Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 622 623 [624] 625 626 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946795 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Choosing teams
« Reply #9345 on: November 20, 2012, 04:29:11 pm »

[Team A - Demolitions - Simus]

Go and see what's in the room next to the Mess.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9346 on: November 20, 2012, 04:33:14 pm »

((That's the bathroom with nothing interesting in it.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #9347 on: November 20, 2012, 04:40:18 pm »

((Oh, good. I thought it was just me with the general internet/bay12 disruption. For future refernce, I'm GMT+10, so yeah. It's a nice morning here, or it would be if it wasn't trying to be all bright and loud and moving around and that. I think today has a hangover. ))
It's a game. Have fun.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9348 on: November 20, 2012, 05:01:04 pm »

Sorry about the lack of posts. These Gateway errors make it very hard to do large posts. We're gonna try and do two posts a day, one in the morning/early afternoon an one in the evening (for me at least) This way everyone should be able to do things and not be horribly left behind.

((Is their blood coming from the doors?))
No.
[Team B Sniper=Thomas, following Milno]
"So, guys? We're done in the bathroom, right?"
Stand out in the hall, stand guard. Once Milno leaves, follow him.
You walk out into the hall and wait around for Milno, still scanning the dark halls, just in case.
[Team B Leader=Milno]

"Bathroom. Very exciting"

Leave the room, then enter and carefully examine one of the unchecked rooms. Use the gauss rifle to push the door open and check for traps.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)

You enter the room with a 6 beside the door. The inside is a mess, the bed as been flipped and the dresser torn apart, drawers pulled out and clothing scattered. There's a pool of blood beside the dresser and a smear to the door.

[Team A Medic - Mesk ]

"Clear here.  Looks like the inhabitants were shot in the night."
Check the room one north of me.

You walk up into the same room as milno.

"Fancy meeting you here."

"Bishop here, I think this ship is clear. Keep moving."

Approach the man and check him out in more detail. See what he's holding.
You climb slowly over the cargo boxes and up to the man. He's definitely not moving. You move around him to get a better look at what he's holding. He's holding...what is that? It's a giant piece of machinery, clearly cut out of something much larger judging by all the severed supports and lose wires dangling off it.  The only indication of what it is comes from the exposed focusing chamber and lens near the front.

"Mining laser." You mutter, craning your neck to look behind the thing. A heavy electrical cable runs from the laser to the man's backpack.

Sambo=Team D= with Faith.

Check everything in the storage rooms except the dead body. See if there's any notes, anything unusual, or anything to steal.

"Looks like he was stuffed already."

((Sambo's successful police actions One: dead citizens Zero.
Sort of. :)  ))
You start going over everything, through the hundreds of smashed open crates, a task that will no doubt take hours. First crate: Empty. Second crate, empty. Third crate, small amount of plastic wrap, two pallets. Fourth crate: discarded pry bar. Fifth crate...

[Team B Albino = May, With Thomas]

Guard the hallway, swing head and MFM around like a spy with a revolver. Make occasional 'pew-pew-pew' sounds.

You strike your best charlie's angel's pose.

Name:Flint - Team C - Control booth

"Well, it was worth a shot." At least it didn't explode.

"Looks like Bishop's handling himself well enough anyway." I should move on.

"Hey, if anyone who knows how to operate these damn machines want to use it, the control booth in loading and unloading has been unlocked. Looks like it was used to control most of the cradles and cranes in this place."

Try to determine if the Control booth can view any cameras, and if it can be used to control cranes in temporary storage. (Just doing this out of curiosity. It's not like curiosity ever killed anyone.)
Then move on with the rest of the team to temp storage.
[aux:5-1]
Looks like the control panel does control which ship is in the loading and unloading area but only to the extent that it can move ships in and out on the cradle track. If it has cameras or a way to control the other arms out in the hanger, you don't see it.

You shrug and head back down stairs, joining up with Miyamoto. 

[Team A Leader Jim - Temporary Quarantine Housing]

Jim checked the papers to see what was on them.

The papers are just bits and pieces, ripped out of a book and torn up. There are a few large pieces left that you can read though.

"...n here for much longer then usual and they won't te...

"...ames us for it. But we've been in here the whole time! How could we have brou..."

"...ot out last week. He said he'd come back to talk to us but he hasn't....

