Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 679 680 [681] 682 683 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3938358 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed: 73
« Reply #10200 on: December 04, 2012, 01:36:46 pm »

"Shit, SHIT!

GUYS! They think we're from deeper below, the heavy firepower and the suits must have made them think we're miners! That's why they won't give us the time of day, they think we're the even crazier people from down below! The ones that sealed off the comms and blew up the ways out! To think he was actually right about miners being a hostile faction...

STOP! FIRING! If we can explain to them that we're not the lunatics from deeper down, they might actually believe us!"

"Actually, I believe that 'Deeper scum!' was aimed at me and used more as an insult, as in the sense that miners are considered part of some caste with lower social standing or something then whatever them blueshirts are. And I don't think military battlesuits look anything like mining exosuits. I say the only way to make them surrender is to prove we are superior to them for they have become like a pack of wild animals and thus we must treat them as such. Unless you have brought some sleeping gas or something with you, this cannot be done without spilling some blood. Anyway, you've seen the badges, you know what they did. They're probably responsible for much of the damage done to this colony. Do you actually feel sorry for them? I mean, I too don't want to kill anyone, hell I've never even directly killed anyone in my whole long life but I won't hesitate to do so now in order to stop those scum."
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 01:46:10 pm by Parisbre56 »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10201 on: December 04, 2012, 01:59:12 pm »

"Actually, I believe that 'Deeper scum!' was aimed at me and used more as an insult, as in the sense that miners are considered part of some caste with lower social standing or something then whatever them blueshirts are. And I don't think military battlesuits look anything like mining exosuits. I say the only way to make them surrender is to prove we are superior to them for they have become like a pack of wild animals and thus we must treat them as such. Unless you have brought some sleeping gas or something with you, this cannot be done without spilling some blood. Anyway, you've seen the badges, you know what they did. They're probably responsible for much of the damage done to this colony. Do you actually feel sorry for them? I mean, I too don't want to kill anyone, hell I've never even directly killed anyone in my whole long life but I won't hesitate to do so now in order to stop those scum."
"Really, you think that while squatting in their plague-morgue fortress trading shots with heavily armed enemies, they're making fun of your social status? Remember that the very aboveground carnage involved these suits and mining equipment, and I doubt they're in the mood for making distinctions between different models of exoskeleton or methods of heavy weaponry. They're not that reasonable, I'll admit.

As for 'showing them that we're superior,' that's completely baseless for at least three reasons. One, they've got no reason to think we're going to negotiate with them later; murdering everyone who shoots back at us is more likely to convince them that we're going to murder everyone period than that they'd better cut a deal. I mean, do you really think they believe us now? You think they're shooting at us because they'd rather stay in this hellhole and starve to death than come with us?

Two, when exactly would we negotiate with them? Thus far we've returned fire instantly every time they've fired on us, which is also every time we've noticed them. Who exactly is going to be left if we 'show them who's boss' or whatever euphemism you'd like for killing anyone who gets in our way?

Three, what is that supposed to mean? You're gonna go all vigilante now and just murder everyone in here who's left because they were probably somehow related to murdering everyone who was killed before we got here to take over for them?

Finally, what's the harm? It's not like we're in a hurry, yet you all want to jump to the conclusion that these people absolutely need to die?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #10202 on: December 04, 2012, 02:02:13 pm »

"The rebel scum do seem quick to shoot our people. I find it hard to believe they are sane enough to even understand any attempts at diplomacy. But hey, not my call, I'll just watch the cat out of the tree until I get orders."

stand ready to move if given orders

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10203 on: December 04, 2012, 02:13:30 pm »

"Fine, you go ahead with your plan but if all this waiting results in the harm of a teammate know that you will be responsible."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10204 on: December 04, 2012, 03:25:47 pm »

"It's okay Thomas, I'm a Doctor!"
Flee to cover with Thomas, use emergency kit on wound.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10205 on: December 04, 2012, 04:22:26 pm »

