Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 584 585 [586] 587 588 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943355 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 7: Rock'em Sock'em Leon
« Reply #8775 on: November 04, 2012, 07:54:53 pm »

Tear it's arms off so it drops me, grab my rifle, shoot the bastard till it's dead or the battery is empty.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8776 on: November 04, 2012, 09:44:17 pm »

Zip back into the open room and wait for the fight to be finished.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8777 on: November 05, 2012, 01:37:52 am »

((The plot thickens...))

'Say, Logos, would you care to elaborate as to what happened to you exactly? Was your brain removed to serve as a wetware computer, are you an AI based on this guy's personality, or something else? Also, I don't see a connector that went into the brain of this person, is there a reason for that?

And is it possible to communicate with you wirelessly? I mean, what frequency do you use? Just in case we need guidance to get out of here later on.'

Ask.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8778 on: November 05, 2012, 01:59:06 am »

Tear it's arms off so it drops me, grab my rifle, shoot the bastard till it's dead or the battery is empty.
[str:3]
You manage to get one arm free, but it doesn't stop the machine from slamming you into the ground again.
[end:1+2]
Your upper body goes skidding across the metal floor as you shatter in half, shearing into two pieces just at the waist.

Zip back into the open room and wait for the fight to be finished.
You join Miyamoto in the room after the door opens, no doubt he asked the computer to do it, and land, giving the rockets a rest.

"So...wanna play Charades or something?"

((The plot thickens...))

'Say, Logos, would you care to elaborate as to what happened to you exactly? Was your brain removed to serve as a wetware computer, are you an AI based on this guy's personality, or something else? Also, I don't see a connector that went into the brain of this person, is there a reason for that?

And is it possible to communicate with you wirelessly? I mean, what frequency do you use? Just in case we need guidance to get out of here later on.'

Ask.

"I am an echo of that man, an AI created using the data of his choices when he ran this facility. His actions guided my creation, an so I have taken over for him in the absence of a true controller. The inputs you see on him were simply to allow him to control this place  as though it were his own body; inputs directly into his brain were not necessary."

"I am afraid I do not have the ability to communicate wirelessly as I am. My control over this place is wired to the dome itself."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8779 on: November 05, 2012, 04:13:12 am »

Turn on my lamps and look around the room for anything interesting. Don't touch anything!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8780 on: November 05, 2012, 04:20:31 am »

((Edit: How the funk did I manage to mispost that here?  :o Er, whoops. I guess I had this thread open in another tab.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8781 on: November 05, 2012, 06:20:43 am »

Upper body, drag myself to gun, shoot bastard till it dies.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8782 on: November 05, 2012, 07:00:32 am »

'What I meant was, can we communicate with you while inside this dome? Because I fear that, since the hunterbots think independantly, actually leaving this dome might prove difficult. That is where a link to you might come in handy. Beyond the dome however, I'm fairly sure we can manage.'

Wait around.

((You've got to admit that, if nothing else, this guy's pretty persistent. Even so, playing dead just might be the most prudent course of action now, 'cause if this goes on, there won't be enough of you left to revive on-ship.))
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 07:03:06 am by Radio Controlled »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8783 on: November 05, 2012, 11:48:58 am »

((Remember, as long as your brain is intact, you can be revived. Maybe playing dead is the best thing to do right now?))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8784 on: November 05, 2012, 01:02:51 pm »

"Interesting..."

Put rifle away then sit back down next to door to elevator shaft.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8785 on: November 05, 2012, 01:59:25 pm »

Turn on my lamps and look around the room for anything interesting. Don't touch anything!
Well, the corpse in the chair is a bit weird, but other then that the room looks like a sort of standard server room. Hmm, stupid other humans not making their experimental robot complexes more interesting. Where is the big screen tv!

[dex:2-2]
You try to drag yourself to your gun, loudly scraping yourself around in a circle with one hand. The machine, already beginning to move away after tossing your disintegrating legs to the ground, turns to look at you, dozenfold limbs coiling to strike yet again.

'What I meant was, can we communicate with you while inside this dome? Because I fear that, since the hunterbots think independantly, actually leaving this dome might prove difficult. That is where a link to you might come in handy. Beyond the dome however, I'm fairly sure we can manage.'

Wait around.

((You've got to admit that, if nothing else, this guy's pretty persistent. Even so, playing dead just might be the most prudent course of action now, 'cause if this goes on, there won't be enough of you left to revive on-ship.))

"You need not worry about that. The data you have requested is being dumped into a specially made machine. It and a group of servitors shall guide you out. No machine, however zealous, would attack one flanked by my servitors."

"Interesting..."

Put rifle away then sit back down next to door to elevator shaft.
You sit down next to the door to the elevator shaft and yawn. Hopefully Leon will just freaking die already, or at least be reduced to small enough pieces that the machine gets bored, some time soon.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8786 on: November 05, 2012, 02:13:17 pm »

((For. The love. Of Steve. Just. STOP MOVING ALREADY.

No really, you had it in the bag there. Just play dead, before you really start to resemble the black knight from Python fame.))

'Why thank you, that is most kind of you. If only our ship's resident AI would be so benevolent...'

'Hey Bishop, why did you come up here anyway?'

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8787 on: November 05, 2012, 05:24:03 pm »

Go limp on the ground and play dead.

(( I really really hate admitting defeat, although just surviving against this thing when it was built to kill people like us is a victory so I'm sticking with that angle. ))
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 05:26:19 pm by mesor »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8788 on: November 05, 2012, 05:24:31 pm »

(( I really really hate admitting defeat ))
((This explains some things.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8789 on: November 05, 2012, 05:27:23 pm »

(( I'm already plotting to return here at some point in the future preferably with several gunner bots and in an avatar of war to find this thing and rip it into tiny little pieces, this is not defeat this is just a temporary set back until I have bigger guns and something sharp to hit it with, if I can't convince Steve to nuke the place of course. ))
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 05:29:58 pm by mesor »
Pages: 1 ... 584 585 [586] 587 588 ... 1256