Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 806 807 [808] 809 810 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3882074 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Worst bombsquad in the galaxy
« Reply #12105 on: February 14, 2013, 02:39:06 am »

A combination of somewhat discordant actions and a perfect intelligence roll on Lukas' part has lead to the following.

"This whole ordeal has officially gone FUBAR. Crap.

Hey Lucas, I reaaaally hope you're going to wait for us."

Grab anyone who can't move on their own and fly them to the elevator.

((Ivan has lost it and is now acting like some sort of gigantic cicada. Does anyone him to be neutralized non-lethally?))

((Just wait and observe. If he attacks though, just try to kill him without destroying the brain.
Or, as a last resort, go stand behind a door somewhere, preferably a wooden one. You'll be perfectly safe!))

Lukas

"Oh, this shit is just fucked up!"

Edit: if everyone gets to the elevator, activate it. Go up!

"Fuck. This. Shit."

Lukas hit the up button. The computer shows a big red "X" and says the iris is closed.

"FUCK THAT SHIT, THEN!"

He puts his fist straight through the iris and proceed to rip it to pieces like tissue, hurling pieces over his shoulder until it's all either been torn away or jammed back into the wall.

He presses the button again. No good.

"GOD DAMN IT!" He spins on his heel and points at Miyamoto, "Follow my lead, rocket man."

Lukas steps off the elevator platform and grabs one side while Miyamoto grabs the other. Together, they hoist it and all their teammates atop it up onto their shoulders.

"Now what?"

"You've got rockets, right?"

"Yeah?"

"Then get to flying."

Miyamoto's rockets flare to life and the room fills with a hellish mix of fire and exhaust. The platform starts to rise, slowly at first but it gains speed until it's rocketing up the shaft. Lukas sinks his fingers into the walls of the shaft and starts climbing up like mecha-donkeykong with his ass on fire.

The rocket-propelled elevator screams up toward the level above; straight toward a closed metal iris.

Name:Flint - Team C - Main Elevator

"SOMEBODY CLOSE THAT BLOODY DOOR!" shouted Flint, as he tried not to bite his tongue from all the vibrations.

Fire the "laser"! Then open the iris and get back to the elevator. If the "laser" isn't enough to tear open the wall, smash the rest of the way with my iron fists or use the monorazor or something.

((I really wish I had a kiloton charge... or maybe just a cam-eye so I could see what's in these tunnels.))

"I'm gonna murder a door today. It might as well be this one."

[con:3+1]

Flint sweeps the massive cutting laser in a rough circle, shredding the iris but not completely destroying it. He stares at it for a second before dropping the laser and walking to the center of the platform. He sets his feet, points his fists at the remaining part if the iris and locks the exosuit.

[end:5+1+1]

Flint superman's his way through the iris, battering ramming it open as the elevator continues up toward the next level.

The vibrations which were, for lack of a better phrase, fucking everyone up, have subsided as the elevator rose. The hallucinations and pain vanish, although Milno is still only barely alive.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #12106 on: February 14, 2013, 02:43:10 am »

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"...guys?  You dead?"
Do a headcount.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12107 on: February 14, 2013, 02:44:18 am »

((Go Team Giant Flaming Robots Are Sick Of This Bullshit!))

Do a headcount.
((Har har.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12108 on: February 14, 2013, 02:48:58 am »

There's another iris up ahead, just saying.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12109 on: February 14, 2013, 02:52:43 am »

((Oh sweet, so we're going for the "burst out of the entire goddamned colony as a flaming platter of corpses and failure" approach.

Possibly accidentally, but, you know. Corpses and failure.))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12110 on: February 14, 2013, 03:03:55 am »

((Oh gods rocket-propelled elevator. That's bloody perfect.

Also, isn't there vacuum below? I don't remember anyone closing the separating door. If the tunnel is still superheated and oxygen suddenly rushes in, there's going to be one hell of a backdraft.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12111 on: February 14, 2013, 04:29:50 am »

((Oh gods rocket-propelled elevator. That's bloody perfect.