'Faith, please try to see the reality of the situation. Remember when I played my sound file? The one stating who we were, why were here and that we're a rescue party? Cause they sure as hell did, and they immediately started shooting when they saw us. Besides, who says we need to murder them when we breach the Fort? Cause as long as they don't have any heavier weaponry than those gauss rifles, me and Lucas could just walk right up to the lot of them, break all their frakking limbs and shove 'em in a transport. But as long as they think they're safe in their little fortress, they won't surrender. If we get in close though, we negate their biggest advantage, while strongly emphasizing our own, namely superior firepower and armor. I have analysed the situation, and I really don't see an alternative.

But again, I too want to save these people, so I'll give you exactly one more chance at diplomacy. If that fails though, we ARE going through with the current plan.'

Give mining laser to Flint. Try to stop Feyri from peeking out from the door. Build a shield from the metal debris.

Feyri, they have a severe height advantage. And very good cover. And possibly multiple snipers locked in on this doorway. Even if you managed to hit a few of them, this is a surefire way of getting a bullet through your brain. and I'm not letting that happen.

On the mission control channel: 'Command, could you arrange us a bunch of restraining equipment, like handcuffs or straitjackets?'
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 04:27:16 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed: 104
« Reply #10206 on: December 04, 2012, 04:23:45 pm »

Teams A and B
Jim goes ahead and does what he was going to do if someone fired a rocket: attempt to turn it around with his amp.
You sit up with some difficulty, your legs not quite behaving like you expect them to, and catch sight of the rocket as it reaches the halfway point in it's flight toward your team mates. Your brain isn't quite feeling better yet but...well...shit.
[exo:1+1+1]
You reach out, struggling through the pain and try to send the rocket back where it came from. It becomes immediately obvious that you're not gonna be able to manage that, so you do the best you can: You alter it's path as much as you can,  steering it off course. A moment later it impacts and expends it's fury on a wall a dozen feet from the doorway. You smile, mentally, and fall back onto the ground.

"Fuckers."

INCOMING!

Get away from the doorway sharpish, into cover in the courtyard. Load Razorwire shell, and fire into the breach on the left building. Use manual override if the round goes too far off course and endangers a team member.
You load a shell and run straight into the courtyard, taking cover behind an "L" shaped planter box to the left of the entrance. You load your razorwire shell as the rocket detonates against a wall nearby and take careful aim at the building on the left

[con:5]
You aim carefully, calculating the parabola in your head, and fire. The shell arcs perfectly over the barren courtyard and toward the building. Just before it hits, you press the manual detonation button and the resulting perfect airburst hurls razorwire shrapnel in a homicidal sphere. A dozen of the distant scurrying shapes suddenly fall.

Hey I've been shot.
"DAMN THAT STINGS!!"
Get away from death boom, if i fail at getting away, shoot the death boom.
Still holding your shoulder you run back, deeper into the hallway, turning around only when you here the explosion and look back to see things unchanged.

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"...damn it!"
Try and assess Milno's wound as he goes away.
"Get back here!  Fine!  I'll go tend to the others, they probably want my help more anyway!"
Get back to the team.  AFTER the rocket has arrived.
You try to treat milno  but he pushes you away and rockets into the sky.

"Yeah, no, I just ran here through a hail of bullets to have a chat!
Ingrates."

(In the timeline here this turn only goes a few seconds after the rocket hits so I'll let you start running next turn)

((@SerCon: You are on the other side of the building, by the way, on the back garden. The rocket was launched from the front, so we can probably hear both it and our teammates' screams, but not pinpoint. Also, I'm afraid you'll get a feedback event.))

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Milno sighed before preparing to fly away from the garden and garbage.
"Jim, you shouldn't have come, you know. But anyway..."

Dash to the area over the top of the building and to the direction the rocket is going afterwards, dashing at total speed (using short bursts of speed from the dash system and cutting off the accel to prevent flying like a crazy man) then try to line up a shot at the rocket, preferentially getting to Short range on it to make it strike true. Activate EMM as well, just in case there is a need to dodge something.

