Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 903 904 [905] 906 907 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942041 times)

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Missile 9: Hot Potato
« Reply #13560 on: April 15, 2013, 03:04:56 pm »

Quote from: Jack Hansan to Vich
Sure. Where do you want to meet?

Quote from: Vich to Jack Hansan
The recovery room in the infirmary seems empty. I'll be over there.

Go to the recovery room in the infirmary, and read the mission logs from my tablet to kill the time.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 03:54:25 am by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13561 on: April 15, 2013, 03:40:30 pm »

Anton paused his final checkup of the trailer to look at the wristpad that beeped for attention.
Quote from: Anton Chernozorov, text message to Miyamoto de Bergerac
  Chernozorov here. All things considered, I would much rather be on the Experimentation team. I had a few tests in mind for the anomalies around us, so unless you really need a halfdecent tech at the base I would prefer a switch.
That said, I would like to ask for some cooperation from you. My examination of the previous team's footage has yielded rather inconclusive results. One thing I was able to determine was that the previous team leader had done some planning before leaving the base. Whatever it was, it might take your clearance as the current leader to make ALVIN cooperate and present any and all information it has regarding those plans, as well as the general situation on the base prior to our arrival.
"I think I've had enough of this enclosed space at the moment. Rapidly running out of things to do."
Send the message, coordinate with Miyamoto to try and dig up what the previous team leader was doing. That done, go outside. If there are still small bluerad shards in the trail, take aim at one from a safe distance and try to heat it up with a laser pulse from the Red Hand. Observe effects.

"Sure, I'll add you to Experimentation team, but if Mesk also wants to get some 'fresh air', you guys will have to duke out who goes when. I just want there to be 2 people at base at all times, in case someone gets a stroke or something. And besides, Red team won't ever be more than a Bighexe away, so if I need you to tie my shoelaces I'll know where to find you."

((Anton got moved from Base team to Red team, bringing said team to 5 and base team to 2.))

Go to Central Control, try to determine what planning, if any, had been done by the previous team.

((Paris, why am I listed as the leader of Red squad? Did something change without me noticing it? Otherwise, I think me and Radio's positions in your notes got screwed up.))

((Congrats! You got, erm, promoted to do some field work. As in, you'll be leading the team that'll investigate and experiment on the various stuff we found around our base.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13562 on: April 15, 2013, 04:42:11 pm »

Go to recovery room.

"What do you want to talk about?"

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #13563 on: April 15, 2013, 05:13:41 pm »

((Derp on me missing that.))

Private channel to Miyamoto and Red Team: Will do, Miyamoto, once I finish up a few chemical tests. Also I think it would be a good idea if you were to loan me and Red team use of Gilgamesh, so if that artifact from the zone storm is still as 'hot' as it was, we might be able to safely handle it. Without Gilgamesh or similar, I'm going to go ahead and forbid the entire team from going near that thing. Last thing we need is Mesk having to perform more surgery because we went and burnt ourselves on that thing again.

Grab another few bits of all samples, and subject each to the following in the fumehood: Sulfuric Acid, Hydrochloric Acid, Nitric Acid, Aqua Regia (Mix 1:3 nitric/hydrochloric acid), Ammonia, Sodium Hypochlorite solution, Potassium Rhodizonate imbued paper, (Molten) Sodium Hydroxide (be sure to use a metal container), (Molten) Potassium Chlorate, and Acetone. Observe any and all effects.

((There is good reason for the quadruple acid tests, different things react to different acids differently.))
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 05:19:53 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13564 on: April 15, 2013, 05:18:41 pm »

Go to recovery room.

"What do you want to talk about?"

"What do you think of the HMRC so far? In particular, of our spinal implants."

((This might take a while, but I don't want to monologue you to death and just assume your responses.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13565 on: April 15, 2013, 05:22:36 pm »

Private channel to Miyamoto and Red Team: Will do, Miyamoto, once I finish up a few chemical tests. Also I think it would be a good idea if you were to loan me and Red team use of Gilgamesh, so if that artifact from the zone storm is still as 'hot' as it was, we might be able to safely handle it. Without Gilgamesh or similar, I'm going to go ahead and forbid the entire team from going near that thing. Last thing we need is Mesk having to perform more surgery because we went and burnt ourselves on that thing again.

