Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 530 531 [532] 533 534 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945643 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 7:Playing with fire
« Reply #7965 on: October 01, 2012, 10:25:45 pm »

((Way to go Team! At this rate, we're gonna run out of rookies before we get to the central building, never mind coming back.))
((Aren't you a rookie too? Try not to be too expendable. :P

Also, why did you guys cut my only prototype to pieces…? It still would've been salvageable post-mission if you hadn't sliced it from my still warm corpse, you crude bastards. Now its useless. Thanks a bunch… At least try to get my body to safety so I can build a new one later on. Unless you let me perma-die of course. Then no one can have the blueprints.  :-[))
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 10:52:32 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7966 on: October 01, 2012, 10:32:47 pm »

Also, why did you guys cut my only prototype to pieces…? It still would've been salvageable post-mission if you hadn't sliced it from my still warm corpse, you crude bastards. Now its useless. Thanks a bunch… At least try to get my body to safety so I can build a new one later on. Unless you let me perma-die of course. Then no one can have the blueprints.  :-[
((Get the gun back from the looters. I think the repair will be one token at most.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7967 on: October 01, 2012, 10:52:16 pm »

Also, why did you guys cut my only prototype to pieces…? It still would've been salvageable post-mission if you hadn't sliced it from my still warm corpse, you crude bastards. Now its useless. Thanks a bunch… At least try to get my body to safety so I can build a new one later on. Unless you let me perma-die of course. Then no one can have the blueprints.  :-[
((Get the gun back from the looters. I think the repair will be one token at most.))
((If they'll turn it loose. :P))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7968 on: October 01, 2012, 11:29:58 pm »

((Looks like someone has forgotten the benefit of being specific...))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7969 on: October 02, 2012, 12:13:28 am »

((Does the emergency kit have any of that foam they used on the guy who got disembowled last mission?))
(( Oh yes, it does. For example, they used the foam from the emergency kit on the guys who got disembowled three missions ago.
Possibly one of the most useful things in that kit.))
You brought that foam with you, remember? You bought it specially from the doctor.
(( Well, yes, I did - but it was Nekarios using the medi-foam from May's emergency kit in the beginning of the fourth mission who gave me the idea, after all. Though if the kit's contents are somewhat random (as would the semi-hammerspace-ness and limitedness point out), it would make sense that some emergency kits contain it, and some don't.
Of course, that's unless you've reconsidered the emergency kit contents since then, which is also absolutely reasonable. :) ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7970 on: October 02, 2012, 12:39:06 am »

"Damn it..."  Roger opens his visor briefly to see what the temperature here is.  "Anyone remember if it was less than 5 hours from the ship?"
You open your visor for a moment to check the temperature. It's quite chilly. You suppose you could always have checked that temp through the suit's systems but...oh well.

"Is he dead? You'd best get moving then, it's a bit of a walk back. 2 of you go with his body, the rest of you get back in B street and head for the next intersection. It seems clear here, aside from some distant building robots, so we have a decently clear path straight to the target for now."

Wait for the rest of the guys to catch up, then drop down to the ground and start heading to the target on foot to conserve fuel. Stop and hide if I hear anything strange.
You stand around, bored, waiting for the rest of the team to show up. Slow bastards.
((Does the emergency kit have any of that foam they used on the guy who got disembowled last mission?))
(( Oh yes, it does. For example, they used the foam from the emergency kit on the guys who got disembowled three missions ago.
Possibly one of the most useful things in that kit.))
You brought that foam with you, remember? You bought it specially from the doctor.
(( Well, yes, I did - but it was Nekarios using the medi-foam from May's emergency kit in the beginning of the fourth mission who gave me the idea, after all. Though if the kit's contents are somewhat random (as would the semi-hammerspace-ness and limitedness point out), it would make sense that some emergency kits contain it, and some don't.
Of course, that's unless you've reconsidered the emergency kit contents since then, which is also absolutely reasonable. :) ))

May had an advance kit. Medi-foam shows up in advance kits but not emergency ones, just like the folding crutch. At least it SHOULD only show up in them, I may have made a mistake.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7971 on: October 02, 2012, 01:18:24 am »

Bishop tapped his foot impatiently. This place made him edgy.

"Hurry up guys, we don't have time to waste. If he's dead, then you need to get going now."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7972 on: October 02, 2012, 01:45:40 am »

Return to bishops group, Watch the area carefully as I go.

(( Assuming you live ill return it and all i damaged was the mount I did not damage the weapon so hardly cut to pieces. Rest easy that if you die I'll put your invention to good use. ))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7973 on: October 02, 2012, 02:06:32 am »

((Way to go Team! At this rate, we're gonna run out of rookies before we get to the central building, never mind coming back.))
((Aren't you a rookie too? Try not to be too expendable. :P))

((I know, I was commenting on the general FUBAR-ness of our mission.
Question for gm: would it be possible to finish the mission in time for Havel's corpse to be saved? Or is the distance we need to travel too big for that?))

Well...Havel appears to have stopped bleeding. Mostly because he died. And you remember that about 5 hours is how long he'll be "fresh" for; so you better hurry up or find something to preserve him with.

((I thought he had only 'passed out'. Woops, my bad.))

Check environment temperature using my suit. Think about the fact if this will keep him fresh for longer, or if there's anything we could do that would achieve the same. Check if emergency kit contains anything to keep corpses fresh.

'Hey, I'm gonna need some help to drag him back to the entrance, could 2 of you stay here and help out?'

Bishop tapped his foot impatiently. This place made him edgy.

"Hurry up guys, we don't have time to waste. If he's dead, then you need to get going now."

We have to try and at least save the body. We're gonna drag him to the entrance, you guys could scout the way we're gonna be taking.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7974 on: October 02, 2012, 03:36:07 am »

"Aside from some builders in the distance, street 8 looks like a clear run. Don't know how long it will stay that way if we stay here, so hurry the fuck up. I'll go move the dead guy to the enterance for you lot, just give me a minute to find you."

Head back to where the other group is and find the dead guy and check out what's happening with the bots.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7975 on: October 02, 2012, 05:34:07 am »

"It would probably be best to have someone else take him, anyone here want to?."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7976 on: October 02, 2012, 06:22:33 am »

Follow the main group.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7977 on: October 02, 2012, 07:48:16 am »

((I thought he had only 'passed out'. Woops, my bad.))
((…because "died" means "passed out" haha :P…))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7978 on: October 02, 2012, 09:48:07 am »

Follow Miyamoto, attempt to sense if anything interesting is nearby

I can feel my loony sense tingling

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7979 on: October 02, 2012, 10:49:57 am »

"Uh guys a part of a robot just landed next to me seems to be a riot shield, also it has the same glowingness the previous one got from that flame covered robot so I thibk we should get away from here."

After checking if I could take a piece off run back to the team.
Pages: 1 ... 530 531 [532] 533 534 ... 1256