Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 623 624 [625] 626 627 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946805 times)

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Choosing teams
« Reply #9360 on: November 20, 2012, 06:13:13 pm »

((I tend to figure open comms is a good thing. Everything Sambo says is over over comms unless specified. Saying "to whoever" just makes it easier to see who the verbal garbage was directed to, it's still heard by the whole team unless otherwise specified, including those in your local surroundings (suit speakers are on, unless you say they're not).
I love making stupid squad policies and then not bothering to follow them myself. :) My last post should have started with Sambo=team D=wherever the hell Faith is. But it didn't.  :)  ))
It's a game. Have fun.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #9361 on: November 20, 2012, 06:20:18 pm »

[Team A - Demolitions - Simus]

Whoever it is wondering if they're missing something, excuse me for not getting your name earlier, you are indeed correct, in fact, there are several things we do not know. The exact circumstances of the executions, all we know is that they were executed, not why they were. What, exactly, the infection does, how it advances, how it's spread, what causes it, incubation time. For all we know, it may cause intense fear, paranoia, rage, or any number of things. It could advance in such a way that a quick execution is preferable to some than suffering. There are many factors that we are not aware of.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9362 on: November 20, 2012, 06:23:47 pm »

Team D Leader Faith; Temporary Storage

Sambo," Faith said sternly. "Calm. Down. Do not. Shoot things. Just relax, these are not. The enemy."

She continued staring at him. He was clearly not okay.

"Also," she said to everyone in general, "We've found several corpses that have been beaten to death. It seems the riot indeed took its toll.

Shouldn't be too surprising that there's no diseased bodies yet; presumably they'd have been disposing of those while there was any semblance of order, and not that many people would have been in the loading bay while dying of plague."

Sweep the lower right corner of Temporary Storage for anything interesting.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9363 on: November 20, 2012, 07:38:23 pm »

Name:Flint - Team C - Temporary storage, north entrance, moving to west entrance

"Perhaps... Perhaps you are right. We still need more info before we jump into conclusions. Still, I can't shake the feeling that there's something wrong here... Something wrong besides all those dead guys, anyway."

"Oh and the name's Flint, Flint Westwood. You may know me from films like 'The Good, the Bad and the Altered' or 'Fatal Armament 27: It's Still Fatal' if you've seen any old, low quality action movies from my Colony."
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 07:45:03 pm by Parisbre56 »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9364 on: November 20, 2012, 07:55:20 pm »

Team D, Jobasio; Temporary Storage

"No doubt we will find furnaces or similiar, something large where they would have disposed of the diseased dead." Jobasio kept an eye on the rest of the room as he kept pace with Faith, ignoring the bodies. He could hardly be of much use in that regard; as far as he knew they looked pretty dead and that was it.

"Sterilization sounds like a good bet in that regard. Perhaps they would have kept some form of records of just what they were sterilizing, there?" He remembered the blast furnaces of the foundries he had come from. He remembered that poor sod who had fallen in once, barely more than a child-- there was little of him left to bury.
Jobansoda blinked those thoughts away, sweeping the room with his gauss rifle as he followed the team.

>Follow Faith, watch the surroundings for hostiles.

>Try not to step on any bodies.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 08:23:30 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #9365 on: November 20, 2012, 08:12:52 pm »

No, Flint, I've never heard of you, but I can tell you that you're thinking in the correct direction.

As for the person thinking about finding a disposal point - once again, sorry, but I did not catch a name - sterilization is a possibility, but I doubt it. That sounds more like killing whatever microorganisms may be in supplies going through, but not completely annihilating everything inside. That kind of thing may be far further in.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 08:14:51 pm by PyroDesu »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9366 on: November 20, 2012, 08:29:07 pm »

"Ah, impolite of me," Jobalshio said into the comms as Simus asked his name, "Jobasio von Hootzal, at your service. And you are likely correct, I've had more experience with furnaces and foundries than with any forms of scientific equipment. I simply looked at the map of the current level for a room that looked like it could have been used as disposals."

He paused thoughtfully a moment. "Obviously by the time people were being shot in the head on suspicion of being infected, any thought of 'disposing' of the bodies was out the window... But it seems odd that they were all piled together on this level, far from any disposals point. Perhaps in its later stages, the virus was so infectious as to make transporting the bodies between levels dangerous?"
Booze is Life for Yoink

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9367 on: November 20, 2012, 08:41:49 pm »

Lars nodded to Milno and the other man... Mesk his suit read.

