Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 836 837 [838] 839 840 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3938485 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 8: Steve, We've got a problem.
« Reply #12555 on: February 26, 2013, 05:48:45 pm »

(Since RC didn't explicitly control Jim, I'm just gonna plunk this down here.)

Jim does whatever Miyamoto needs him to do when he asks during this rescue attempt.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12556 on: February 26, 2013, 05:50:14 pm »

(Since RC didn't explicitly control Jim, I'm just gonna plunk this down here.)

Jim does whatever Miyamoto needs him to do when he asks during this rescue attempt.

((I was rather iffy on using other people's characters, but if you insist. Thanks by the way.))

Jim action: Use matter amp to give Gilgamesh a good push in the right direction.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12557 on: February 26, 2013, 05:52:39 pm »

(No problem. I didn't really want to leave them behind, so if we get a chance to rescue them I'm at least going to lend a hand. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12558 on: February 26, 2013, 06:11:30 pm »

((Please, please try not to die. My conscience will torment me for days if I end up causing your death. If Steve tells you you're probably not gonna make it, just break off and get back to the shuttle.

But maybe I'm worrying over nothing. If we get those rockets to work we may not even need to put you in any danger at all.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #12559 on: February 26, 2013, 06:19:17 pm »

((oh man, I really hope this turns out a-ok. You wouldn't believe how excited this has got me.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12560 on: February 26, 2013, 06:22:46 pm »

((I am also watching to see how this turns out. But on the matters of my suit, permission denied. I'm not going to risk a large investment of tokens over just two guys who didn't get in the shuttle with the rest of us when they had the chance. Sorry. Also, how would you use them anyway in your battle suit?))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12561 on: February 26, 2013, 07:21:06 pm »

((I am also watching to see how this turns out. But on the matters of my suit, permission denied. I'm not going to risk a large investment of tokens over just two guys who didn't get in the shuttle with the rest of us when they had the chance. Sorry. Also, how would you use them anyway in your battle suit?))

((Probably hold them in the correct manner to thrust in the right direction without spinning himself about.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12562 on: February 26, 2013, 07:24:45 pm »

Operation 'Pony Express' is a go; I repeat, it is a go.
Also take Bishop's suit with me, use half it's fuel for extra speed, but ONLY if he gives me explicit permission to do this.

"Get ready guys, we only have 1 shot at this.

Jim, if you can't pull them towards us, could you give me a good push? We need everything we can get. "

(For the love of Steve let this work. )
[jim exo:6+1+1]

Miyamoto decouples himself from the bottom of the ship and begins positioning himself toward the distant marker of the UWM  ship. Before he can turn on the engines he's suddenly hurtling forward, spinning out of control.
[aux:4+1]
Miyamoto, spinning blind in zero g, concentrates on his monitors and the spinning marker. It takes a few disorienting seconds, but he manages to right himself and get himself pointed forwards, engines at full burn.

"I'm on my way," he says, eyes flicking between the screens and read outs, "I'm going to get to you after you've begun to fall back, uh" He checks again, "13 minutes from now. Twelve minutes, 30 seconds is the point of no return, after that any maneuver I do won't significantly change my trajectory. You guys need to be out of your ship and either holding still or at least moving at a stable speed by then. And it would be in your best effort to make a net or something; make yourselves a bigger, easier to catch target because I'm going entirely by the monitors here, way too fast to just wing it and try to catch you."

Do I need to rig the rocket's electronics for firing or do they have a neatly placed button labeled "fire"? If I the electronics need to be rigged for firing, have Jack take a turn to get a dynamic bonus in rigging them for firing. Else have him help me.

Examine the gas tanks for the air filtration system and the fire extinguishing system and see which would be the best one to use as a maneuvering thruster, something I could hold and activate to turn the rocket in case it isn't properly balanced or timed. Take the best one and examine it for activation method, after closing it to prevent leaks. If the gas tanks can't be used like that (or don't need to be used because they have some sort of turn system or are perfectly balanced and timed) go with the dynamic bonus for the rocket's electronics (tracing wires, figuring out what they do, that sort of thing). Ask Steve or anyone else for help.

"Okay guys, rocket is nearly ready, we'll be firing and hopefully stabilizing our orbit once we reach apoapsis. Any help would be appreciated. That includes you too Steve."

You leave Jack to deal with rigging the rockets up and dive into the innards of the ship, prying open the access panels and searching for the perfect tank. Air tanks are built in place, clearly not designed to be moved, and have no valve or system you could use for directed jets. The anti-fire foam tanks are another thing entirely; they're individual things, slotted into place in the system and designed to be changed or refilled. They even have a valve on top to control flow. You cut the metal bands holding two of them in place, close them off and carry them back to Jack and his rockets.

"These will work for maneuvering, how about those pods?"

"Working on it, I think I've figured out how they're wired up."

Time till Rendezvous: 11 minutes and counting. 

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12563 on: February 26, 2013, 07:42:37 pm »

Work on those rocket wires. If I have enough time use chisel and razor to cut some pieces of the hull, open holes in them and thread them together with some wire to form a net. Then  get on the (hopefully ready) rocket, make sure Jack and I are secured (with wire if necessary) and have a fire extinguisher each and fire the rockets after I point them in the right direction. Ask Steve for one of those HUD things he's given Miyamoto. Accept help from anyone. Edit: Oh, and take some wire with me just in case.

"Rocket man, we are launching now. I'll try to deploy a net for you. Thank you."
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 09:06:05 pm by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12564 on: February 26, 2013, 08:12:44 pm »

((If you need to, unpod Lars and he'll say a quick word of prayer for you!))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12565 on: February 26, 2013, 08:56:49 pm »

((Think there's an HMRC god of Orbital Death or Terminal Trajectories? There's gotta be a god of Dying Alone In Space Where No One Can Save You, except that's kind of the whole pantheon so maybe there's no one god for that.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12566 on: February 26, 2013, 09:06:30 pm »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12567 on: February 26, 2013, 09:39:36 pm »

Speaking of...

((That is a very calm and relaxing piece, despite the name.

Although it would be a little weird to say that I enjoy Dying Alone In Space and find it quite relaxing...))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12568 on: February 26, 2013, 09:39:52 pm »

((There's still plenty of godspace to go.  I'm sure there are some Digging Too Deep gods in the Engineer's Pantheon- perhaps one of those would fit.  I'll be sure to pass the God of Tinker on to Simus while I'm at it.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12569 on: February 26, 2013, 10:06:20 pm »

Work on those rocket wires. If I have enough time use chisel and razor to cut some pieces of the hull, open holes in them and thread them together with some wire to form a net. Then  get on the (hopefully ready) rocket, make sure Jack and I are secured (with wire if necessary) and have a fire extinguisher each and fire the rockets after I point them in the right direction. Ask Steve for one of those HUD things he's given Miyamoto. Accept help from anyone. Edit: Oh, and take some wire with me just in case.

"Rocket man, we are launching now. I'll try to deploy a net for you. Thank you."
How exactly is this rocket gonna work by the way? just wrap these pods up with cable to keep them together and hope that the trust doesn't cause them to tear free or reposition themselves?
Pages: 1 ... 836 837 [838] 839 840 ... 1256