Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 585 586 [587] 588 589 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942693 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 7: Rock'em Sock'em Leon
« Reply #8790 on: November 05, 2012, 05:29:39 pm »

(( I'm already plotting to return here at some point in the future preferably with several gunner bots and in an avatar of war to find this thing and rip it into tiny little pieces, this is not defeat this is just a temporary set back until I have bigger guns and something sharp to hit it with. ((
((Who's taking you?))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8791 on: November 05, 2012, 05:30:27 pm »

(( A couple of people already mentioned they'd recover me once it was safe, or whats left of me anyway. ))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8792 on: November 05, 2012, 05:31:28 pm »

(( A couple of people already mentioned they'd recover me once it was safe, or whats left of me anyway. ))
((Who's taking you back to this place afterwards?))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8793 on: November 05, 2012, 05:33:24 pm »

(( O I'll find a way, I'm sure Steve can be persuaded to send me on a suicide mission back here. Especially if I bring a Camera so he can watch me being ripped to pieces and gloat before I die. ))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8794 on: November 05, 2012, 05:48:36 pm »

((I doubt it.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8795 on: November 05, 2012, 05:54:20 pm »

(( Well thats far in the future anyway, I'll return to my plotting revenge once I'm in a position to actually have a fighting chance. ))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8796 on: November 05, 2012, 05:55:07 pm »

(( O I'll find a way, I'm sure Steve can be persuaded to send me on a suicide mission back here. Especially if I bring a Camera so he can watch me being ripped to pieces and gloat before I die. ))

((You're more likely to have completed 10 missions by that time and that planet be many, many FTL jumps behind. Indeed, due to relativity, even if the planet still exists, the dome still exists and is functioning, and you do somehow make it back, that robot will be looooooooong gone, replaced by many more efficient ones.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8797 on: November 05, 2012, 05:59:01 pm »

((Yeah, he's got no real reason to travel all the way back here just so you can kill yourself in an elaborate fashion, regardless of how long it's been.

Plus, to be blunt, you're never going to survive long enough to get several gunner bots like this. Frankly I'll be surprised if you survive this mission at all, but if you're going to rip apart ancient alien computers, alienate your team, try to fight off the eldtritch horror designed to kill you with no particular plan save mindless aggression, and then swear vengeance should you survive, you're just going to die with a rather long hitlist.

Basically, you can't take on the entire universe, but you seem fairly intent on aggroing it and then killing everything you aggro. Not gonna happen.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8798 on: November 05, 2012, 06:00:22 pm »

(( Hey to be fair I had a valid reason to be annoyed at my team, I have no intention of fighting them hell I carried 2 of them to safety then came back to help the rest, it just went a little wrong. ))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8799 on: November 05, 2012, 06:06:28 pm »

((Yeah, but they had a valid reason to be annoyed at you. As did the killbot you're now swearing vengeance upon after failing to kill traditionally.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8800 on: November 05, 2012, 06:12:40 pm »

(( I'm a criminal, is it a surprise I'd want revenge? ))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8801 on: November 05, 2012, 09:36:31 pm »

"I couldn't stand being around one of the gloating idiots down there. If I stayed, I probably would have thrown him down the shaft. That and I wanted to check out this room for myself."

Bishop looked at the corpse and then at the room again.

"So... Can you tell us about how this dead guy here in the chair died? How your previous masters decided to come up with this whole... program I guess? What was the point of having self evolving robots anyway? Where they under attack by something?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8802 on: November 06, 2012, 12:22:16 am »

Go limp on the ground and play dead.

(( I really really hate admitting defeat, although just surviving against this thing when it was built to kill people like us is a victory so I'm sticking with that angle. ))
You go limp as the machine hovers back over to you and picks you up by the wrist with one hand, holding up near it's face, seemingly to get a better look at you. It's other limb click their fingers together, seemingly involuntarily.

"I couldn't stand being around one of the gloating idiots down there. If I stayed, I probably would have thrown him down the shaft. That and I wanted to check out this room for myself."

Bishop looked at the corpse and then at the room again.

"So... Can you tell us about how this dead guy here in the chair died? How your previous masters decided to come up with this whole... program I guess? What was the point of having self evolving robots anyway? Where they under attack by something?"

"I'm not aware how he died, I came to be afterwards, a backup protocol I suppose. As per the motivations of my masters, I'm not sure. I can only imagine that they instituted this test as a method generating robot perfectly engineered for it's purpose."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8803 on: November 06, 2012, 12:25:34 am »

((If Feyri was there, she would say that the dead man is the machine, but she's not.  :P))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8804 on: November 06, 2012, 12:36:31 am »

Remain limp, play dead.
Pages: 1 ... 585 586 [587] 588 589 ... 1256