He then joined the radio conversation.  "It strikes me as odd that we are here in the quarantine section, and everyone here has died of violence.  I suspect a mob came through here and... well, may they rest in peace."

He spoke again to Milno.  "Saint Milno, I'm going to check further down the corridor."

Head down the corridor and check beyond the next turn.  If anyone living is seen, ask for a peaceful surrender.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #9368 on: November 20, 2012, 09:00:49 pm »

Well, as I said, an infection can do many, many things to a person, both physical and mental. I reserve judgement on what has occurred until I know more.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9369 on: November 20, 2012, 10:27:23 pm »

Team D - Bishop - Techie

"Hmm... I wonder..."

Open the suit and check the occupant for life signs. If they are alive, get them out of the suit and take them to the carriers. If they are dead, see if I can detach the laser and it's power pack from the other suit and see if I can wear it. If I can't wear it, take it down to the others. Don't let Sambo get his dirty mitts on it.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9370 on: November 20, 2012, 11:10:55 pm »

((What? No extra indiscriminate firepower? Good call :) ))

"Hey, Jobby, catch!"

Throw Jobstrapison the pry-bar. Gently, so he can catch it. Not so hard that it accidently spears him through the head.
It's a game. Have fun.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9371 on: November 20, 2012, 11:15:27 pm »

((Me sam brain break. Are you even in the same area as us Yoink? Really dumb extra action from me otherwise ))
It's a game. Have fun.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9372 on: November 20, 2012, 11:22:52 pm »

((Yeah, I think so. Also I do not forsee this ending well. :P))

Jomabango turned as he heard Sambo shout. "What are y--"
'Oh no. Physical fitness. Athletic ability. Reflexes.' Jobazzle stared at the flying pry bar as time slowed and it came towards him, thinking of all these things he lacked much of. 'Agility. People skills. Good conversat- Wait, those aren't even relevant here! Move, you moron!'

>Attempt to catch, or at least avoid, the pry bar.

>Diving out of the way is acceptable as a last-ditch option- how undignified, but at least it beats a lump of metal to the face!
Booze is Life for Yoink

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9373 on: November 20, 2012, 11:37:12 pm »

((Oh hmm, sambo maybe Australian :D Also, since he's swearing over the comms... XD))

To Everyone:"From what I'm hearing from Team A and B and what I've seen so far most people here seem to have been killed by weapons, not a disease. Anyone else find that strange? I mean if the disease came inside the base with a man wouldn't he be the first to cough and drop dead somewhere around here? Command said the disease killed more than half of the colony in three months... Perhaps I'm missing something..."

Team C - Feyri Nirel ; Armored Mercenary ; Temporary Storage

"Hey everyone. You in for some of my blind assumptions again? What bodies we've seen are all products of artificial weapons in the least - no sign of biological attacks or any deviations of the body other than what seems to be weaponry fire. I'm suspecting we've an A.I. Outbreak here - the bodies in the Hangar were cleaved in twain and the blood in mixed patterns. Crossmatching it, nothing but a heavy powered weapon (or a giant sword, heh heh) could've done it. Now, in the Temporary Storage, we've got blunt trauma being the cause of death for most of these.

"Here, we've seen most of the scenery - the constructs of containers and derelict ships - strewn apart and toppled as if a disaster struck. I bet we can safely out biological weapons, as nothing that affects the cellular level would've done this type of carnage.

"Jim and any other automaton, please check your sensors and circuitry protocol. I don't want to see anything hacking into your systems. Just to be safe. Everyone who can, turn on the infrared detectors."

Feyri took a breath before regrouping with the others and staying close to Miyamoto, holding her shield up as a guard, "If this place has any sort of anomaly, I'd bet to check the communications arrays first. Has anyone reached that area?"

Examine non-organic structures [like the containers] for the type of damage dealt along with the material composition of the object in general.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9374 on: November 20, 2012, 11:38:46 pm »

((Sambo has seemed definitely Australian to me from the moment he joined. :P Apart from the whole 'pinko' catchphrase, at least.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 623 624 [625] 626 627 ... 1256