Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 898 899 [900] 901 902 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943965 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Missile 9: Hot Potato
« Reply #13485 on: April 11, 2013, 09:49:15 pm »

Lars, after stretching and sitting a minute, turns to all comms.  "Base team, this is Brother Lars of team green.  How may we serve you?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13486 on: April 11, 2013, 09:50:12 pm »

"Well, that's odd... I wonder why we lost the signal for these drones and not for the one I launched here before... Eh, anyway, let's take a break here and see if the drones come back, then we can skate our way back to base along the edge of this flatzone or something."

Take a break and have something to eat and drink, while waiting a good amount of time for the drones to come back. Ponder over why the first drone I sent out here returned, while these ones have lost the signal almost immediately.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13487 on: April 11, 2013, 09:54:58 pm »

((And not wasting drones?! To paraphrase Xykon: "Sacrificing Minions: Is there any problem it CAN'T solve?"))
((That's actually an exact quote. Also, it can't solve the problem of running out of drones.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13488 on: April 11, 2013, 09:58:33 pm »

((And not wasting drones?! To paraphrase Xykon: "Sacrificing Minions: Is there any problem it CAN'T solve?"))
((That's actually an exact quote. Also, it can't solve the problem of running out of drones.))
Thats when we start sacrificing vehicles and people to build new cyborg drones.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13489 on: April 11, 2013, 10:07:46 pm »

((...And when we run out of those? Well, when YOU do--Grate is "safely" on the ship.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13490 on: April 11, 2013, 10:37:27 pm »

((...And when we run out of those? Well, when YOU do--Grate is "safely" on the ship.))
(Then: "We Have Reinforcements" Trope. And yeah, an exact quote, but whatever.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #13491 on: April 11, 2013, 10:48:18 pm »

((Speaking of... Since we can do the full robot body procedure here, I need to find a radio system or several. What better time to try out my teleoperation idea than when we have everything we need and nil contact with Steve?

Though it should wait until the exploration is done, in case people end up needing the full cyborg procedure... and the fact that I would be relying on Mesk to help me with some of the operations, in all likelihood.))

Compile map data, then head to the lab and if any samples have been deposited there, do whatever analysis is possible upon them. Let nobody else into the lab without my permission while I do so.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #13492 on: April 12, 2013, 02:15:17 am »

"Yeah, this freaks me out. Let's go back."

Urge others to go back to base

((You win again, gravity!!!))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13493 on: April 12, 2013, 10:33:38 am »

Try to help again, but actually be competent and helpful this time.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13494 on: April 12, 2013, 10:35:20 am »

((But incompetent and disruptive is so much more fun!))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13495 on: April 12, 2013, 02:55:30 pm »

Team Blue
Try to help again, but actually be competent and helpful this time.
Anton just kind of stares at you in disgust without actually doing anything. You shrug.

Could we know where the point at which the drones got cut off? Could be important for determining the safe boundary.

"Thanks Zerphyris, wouldn't want to get stuck there. Now, the report. I didn't feel any cold, so we don't have to worry about that. The drones on the other hand... Depending on where they cut off, we could still try to skate the thing towards the base, but I'm not hot on checking out what made them drop right now. Dunno. While we're at it, could you inquire about Flint?"

(After a minute or two) "We should think about making some sort of ice skates or sledge for thing thing. Powered by rockets or something, it would be an easy and effective way of transportation, not to mention enjoyable way to spend time. The surface felt like lubricated ice, close to, but not quite frictionless. I'm sure we could make something."

Stretch muscles and enjoy a brief moment of rest. Do what Bishop says.

((I wonder how much money tokens we're going to make changes on how much we explore. Kind of hard to make any predictions without any sort of metric.))

"Well, that's odd... I wonder why we lost the signal for these drones and not for the one I launched here before... Eh, anyway, let's take a break here and see if the drones come back, then we can skate our way back to base along the edge of this flatzone or something."

Take a break and have something to eat and drink, while waiting a good amount of time for the drones to come back. Ponder over why the first drone I sent out here returned, while these ones have lost the signal almost immediately.

The Drones seem to have gone AWOL right as they entered a deeper, unmapped section of the Zone, right about where those strange lights in the sky seem to begin. It's entirely possible they just ran headlong into them and...well whatever happens when that happens, happened. They certainly don't seem to be coming back, at the very least.