If there are any allies that would be hit by the rounds while trying to intercept the rocket or if it is too late, then don't shoot and fire at the bastard with the rocket launcher instead.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
Rather then marking where you want to go you mark the half way point, screaming up to that point at full speed and then slowing yourself manually until you're hovering above the building. It takes a moment of searching but you find the man with the rocket launcher-he's not the same one as before-and take aim.
[con:3+2+1] You empty 5 rounds into the fucker at reasonably short range, tearing him, his weapon, and the floor beneath him into medium sized chunks. His comrades look up at you in surprise and take aim. They don't quite have time to fire though because they and the entire balcony they're on detonate in a fireball a moment later. For the second time in as many minutes you catch an explosive shockwave and are sent tumbling, this time bellyflopping into the massive video screen on the ceiling. You're unhurt, but you do leave a milno shaped imprint on the screen.

"Algis, shield us!  Pathmas, we ask for your favor!"

Take cover anywhere there is cover!  Once nice and covered and not blown into gibs by the rocket, return fire!

You step out into the field of battle, praying and preaching aloud as you move to cover behind a "L" shaped planter box to the right of the entrance. Once relatively safely in cover you unload the other half of your magazine. 
[con:6+1]
You close one eye and bite your tongue as you aim and fire your shots taking down a few distant shapes. With one last round in the chamber you notice milno and the men aiming at him, as well as the unmistakable, if distant, shape of a rocket launcher with a rocket on it's tip. You take aim, hold your breath, steady your hands, and fire. The entire balcony goes up in a burst of fire and shrapnel.

"May!"
Thomas stops firing to scoop up May and run away from the rocket.
[str:6]
You let your rifle drop and drag behind you as you bend low and scoop may off the ground, running with her in your arms until you here the rocket go off. When this happens and you realize you aren't dead, you turn back around and see everything unchanged. Huh.

"Blast it! Jim, I'll be with you as soon as I can, just give me one second here to deal with those snipers."

Use the Microwave Field Manipulator, hit the largest cluster of enemies/anyone with better weaponry. Do NOT fire too close to any teammates, as I don't completely trust my aim.

"One of these days I'm going to actually conduct successful diplomacy on a mission. Probably not today though..."

((Why was my action ignored?))

"Missile! Fall back!"

Try to use my MFM to blow up that missile in mid-air if there's time, jump back away from the door regardless.
(Less ignored and more I missed you or the forum just decided not to insert your quote when I was gathering the posts or my exhaustion addled brain saw it but didn't quote it. Whatever the case, I'm sorry. Because I missed that, I'm going to ignore your current post-missile missing, as you can tell-and let you murder mans now.)

[uncon:4]

The only place you can see any significant concentration of men is on the second floor of the right building, so you decide that that should be your target. You aim your physics bending attack toward the vague glimpses of motion behind the windows and summon up a thin sheet of high heat at what you assume is about neck height. It seems fairly effective, as what was a thick cluster of movement suddenly becomes a thin cluster of people running the hell away.

"It's okay Thomas, I'm a Doctor!"
Flee to cover with Thomas, use emergency kit on wound.

It's sort of hard to administer medicine on yourself while being carried.

The returning fire from the buildings has almost completely stopped. It seems as though the resistance has been mostly taken care of.

Team C and D

((So finished re-reading...I took quick peeks instead of using my scoped gauss rifle instead to determine where shooters are? :/))

Feyri Nirel ; Team C Mercenary Scout

"We've visible, they see us, we're in the darn open if we make a move out other than exit through the entrance we came...

"Can someone provide me cover as I take down the shooter? I don't like his style. He took out our white flag."

"Right, I counted 12 windows so there's at least that many shooters. How many did you just nail Lukas? If we are gonna go, we need to go NOW!" Bishop stated, slapping the idiot who brought out a datapad up the back of the helmet in the middle of a fight.

