Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 448 449 [450] 451 452 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943190 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Forever out of date
« Reply #6735 on: August 21, 2012, 03:22:34 pm »

"Well, for the small ones, in theory, a dark container would suffice. In practice... you'd also have to find one, I guess, even if they continually float around the light tunnel."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6736 on: August 21, 2012, 03:34:46 pm »

Charro kicked the offending crate away, hiding a scowl with an exaggerated yawn before moving over to stand near the others.
"Right then!" He said, looking over the 'troops' with a straight back and (what he hoped was) a dignified, stern expression.
"Here's the plan! We'll wait here in camp 'til either the away team get back or we are attacked or something, whichever comes first. Then, we will proceed onto the elevator, which will be operated by the team's elevator expert- that's you, Faith. Then we will descend down this thingy here," He glanced over the cliff-face uncertainly, clutching his rifle as if to steady himself "And any approaching scary stuff will be dealt with via concentrated fire."

Charro frowned for a second. "Wait, no, well, not actual fire," he quickly explained, "That doesn't work here. Shooting."
Ever the thoughtful self-proclaimed leader, Charro asked after a moment's pause, "...Everyone likes the plan, then?
Or did I make it too... Word-y?" 

>Formulate my master plan for our approach and share it with the team in a rousing speech!

>Then ask what they thought of it. Work criticism into the plan. Expect a lot.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6737 on: August 21, 2012, 03:44:50 pm »

((And they have Fayri's combat shield still with Simus. I believe I gave that to Maurice.))

Alright, let's get back. No sense in making them wait longer then needed. Let's get there as fast as possible without killing ourselves.

To the Fall, double-time. Crack another glowstick if needed in the area with the rope shredded.

((Damn you Piecewise, You ninja'd my action with a turn!))
I assumed the shield was given back to you considering maurice can't really use it, one hand and all.

You and May march at double time back across the empty space, through the pitted lands, the tower and finally to the Fall.

Examine lift controls. Figure out if it'll let us stop or reverse direction midway.
You don't have to be a genius to work out that the lever with an up arrow sticker above it and a down arrow sticker below it controls the lift, however you're not terribly sure of how and when the controls will be active. Thats the sort of thing that needs either testing or examination of the machinery. And you're not sure if you want to fiddle with the machine that is going to be keeping you suspended miles above stone.

"Oy. I don't really like the look of that lift."

Wait.
((Placeholders until the team comes.))

Milno keeps sitting on the ground and waiting for the away team.

Wait.
Rest more.
You all wait.

Charro kicked the offending crate away, hiding a scowl with an exaggerated yawn before moving over to stand near the others.
"Right then!" He said, looking over the 'troops' with a straight back and (what he hoped was) a dignified, stern expression.
"Here's the plan! We'll wait here in camp 'til either the away team get back or we are attacked or something, whichever comes first. Then, we will proceed onto the elevator, which will be operated by the team's elevator expert- that's you, Faith. Then we will descend down this thingy here," He glanced over the cliff-face uncertainly, clutching his rifle as if to steady himself "And any approaching scary stuff will be dealt with via concentrated fire."

Charro frowned for a second. "Wait, no, well, not actual fire," he quickly explained, "That doesn't work here. Shooting."
Ever the thoughtful self-proclaimed leader, Charro asked after a moment's pause, "...Everyone likes the plan, then?
Or did I make it too... Word-y?" 

>Formulate my master plan for our approach and share it with the team in a rousing speech!

>Then ask what they thought of it. Work criticism into the plan. Expect a lot.
[int:3]
Uh...well...you should probably go down the lift and then...maybe look for things? Yeah, that sounds good.

[speech:2]
"Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Never mind."

Ok so Simus and May have finally caught up with you all. Woo. You may now proceed to do something useful.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6738 on: August 21, 2012, 03:46:49 pm »

Gorat looks at Charro, then to Faith, then back to Charro. "You've quite the talent to make the obvious seem mundane. Well, for the most part."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6739 on: August 21, 2012, 03:54:16 pm »

"Er, thanks! I do try to keep things simple. Works best that way in a team-based scenario, you know."

