Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 902 903 [904] 905 906 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942068 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Missile 9: Hot Potato
« Reply #13545 on: April 15, 2013, 07:04:39 am »

Have suit on and go to vault to grab that grass stuff I collected earlier and have rocks ready and wait outside lab
((It's glass. Blue glass. The same stuff Simus just examined. You just got it from the track the radiation orb left on the ground.))

((@Thearpox: I was saying that in the same way piecewise says "If you get to know Steve better he may tell you a bit about his past.", meaning that if you are interested and put some effort into it, you might get some info. It's one of the things in my to do list for when I get back on the Sword:
Spoiler: To do list (click to show/hide)
))

((@PyroDesu: Updated. Tell me if I should do anything more.))

"... Damn I'm good. I don't know how I did it, but the fact I did is both impressive and shocking."
((Maybe you're a witch too?))

((@RC: I'll update the notes immediately with the new squad objectives and configurations. I'll also draw a map with the path we should take if I have some time.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13546 on: April 15, 2013, 09:07:21 am »

Anton paused his final checkup of the trailer to look at the wristpad that beeped for attention.

Quote from: Anton Chernozorov, text message to Miyamoto de Bergerac
  Chernozorov here. All things considered, I would much rather be on the Experimentation team. I had a few tests in mind for the anomalies around us, so unless you really need a halfdecent tech at the base I would prefer a switch.

That said, I would like to ask for some cooperation from you. My examination of the previous team's footage has yielded rather inconclusive results. One thing I was able to determine was that the previous team leader had done some planning before leaving the base. Whatever it was, it might take your clearance as the current leader to make ALVIN cooperate and present any and all information it has regarding those plans, as well as the general situation on the base prior to our arrival.

"I think I've had enough of this enclosed space at the moment. Rapidly running out of things to do."

Send the message, coordinate with Miyamoto to try and dig up what the previous team leader was doing. That done, go outside. If there are still small bluerad shards in the trail, take aim at one from a safe distance and try to heat it up with a laser pulse from the Red Hand. Observe effects.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13547 on: April 15, 2013, 10:35:25 am »

Go and wait for team.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13548 on: April 15, 2013, 11:12:26 am »

Go and wait for team.
((Wanna respond to my message?))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #13549 on: April 15, 2013, 12:12:38 pm »

"Sounds fine to me, Miyamoto, except for I'm currently inside a wall."

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13550 on: April 15, 2013, 12:36:16 pm »

Go and wait for team.
((Wanna respond to my message?))

((How do I do that.?))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13551 on: April 15, 2013, 01:29:06 pm »

Quote from: Thearpox
Message to Jack Hansan
Quote from: To Jack Hansan
Where are you right now? I'm private Vich of the Blue Team, and I gather you are Jack Hansan of the Green Team. If you don't mind, I'd like to talk. Preferably in a room without people.
((Here's my message in case you were confused. Do you want me to teach to how to roleplay, or something more specific? Because I'm not sure what you're not getting.))
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 01:39:54 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #13552 on: April 15, 2013, 02:01:54 pm »

((Paris, why am I listed as the leader of Red squad? Did something change without me noticing it? Otherwise, I think me and Radio's positions in your notes got screwed up.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13553 on: April 15, 2013, 02:09:02 pm »

Message to Jack Hansan
Where are you right now? I'm private Vich of the Blue Team, and I gather you are Jack Hansan of the Green Team. If you don't mind, I'd like to talk. Preferably in a room without people.
((Here's my message in case you were confused. Do you want me to teach to how to roleplay, or something more specific? Because I'm not sure what you're not getting.))

