Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 807 808 [809] 810 811 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3884835 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Worst bombsquad in the galaxy
« Reply #12120 on: February 14, 2013, 06:38:41 am »

((The Core doesn't have the whole vertical launch platform thing in it, if I remember correctly.

Oh, and, music, you say?))
((It does have the riding outward on the wave of a nuclear blast though. Plus the whole thing about a commanding officer more interested in the mission and secrecy than the lives of the people down below.))

((I'm just still getting Voyage to the Center of the Earth much more strongly than The Core.

Also, The Core unabashedly tramples over quite a bit of science.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12121 on: February 14, 2013, 06:44:14 am »

((The Core doesn't have the whole vertical launch platform thing in it, if I remember correctly.

Oh, and, music, you say?))
((It does have the riding outward on the wave of a nuclear blast though. Plus the whole thing about a commanding officer more interested in the mission and secrecy than the lives of the people down below.))

((I'm just still getting Voyage to the Center of the Earth much more strongly than The Core.

((Heh. Doesn't the HMRC deal with things that trample over large bits of conventional science on a daily basis? :P

But I guess I primarily get The Core from this because I've seen it, and haven't seen Voyage. >_> ))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12122 on: February 14, 2013, 06:47:51 am »

((But I guess I primarily get The Core from this because I've seen it, and haven't seen Voyage. >_> ))
((Sorry for the confusion, my bad. I actually ment Journey to the center of the earth by Joules Vern. Words in English and translation... Bah.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12123 on: February 14, 2013, 06:53:13 am »

((Oh, Jules Verne. Quite possibly one of the most interesting cases of Science Marches On in literature. You get stuff like space rockets in his works, but then you also get bringing down asteroids from orbit through the use of a device constructed of mirrors and steel bars one guy built and left in his room.))
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 09:01:38 am by Harry Baldman »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12124 on: February 14, 2013, 08:20:01 am »

Miyamoto, Team c leader, Glorified jet engine.

"Thank you ladies and gentlemen for flying with RoboCrazy airlines. Please remember that smoking is not allowed on this flight, and to keep your limbs inboard at all times. Now, to your left and right you will notice the authentic elevator wall, carved from truly ancient rock, while directly above you you may notice the metal iris that is going to crush you all dead.
Have a nice day."

Slow down, slam feet into wall to brace myself and keep the elevator at the same altitude while minimizing fuel usage. Also check fuel levels.

"Lucas, need a hand here please!"

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12125 on: February 14, 2013, 08:55:19 am »

Miyamoto, Team c leader, Glorified jet engine.

Slow down, slam feet into wall to brace myself and keep the elevator at the same altitude while minimizing fuel usage. Also check fuel levels.
((Awww... But I want to fly some mooore... Please robo-rocket-man please please please? I'll be a good boy I promise!
Seriously though, maybe we should keep on going because of the possible nuke in this floor that may or may not go off if Jim fails to close the door.
Plus you've probably already broken the elevator's mechanisms so one way or the other you're lifting us up.
And I really want to see command's reaction to this.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12126 on: February 14, 2013, 09:06:08 am »

Team B Almost Corpse Leader

Milno was exhausted. And it felt as if he was about to sleep at any time, the mix of a borderline overdose and the physical memory of what had just happened ressonating inside him like a bad alarm clock. "...I really hate being sick, you know. Always did."

He wasn't even sure if he really had been able to voice that past the wall of numbness and the drug-addled haze that took over his vision and a great part of his senses whilst his mind and brain seemed to be considering whether to shut down or not. He wasn't sure if he could move at all, but that wouldn't stop him from at least trying...

If possible, assume defensive position, aka get cocooned in the avatar's cloak and prepare for impact.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12127 on: February 14, 2013, 09:10:30 am »

((Time to rely on the only thing I'm good for.))

"Dear Algis, protect this rocket elevator and all those who dwell within the rocket elevator!"

Stand on something to reach the ceiling (teammates acceptable) and draw a White Circle of Algis on the elevator ceiling, then another on the floor, walls, etc.  Pray.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12128 on: February 14, 2013, 10:47:52 am »

(I'm very intently watching the carnage unfold. Also, Pyro is right: Hyperion:Unlimited is always accepting new players for me to maim in the most comedic and violent manner possible.)
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12129 on: February 14, 2013, 10:49:26 am »

Thomas sighed, relieved that they were finally leaving the lower level. Then he looked up.
"Damn it... I almost miss killing people..."
Send a single, near 0 power laser shot at the iris. If it reflects, give up and be mopey. If it doesn't, turn up the power and help burn through.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12130 on: February 14, 2013, 11:58:57 am »

If someone could get me up to the level of an iris before the elevator gets near it, I could attempt to blow it open. Otherwise, I'm pointless here, the only other weapon I have that would damage it in any meaningful way would not be something you want me using.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12131 on: February 14, 2013, 12:23:32 pm »

Seriously though, maybe we should keep on going because of the possible nuke in this floor that may or may not go off if Jim fails to close the door.
Plus you've probably already broken the elevator's mechanisms so one way or the other you're lifting us up.

((I'm halting the lift so that you guys have time to open the iris. y'know, so that ya'll don't get squished like a bug on the windshield in the event of consecutive bad rolls. And we also still need to figure out a solution to the whole vacuum-hospital level thing.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12132 on: February 14, 2013, 12:27:58 pm »

(I'm trying to press the button since that didn't go through last turn for whatever reason. >.> If that fails, I'm probably going to attempt to use my amps to either lift the elevator or blow open the blocks, haven't decided which would be more feasible yet.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12133 on: February 14, 2013, 12:41:07 pm »

((Alternatively, block and seal the door to the hospital block. It won't matter if the graveyard decompresses, the corpses are already dead. Once you've done that you can start thinking of how to block the door below before punching through the iris above to even more air.

Of course, someone would first have to remember the danger of the suicidal nuclear physician in-character...))
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 12:42:55 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #12134 on: February 14, 2013, 01:10:19 pm »

Pancaek - Team C cripple

"Little spoon, time to unite our powers!"

Pray to Sambō-Kōjin and Help Stacy with my MFM by also sending up lines of heat to slice the Iris
Pages: 1 ... 807 808 [809] 810 811 ... 1256