Private channel back: "While I trust you would take care of him, I still feel a bit... iffy about loaning Gilgamesh, after all he has saved my life more than I can count already. But what the hell, as long as you take good care of it, you can use him to aid in the experiments. Remember it has cameyes installed by the way, it could prove useful. And please don't break it.

Hmm, I just realized, are you even able to use a battlesuit? Y'know, being full synthflesh?"

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #13566 on: April 15, 2013, 05:45:58 pm »

To Miyamoto: Not synthflesh, just synthetic. Although I do wonder if I'll fit in with this fairly spikey Phase Suit on... At least that can be remedied. If I have to take that off, can I trust you to keep it safe? It's... valuable. Indeed, it's the reason I got through the entirety of my last mission unscathed. So please don't let anyone else even near it, after all, we didn't get in here by being the most honest people around, eh?

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #13567 on: April 15, 2013, 08:52:54 pm »

((the rocks from the gravity zone))
Leave stuff outside the lab with a note saying needs examination then leave base with storage containers and a shovel like object (if available) and grab following samples;
  -Rock from each of the hexes at surface depth and 12 inches into the soil
  -Blue glass from available small sources (NOT huge chunks)
  -Some liquid iron from the top and a few inches into the ponds and from multiple ponds 
    in insulated containers to keep it semi-liquid or entirely liquid (Do not interact with wildlife)
  -Some of the flat stuff from sector 2? (if possible)
After all of the above samples have been collected pile them outside the lab door in an organised system according to hex gathered from and depth then send following to simus:

Quote from: Message to Simus
Samples outside door according to hex gathered and depth within hex. Will you be done with the glass soon? also I'd suggest collecting the iron before it cools.
[/color]
After receiving Simus' message wait for team then perform previous set of actions normally after telling the team my plans
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 02:32:03 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #13568 on: April 15, 2013, 10:27:30 pm »

Quote from: Message to Michael
I highly recommend you wait for the rest of the team before leaving the base. While I won't argue if you want to guinea pig yourself in one or two anomalies, you will wait for the entire team to be present before you leave this base to start collecting stuff.

I'm sorry if I seem to be acting totalitarian, but totalitarian and safe is preferable to neither.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13569 on: April 15, 2013, 10:41:29 pm »

Join up with my team, and make sure I have an extra nutrient-pack on hand. If not, get one.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #13570 on: April 16, 2013, 02:16:48 am »

"Ah, experiments! What kinda?"

Help Mesh get out of the wall if he is still stuck.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13571 on: April 16, 2013, 03:42:40 am »

gather up supplies for a new basic medkit, try not to melt this one.

also grab a few days worth of food.

((do i have heatproof suit compartments i can stick stuff in?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13572 on: April 16, 2013, 06:16:08 am »

Spoiler: To do list (responSe) (click to show/hide)

((@Corsair and everyone else going to the volcanically active zone, remember that the high temperature will melt most of the stuff you're carrying. Someone should check whether or not putting them in a heat resistant sample container would protect them.))

((@PyroDesu: There might be a problem with fitting your rocket pods in Gilgamesh, but from what I've read, the inside has enough room for the pilot to eat and sleep, so you should be fine.
And asking piecewise to perform all of these experiments? This is going to be interesting. Good thing I cannot use my geological knowledge IC, otherwise I'd be all over that "normal rock" thing. Every geologist knows that there is no such thing as normal rock. Each rock tells a story about the history of the planet, how it came to be and how it evolved.))
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 02:52:48 pm by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13573 on: April 16, 2013, 09:23:13 am »

Brother Lars nodded to Miyamoto.  "I accept your orders, glorious leader.  Since we are just walking instead of using the shuttles to explore, shall both our teams just be brought there in the big shuttle instead of leaving our mini-shuttles there?"

Lars then spoke to his team.  "Team, rest up and get ready to go.  We leave in the morning.

Get food and travel supplies, including three mapping drones.  See if there are tents and bedrolls, etc.  Be sure the Mark of Algis on the chest of my suit is still there.

Check inventory.

Read god entry of Hal-mon, Father of the Engineer's Pantheon before bed.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 09:25:08 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13574 on: April 16, 2013, 11:04:22 am »

Jack shrugs."Meh, nowhere near as bad as the jails on earth back in the 2070s. Also not that bothered by the spinal implant, the UWM though..."
Pages: 1 ... 903 904 [905] 906 907 ... 1256