Take a look through room 2 to see if there's anything interesting, if not then check out room 3.

"Not much in room 1, just an ordinary bedroom. I'll check the next couple to see if they have anything different."
Take a look through room 2 to see if there's anything interesting, if not then check out room 3.

"Not much in room 1, just an ordinary bedroom. I'll check the next couple to see if they have anything different."

Room two is much the same as room one, empty and clean and room 3 is completely empty.  Hmm, how boring.

Team D Leader Faith, Hallway

Faith let out a long sigh.

"False alarm everyone, he was dead already. Didn't think we'd find anyone alive this early on."

She then turned to Sambo.

"And no, we're not going to react with paranoid terror every time someone doesn't answer us. We're here to help them, supposedly, not give them three seconds to get their asses out of our way. And I don't think we're going to be able to avoid getting contaminated- if this thing wasn't airborne, it probably wouldn't have spread so quickly or thoroughly. Unless it was in the food or something, but either way, not touching things really isn't an option down here."

Continue on into Temporary Storage, start examining bodies for cause of death.

You head through the door to temporary storage and take a look at the bodies, running our hands over it. It doesn't take a medical genius  to see the problem: His arm is broken, as are several of his ribs, if the crunching noise when you press on his chest is any indication. You try and move his head and a similar crunching noise is the result. Beaten to death.

"Alright, then." Jobasio gave the damaged ship one last, wary glance before turning and making his way back towards the rest of the team, gauss rifle held ready at hip-level. Over comms to the others: "You found anything of note? I will join back up with you lot for now; Bishop's checking the inside of a ship."

>Leave Bishop to his fun, join back up with Faith and the rest of the team.

>Keep watch for hostiles on the way, naturally. Also try and keep an eye out incase those ship-bearing arms start moving. Infact just keep a distance from them where possible.
You join up with faith and stand over her as she examines one of the bodies, keeping an eye out for anything hostile.

Brother Lars considered the sage advice his father gave him- Never pass a chance to piss.

He then remembered the... convenience tube... built into the suit, and headed out of the restroom.

Check the room above the one Jim went in- almost directly across the hall from the bathroom.
You join milno and mesk in the increasingly cramped room.

Stacy, Team C - Hallway to Temporary Storage.

"More dead people. Seems like they were awfully keen on massacring each other."

Proceed to Temporary Storage. Keep out a watchful eye for traps, threats and threatening traps.
You link up with Miyamoto and follow him while keeping an eye open.

Miyamoto, Team C leader, Temporary storage
Spoiler: Team C and D (click to show/hide)

'Miyamoto here, just entered Temp storage, more bodies here. They're different from the previous though, be cautious when you check them. Team C, regroup at Temp storage and check these bodies, I'll recon the room.'

Look out for a good vantage point, and fly up there. Examine temp storage again from there, both normal and heat vision. Draw a small map of the room and share it with the rest of the team, if necessary.

You can't see any good vantage points, at least none you could land on: Most of the crates are piled to the ceiling and those that aren't are just loose piles that would collapse if you stood on them and wouldn't give you much of a vantage point either. You also don't have anything you could draw a map with in here. By looking around a bit you do get an idea. It seems like the room is rectangular, longer then it is wide, and separated by 4 rows of containers which form ad-hoc walls because they're stacked till they reach the ceiling. However, some of these containers have been toppled over into the "aisles" between the walls and broken into. Loose piles of these containers dot the room.

Team D, Lukas, in hallway

Lukas taps his right foot impatiently, making dents in the floor. "C'mon, he's dead and team C is already way ahead of us. Let's go, let's go!"

Lukas doesn't wait for the others and makes his way to the temporary storage room. When he sees the bodies he inspects the one nearest to him in more detail.
You pick up the nearest body in your unforgiving metal hands and examine it with as much care as you can, concentrating hard on not tearing off limbs by accident. Even with just a cursory glance you can tell this guy got beaten pretty hard, his left knee is bent backwards and his helmet has a deep dent in it.

((No, I was actually being serious about everything else I said and didn't want to emphasize it by another post.))

In the Temporary Storage...

Team C - Feyri Nirel ; Mercenary.

"Huh. Very, very strange. Examination reveals no superficial scarring or wounding. I'll see if these cameras can...zoom."

Check if suit cameras can zoom in on those bodies - if not, scope them out and examine them more.

