Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945142 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 7:Playing with fire
« Reply #7905 on: September 28, 2012, 07:52:36 pm »

Breath in.
HEEEEEEEEeeeeeeEEEEeeeEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPP!!!!  >:( :o :'(
Run down the street in the direction of your allies while taking potshots at the bot. Bob and weave baby. Bob and weave.
[dex:1-1 from ankle]
You struggle to get to your feet but immediately collapse back to the ground. You scoot yourself back a foot or two before activating your shoulder laser and aiming as best you can before shouting "Fire!"
[aux:6]
The automated laser activates and sweeps lazily upward while firing, carving a thin red hot gash across the front of the machine, though you're not sure what damage it did, if any, though the dust. All you can see is an angry red glow of heated metal.

The shadow stomps heavily forward, it's massive front legs shaking the ground beneath you as it takes a few steps and then raises it's right front leg into the air.
[dex:4-1 for ankle]
You scramble away as it brings the blow down, a blunt guillotine of battlescarred metal, dead center on your left femur.
[end:3]
Your suit and your leg provide no resistance the the robot's blow, it's front limb crushing and cleaving straight through the flesh and bone before embedding itself an inch deep in concrete. You don't feel anything, you have the strangest disconnect from it all, as though you're watching through someone else's eyes. The machine raises it's other leg as blood pours from you, pooling on the ground and mixing with the snow and dust.
[Fatal wound:3 turns.]

"I can't see shit, the dust is too thick. If you're still in that dust cloud, I suggest booking it up the street to the next intersection before you're stepped on or shot. I'm heading to the next intersection."

Proceed along the rooftops away to the next intersection quickly, using minimal rockets.
You sprint along the roof tops, firing your rockets only when you have to, heading for the intersection of 8 and A. You get about 1/3 of the way down the long, curved street. As you run you notice something, a speck of silver screaming through the sky toward the cloud of dust and pain where the robot and your teammate are hidden.

"I can't see shit, the dust is too thick. If you're still in that dust cloud, I suggest booking it up the street to the next intersection before you're stepped on or shot. I'm heading to the next intersection."

Proceed along the rooftops away to the next intersection quickly, using minimal rockets.

((Which intersection? 8 or 1? Might want to specify.))

While looking at the teammates who made it to b street: 'Before we trail of, we may want to consider going through the buildings instead of using the street. That way we'll be less exposed, though it will slow us down. Hmm'

Breath in.
HEEEEEEEEeeeeeeEEEEeeeEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPP!!!!  >:( :o :'(
Run down the street in the direction of your allies while taking potshots at the bot. Bob and weave baby. Bob and weave.

'Stay calm man. We can't quite help you from here, but if you make it to the next intersection, the eight one, we might be able to. If not, maybe try to go through the houses to b again.'

Go to the intersection the Team is going (probably the one nearest to us, though maybe not, it's a bit confusing right now). Do a headcount to know who hasn't made it to our group at b yet, and use radio to guide the people stuck at a to b, if possible/applicable. Keep an eye out for murderous automatons.

You run toward the intersection of 8 and B, in the same direction as bishop. It looks like pretty much everyone has made it out onto b street, except for Roger who is still in the buildings somewhere, Havel, who is dying, and Bishop who is making a run for it toward 8 and A. You use your radio to try and guide roger but roger's in a completely different building on a different floor, so your efforts are in vain.

You make it about 1/3 of the way to 8 and B

(( O yea but no matter im safely in a building on the B street side. So im out of the line of fire atleast :). ))

Regroup on the street near to Bishop and scan the area as I go looking for anything interesting. Send a message to the rest of the team.
"Everybody still alive and mostly in one piece?"
You follow Miyamoto toward 8 and B, following Bishop.

Roger goes to street B and follows the group.  "I am clear, on my way to the rest of you now."
You find a flight of stairs down and push through the maze of buildings until you finally make it onto B street, well behind everyone else.

Scout ahead.

"So, who  is your team leader anyway? I think Bishop would be best."
Hmmm scout ahead. Now how should I interpret "Ahead." I suppose that toward the center of the dome is where you want to go, so you should probably head that way for "ahead."

You break away from the rest of the group and run back to 1 street, all the way to the intersection of 1 and B. You don't see anything special.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7906 on: September 28, 2012, 07:57:59 pm »

(( Dont worry i have faith that you'll live...... For at least the next 10 seconds. ))
((You lose your bet, bro. I call 1 of your tokens when if you get back!  :P))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #7907 on: September 28, 2012, 08:02:50 pm »

((I think PW really, really hates limbs. Or do you have some kind of system for what gets hurt when it isn't something obvious?))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7908 on: September 28, 2012, 08:26:47 pm »

((I think PW really, really hates limbs. Or do you have some kind of system for what gets hurt when it isn't something obvious?))
((Yeah, they bring people way too much happiness. :P

More seriously, they're sort of the middle ground between "You die" and "You're injured but it's no big deal."))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7909 on: September 28, 2012, 09:08:48 pm »

Roger runs after the group.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 10:23:28 pm by Draxis »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7910 on: September 28, 2012, 09:42:15 pm »

((My guess is looking good. Two down, three to go.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7911 on: September 28, 2012, 09:52:25 pm »

Bishop looks at the quickly approaching speck, and it dawns on him quickly.

"INCOMING CANNON ROUND! RUN AND TAKE COVER!!"

Book it across the street and take cover on the rooftops.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 11:08:57 pm by Zako »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7912 on: September 28, 2012, 10:23:53 pm »

((Poor Havel. I'm guessing that shot is from one of the hunter bots and is directed at his assailant.
Either way, looks like he might well be going the way of the Charro. :-\ G'luck, Havel! You can dooeet! ...Maybe.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7913 on: September 28, 2012, 10:24:54 pm »

Roger runs into the strongest-looking building immediately near him and takes cover.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7914 on: September 28, 2012, 11:08:09 pm »

Run across the street and take cover in the smallest-looking building.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7915 on: September 29, 2012, 02:10:59 am »

Run into cover on the other side of the street and keep one hand on my gun in case there is a robot here.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7916 on: September 29, 2012, 05:55:01 am »

Find cover nearby

"Please dont be that near nuclear shell."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7917 on: September 29, 2012, 05:57:52 am »

Run into a building (the one at the side of c street), gun at the ready. Take cover if there is no threat inside said building, otherwise find another shelter.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 02:13:37 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7918 on: September 29, 2012, 02:22:51 pm »

((sorry I haven't posted in a while, I assume I've been passively following miyamoto?))

Get into cover near miyamoto, stop, drop and roll
After the shell has hit, take a quick peek to see if I can get a visual on any enemies

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7919 on: September 29, 2012, 02:43:16 pm »

Keep running with the group!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 1256