((I don't know how to do the message thing.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13554 on: April 15, 2013, 02:13:38 pm »

Hold on, it randomly posted before the turn was done.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #13555 on: April 15, 2013, 02:43:23 pm »

Message to Jack Hansan

((You just did what you need to do, we're all just using quotes.
Quote from: Like this, but with brackets instead of parenthesis
(quote author=To Whomever)Message Content(/quote)
))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13556 on: April 15, 2013, 02:50:04 pm »

((@Pyro: Check Miyamoto's post. He changed the team configuration. I'll put it in the useful links spoiler.
And you can use the code BbCode
Code: [Select]
[code][/code]
To display unaltered BBCode.))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13557 on: April 15, 2013, 02:50:49 pm »

Message to Jack Hansan

((You just did what you need to do, we're all just using quotes.
Quote from: Like this, but with brackets instead of parenthesis
(quote author= To Whomever)Message Content(/quote)
))
((I've sent him a PM with the same info 30 minutes ago. But, yeah, what you said.

Spoiler: To do list (responce) (click to show/hide)
))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13558 on: April 15, 2013, 02:51:45 pm »

"Done. Anything else needing made?"

See if anything else needs made if not go look for someone else to help.

Well, mesk could probably use some help getting out of the wall.

Pester our AI with questions:
Quote from: Flint Westwood to ALVIN
Hey there? How's it going? You okay? Functioning normally? Any problems with the base?

Anyway, I was wondering, do you know how long this base has been here (subjective time or Earth time, either one will do) and when it was built?

Also, do you have any info on how and from whom it was built?

Can you tell me if there are any nearby stellar objects and are we in any danger from meteorite collisions?

Do you have any means of long range communication?

Can you estimate how long our food supplies will last at the current rate of consumption and if that will be long enough for the Sword to return?

Do you like it here? I think it's kind of fun, once you learn to avoid the dangerous parts.
Do that thing I didn't do this turn. I know ALVIN would probably be unable to answer most of these things, but there's no harm in asking.
EDIT: Also check if my mining exosuit has any power plugs and whether or not it could carry the generator in the garage.

YES

THIS BASE HAS BEEN HERE FOR 3 AND HALF YEARS, SUBJECTIVE TIME.

I DO.

THERE IS NO DANGER

NO.

AT CURRENT RATES OF CONSUMPTION IT IS ESTIMATED THAT YOU WILL NOT EXHAUST YOUR SUPPLY BEFORE YOUR STAY IS FINISHED.

I DO NOT HAVE THE CAPACITY TO ANSWER.

You're not sure if the suit could carry it. The suit is pretty dang strong, but that generator is pretty dang heavy looking.

((base suit. I was tired, ok? And about that line, again I was tired and didn't check how it fit. But sure, maybe I'll use the code. Maybe.

And "Play Hedgehogs"? I just made it up. I thought it was pretty obvious. Hedgehogs=Spiky. Like you taking out your wrist blade every time I come too close. Also, you know that you throwing rocks on me detracts a bit from that dilemma? Like if I were to connect all the dots of you "Making it very clear that you don't like me," I would come to the conclusion that you hate me because I'm a witch and an enemy of progress (neither of which my guy it).

Also, I laughed at the thing with Bishop. I think he sealed Mesk off on purpose. You know, he couldn't get his hands on him after third mission.))

Message to Anton
Quote from: To Anton
No, I suppose that'd be bad.

And yeah, I get the difference between skates and that rock. But you don't have to use the traditional not-so-sharp steel. You can make it a lot sharper, or use something else. I think it's a manageable problem.

Message to Jack Hansan

Search for empty rooms. Empty= No people inside.
EDIT: Supply the religious fanatic with his weapon of choice.
(I don't have to explain this, do I? )
Another EDIT: Accidentally edited my own post instead of quoting it. Sorry.

Well, the recovery room in the infirmary isn't occupied. I don't think any of the rooms in the infirmary are occupied except the morgue.

Unseal and open the Laboratory door.

You really do need to learn some patience, Michael. At the least, asking why the door is locked and informing me of why you want in before threatening to break it down.
You open the lab door before the crazy man shoots it open. Geez, some people.

Head to the lab, and ask Simus for a sample of that iron. If iron is given, head to the garage, and clamp it in a vise, then grind a bit with an angle grinder. Observe sparks.