"Will try if vocalization affects anything - whistling, that is."

If nothing found strange. Whistle in a high-pitched tone. Modify suit as to amplify the tone. Check for any change in surroundings.

You stare at the bodies, squinting. You ignore Faith and Lukas as they just walk up and start poking at the corpses and slowly sneak up on your own until you're looking down at the body with eyes wide and lips pursed with intent curiosity. The body's neck is twisted at a very awkward angle.

You whistle at it, using the suit to amplify the sound. It doesn't respond.

Faith stops her examination just long enough to look up at you, shake her head and look back down.

When You say "next" I'm not sure which you mean since there are lots of  rooms next to the mess. Um, But pretty much all of them have been explored at this point too so, eh.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9349 on: November 20, 2012, 05:02:09 pm »

Sorry about the lack of posts. These Gateway errors make it very hard to do large posts. We're gonna try and do two posts a day, one in the morning/early afternoon an one in the evening (for me at least) This way everyone should be able to do things and not be horribly left behind.

((Is their blood coming from the doors?))
No.
[Team B Sniper=Thomas, following Milno]
"So, guys? We're done in the bathroom, right?"
Stand out in the hall, stand guard. Once Milno leaves, follow him.
You walk out into the hall and wait around for Milno, still scanning the dark halls, just in case.
[Team B Leader=Milno]

"Bathroom. Very exciting"

Leave the room, then enter and carefully examine one of the unchecked rooms. Use the gauss rifle to push the door open and check for traps.

You enter the room with a 6 beside the door. The inside is a mess, the bed as been flipped and the dresser torn apart, drawers pulled out and clothing scattered. There's a pool of blood beside the dresser and a smear to the door.

[Team A Medic - Mesk ]

"Clear here.  Looks like the inhabitants were shot in the night."
Check the room one north of me.

You walk up into the same room as milno.

"Fancy meeting you here."

Approach the man and check him out in more detail. See what he's holding.
You climb slowly over the cargo boxes and up to the man. He's definitely not moving. You move around him to get a better look at what he's holding. He's holding...what is that? It's a giant piece of machinery, clearly cut out of something much larger judging by all the severed supports and lose wires dangling off it.  The only indication of what it is comes from the exposed focusing chamber and lens near the front.

"Mining laser." You mutter, craning your neck to look behind the thing. A heavy electrical cable runs from the laser to the man's backpack.

Sambo=Team D= with Faith.

Check everything in the storage rooms except the dead body. See if there's any notes, anything unusual, or anything to steal.

"Looks like he was stuffed already."

((Sambo's successful police actions One: dead citizens Zero.
Sort of. :)  ))
You start going over everything, through the hundreds of smashed open crates, a task that will no doubt take hours. First crate: Empty. Second crate, empty. Third crate, small amount of plastic wrap, two pallets. Fourth crate: discarded pry bar. Fifth crate...

[Team B Albino = May, With Thomas]

Guard the hallway, swing head and MFM around like a spy with a revolver. Make occasional 'pew-pew-pew' sounds.

You strike your best charlie's angel's pose.

Name:Flint - Team C - Control booth

"Well, it was worth a shot." At least it didn't explode.

"Looks like Bishop's handling himself well enough anyway." I should move on.

"Hey, if anyone who knows how to operate these damn machines want to use it, the control booth in loading and unloading has been unlocked. Looks like it was used to control most of the cradles and cranes in this place."

Try to determine if the Control booth can view any cameras, and if it can be used to control cranes in temporary storage. (Just doing this out of curiosity. It's not like curiosity ever killed anyone.)
Then move on with the rest of the team to temp storage.
[aux:5-1]
Looks like the control panel does control which ship is in the loading and unloading area but only to the extent that it can move ships in and out on the cradle track. If it has cameras or a way to control the other arms out in the hanger, you don't see it.

You shrug and head back down stairs, joining up with Miyamoto. 

Jim checked the papers to see what was on them.

The papers are just bits and pieces, ripped out of a book and torn up. There are a few large pieces left that you can read though.

"...n here for much longer then usual and they won't te...

"...ames us for it. But we've been in here the whole time! How could we have brou..."

"...ot out last week. He said he'd come back to talk to us but he hasn't....

Room two is much the same as room one, empty and clean and room 3 is completely empty.  Hmm, how boring.

