Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945953 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 7:Playing with fire
« Reply #7980 on: October 02, 2012, 11:19:26 am »

"Aside from some builders in the distance, street 8 looks like a clear run. Don't know how long it will stay that way if we stay here, so hurry the fuck up. I'll go move the dead guy to the enterance for you lot, just give me a minute to find you."

Head back to where the other group is and find the dead guy and check out what's happening with the bots.

((With all this running around we're doing, we're gonna have an automatic +1 dex by the time this mission ends.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7981 on: October 02, 2012, 11:27:56 am »

((With all this running around we're doing, we're gonna have an automatic +1 dex by the time this mission ends.))
((Ahahahaha. No. :P

But if you want a shot at ressurrecting that corpse, the best chance is getting him on the shuttle asap. Two guys to take him there works.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7982 on: October 02, 2012, 12:43:18 pm »

(( I allways wonderd what the ER TVTropes character page would say for me and the other new guys.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7983 on: October 02, 2012, 12:46:47 pm »

(( I allways wonderd what the ER TVTropes character page would say for me and the other new guys.))
((When the mission is done  :P

You wait, you. Or update it yourself by observation after the mission. ))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7984 on: October 02, 2012, 01:21:43 pm »

(( :oAhhh..so thats how it is done.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7985 on: October 02, 2012, 01:34:28 pm »

((You can add your character's entry after you complete your first mission, since I have a hard time keeping track of the newbies and after classes re-started, my schedule got even thinner. If you add your character's full name in the Characters Page and at least one trope to go with him, we can start adding more things as the game progresses.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7986 on: October 02, 2012, 02:12:51 pm »

Return to bishops group, Watch the area carefully as I go.

(( Assuming you live ill return it and all i damaged was the mount I did not damage the weapon so hardly cut to pieces. Rest easy that if you die I'll put your invention to good use. ))
You run all the way to the intersection of 8 and B before falling to your knees, gasping for breath. These streets are far too long for their own good.
((Way to go Team! At this rate, we're gonna run out of rookies before we get to the central building, never mind coming back.))
((Aren't you a rookie too? Try not to be too expendable. :P))

((I know, I was commenting on the general FUBAR-ness of our mission.
Question for gm: would it be possible to finish the mission in time for Havel's corpse to be saved? Or is the distance we need to travel too big for that?))

Well...Havel appears to have stopped bleeding. Mostly because he died. And you remember that about 5 hours is how long he'll be "fresh" for; so you better hurry up or find something to preserve him with.

((I thought he had only 'passed out'. Woops, my bad.))

Check environment temperature using my suit. Think about the fact if this will keep him fresh for longer, or if there's anything we could do that would achieve the same. Check if emergency kit contains anything to keep corpses fresh.

'Hey, I'm gonna need some help to drag him back to the entrance, could 2 of you stay here and help out?'

Bishop tapped his foot impatiently. This place made him edgy.

"Hurry up guys, we don't have time to waste. If he's dead, then you need to get going now."

We have to try and at least save the body. We're gonna drag him to the entrance, you guys could scout the way we're gonna be taking.
(It's about a dozen city blocks in radius, so you can probably make it. If you really book it and there are no problems.)

It's not cold enough here to really give Havel any more time, and the kit doesn't contain anything that can extend that time.
"Aside from some builders in the distance, street 8 looks like a clear run. Don't know how long it will stay that way if we stay here, so hurry the fuck up. I'll go move the dead guy to the enterance for you lot, just give me a minute to find you."

Head back to where the other group is and find the dead guy and check out what's happening with the bots.
Using your rockets and leaping along the tops of the buildings you make it back to the collapsed buildings where Havel lost his leg. The warbot is laying in several pieces around the road and in the fronts of buildings, hacked into red hot pieces.
Follow the main group.
You continue to stand around with Miyamoto.
Follow Miyamoto, attempt to sense if anything interesting is nearby

I can feel my loony sense tingling
You Follow miyamoto by not moving at all.
"Uh guys a part of a robot just landed next to me seems to be a riot shield, also it has the same glowingness the previous one got from that flame covered robot so I thibk we should get away from here."

After checking if I could take a piece off run back to the team.
The shield is several stories up in a building and as big as you are, so you leave it be and Join Miyamoto and his gaggle of lazy followers.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7987 on: October 02, 2012, 02:33:15 pm »

It's not cold enough here to really give Havel any more time, and the kit doesn't contain anything that can extend that time.

After thinking about the situation a bit, he finally knew what they should do.
'Okay, I think I know what to do. Me and Bishop drag Havel back to the entrance so that at least his corpse is safe. You guys continue to the central building, we'll catch up with you when we're ready.'

Drag Havel back to the entrance with Bishop. Make sure to leave his body out of sight.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7988 on: October 02, 2012, 02:53:50 pm »

For the love of the omnissiah, don't get ambushed. Also, take this, it's one of my lucky spoons

Shove one of my spoons into Miyamoto's hands, then follow the main group

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7989 on: October 02, 2012, 03:17:53 pm »

"Lets go. But be careful anything could happen."

Stay slightly ahead of the rest as
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 03:25:59 pm by Tavik Toth »

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7990 on: October 02, 2012, 03:20:40 pm »

"We will need to take him all the way to the ship and stasis, it is only a few hours until his brain is too damaged to revive.  Paper scissors rock for who carries him?"  If people agree, do it; if not just head down to 8 and B.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 06:31:52 pm by Draxis »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7991 on: October 02, 2012, 03:26:32 pm »

"We will need to take him all the way to the ship and stasis, it is only a few hours until his brain is too damaged to revive.  Paper scissors rock for who carries him?"  If people agree, do it; if not just head down to 8 and B.

'I don't think we could get back to the ship, not unless Wolfe is still waiting for us. We don't know our way back through that maze, and we don't know how to use the transport we came on. If any of you has anything on you that will keep him fresh longer, please do say so now.'

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7992 on: October 02, 2012, 03:29:09 pm »

"You can leave him in the pods in the shuttle to preserve him, that's the ship I meant."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7993 on: October 02, 2012, 03:33:43 pm »

"You can leave him in the pods in the shuttle to preserve him, that's the ship I meant."

((Color me stupid, but we arrived in the hangar of that city-ship, right? So to put him in stasis, we'd need to return all the way we came with Wolfe, right? 'Cause I'm not really following you right now. If it turns out it's just me overlooking something obvious again, you can slap me in the head for it. In-game, of course  ;) ))

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7994 on: October 02, 2012, 03:43:10 pm »

((I thought so too, but PW seems to be saying we can save him, so I'm going with that))
Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 1256