Also, isn't there vacuum below? I don't remember anyone closing the separating door. If the tunnel is still superheated and oxygen suddenly rushes in, there's going to be one hell of a backdraft.))
Yep, there's a vacuum racing up that tunnel. And can anyone where think of something bad that might happen when the hospital level suddenly becomes fatal for nonsuited men?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12112 on: February 14, 2013, 04:47:03 am »

((Vacuum doesn't really "race up the tunnel", it's more "the rest of the air is racing down". I think that the team could do a few things to stop the air from escaping, one of them being, depending how big the hole down there is, just chucking the whole of the hospital level's graveyard in there to clog it up. Another thing is shouting something a-la "CLOSE THE IRIS!" once they clear a level that has no iris on it, and have contact with Command.

As for bad things that could happen... well, all of the alcohol turns to vapor instantly, but has no oxygen to combust. And if that doctor has no suit and does indeed have a dead-man's switch, you might not need to worry about sealing up the passage below. :P))

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12113 on: February 14, 2013, 04:49:02 am »

Yep, there's a vacuum racing up that tunnel. And can anyone where think of something bad that might happen when the hospital level suddenly becomes fatal for nonsuited men?
((So that guy was telling the truth about having a bomb and it's on a deadman's trigger?

This is going to be one hell of an exit. From the colony or the mortal coil, I can't quite say.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12114 on: February 14, 2013, 05:39:36 am »

Name:Flint/Iron Man or Superman? - Team C - Rocket propelled Main Elevator, now arriving at level 5, Hospital and Graveyard

"Mages, try to seal the tunnel! Or close the irises! Or something! Everyone else, fire everything!" shouted Flint, shaken but not stirred from his position. Part of him (the reasonable part) was nearly scared to death but some other primal part was enjoying the fear, the excitement, the adrenaline rush. It made him feel... alive!

Keep firing my lazor and smashing through irises (hopefully with the help of my teammates). If I run out of laser juice, take the second mining laser from whoever has it. If that runs out of juice, position my arms up holding my chisel and lock myself in place, hopefully forming a rough triangle/battering ram.

EDIT: If my teammates do something stupid and/or life threatening that makes the elevator doubleplusunsafe try to use the chisel and my robo-hands to hold on to a wall or something like that.

((This reminds me of some strange mix from The return of the Jedi (The millennium falcon escaping the exploding death star) and Journey to the center of the earth (exiting through the geyser/stratovolcano). Hopefully this will end well. Really enjoying this. Imagine the look on command's face when they realize what's going on. Also, here's some music))
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 05:09:10 pm by Parisbre56 »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12115 on: February 14, 2013, 05:41:37 am »

((I think this is more The Core, myself, what with the cutting lasers. :P))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12116 on: February 14, 2013, 06:06:23 am »

Jim attempts to use his MMAmp to press the button that would close the door to the mines from up here while the others took care of the irises.

SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12117 on: February 14, 2013, 06:10:29 am »

((The Core doesn't have the whole vertical launch platform thing in it, if I remember correctly.

Oh, and, music, you say?))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12118 on: February 14, 2013, 06:28:13 am »

((The Core doesn't have the whole vertical launch platform thing in it, if I remember correctly.

Oh, and, music, you say?))
((It does have the riding outward on the wave of a nuclear blast though. Plus the whole thing about a commanding officer more interested in the mission and secrecy than the lives of the people down below.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12119 on: February 14, 2013, 06:34:47 am »

Stacy, still quite shaken up (quite literally, in fact) from his experience, mumbles mostly to himself as he tries to configure the manipulator once again.

"Sweet, sweet escape. Such a marvelous dream you are, so close and yet so far."

Use the MFM to create lines of heat to slice up and help shred the iris above.

((This mission seems to have turned rather awesome rather quickly.))
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 06:39:03 am by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 ... 806 807 [808] 809 810 ... 1256