Team D Leader Faith, Hallway

Faith let out a long sigh.

"False alarm everyone, he was dead already. Didn't think we'd find anyone alive this early on."

She then turned to Sambo.

"And no, we're not going to react with paranoid terror every time someone doesn't answer us. We're here to help them, supposedly, not give them three seconds to get their asses out of our way. And I don't think we're going to be able to avoid getting contaminated- if this thing wasn't airborne, it probably wouldn't have spread so quickly or thoroughly. Unless it was in the food or something, but either way, not touching things really isn't an option down here."

Continue on into Temporary Storage, start examining bodies for cause of death.

You head through the door to temporary storage and take a look at the bodies, running our hands over it. It doesn't take a medical genius  to see the problem: His arm is broken, as are several of his ribs, if the crunching noise when you press on his chest is any indication. You try and move his head and a similar crunching noise is the result. Beaten to death.

"Alright, then." Jobasio gave the damaged ship one last, wary glance before turning and making his way back towards the rest of the team, gauss rifle held ready at hip-level. Over comms to the others: "You found anything of note? I will join back up with you lot for now; Bishop's checking the inside of a ship."

>Leave Bishop to his fun, join back up with Faith and the rest of the team.

>Keep watch for hostiles on the way, naturally. Also try and keep an eye out incase those ship-bearing arms start moving. Infact just keep a distance from them where possible.
You join up with faith and stand over her as she examines one of the bodies, keeping an eye out for anything hostile.

Brother Lars considered the sage advice his father gave him- Never pass a chance to piss.

He then remembered the... convenience tube... built into the suit, and headed out of the restroom.

Check the room above the one Jim went in- almost directly across the hall from the bathroom.
You join milno and mesk in the increasingly cramped room.

Stacy, Team C - Hallway to Temporary Storage.

"More dead people. Seems like they were awfully keen on massacring each other."

Proceed to Temporary Storage. Keep out a watchful eye for traps, threats and threatening traps.
You link up with Miyamoto and follow him while keeping an eye open.

'Miyamoto here, just entered Temp storage, more bodies here. They're different from the previous though, be cautious when you check them. Team C, regroup at Temp storage and check these bodies, I'll recon the room.'

Look out for a good vantage point, and fly up there. Examine temp storage again from there, both normal and heat vision. Draw a small map of the room and share it with the rest of the team, if necessary.

You can't see any good vantage points, at least none you could land on: Most of the crates are piled to the ceiling and those that aren't are just loose piles that would collapse if you stood on them and wouldn't give you much of a vantage point either. You also don't have anything you could draw a map with in here. By looking around a bit you do get an idea. It seems like the room is rectangular, longer then it is wide, and separated by 4 rows of containers which form ad-hoc walls because they're stacked till they reach the ceiling. However, some of these containers have been toppled over into the "aisles" between the walls and broken into. Loose piles of these containers dot the room.

Team D, Lukas, in hallway

Lukas taps his right foot impatiently, making dents in the floor. "C'mon, he's dead and team C is already way ahead of us. Let's go, let's go!"

Lukas doesn't wait for the others and makes his way to the temporary storage room. When he sees the bodies he inspects the one nearest to him in more detail.
You pick up the nearest body in your unforgiving metal hands and examine it with as much care as you can, concentrating hard on not tearing off limbs by accident. Even with just a cursory glance you can tell this guy got beaten pretty hard, his left knee is bent backwards and his helmet has a deep dent in it.

((No, I was actually being serious about everything else I said and didn't want to emphasize it by another post.))

In the Temporary Storage...

Team C - Feyri Nirel ; Mercenary.

"Huh. Very, very strange. Examination reveals no superficial scarring or wounding. I'll see if these cameras can...zoom."

Check if suit cameras can zoom in on those bodies - if not, scope them out and examine them more.

"Will try if vocalization affects anything - whistling, that is."

If nothing found strange. Whistle in a high-pitched tone. Modify suit as to amplify the tone. Check for any change in surroundings.

You stare at the bodies, squinting. You ignore Faith and Lukas as they just walk up and start poking at the corpses and slowly sneak up on your own until you're looking down at the body with eyes wide and lips pursed with intent curiosity. The body's neck is twisted at a very awkward angle.

You whistle at it, using the suit to amplify the sound. It doesn't respond.

