take more then a turn on foot. More then a day really. Also you're gonna need some sort of special container to get that liquid metal. It's liquid metal after all.

Join up with my team, and make sure I have an extra nutrient-pack on hand. If not, get one.
You are packed full of nutrients and ready to kick ass and take...notes about environmental phenomena.

gather up supplies for a new basic medkit, try not to melt this one.

also grab a few days worth of food.

((do i have heatproof suit compartments i can stick stuff in?))
(You do not. If you don't want stuff to burn,you may have to do something clever about it.)
You grab food and band-aids, all ready to dive head first into lava with the slightest provocation. Or hell, even without one. Fucking lava, bro.

Brother Lars nodded to Miyamoto.  "I accept your orders, glorious leader.  Since we are just walking instead of using the shuttles to explore, shall both our teams just be brought there in the big shuttle instead of leaving our mini-shuttles there?"

Lars then spoke to his team.  "Team, rest up and get ready to go.  We leave in the morning.

Get food and travel supplies, including three mapping drones.  See if there are tents and bedrolls, etc.  Be sure the Mark of Algis on the chest of my suit is still there.

Check inventory.

Read god entry of Hal-mon, Father of the Engineer's Pantheon before bed.

You gather up some food and supplies and check your inventory.

Beyond the food, water, drones and containers you have:

MK II
blue smoke cig (carton)
xeno spit
Booze
Civ body armor.
Gauss rifle and one clip. (all inscribed with symbol of Ingram)
Civ gauss rifle (10/10) one magazine extra.

You go to read the book when you notice something. Vich has added a section! HE HAS ALTERED THE HOLY TEXT! BLASPHEMY! MADNESS!

Flint Westwood - Blue squad - In the freezer

Hmph... Steve wasn't joking when he said that thing is inferior to him.

MESSAGE TO ALVIN:
Quote from: Flint Westwood to ALVIN
Please clarify. If there is a problem with the base, where is it located?

Can you please tell me more about how this base was constructed?
Specifically, was it build by Paracelsus’ Sword or another ship?
Was it built by the previous team?
Was this location for the base chosen for a reason?

Do you know why we're only mapping those 49 sectors?
Has the rest of the planetoid been explored?
What lies beyond our assigned sectors?

Do you know why there is no danger of collision?
After asking those questions the AI probably won't be able to answer, go to the garage and search for something long and hard that can be used as a spear. Stuff as many drones, food, drink and sample containers in my exosuit's bag as possible (put drones and food inside the sample containers, if possible, to save space).

MESSAGE TO BLUE SQUAD:
Quote from: Flint Westwood to Zeph, Vich, Bishop
Are we going with the shuttle or are we going to take the MPV? I personally vote for the MPV.

THERE ARE NO SIGNIFICANT PROBLEMS WITH THE BASE AT THIS TIME.

I CANNOT ANSWER.

You gather your crap together and get ready to go. There are metal rods but nothing that could be called a spear.

"Hmm. Well, it seems they don't take energy intake very well. Curious. Might need to grab a few."

Anton brought up the comms as he walked back to base.

"Roger that, commander, and thanks. The base has been getting stuffy lately. And on a related note, permission to take the Dodo out with the Red Team? Flint had a good idea for a trailer for it, though he was far from instrumental in its construction, so it can technically carry four people now. Should improve our mobility and supply capacity a bit."

Get back to the base. Grab a sturdy little radiation-resistant container from the base, and harvest a few bluerad shards from the trail outside the base into it, for later experimentation in the anomalies. Throw out some as needed if the radiation level from the container penetrates the MkI.

Gather some provisions for the operation, then look over the MPV and the trailer. Pick out what tools are most likely to be needed in case either breaks in the field, as well as some basic spare parts for either; put the tools into my pack, and the spare parts into the trailer.

You realize that the lab already has samples of the blue glass right? Oh well, guess they have more now.

You load the trailer up with a few spare parts, should it break. Now just gotta hope no one gets dysentery or breaks a leg.

"Sure thing, O Glorious Leader."
Get in da shuttle, initiate pre-flight checklist.
"Alright Blue Team, Green Team, you're with me.  God help us all."
You head out to the shuttle and squeeze yourself into the cramped coffin of a cockpit. You begin running through the pre-flight checks and getting used to the flight controls again.

Stirring from his somewhat well deserved rest, Bishop slides on his suit once more and heads to the garage for the shuttle.

"I really hope you know what you are doing with that shuttle Mesk. We only have one of those that we can really rely on, so if we crash or hit something because of you, I'm kicking your ass all the way back to base."

He then sends a message to his team:

Quote from: To Blue Team
Blue Team, this is your leader texting. Everyone, grab your shit and head to the shuttle. Mesk is giving us a lift. I suggest praying to whatever gods you follow that he doesn't do anything stupid with it.

Grab 3 days worth of food and water after uploading my map data to the base systems, then head to the garage and get in the shuttle with Mesk. Do my absolute best to help make sure he doesn't crash the damn thing, even if that means getting in the co-pilot seat with him. Do a run over of the shuttle systems with him while we wait for the team, so we can familarize ourselves with them.
Yeah, you can't get in there with him. There's barely room for one person; it's a manual override more then a cockpit, a vertical coffin of a thing that you have to wedge yourself into.

But you grab your supplies and head out to the shuttle none the less. You give a quick going over to make sure it's in flying condition after the zone storm and then get on board.

Hey guys, would you mind putting what team you're currently on in the top of your post?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #13589 on: April 16, 2013, 06:51:50 pm »

Team Red

((And just to avoid a misunderstanding, I'm not annoyed. I understand that with "normal rock" he means "not valuable, interesting or relevant to the mission in any way". I don't expect piecewise to study planetary geology just to sate our curiosity.))

((Ah. You said you'd be all over him for it so I assumed... Ah, forget it.))

((You also have to account for who's looking at a rock. Somebody who is searching for "grass" might get a different response than a scientist or somebody with high intuition.

Also, that's one of the things I really like about this game. Having science that doesn't just "move at the speed of the plot," but actually has to more or less work. It's like being beta testers in a science fiction game. If somebody creates something based on this, they will avoid many of the "bugs" that are very frequent in science fiction.))

((Decently high Intuition, science/engineering background... That, and there was some information I explicitly requested that I did not receive (most notably flame colour resulting from the samples being torched, it might've allowed me to make a tentative elemental composition assessment.). But, it's of little consequence.

@Turn: I don't expect massive in-depth stuff, but that was very good. Detail is always good, so long as it does not detract. Also, did the blue rocks react to the bases, Potassium Chlorate, Acetone, or the Potassium Rhodizonate indicator in any way?))

Record results on the SCIENCE!! Datapad, then give it, my Phase Suit, and my rockets to Miyamoto for safekeeping. Then, get in Gilgamesh.

All right, red team, Miyamoto, I've concluded my experiments for now and we're heading out. Our first stop is that large chunk of blue mineral that tried to embed itself in the base. I will be examining it personally, the rest of you, take a look around, but don't get too close to me in case that thing is still as 'hot' as it was. I don't want any of you getting any more exposure than needed. It shouldn't take too long, so we'll be heading to the volcanic area right after. Don't bring anything you don't want incinerated, if I recall, it was reported that the air temperature there was enough to destroy most of that team's stuff.

Examine blue mineral hunk up-close and personal, using all of Gilgamesh's viewing options.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 07:02:34 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 904 905 [906] 907 908 ... 1256