"The more the merrier then. I'll get their attention, you people MOVE!"

Scope out the nearest window and fire two shots into it - unless any ranged hostiles are seen where I fire into them instead, all the while using my broken shield as cover along with the cover I'm in currently while going along with the team's plan.

Spoiler: Team C and D (click to show/hide)
(multiple reasons. First, scope out is slang for looking, not necessarily having to do with a scope. Second, you couldn't see more with the scope then just looking with your naked eye. You'd just see shadowy movement more up close. Third, is seemed a bit odd to be talking about peace while actively pointing a gun at them, not exactly good for negotiations. Forth, peaking out without having to line up the scope is faster, less chance of getting shot. Fifth, pretty much all the windows have movement behind them, like I said, so you'd actually have a harder time NOT shooting someone through the window, then actually hitting them. Also no, your scope is a normal scope as I stated when you bought it. If you wanted some sort of fancy futuristic stuff like having it be linked to your faceplate (which you can't actually see) then you should have asked for that. Would have been more expensive though.)

"The rebel scum do seem quick to shoot our people. I find it hard to believe they are sane enough to even understand any attempts at diplomacy. But hey, not my call, I'll just watch the cat out of the tree until I get orders."

stand ready to move if given orders

Name:Flint/Shielded Miner - Team C - PD entrance

This is it. I've had enough.

"Okay team, you heard the man, we're moving out. Remember, these are thugs, criminals, taking advantage of others, killing innocents. One day some of you may have been like them. However, now is the time for you to redeem yourselves, by devoting yourselves to the greater good. By subduing them, we not only complete our objectives, but we eliminate a force of evil in this colony, taking revenge for the lives they have taken and the chaos they have sowed. So, spoon squad, MOVE OUT!"

There may still be a chance that some of them would surrender, but for now they had to fight.

Follow the leader's plan. Give rousing speech. Take laser from Miyamoto if he's still giving it. Use one of the corpses like charcoal to scribble "We mean you no harm" on the shield.

Team D Leader Faith, Police Station

"Shit, SHIT!

GUYS! They think we're from deeper below, the heavy firepower and the suits must have made them think we're miners! That's why they won't give us the time of day, they think we're the even crazier people from down below! The ones that sealed off the comms and blew up the ways out! To think he was actually right about miners being a hostile faction...

STOP! FIRING! If we can explain to them that we're not the lunatics from deeper down, they might actually believe us!"

Try to prevent teammates from returning fire.

Remaining crouched down to one side of the door with the others, Jobasio decided to make the most of the team's hesitation. He slung his rifle over a shoulder, pulled out his datapad and began to open up a new file as the others made ready about him, hefting plates of metal and talking.
'I bloody hope this thing has a drawing feature...'

>Utilize the time before we move out by making a new file on my datapad.
Draw up a conceptual design for a bullet-proof shield, made to fit over the front of a scoped gauss rifle and clip into place so that only the rifle's barrel and scope protrude from the other side, allowing the user a great deal of protection whilst allowing them to pick targets and fire freely.
When not in use, the shield can be carried strapped to the back, with the rifle hanging over a shoulder. Glance at the scoped gauss rifles used by the team if I need any inspiration.

>Once everyone else gets their backsides into gear, quickly save the design, put the datapad away and get out my rifle. Step up to the moving shield and get ready to advance as described earlier.

"Fine, try to explain to them. But if they don't stop shooting, it's go time.

I'll cover you Feyri, you stay behind Lukas until you get near cover. Then keep us covered while we move forward."

Wait for Faith to try and talk to the gangers, but if it fails, cover Feyri while she moves in the open.
Team D - Lukas - PD

Lukas shouts back to Bishop: "I have no idea. I didn't really count. Let's get the rest of them!"

Lukas activates his laser droids, picks up a piece of metal to protect himself and moves out of cover while holding out his 'gauss canon arm' to return fire to any attacker. He tries to move closer to the welded door.

