Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 808 809 [810] 811 812 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3882049 times)

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Worst bombsquad in the galaxy
« Reply #12135 on: February 14, 2013, 01:26:47 pm »

((Shit, no time to read))

assist miyamoto
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12136 on: February 14, 2013, 02:00:02 pm »

((Alternatively, block and seal the door to the hospital block. It won't matter if the graveyard decompresses, the corpses are already dead. Once you've done that you can start thinking of how to block the door below before punching through the iris above to even more air.

Of course, someone would first have to remember the danger of the suicidal nuclear physician in-character...))

((Wait, I was under the assumption that we were just below the iris to the hospital floor, ergo we can't see the door. Like this:

--------Hospital floor
Iris
[Elevator]
Mecha Jet engine

If this is correct, opening the iris will expose the hospital before we can shut it of (assuming we left the door between the elevator and the hospital open on our way down.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12137 on: February 14, 2013, 02:03:31 pm »

((It'll take some time for all that air to escape.  Do it quick and Mr. Doctor won't just keel over.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12138 on: February 14, 2013, 02:06:28 pm »

((I sort of assumed the irises only closed off the "top" of a floor, else there wouldn't be just one iris in the way, there'd be two over a short period. And you wouldn't be in any actual danger of being nuked at the moment, though Miyamoto would have trouble keeping you lot level on that platform while somebody devises a clever plan to open the iris without decompressing the hospital floor.

ninja edit: plus, yes, there'd be some time to shut the doors before the atmosphere escapes, but that would require you all to successfully slow down once you're through the iris.))

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12139 on: February 14, 2013, 02:11:10 pm »

((We just passed two irises. The one Lukas tore to shreds and the one Flint tore to shreds. I thought the first one was on the ceiling of level 6 (mining) and the second one was on the floor of level 5 (hospital and graveyard). If that is not the case then that means there are more than two irises between each level, which I find a bit strange.

EDIT:And here's a map for your convenience
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
))
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 02:34:39 pm by Parisbre56 »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12140 on: February 14, 2013, 02:32:09 pm »

(I'm inclined to agree with Paris's thoughts on this one. Also, if closing the mining door with the MMA works, then I can just try that on the hospital door too as we pass that by and hopefully there won't be any problems from the nuke. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12141 on: February 14, 2013, 02:51:21 pm »

((Well, since there could be a nuke going off under us, I can only offer two words.

Project Orion.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12142 on: February 14, 2013, 02:54:51 pm »

((Assuming there are no more irises above the hospital level, you really want to get off on the residential floor. Otherwise the nuke's compression wave will put that platform along with your splattered corpses through the roof of the colony like a potato gun.))

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12143 on: February 14, 2013, 03:03:10 pm »

((Plus our robot buddies may want to get out from under it at that point.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12144 on: February 14, 2013, 03:38:18 pm »

((Assuming there are no more irises above the hospital level, you really want to get off on the residential floor. Otherwise the nuke's compression wave will put that platform along with your splattered corpses through the roof of the colony like a potato gun.))
((Excuse my lack of knowledge but how will the power from the explosion get transferred to the elevator if there is a vacuum below? I thought the greatest danger in nuclear explosions was sound waves. In my opinion the greatest danger in our case is cavern collapse.

It would be really "fun" (in an "oh my god what have I done" kind of way) though if we got propelled to space by the explosion and someone aboard the Sword noticed a bunch of pulverized bodies drifting through space... I'm gonna do some calculations and see if an eighth of a kiloton can propel something to space!

Spoiler: EDIT:Results (click to show/hide)
))
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 07:34:43 pm by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12145 on: February 14, 2013, 03:46:40 pm »

((Excuse my lack of knowledge but how will the power from the explosion get transferred to the elevator if there is a vacuum below? I thought the greatest danger in nuclear explosions was sound waves. In my opinion the greatest danger is cavern collapse.

It would be really "fun" (in an "oh my god what have I done" kind of way) though if we got propelled to space by the explosion and someone aboard the Sword noticed a bunch of pulverized bodies drifting through space... I'm gonna do some calculations and see if an eighth of a kiloton can propel something to space!))

((Now that you mention it, how could there be a rapid compression wave if there is nothing (like air) left to compress? And if this is true, then that would leave only thermal energy, most of which would go toward the ground and the ceiling of the hospital level, not leaving much to go around for us, and if it did, our suits are pretty well-insulated and stuff (can handle molten metal levels of heat without much issue), and radiation, which we are somewhat protected against.

Or at least that would be the case if my general idea of how explosions work is correct.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12146 on: February 14, 2013, 03:50:34 pm »

((Considering that a nuke doesn't explode so much as it releases a whole lot of energy... yeah, perhaps my colorful description was wrong. It might vaporize some amount of material, but that won't be enough for a serious compression wave. In that case, all you really have to do is punch forward and let the nuke do its thing - with any luck, it'll melt the walls behind you and seal the passage.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12147 on: February 14, 2013, 04:40:34 pm »

((Nuke in vacuum, the only real hazard is a large amount of hard X-rays. Which, in atmosphere, are what create the thermal effect, ie. fireball, as well as the blast wave.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12148 on: February 14, 2013, 05:35:53 pm »

((First off all, we're still not sure if there is a nuke here at all. PW could just be messing with us for all we know. Secondly, we don't know where the nuke, if it exists, is located. If it's close enough to the elevator, then it could still do enough damage (through radiation) to kill or harm us.

Now, assuming there is indeed a nuke and it is sufficiently far away, I think there are 3 scenario's:
-Something goes wrong, hospital gets vacuumed and nuke goes off, but doesn't do enough damage to give TPK
-We do things right for a change, hospital stays nicely pressurized, thus no nuke ever goes off.
-Jim closes door to mining level, but nuke still goes off (due to that doctor dying from his wounds, or because there is 'enough vacuum' in the elevator shaft to lower air pressure enough to suffocate him), in which case we're probably all doomed.))
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 05:38:14 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12149 on: February 14, 2013, 09:42:10 pm »

((Keep in mind, he said he only had a 1/8 bomb, not the full deal thing. Hopefully, we might be far enough away from it to survive the blast.))

Grab a mining laser and help slice that iris open!
Pages: 1 ... 808 809 [810] 811 812 ... 1256