Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942272 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Forever out of date
« Reply #6765 on: August 21, 2012, 09:15:50 pm »

"Er, thanks! I do try to keep things simple. Works best that way in a team-based scenario, you know."

Charro turned to the 'away' team, who, since they were no longer 'away', would be henceforth known as Simus and May.
"Ah, you're back. So, did everything go alright? No trouble along the way? Good, good. We were just discussing how best to proceed. Feel free to have a rest, first; you've walked quite far after all!" 

>Have breakfast. Relate current plan to new arrivals. Do general stuff and whatnot.
You eat breakfast and don't relate your lack of plans to anyone.

"Well, let's move it. I'll go first, then you come afterwards. Stay near the cliff just in case this thing decides to start swinging."

"Now let's see if this thing works."

Get on the elevator, check if it is swinging or acting strange with only one person in it.
You get on the elevator. You give it a few experimental rocks. It seems stable enough as long as you don't purposefully rock it around or anything.
((
"Well, let's move it. I'll go first, then you come afterwards. Stay near the cliff just in case this thing decides to start swinging."
))

Get on the elevator, avoiding Charro, and half-doze off as we descend into the depths of hell the anomaly.
You get onto the elevator and curl up in one corner against one of the engines, trying to ignore the seemingly infinite fall below you.

Charro stepped onto the elevator, quickly offering his free hand (the one not holding the rifle) to any female teammates needing assistance. He then shuffled to one side and sat down, reaching into his backpack for the breakfast he'd started earlier.
"Ahh, elevators. I remember we used to have three of these in the manor back home. Only they were... Rather more impressive."

>Get on the elevator, help the ladies aboard, then eat breakfast whilst reminiscing about the life of luxury I once lead.

((Charro gets weirder the tireder I am, it seems. :o Or maybe he's like this all the time but it's just how I write that gets weirder? I dunno.))
You step onto the edge of the platform and get ready to help any sexy space ladies onto their vertical chariot.

Have breakfast, prepare to move out.
Oh, welcome back! I take your journey was successful?

Take an air sample. Label it, as always (and label other samples, if there are any unlabeled).
Get on the elevator. Examine it, focusing on the rails. Sit somewhere, if there is place for that. Admire the picturesque view of the Fall as we descend. Don't hang over the edge of the elevator, though, due to the risk of unbalancing it.

Remember/see how many poles Milno has, and how long are those.
You get a jar of air and label it before stuffing some stale rations in your mouth and getting on the platform. It seems fairly sturdy, a large metal floor with two engines and wenches on either side to handle moving up and down the cable and high, railings on top of evenly spaced metal poles. You take a seat next to Simus and try to imagine that blackness is picturesque.

Milno has no poles.

"How unfortunate. I'd really like to get samples of the cliff face as we go down, but I don't trust this thing enough to try to stop it midway up. Maybe if it's slow we can scrape some bits off as we go, anyone have something that could do that?"

Wait for Milno's experiment, then usher everyone aboard unless something seems decidedly amiss.
Since Milno didn't buck himself off into the abyss you decide to get on along with the others. At least if you die he will too.

Collect air sample, get on.
You catch a jar of air before getting on the elevator platform, squeezing into the quickly dwindling space.

The entirety of the remaining team crams themselves onto the elevator platform, most staying as far from the edges of the platform as possible. Milno pulls the lever and the engines roar for a moment as they kick on and the platform begins to descend slowly into the darkness. They descend for a solid hour without incident, sliding down the cliff face just inches from the solid sandstone.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6766 on: August 21, 2012, 09:28:04 pm »

Find snuggle partner and take nap. Dream of magnitude of the universe and/or getting kinky with the Armory Master.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 09:39:06 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6767 on: August 21, 2012, 09:29:41 pm »

Daydream of the A-I Family's library of works by Friedrich Nietzsche and other such philosophers back on Altair IV.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 09:32:29 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6768 on: August 21, 2012, 09:56:44 pm »

What a pleasant view!.. ... ... ... ...Nah.
Sleep. Dream of the picturesque view I could see were it not for the all-enveloping blackness outside, obscuring the true beauty of the Fall.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6769 on: August 21, 2012, 10:09:23 pm »

Milno feels as if he has slept enough already. Several hours until the away team came, and he still didn't feel like it was the time for a nap.

Milno keeps standing and alert, just in case.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6770 on: August 21, 2012, 10:48:38 pm »

((I find what each of them does/dreams on the elevator hilarious and fitting. Milno once more  is the mature one/ team leader and watches for trouble. Simus dreams of learning, Maurice dreams of natural beauty, and May dreams of getting kinky with a demi-god like woman and/or expansive things.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6771 on: August 21, 2012, 11:05:32 pm »

Find snuggle partner and take nap. Dream of magnitude of the universe and/or getting kinky with the Armory Master.
You snuggle up with the engine and [will:2] Dream of the Armory master tearing off your genitals. Again.

Daydream of the A-I Family's library of works by Friedrich Nietzsche and other such philosophers back on Altair IV.
[will:1]
You dream of a library filled entirely with teen paranormal fiction.

What a pleasant view!.. ... ... ... ...Nah.
Sleep. Dream of the picturesque view I could see were it not for the all-enveloping blackness outside, obscuring the true beauty of the Fall.
[will:6]
You dream of an expanse of enormous statues of Simus, all wearing labcoats and nothing else. True, the labcoats are fairly modest most of the time, but some of them are open. Hehe.

