Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 661 662 [663] 664 665 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942927 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed:0 (!)
« Reply #9930 on: November 29, 2012, 09:55:46 pm »

Chill out and wait for everyone to get on the elevator, then send it down to the next level.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9931 on: November 29, 2012, 11:30:41 pm »

Team A
Jim takes both rings (the silver w/ amethyst and the platinum w/ emerald) and heads back to the main elevator. Once there, he opened a private channel to Feyri. "Feyri? James here. We're doing all right here as well. Where are you, and is anything going on there?" he asked, concerned by what exactly she meant about sealing doors. To Bruce, he said, "...That depends on her. She's kind of a difficult woman to read at times... but then, aren't they all?" he said, trying to play the question off as a joke.

(Based on Remalle's findings, I'm thinking we're in the testing grounds of an engineered virus here. Wow, I totally didn't see his post where he said the exact same thing. ^^^; So yeah... I agree with him. It sounds like a reason they would drag the HMRC in; if it's still viable and we get killed, no one cares, it's the HMRC; if it doesn't kill us and we figure out that this was a 'planned' accident, who's going to listen to us, we're HMRC... assuming we even say or get a chance to say anything about it anyway.

Also, Tir. While none of that dialogue in the jewelry shop was being broadcast to anyone, if Feyri could hear him over the video feed then wouldn't she hear everything he, Faith, and Bruce said? :P)
[Team A: Bruce]
"I'm just thinking, you might not both make it, a short marrige is better than no marrige. Am i over stepping any boundries?"
Follow the leader.
[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"I'm not liking what I'm seeing with those bodies..."
Git to da elevator!
"Well, I've got a theory, but I don't have enough evidence to back it up, yet.  And... I don't feel like saying it out loud."

(Seems to me the plague is UWM-created, by the fact that it seems to be engineered and they don't want us looking to closely at it.  Probably has something to do with the data chip Simus got - maybe the UWM wanted the colony destroyed and emptied, so they could send their soldiers in to look for it unimpeded.  Mesk can't say this out loud without being shocked, of course.)

Team A, It's leader now totting some sweet bling, wanders back to the main elevator and make ready to go. As they wait, jim mulls over the pros and cons of proposing marriage in a plague ridden colony full of corpses.

"Well...it would be pretty unforgettable..."

Team B

[Team B Leader=Milno=Entertainment District > Elevator]

"Area clear, get moving to the next level." Milno says, taking a last look around before moving on with his team towards the lift.

Elevator, press button if no one else does.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)

"Yes, your incredibleness," Brother Lars intones, addressing Milno.

Moonwalk back to the elevator and get ready to ride down.

[Team B Leader=Milno=Entertainment District]

Thomas just follows, glancing around to check on May occasionally.

"Hm? Alright, let me take a look."

Briefly examine a couple of the plague corpses, then get to the elevator.
[med:1+1
Kyle joins up with the team and takes a brief look at the corpses. Unfortunately he doesn't see anything special in them before Milno puts him in a headlock and drags him and the rest of the team to the Main elevator.

"Come on, Maggots. You wanna live forever?"

Team C

Miyamoto, Team C leader, Main elevator
Spoiler: Team C (click to show/hide)

Get to the main elevator, wait for the rest of the team to gather, go down once everyone is here.

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Storage Elevator.

"Hey, Flint, keep me covered here, just in case I accidentally make the elevator fall down."

Examine red lights, ponder their significance. See if there's any way I can open the iris, possibly by manipulating the red lights. If that fails, just say nuts to that and go to the elevator. Be ready to leap out in case the elevator starts falling.

Pancaek- team C

"Whoo boy, the plot thickens. What a great big interesting mystery, eh?...I almost hate this place more than our previous mission"

Pancaek ponders for a moment, having a short, yet vivd 'nam flashback to murderbot, murderbot extreme, evil tommy and shiva bot

"Almost"

Go stand with Miyamoto at the main elevator

Name:Flint - Team C - Storage Elevator
"Hey, Flint, keep me covered here, just in case I accidentally make the elevator fall down."
In evil voice: "Yesss. Yesss. I'll keep you covered... I certainly don't want something bad to happen to you now do I? *evil maniac laughter*."

Get ready to catch Stacy if the elevator falls (or if any other bad thing happens) and then "accidentally" drop him.

Stacy, after several minutes of staring at the blinking red lights comes to the conclusion that perhaps they have to do with the extremely high levels of radiation in the room just above.

"Oh. Yeah. That." He mutters before grabbing Flint and awkwardly trying to push his several hundred pound ass to the main elevator. After a few seconds of running in place, grunting as flint grinds maybe a half an inch forward, Stacy stops and leans on him while he catches his breath.

"You wanna just. " He gestures toward the elevator, " You know."

Flint stares at him blankly for a moment before being struck by clarity and jogging off to the elevator while Stacy and the rest of the team join him a moment later. 

Team D

((Bwahahahaha, I was thinking about if that'd require a Will roll.))

(Seems to me the plague is UWM-created, by the fact that it seems to be engineered and they don't want us looking to closely at it.  Probably has something to do with the data chip Simus got - maybe the UWM wanted the colony destroyed and emptied, so they could send their soldiers in to look for it unimpeded.  Mesk can't say this out loud without being shocked, of course.)
((Seems likely, or else the chip contains data on the plague and we're here to get what they sent the plague for. I knew since the guy got angry at someone (you?) trying to take samples that they didn't want us knowing too much.))