((This is a legit test for metal. Behold!))

(your link no work for me senior. But I did a little searching myself and...)

The metal throws off short red sparks.

make the machete

((If i were to get one of those laser rifles and hook it up to a gauss generator i could melt the iron by increasing the diffusion whilst lowering the intensity right))
(sure, you could certainly try it at least. )

[handi:6]
You make a giant freaking machete out of random bits of steel sharpened to a rough edge on one side. It's pretty wicked. And heavy.

"Hey ill be back in a minute you better have unlocked this door when I'm back, or OR ILL CUT THE THING DOWN"
If the door to the lab remains closed go and grab the sample I collected that I stowed in the vault, then go back and enter if possible if   unable use laser rifle to cut door down
"Gah screw it cant really cut it down anyway"
Have suit on and go to vault to grab that grass stuff I collected earlier and have rocks ready and wait outside lab

Glass

GLASS

GLASS

You grab the GLASS , but I have no idea what you're talking about with rocks. Unless you just mean your normal rocks, in which case you've got em.

Brother Lars snapped out of his meditative trance.  Those had been happening more since his head injury received during his arrest.  Where was Mesk?  Why was Bishop looking at the wall oddly?  Oh well!

Lars wandered down the hallway until he found Vich napping.  Lars shook him awake.

"Brother Vich, may I trouble you for a replacement copy of the HMRC Pantheon?  Mine was lost in the last anomaly.

Bug Vich.
You get the book you so desperately desire.

"The better question is, how did you get in there without me noticing? Ok, hold on and I'll get you out."

Slice open the panel again and pull Mesk out. Then reseal it, check the seals to make sure they are ok, then go have a good rest.
[handi:3+1]
You get mesk out of the wall and seal it back up. It doesn't look great but it's functional so who gives a dang.  Bishop nap time.

Polish my weapons in the barracks.

You attempt to spitshine your weapons. But you have no spit. So you just rub them with a cloth. They don't really shine though. You're not even sure if they can "shine".

Finally back at the base, Zephyris thought. The expedition was quite demanding, walking countless miles. But what she foiund more troubling was the infighting. She wasn't sure what exactly set Flint off; stopping him from going any further into that corridor or the casual mention of killing countless people ..or both. Zephy didn't like the latter as well but she more or less expected people like them in the HMRC. She kept quiet about her discontent though, working as a team seemed way more important here.

Put any perishable surplus supplies back into the freezer. Greet Flint if he's still in there. Also give him medical advice why it's not good being in a small, cold, enclosed space. Then go to bed.
Stored, advice given, sleep taken.

Anton paused his final checkup of the trailer to look at the wristpad that beeped for attention.

Quote from: Anton Chernozorov, text message to Miyamoto de Bergerac
  Chernozorov here. All things considered, I would much rather be on the Experimentation team. I had a few tests in mind for the anomalies around us, so unless you really need a halfdecent tech at the base I would prefer a switch.

That said, I would like to ask for some cooperation from you. My examination of the previous team's footage has yielded rather inconclusive results. One thing I was able to determine was that the previous team leader had done some planning before leaving the base. Whatever it was, it might take your clearance as the current leader to make ALVIN cooperate and present any and all information it has regarding those plans, as well as the general situation on the base prior to our arrival.

"I think I've had enough of this enclosed space at the moment. Rapidly running out of things to do."

Send the message, coordinate with Miyamoto to try and dig up what the previous team leader was doing. That done, go outside. If there are still small bluerad shards in the trail, take aim at one from a safe distance and try to heat it up with a laser pulse from the Red Hand. Observe effects.
Effects seem to be that they break. They don't throw off death radiation or explode or anything. They just break. Hmm, rather anti-climatic.

Go and wait for team.

WAIT MODE ACTIVATED....

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13559 on: April 15, 2013, 03:01:28 pm »

Quote from: Jack Hansan to Vich
Sure. Where do you want to meet?
Pages: 1 ... 902 903 [904] 905 906 ... 1256