Milno feels as if he has slept enough already. Several hours until the away team came, and he still didn't feel like it was the time for a nap.

Milno keeps standing and alert, just in case.
You keep watch on the cluster of apparently very tired soldiers, keeping your hand near the controls of the elevator just in case.

The elevator platform continues to descend, the bottom nowhere in sight. Another hour passes and then, in an instant, the bottom blinks into view as the light of the elevator car connects with the lights on the ground, revealing a scattered collection of large metal crates and another section of carefully hung and staked ropes and lanterns heading off into the distance.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6772 on: August 21, 2012, 11:22:23 pm »

Take immediate air and soil samples.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6773 on: August 21, 2012, 11:37:14 pm »

"We arrived already, time to wake up."

Milno gets off the elevator and starts to check the camp for extra supplies.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6774 on: August 21, 2012, 11:59:12 pm »

Retroactively film the wall throughout the entire descent.

Get off lift, examine crates.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6775 on: August 22, 2012, 01:12:22 am »

>Exit elevator, do a few stretches to increase circulation.

Charro glanced about, peering down the path of light and checking his gear.
"Right then, here we are! Who's ready for a nice stroll? ...Also, as usual, remember to stick to the rope and all that. No wandering off."

>Find and review the map.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6776 on: August 22, 2012, 03:41:02 am »

Ah, we did? Waking from his dream Maurice slightly blushes, practically all but discernibly, given his natural tan, and lowers the visor rather fast. The Graveyard is ahead, if I remember correctly. We have to stay on guard - well, even more so than anywhere in this anomaly we've been to before.
(( I assume that I've already switched on the suit's 'non-vital systems' as a part of 'prepare for moving out' action from before - I've talked since then, after all. If that isn't true, I switch them on now. ))
Move out of the elevator. Stay wary of the surroundings.
Check the condition of my legs with a slightest exercise. Have it improved since yesterday?
Take an air sample, label it.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 04:00:05 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6777 on: August 22, 2012, 05:19:31 am »

"Yes, the graveyard. Where one of the brothers vanished, somehow."

Get off the elevator, examine surroundings.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6778 on: August 22, 2012, 05:27:27 am »

Simus' eyes snap open immediately, not that the others could tell through her faceplate.

Good. Graveyard's ahead, and that's someplace where our science should not make us dwindle too long, as it has in other places. We should get through it quickly, sample what we must, film some of the obelisks the guide mentioned, and get out of there. This is where the first brother disappeared, and I really do not want to find out what happened to him by having the same thing happen again, to one of us. If we lose someone here, we may never get them back.

Get out of the elevator and start looking through what supplies are there.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6779 on: August 22, 2012, 11:42:25 am »

Take immediate air and soil samples.
You leap off the elevator and immediately start swinging sample containers around like a mad woman, capturing air and sand for your increasingly large collection of jars of air and sand.

"We arrived already, time to wake up."

Milno gets off the elevator and starts to check the camp for extra supplies.

You hop off the elevator and walk over to the piles of crates stacked nearby. There are a few filled with parts for the lift but the vast majority are filled with rope light and lanterns.

Retroactively film the wall throughout the entire descent.

Get off lift, examine crates.

You spent the last two hours filming a completely featureless slab of sandstone so you're understandably relieved to be done with that particular thrill ride. You get off the elevator and join milno in raiding the metal crates clustered near the platform. Like him, you find some elevator parts and many crates worth of lanterns and ropelight.

>Exit elevator, do a few stretches to increase circulation.

Charro glanced about, peering down the path of light and checking his gear.
"Right then, here we are! Who's ready for a nice stroll? ...Also, as usual, remember to stick to the rope and all that. No wandering off."

>Find and review the map.
You stretch your legs and then look at the map.

Geez, Conrad has the artistic sensibilities of a 9 year old.

Ah, we did? Waking from his dream Maurice slightly blushes, practically all but discernibly, given his natural tan, and lowers the visor rather fast. The Graveyard is ahead, if I remember correctly. We have to stay on guard - well, even more so than anywhere in this anomaly we've been to before.
(( I assume that I've already switched on the suit's 'non-vital systems' as a part of 'prepare for moving out' action from before - I've talked since then, after all. If that isn't true, I switch them on now. ))
Move out of the elevator. Stay wary of the surroundings.
Check the condition of my legs with a slightest exercise. Have it improved since yesterday?
Take an air sample, label it.

You get off the platform and, after capturing even more air in a jar, test your legs. Walking seems fine, bit better then yesterday, but you can still feel the lurking pain if you move a bit too much. Running is probably still out of the question.

"Yes, the graveyard. Where one of the brothers vanished, somehow."

Get off the elevator, examine surroundings.
You hop off the platform, immediately fall face first on the ground  because of your missing half foot and groan a bit as you try to get up with a missing arm. This is all going perfectly. You take a look around after getting back to your feet. Stacks of metal crates are littered around the elevator and there's another rope and lantern path like the one above, but other then that it's just sand and dark and idiots.

Simus' eyes snap open immediately, not that the others could tell through her faceplate.

Good. Graveyard's ahead, and that's someplace where our science should not make us dwindle too long, as it has in other places. We should get through it quickly, sample what we must, film some of the obelisks the guide mentioned, and get out of there. This is where the first brother disappeared, and I really do not want to find out what happened to him by having the same thing happen again, to one of us. If we lose someone here, we may never get them back.

Get out of the elevator and start looking through what supplies are there.
Yeah, I think you can fill in the blanks here.
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 1256