Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 583 584 [585] 586 587 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943754 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 7: Rock'em Sock'em Leon
« Reply #8760 on: November 03, 2012, 01:22:17 pm »

"Question, are you sure it's telling the truth about letting us out freely?"

Over radio: 'Yeah, I had considered the possibility of a trap already. But if they wanted us dead, they could have killed us at any point they wanted. I mean, they would only need to send up a few hunterbots to get rid of us. Besides, if we ever want to leave this facility, we'd have to go through that entrance again, at which point they would only need to activate their little army, and we're dead for sure. So I reckon giving them the benefit of the doubt is our only possible course of action.'

Wait around, open door for Bishie when he knocks.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8761 on: November 03, 2012, 03:36:41 pm »

Zip up to the next level and knock on the door to be let in.

"Ok let me in. I wan't to talk to this machine myself for a bit."
You fly up to the door and knock a few times.

(( Wow I'd have thought a 5 would of had more of an effect then that... ))

Glare at my damaged body then focus on it and order it to fix itself by magic, attempt to get free of the robot and run, look for my rifle.
"Come on please let some of the magic be left over in my body...."
[str:1]
[end:3+2]
The machine's hands scrape over you, clawing and yanking wildly, but it can't seem to tear your arm off. It shifts one of it's hands off you  and draws it back, forming it's fingers into a rough point as it's arm coils to strike.

((Hmm, what frequencies are most often used in most technologies, and what frequencies can the bomb receive?))
Really all you have to do is copy that frequency, set a password on the bomb and then send that password to the bomb to detonate it. It's not just "if it picks up a frequency, it blows."

"Question, are you sure it's telling the truth about letting us out freely?"

Over radio: 'Yeah, I had considered the possibility of a trap already. But if they wanted us dead, they could have killed us at any point they wanted. I mean, they would only need to send up a few hunterbots to get rid of us. Besides, if we ever want to leave this facility, we'd have to go through that entrance again, at which point they would only need to activate their little army, and we're dead for sure. So I reckon giving them the benefit of the doubt is our only possible course of action.'

Wait around, open door for Bishie when he knocks.
You look for a way to open the door but you can't see one, the only button is the one to call the elevator.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8762 on: November 03, 2012, 03:49:36 pm »

Evade like my life depends on it, keep tearing at the arms holding me and try to spot my rifle.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8763 on: November 03, 2012, 04:16:04 pm »

[end:1+2] Your left arm and a good part of your chest shatter into black obsidian shards that bounce out around you, scattering and falling to dust as they click across the metal floor. You barely have time to realize what happened before the machine's hands are moving on you, some shifting to your right wrist, the others to the rest of your body. It begins to pull, trying to tear you apart.

(('It's just a flesh wound!))

Over comms: "Hey leon, maybe you could like, play dead or something? Maybe it'll go away?

Also, Bishop, what are you doing going up there, didn't they only allow for one of us to go up there?"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8764 on: November 03, 2012, 04:19:51 pm »

'Erm, Bishop, you could just tell me your question. Or use your radio to ask him, maybe.'

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8765 on: November 03, 2012, 04:39:36 pm »

Check over laser rifle.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8766 on: November 03, 2012, 05:01:39 pm »

((Hey, can't blame me abour being cautious with the bomb. I'd prefer if it didn't blow up before I want it too :P ))

Set the frequency at 5.7 Ghz, password the bomb with "Thisisabombifyoupissitoffyouaregoingtodiehorriblyandpainfully."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8767 on: November 03, 2012, 11:41:35 pm »

Evade like my life depends on it, keep tearing at the arms holding me and try to spot my rifle.
[str:3]
[dex:6-2]
[end:4+2]
You jerk your head to the side as the machine tries to spear you, it's sharpened, skeletal fingers glancing off your cheek and burying themselves in the wall behind you. It doesn't seem very happy.

[end:1+2] Your left arm and a good part of your chest shatter into black obsidian shards that bounce out around you, scattering and falling to dust as they click across the metal floor. You barely have time to realize what happened before the machine's hands are moving on you, some shifting to your right wrist, the others to the rest of your body. It begins to pull, trying to tear you apart.

(('It's just a flesh wound!))

Over comms: "Hey leon, maybe you could like, play dead or something? Maybe it'll go away?

Also, Bishop, what are you doing going up there, didn't they only allow for one of us to go up there?"

Leon has no helmet so no radio.

Check over laser rifle.

The laser looks perfectly intact and has 9 seconds worth of power left in it's battery. It also has various unlabeled dials.

((Hey, can't blame me abour being cautious with the bomb. I'd prefer if it didn't blow up before I want it too :P ))

Set the frequency at 5.7 Ghz, password the bomb with "Thisisabombifyoupissitoffyouaregoingtodiehorriblyandpainfully."

You edit the bomb to have the frequency and password you desire. You're so close to murder. Soooo Clooose.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8768 on: November 04, 2012, 12:12:10 am »

"Ask it where it controls the hunters and where they get built."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8769 on: November 04, 2012, 01:51:39 am »

((Soon. SOON I SHALL BLOW SHIT UP!))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8770 on: November 04, 2012, 04:10:57 am »

Look around for my rifle, yank myself free.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8771 on: November 04, 2012, 04:23:17 am »

'Logos, one of my team members is wondering how and where you or your sub-systems control the various robots, especially the hunter-variant. He would also like to know where the robots are assembled.'

Inspect the corpse and the chair it sits in more closely.

((Hey, I need to do something untill we can leave again.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8772 on: November 04, 2012, 05:48:14 am »

"Ask him to open the door too. I hate wasting fuel for nothing." Bishop said, crossing his arms and glancing back down the shaft for a moment.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8773 on: November 04, 2012, 06:19:30 am »

Inspect the dials.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8774 on: November 04, 2012, 07:47:17 pm »

Look around for my rifle, yank myself free.
You spare a second to look for your rifle. You see it laying around on the ground near by.

[str:2]
You struggle weakly against the machine's grasp, unable to break free. It shifts it's grip and jerks you violently into the air, lifting you above it and readying to smash you into the ground again.

'Logos, one of my team members is wondering how and where you or your sub-systems control the various robots, especially the hunter-variant. He would also like to know where the robots are assembled.'

Inspect the corpse and the chair it sits in more closely.

((Hey, I need to do something untill we can leave again.))

"They are not controlled. It would do no good to give us control, then the test would simply be testing how well we controlled them. We create their Ai, to a point, most of it is evolutionarily decided along with their design. They are autonomous. And they are made below us. You should have seen it yourself; the path with the red glow."

The throne the man is in is a great metal thing, studded with metal spikes to connect to the spine and limbs of the man sitting in it. You can see them now that his body has shrunk and mummified. Cables run from the jacks into the computers around him. You peer around the side, expecting to see a jack in the back of his head, something for his brain, but don't see anything. How odd.

Inspect the dials.
There are two dials, neither are labeled. but they each have only a few settings, also unlabeled.
Pages: 1 ... 583 584 [585] 586 587 ... 1256