Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 533 534 [535] 536 537 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945608 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 7:Playing with fire
« Reply #8010 on: October 02, 2012, 07:33:30 pm »

((We're in a line of work that's specifically designed to get us killed off. I don't think we should worry about having a full team come back. If anything, we're expendable (Apart from bishop.) ))
((Well shoot! I guess you should all just lay down and die then huh? :P But yeah, I understand. Wasting time saving rookies with no skill increases is pointless. No lasting value to the team whatsoever is being preserved by saving me. Well, except for my auto-laser….thats not expendable…which is why I'd like to make it back alive, so I can keep my blueprints. Otherwise, they're locked forever in VR. :-/))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #8011 on: October 02, 2012, 07:37:20 pm »

((I think its to everyone's benefit if we do our best to keep one another alive, regardless of how "expendable" we are. If that doesn't make sense then *shrug*.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8012 on: October 02, 2012, 07:38:29 pm »

((Well, the more teammates that are alive, the bigger the chance for them to get shot instead of you.))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8013 on: October 02, 2012, 07:53:13 pm »

((Well, he got shot. So there's that :P))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8014 on: October 02, 2012, 07:59:33 pm »

((Er, plus people on mission are in the process of acquiring more skill points, stat increases, and other goodies. If someone dies each mission they never get better.

Plus, it tends to set a good precedent. :P

"Now I forget, when a teammates loses his legs are we supposed to point and laugh while looting his carcass or stop the bleeding and get him to the shuttle?"

"Dunno. What'd we do last time?"))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8015 on: October 02, 2012, 10:30:35 pm »

((I'm wondering why we care if he dies or not though :P ))

((Because we're not callous, self-serving dickheads? ::) Yeeesh. It's a pity this conversation is entirely OOC or my character/s would know not to rescue you whenever we're on a mission together. :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8016 on: October 02, 2012, 10:32:55 pm »

It's not cold enough here to really give Havel any more time, and the kit doesn't contain anything that can extend that time.

After thinking about the situation a bit, he finally knew what they should do.
'Okay, I think I know what to do. Me and Bishop drag Havel back to the entrance so that at least his corpse is safe. You guys continue to the central building, we'll catch up with you when we're ready.'

Drag Havel back to the entrance with Bishop. Make sure to leave his body out of sight.
You grab havel's body, leaving his leg behind, and drag it back toward the entrance of the dome, up the now deserted 1 street. You drag him just beyond the blast doors and set him in an inconspicuous corner.
For the love of the omnissiah, don't get ambushed. Also, take this, it's one of my lucky spoons

Shove one of my spoons into Miyamoto's hands, then follow the main group
You hand off a spoon and then pick Bishop as your new leader, falling in line behind him.
"Lets go. But be careful anything could happen."

Stay slightly ahead of the rest as
You start following bishop, but while staying ahead of him. It's rather difficult.
"We will need to take him all the way to the ship and stasis, it is only a few hours until his brain is too damaged to revive.  Paper scissors rock for who carries him?"  If people agree, do it; if not just head down to 8 and B.
You head toward 8 and B, sprinting all the way there and collapse into the intersection, completely out of breath and exhausted.
Cover the group and wait for them to decide where we will go.
You swing your rifle around while humming the James Bond theme, keeping an eye out for threats and making Charlie's angels poses.

((He pretty much acts less of an idiot than most people is all. That and he has equipment bonus' and gene therapy that makes him a lot harder to kill.))

"Ok, I'll give you a hand to the enterance chamber. Just give me a moment."

Carefly approach the body of the Warbot if it's clear and with my cutter, take its weapon and sensors.
[aux:3+1]
The robot's weapon, whatever it was, has been cloven into several pieces, along with the generator that runs it. Some very nasty looking chemicals are pooling on the ground near it. It's rotating "head" suffered a similar fate, but you're able to, with your razor, carve out one of it's "eyes".

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8017 on: October 02, 2012, 10:38:28 pm »

((I'm wondering why we care if he dies or not though :P ))

((Because we're not callous, self-serving dickheads? ::) Yeeesh. It's a pity this conversation is entirely OOC or my character/s would know not to rescue you whenever we're on a mission together. :P))
((I'm pretty sure your character would learn that IC, if through the business end of a kinetic amp. :P ))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8018 on: October 02, 2012, 10:47:54 pm »

Bishop rolled his eyes at the antics of his useless team as he slipped the sensor into his pack.

"Alright, let's get going. Don't want to hang around for another cannon round..."

Lead the team to the 8B intersection on foot. Scout out the way to the target again and if it's still clear, start heading straight to it on street level.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8019 on: October 02, 2012, 10:51:20 pm »

((Oh god, I've been reading this thing on and off for two months or so. Thanks Piecewise. I looked really funny laughing at my phone again. And again. Then another time. But if I haven't made a character yet, then I will soon. I'm up to page 152 or so (50 postings per page or whatever the max is) on-mission and up to page 29 on-board-ship. Plus whatever happened recently. I don't want to see how many genitals, arms, or "really fucking amusing occurances" happen on this mission. Not just yet. I don't know. Duck and fire? Duck and cover? Graft a weapon. Or steal it. Shit. My character sheet will be up tomorrow. And tech'ing VR like no tomorrow. Kinetic Amplfied Warhammer coming right up. Did that even work? With sound modified dampening? Big fuck-arse HRMC-tech sledgehammer. Joy. Or just our happy little friend, the double barrelled, ranged for killyness, plus DB-shotgun-style, laser. With stabby stuff.

See you all soon.

Character sheet up by tomorrow.))

((can my phone even put the amount of editing required for character actions? GM, you might have some fun with this.))

What hours are you all on? I'm on GMT+10 (Australian Eastern Standard Time. No daylight savings.) Meh, I'll just have to post stuff. And hope. Lots of hope.
It's a game. Have fun.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8020 on: October 03, 2012, 12:37:12 am »

Once Havel is safely 'tucked away', go to 8b with through b-street.

'Right, let's get going. We still have a long way to walk.'

((By the way, if any sort of drivable vehicle comes up in this mission, I'm calling dibs on it. +1 to aux 'n all that.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8021 on: October 03, 2012, 01:13:01 am »

((@sambojin: Welcome to madness. You're in for a wild...well occasional death or maiming rather than ride, but you get the idea. :P))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8022 on: October 03, 2012, 03:25:14 am »

Wait for bishop then follow his lead

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8023 on: October 03, 2012, 03:59:10 am »

((@sambojin: Welcome to madness. You're in for a wild...well occasional death or maiming rather than ride, but you get the idea. :P))

((And yeah, a kinetic amp sledgehammer should work fine. I guess you haven't seen [REDACTED] yet, but they work on a similar concept. :3))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8024 on: October 03, 2012, 06:52:29 am »

((Ok. Really generic character coming right up. With one's and three's in stuff. It's human Jim, but not as we know it. With a laser. Cyas on-board soon. Bagsys the name Sambo. That'll make it easy to see who's posting.))
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 533 534 [535] 536 537 ... 1256