The combined teams, minus faith who continues to yell about trying to negotiate Bishop who sides with her, and sambo who is to busy choking on his own blood, move out, Miyamoto and Lukas in front and the others holding up meta shields or crouching behind their teammates. Strangely, disturbingly, no one fires on them. Their walk across the courtyard is utterly silent and they reach the welded and barricaded doorway without a single shot being fired at them. Feyri takes potshots at the windows but it's impossible to tell what kind of effect they had as the shells tear through the gaps in the armored shutters.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10207 on: December 04, 2012, 04:31:33 pm »

[Team B Leader=Milno]

"All of you, stop firing, take cover and rest for the moment." Milno says through the comms. "I'll see if they are willing to surrender now. If they aren't, well. We can finish them after you have taken care of your nicks and scratches."

Fly down to a spot near their windows, activating the EMM if there's any hostile movement, and blare at full volume through the external speakers:

"Surrender now  or you will all die, fucking lemmings. We are here on a rescue mission, and you shot first."

"Lay down your weapons and let me talk to your leader, for god's sake. Will I need to use finger paintings for you to understand the fact we ARE HERE TO TAKE YOU TO SAFETY? At least STOP. SHOOTING. Or we will turn all the remainder of your forces into fine paste."

If they refuse surrender/negotiation/talking or just keep shooting like retards, then just snatch some of the gauss weapons of the deceased from the floor undearneath, activate the EMM and start to spread carnage, again. Search for the big guy and shoot him down. Fire the Prototype on single-shot.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 11:17:18 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10208 on: December 04, 2012, 04:32:13 pm »

Jim tries to minimize his profile and protects his chest area as best as he can, hunkering down to avoid attention and let his brain rest.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10209 on: December 04, 2012, 04:35:26 pm »

These are working wonderfully.

Move to Jim's position and check him, Load chemical incendiary shell, prepare to fire on the biggest cluster of still-living targets if they refuse surrender. Message Command:

Any idea who these "Blueshirts" are?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 04:37:16 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10210 on: December 04, 2012, 04:42:18 pm »

((Goddamnit, I was just too late with my action. Now the whole plan is ruined! RUINED D:

Also, I didn't realize Sambo was that seriously injured))

'Faith, you look after Sambo, make sure he doesn't choke or bleeds out. Rest of the team, on me!'

Give Laser rifle to Flint. Tear/punch open wall a dozen or so meters to the left or right from the welded doors. Look around with normal, then heat vision upon entering. If anyone with a heavy weapon is present, boost over there and kinetic-punch them if they try to fire it. If there are hostiles with weapons too light to pierce my armor, boost over to them, grab their arms and use them as a shield. Say following:

'We are not from this colony! We are an investigation squad trying to help you lot. Lay down your weapons NOW!'
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 05:43:35 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10211 on: December 04, 2012, 04:47:02 pm »

Team D Leader Faith, Police Entrance

"...damn it, now they're up to something," Faith muttered, looking over at Sambo. He really deserved this...

Examine Sambo's wounds. Try to figure out if he needs help, and if so, if it's the sort of help I can give without opening up my suit.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10212 on: December 04, 2012, 04:48:32 pm »

Examine Sambo's wounds. Try to figure out if he needs help, and if so, if it's the sort of help I can give without opening up my suit.
((Bow chicka wow wow.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10213 on: December 04, 2012, 04:49:22 pm »

"O Ingram, we bless you for the guidance of our ordinance!  Thank you, Pathmas, for your divine splendor!"

Reload while continuing to sing praises.

((Also I totally credit that shot to divine guidance.))
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 04:51:54 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #10214 on: December 04, 2012, 04:54:03 pm »

[Team A Ignored Medic - Mesk]

"You alright, Jim?  Try and stay out of sight, alright?  I'm going to see what I can do for the rest of the team."
Run back to the group, same way I came.  Mutter creative insults under my breath.
Pages: 1 ... 679 680 [681] 682 683 ... 1256