Faith stops her examination just long enough to look up at you, shake her head and look back down.

When You say "next" I'm not sure which you mean since there are lots of  rooms next to the mess. Um, But pretty much all of them have been explored at this point too so, eh.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #9350 on: November 20, 2012, 05:06:25 pm »

Hmm curious
Kick the door down
"H.M.R.C. DROP YOUR WEAPONS NOW!"
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #9351 on: November 20, 2012, 05:10:25 pm »

Go back to the Mess and photograph the executions, message them to Command with an attachment reading, "Any idea what weapon(s) were used for this?", and see what's in the room next to the Mess.

((So many 504s, I just want to post.

Edit: It stops just in time for me to be late for an update.))
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 06:28:28 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9352 on: November 20, 2012, 05:10:43 pm »

"I've found what appears to be a journal. There's not enough left intact to be of interest," Jim reported over comms to everyone. Then he headed south and tried the door at the corner.
(That is a door at that corner, isn't it? If not, the last door on the left.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9353 on: November 20, 2012, 05:22:42 pm »

[Team B Leader=Milno=Temporary Quarantine Housing]

"Found nothing of interest, again."

Next unexplored room. Use gauss rifle for trap-checking.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 06:03:57 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9354 on: November 20, 2012, 05:29:05 pm »

[Team B Sniper=Thomas=Temporary Quarantine Housing.]
Follow!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9355 on: November 20, 2012, 05:39:40 pm »

Name:Flint - Team C - Temporary storage, entrance

"Looks like there's nothing I can do here. Don't know much about doctoring. I'll go explore."
Don't know much about much now that I think about it...

Go right and follow the wall until the hallway to Long range Comms. (Don't enter the hallway if it's unlocked.) Look for anything interesting along the way: Rooms, storage lockers, desks, forklifts, anything. Gauss rifle at the ready.

To Everyone:"From what I'm hearing from Team A and B and what I've seen so far most people here seem to have been killed by weapons, not a disease. Anyone else find that strange? I mean if the disease came inside the base with a man wouldn't he be the first to cough and drop dead somewhere around here? Command said the disease killed more than half of the colony in three months... Perhaps I'm missing something..."

@Bishop "Can you check the crew of the ship for cause of death? Maybe THEY died from the disease."

((We can hear broadcasts from other teams, right?))
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 06:04:46 pm by Parisbre56 »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9356 on: November 20, 2012, 05:39:40 pm »

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Welp, time to check the doors that don't have blood stains leading from them.  I don't know whether to feel better or worse about that."
Check a door that's hasn't been checked and isn't being checked by a teammate.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 05:51:51 pm by Remalle »

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #9357 on: November 20, 2012, 05:43:53 pm »

Grab pry bar. Keep checking crates unless Faith moves off somewhere, then follow her.

"Hey, anyone need something to hit people with?"

((The 504's are usually fine. Hit post, wait, and it ends up on bay12 eventually. It just errors on your end.
Government conspiracy? Maybe they've finally worked out that bay12 is a melting pot of crazy genius and are monitoring it to work out how the hell something like this can happen....... With matrix-style double posts from PW and everything. Did I see that cat twice, or was it just me? Dum, dum, DDdDdddduuuuummmmmm!!?!!! The plot thickens. ))
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 05:50:16 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9358 on: November 20, 2012, 05:46:19 pm »

Move to the back of the room, towards sterilization. Keep an eye out for potential hostiles, traps or environmental hazards (like falling crates), back away if encountered. Pry open the first unopened container, look inside.

Meanwhile, save following message under 'blatant lies.mp3', then play it over external speakers on full volume:

'This is the UWM, we are here to rescue you. Come out with your hands above your head, you will be transported to safety by our personnel. Any hostility will be met with extreme repercussions, but if you co-operate you will remain unharmed.'

((By 'draw a map' I meant using my suit's computer to draw a little map with.))

((@Zako: congrats, you just scored yourself a mining laser.))
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 05:51:31 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9359 on: November 20, 2012, 06:04:44 pm »

(@Paris: Depends on how the character is broadcasting. For example, this turn I'm telling everyone on the mission my findings, while Radio is merely broadcasting over external speakers... but I think it's safer to assume that if someone doesn't specify who/which team they're talking to specifically, then everyone can hear them.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 622 623 [624] 625 626 ... 1256