Team D Leader Faith, Elevator

"Well, ready when everyone else is," Faith said, sounding unusually cheerful. Not even Mesk's talk of ominous corpses could bring her down from her good mood. She'd worry about that later.

Hum a happy tune.

Team D, Jobasio/Jack

"Well. Was that fun, Team Leader? I trust you're freshly inspired to clear out another level?"
Jobasio forced a grin, shaking his head in bewilderment as he followed with the group. His levity abruptly faded as he glanced about. "Well. We're ready, then?"

>When everyone's ready, press the button.

>Once arrived on the next level, peek out through the doors and then move out slowly, gauss rifle ready to aim at the first hint of movement outside.

Chill out and wait for everyone to get on the elevator, then send it down to the next level.
Sambo - Team D - Probably still standing around the Food Processing area.

Go to the elevator and wait for the rest of team/crew

"Pity there's nothing useful around here. Oh well, fuck it. Maybe there's a weapon shop next level down.
Command? What's on the next level anyway?"

Faith hums a happy tune, jingling her sack of loot in time to the beat. The rest of the team, much less enthused, simply waits for everyone else to board before someone slaps the down button  and things get rolling.

As the elevator descends a map flashes up on your collective viewing devices.

"Teams A and B, Government sector.  Teams C and D, Police station. Afterwards, all teams take the prison."

The elevator reaches the next floor a moment later. The area around the elevator is a sort of entrance hall or disembarking center, much  nicer looking then the others, but still just a room with three neatly labeled doorways.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9932 on: November 29, 2012, 11:37:30 pm »

Lars inspected the area.  "What now, your saintliness?  I await your command.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9933 on: November 29, 2012, 11:43:37 pm »

"All right. Government sector it is. Milno, which side do you want your team to take, east or west?" Jim asked, looking at the map on his wristpad.

Jim leads his team to the Government sector and sweeps the side Milno doesn't choose.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Choosing teams
« Reply #9934 on: November 29, 2012, 11:55:01 pm »

((Can't see the map for shits. Thanks for pointing out the directions, SC.))

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Milno takes a look at the map for a moment before motioning his team to follow him.
"I'm taking west. Come on, lemmings."

Get moving with the team to West side of the government sector.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 12:35:00 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #9935 on: November 30, 2012, 12:02:40 am »

Quote from: Simus F-I, to Miyamoto
If you could keep an eye out for any gauss pistols, clips, or ammunition not otherwise specified in the Police Station, it'd be appreciated.

Move Out!
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9936 on: November 30, 2012, 12:09:53 am »

Follow Milno!  Sing his praises over radio.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9937 on: November 30, 2012, 12:20:30 am »

[Team B Sniper: Thomas]
Follow Milno, rifle ready.

"Gotcha."
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 11:48:47 am by Spinal_Taper »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9938 on: November 30, 2012, 12:23:11 am »

((Pretty sure he means west side of the government sector, but he should probably spell that out. already did.  All hail Saint Milno!))
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 12:28:42 am by Toaster »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9939 on: November 30, 2012, 12:28:32 am »

((Pretty sure he means west side of the government sector, but he should probably spell that out.))
((Bingo. Spinal, you could have cleared that doubt over IRC, shame on you.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9940 on: November 30, 2012, 12:31:37 am »

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, 3rd Level Entrance Hall.

"Ah, the prison. Definitely a happy place. Yes sirree. Convicts versus convicts, that's the order of the day."

Go with the C an D Teams to the Police Station, watch out for traps. For real this time.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 01:08:33 am by Harry Baldman »

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #9941 on: November 30, 2012, 12:44:20 am »

Sambo - Team D - Elevator

"The coppers must have been pretty useless if they let this shit-hole get into this shape. Can we at least shoot them? It's probably their fucken fault that all those poor pricks got chopped-up upstairs anyway", says Sambo, adding inept colonial police officers to the list of "things-he-thinks-its-OK-to-laser".

Go with Team D to the police station.
It's a game. Have fun.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9942 on: November 30, 2012, 01:15:22 am »

Team C - Feyri Nirel ; Armored Mercenary ; Main Elevator
[...]

Also, Tir. While none of that dialogue in the jewelry shop was being broadcast to anyone, if Feyri could hear him over the video feed then wouldn't she hear everything he, Faith, and Bruce said? :P)
"Hey Jim, remember our promise OK? Judging by the looks of things, we're in for quite a surprise." Feyri said as the group split yet again.
((Also, my communicator is having static problems. It's when I banged the faceplate stuck :P))

"Alright! Teams C, and D, anyone with heavy armor and/or shielding, form the front ranks - anyone else with heavy firepower or long range weaponry, stay behind. I'm at least hopeful we're expecting automated defenses or probably going to see if their 'Police Station' has an armory. If the people above us died via bludgeoning, then cheers to hoping people have holed up there as a safe haven."

Feyri leads the way, shield and rifle in hand as Teams C & D head towards the Police Station.

"Can anyone with loudspeakers broadcast our intentions, please? I heard machinery before coming from the lower levels, only that and nothing more."

Spoiler: Team C (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9943 on: November 30, 2012, 01:39:32 am »

Jim opened a private channel to Feyri. "Of course I remember it. And I have something I want to give you. Don't worry about me, Feyri. I'm not going to die. You watch out for yourself, too."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9944 on: November 30, 2012, 01:40:08 am »

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Combined strike on the prison?  I don't like the sound of that..."
Follow Jim.
Pages: 1 ... 661 662 [663] 664 665 ... 1256