Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 835 836 [837] 838 839 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3938510 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 8: Steve, We've got a problem.
« Reply #12540 on: February 26, 2013, 03:31:29 pm »

((All that trouble, and you won't even get to keep that ship.

Also, if Jim had their exact location, could he be of any help?))
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 03:33:12 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12541 on: February 26, 2013, 03:50:40 pm »

(I already asked that. The answer was I could probably move the two of them, but not the ship.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12542 on: February 26, 2013, 03:54:27 pm »

(I already asked that. The answer was I could probably move the two of them, but not the ship.)

((Maybe, once they have expended their possibilities and they're out of the ship, you try to give them an extra pull, and then I try to catch them? ))

"Steve, could you calculate a trajectory for me? be Warned though, they may end up a bit closer to us then they are now."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12543 on: February 26, 2013, 03:56:55 pm »

(I have no problem with that plan. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12544 on: February 26, 2013, 04:18:46 pm »

((I believe there is an Aesop here about greed and stuff or something like that. Also, thanks for trying to help. Any of the living got any handiwork skill?))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12545 on: February 26, 2013, 04:23:07 pm »

((I believe there is an Aesop here about greed and stuff or something like that. Also, thanks for trying to help. Any of the living got any handiwork skill?))

((Yo.

Also, yay for a relevant sig?))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12546 on: February 26, 2013, 04:30:07 pm »

((Yo.

Also, yay for a relevant sig?))

((Ouch, darn that's hard. But true. All too true.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12547 on: February 26, 2013, 04:47:32 pm »

"Can any of you shuttle people help us with building this rocket?"

((Come on. I wouldn't be in such an interesting situation if I wasn't greedy. Besides, I'd never do something like that in real life.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12548 on: February 26, 2013, 04:50:34 pm »

((They are literally hundreds of miles away. The only help you could get was over the radio.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12549 on: February 26, 2013, 05:04:46 pm »

((By the way, I'm not gonna post my action till Zako and SC post theirs. 'Cause without them this plan has too little chance of succes to commit to.

Also, PW, what rolls would my maneuver use? Dex or aux? ))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12550 on: February 26, 2013, 05:06:42 pm »

((They are literally hundreds of miles away. The only help you could get was over the radio.))
((If I believed they could come over here to help me build the rocket, why would I be building the rocket in the first place?))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12551 on: February 26, 2013, 05:08:35 pm »

(What exactly do you need me to do? I mean, I could just give you access to Jim's amps for one post and you can have him do that during your turn.

Also I believe Bishop was podded, so his suit is probably sitting out and about. If so, you can just take his fuel and give him a token or two to pay him back once we're back on board. I might be wrong though.)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12552 on: February 26, 2013, 05:11:29 pm »

((Maybe, once they have expended their possibilities and they're out of the ship, you try to give them an extra pull, and then I try to catch them? ))

"Steve, could you calculate a trajectory for me? be Warned though, they may end up a bit closer to us then they are now."

>I am sending the data to your suit now. It should be able to calculate the exact trajectories an give you a constantly updating feed of information.

Basically it can tell you when to burn, and if you're doing it in the right direction. But your time for this to work is running out, if you don't start moving in the few minutes (Read: Next turn), Your intercept course is going to be too low to be survivable.

(aux for getting there, dex for grabbing, assuming they're even in a grab-able position.

Give Jack the second monorazor so that he can get us some gas tanks. If it is possible to do something like a maintenance unlock for the rocket pods through the ship's computer first tie them up with some wire, then eject them, then go outside and collect them. Else, go outside and start chiseling and monorazoring to get to them (remember to disconnect the electronics but leave them intact). Either way, use the wire to make a few loops to hold them together if I manage to get them all out.  Contemplate if there is any way I can move the gravity manipulator to cause the gravity to affect the ship (for example moving it lower and making the bottom of the ship face away from the planet or turning it upside down, putting it higher and making the bottom of the ship face the planet). Continue working until we get at 7 minutes until apoapsis, when I will reexamine the situation. Accept help from any willing teammate (Steve can act as a relay if necessary).

Edit: If there is danger of drifting through space or not enough leverage tie myself onto the hull if this thing doesn't have magnetic boots or micrpthrusters or something.

"Jack, two things: First we need some kind of maneuvering thrusters to control the rocket I'm making. 2 would be fine but I'd prefer 4. Take either the fire extinguisher tanks or the oxygen tanks and see if their size is managable and if there is any way to open and close them electronically or even mechanically, so they can act as maneuvering thrusters. Take whichever would be best for maneuvering our makeshift rockets out of the walls and get ready to take it outside. Second, see if it is possible to vent the reactor material, fire extinguishers or the oxygen from the back of the ship so as to give us thrust, but don't do it yet. If you finish in time, come help me."

[Jack aux:6+1]
[Flint dex:4]

Jack stays inside and jettisons the maneuvering pods as flint crawls around on the outside of the ship and wrangles them together with lengths of thin metal cable. Jack ejects one too early and sends it spiraling off into the great beyond, but they manage to get three of the maneuvering rocket pods secured, complete with their built in fuel supplies. They get it done fast, 4 minutes in total.

As he brings the rocket pods back around to the air lock, Flint considers the possibility of using the manipulator on the ship to reverse gravity, to cause the ship to "fall" away from the planet. It's possible, but the manipulator is orientated in reference to the ship; they would need to get to it and flip it. Even then it might not have the strength to "lift" the ship. If they could separate it and just cling to it themselves it might work...but  they would need to get it and it's power supply and control systems and god knows what else cut out of the ship and in perfect working order within the next...9 minutes? No, it wouldn't have to be at the height of the rise...but it couldn't be that long after.

What they wouldn't give for a hotdrop shuttle and it's gravity parachutes.

Apoapsis ETA: 9 minutes. Planetfall: 26 minutes till impact.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12553 on: February 26, 2013, 05:21:54 pm »

Operation 'Pony Express' is a go; I repeat, it is a go.
Also take Bishop's suit with me, use half it's fuel for extra speed, but ONLY if he gives me explicit permission to do this.

"Get ready guys, we only have 1 shot at this.

Jim, if you can't pull them towards us, could you give me a good push? We need everything we can get. "

(For the love of Steve let this work. )

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12554 on: February 26, 2013, 05:32:48 pm »

Do I need to rig the rocket's electronics for firing or do they have a neatly placed button labeled "fire"? If I the electronics need to be rigged for firing, have Jack take a turn to get a dynamic bonus in rigging them for firing. Else have him help me.

Examine the gas tanks for the air filtration system and the fire extinguishing system and see which would be the best one to use as a maneuvering thruster, something I could hold and activate to turn the rocket in case it isn't properly balanced or timed. Take the best one and examine it for activation method, after closing it to prevent leaks. If the gas tanks can't be used like that (or don't need to be used because they have some sort of turn system or are perfectly balanced and timed) go with the dynamic bonus for the rocket's electronics (tracing wires, figuring out what they do, that sort of thing). Ask Steve or anyone else for help.

"Okay guys, rocket is nearly ready, we'll be firing and hopefully stabilizing our orbit once we reach apoapsis. Any help would be appreciated. That includes you too Steve."
Pages: 1 ... 835 836 [837] 838 839 ... 1256