"Note to self, don't stick face into skylights."

Team Green
Go see if anyone needs any help.

Over radio:"There seems to be something very strange causing these anomalies."

Everyone around here needs help in one way or another, be it physiological or menial. However, it seems like the ones who need the kind of help you can give are A. Anton and Flint in making there...whatever it is. B. Mesk in his fixing of...whatever it is, or C. Simus coming out of her apparent coma.

"Sorry about running off like that, now please stop with the praise Steve? I'm not going to die that easily."

Follow Lars.

You stay perfectly still and immobile. Like a statue you are; so still. So quiet. Medusa's gaze could only make you more lively.

Team Red
Lars then changed over to command comm.  "Glorious Leader, this is Brother Lars of Team Green.  We have completed what we can of mapping this zone without straying out of bounds of the inner areas.  We are returning to base.  I will send a mapping drone to scout the rest if we are able to get it to fly over the heat.  Please advise of any further orders."[/i]

Return to base.

Back over comm channel: "Excellent work Lars. Take some rest now, see if you can help out back at base. We're kinda stuck here too, so we'll be joining you."

"Ok, this is getting too dangerous. You guys ready to get back? We've done more than our share already, so we shouldn't take any unnecessary risks. Unless any of you insist we try to get a bit further, we'll be heading back."

Go back unless someone has objections to that.

Over team-wide channel: "Congratulations to you all on your work so far. Now that we have mapped the immediate area, it'll be time to start branching out. However, it seems we are boxed in by various anomalies, so we'll have to find a way around that problem. If anyone has any suggestions, state them now."

"Yeah, this freaks me out. Let's go back."

Urge others to go back to base

((You win again, gravity!!!))

"That sounds fine but we should grab samples from here first also I suspect that we could learn a lot from here if we performed the correct tests."
Grab some rocks from around the place and follow our team.

Follow the team back out of the anomolous zone.

Red Team just goes home. You must wonder, at least for a moment, what it must be like to be Micheal. He alone isn't a robot/a man in a giant robot. What sort of difference is there between him and Miyamoto? What does 12 hours on foot feel like compared to 12 hours in a Battlesuit? Do the control cuffs chafe? Do his feet get tired? Does that constant work of maneuvering that behemoth weigh upon him more or less then the unassisted walking of the team's frail, human member?

What? There wasn't much to this action for all of them. Gotta keep my mind busy somehow.

Team Base

Look around for a cutting torch and/or toolbox.
The garage has the tools you need, though they are in the hands of Anton, who seems to be using them to make some sort of something. Although right now all he's doing is staring at Flint with impotent rage.

"Hey, after you kill him with that wrench, can I borrow it? I'm gonna use it to fix the morgue, so really this is in the best interest of everyone!"

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13496 on: April 12, 2013, 02:59:49 pm »

Go help Anton and Flint.

"Need help?"

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13497 on: April 12, 2013, 03:30:01 pm »

"Then skating it is. Anybody else thinks this might be really fun?"

Await Bishop's order to skate the flat lands, and once we do that head home to the base and get some rest. The way I see it, is that Bishop grabs me and Zephyris, and uses his rocket pods to steer everybody and gain some decent speed. I don't suppose he needs to use them often, since there's nothing much that would alter our direction after the initial push.

((Yes, I am the sort of player who is willing to spend three turns preparing to skate this thing because it's a long walk to the base, even when it's mechanically quicker to just walk back.

Also, I figure Miyamoto might just have been carrying his fleshy subject the entire time, and it just slipped through the cracks. It's not like he ever indicated that he wasn't doing that.))
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 03:33:06 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #13498 on: April 12, 2013, 06:10:18 pm »

((Missed me:

Compile map data, then head to the lab and if any samples have been deposited there, do whatever analysis is possible upon them. Let nobody else into the lab without my permission while I do so.
))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #13499 on: April 12, 2013, 07:00:12 pm »

((So did I get those samples?, Also I suspect it would be silent envy of their respective robotics and Battlesuit's capabilities))
"Well then time for a good rest after 12 hours of mediocre success"
Go sleep then eat then examine all samples that have been collected through every possibly relevant scientific test available to be performed follow the team if required. (carbon dating for example)
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.
Pages: 1 ... 898 899 [900] 901 902 ... 1256