Charro turned to the 'away' team, who, since they were no longer 'away', would be henceforth known as Simus and May.
"Ah, you're back. So, did everything go alright? No trouble along the way? Good, good. We were just discussing how best to proceed. Feel free to have a rest, first; you've walked quite far after all!" 

>Have breakfast. Relate current plan to new arrivals. Do general stuff and whatnot.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6740 on: August 21, 2012, 03:54:40 pm »

"Well, let's move it. I'll go first, then you come afterwards. Stay near the cliff just in case this thing decides to start swinging."

"Now let's see if this thing works."

Get on the elevator, check if it is swinging or acting strange with only one person in it.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 04:31:53 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6741 on: August 21, 2012, 04:10:36 pm »

We rested in the forest. Thought that would be better than getting back here as you guys were getting up and then having a rest. Although a quick breather wouldn't be amiss, we have a long elevator ride during which to doze, if needed. Let's go.

And, Milno, you do know that that elevator has a long distance to go? If you go down alone, it may be a few hours before any of the rest of us can come.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6742 on: August 21, 2012, 04:20:32 pm »

"Well, let's move it. I'll go first, then you come afterwards. Stay near the cliff just in case this thing decides to start swinging."

"Now let's see if this thing works."

Get on the elevator, check if the down button works as it is supposed to be. If it can't be pressed from the elevator proper, make someone press it. Move down alone.
Might not be a good idea. The fall is literally miles high, it's going to take hours to reach the bottom, let alone send the car back up for everyone you left behind.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6743 on: August 21, 2012, 04:27:28 pm »

Might not be a good idea. The fall is literally miles high, it's going to take hours to reach the bottom, let alone send the car back up for everyone you left behind.
((Got it. Forgot it was MILES high.

Also, I was imagining it to be small and able to hold no more than two or three people due to the fact the brothers never made a full expedition with more people along. I guess it was off the scale in my mind.))

And, Milno, you do know that that elevator has a long distance to go? If you go down alone, it may be a few hours before any of the rest of us can come.
((Also, the only thing that pointed out Milno wanted to go alone was the action itself. His speech still works for the same thing. :P))

"Yea, I'm just checking the elevator itself first."
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 04:32:53 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6744 on: August 21, 2012, 04:36:56 pm »

((
))

Get on the elevator, avoiding Charro, and half-doze off as we descend into the depths of hell the anomaly.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 06:20:11 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6745 on: August 21, 2012, 04:57:37 pm »

Charro stepped onto the elevator, quickly offering his free hand (the one not holding the rifle) to any female teammates needing assistance. He then shuffled to one side and sat down, reaching into his backpack for the breakfast he'd started earlier.
"Ahh, elevators. I remember we used to have three of these in the manor back home. Only they were... Rather more impressive."

>Get on the elevator, help the ladies aboard, then eat breakfast whilst reminiscing about the life of luxury I once lead.

((Charro gets weirder the tireder I am, it seems. :o Or maybe he's like this all the time but it's just how I write that gets weirder? I dunno.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6746 on: August 21, 2012, 05:02:47 pm »

Have breakfast, prepare to move out.
Oh, welcome back! I take your journey was successful?

Take an air sample. Label it, as always (and label other samples, if there are any unlabeled).
Get on the elevator. Examine it, focusing on the rails. Sit somewhere, if there is place for that. Admire the picturesque view of the Fall as we descend. Don't hang over the edge of the elevator, though, due to the risk of unbalancing it.

Remember/see how many poles Milno has, and how long are those.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6747 on: August 21, 2012, 05:03:26 pm »

"How unfortunate. I'd really like to get samples of the cliff face as we go down, but I don't trust this thing enough to try to stop it midway up. Maybe if it's slow we can scrape some bits off as we go, anyone have something that could do that?"

Wait for Milno's experiment, then usher everyone aboard unless something seems decidedly amiss.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6748 on: August 21, 2012, 05:13:38 pm »

Collect air sample, get on.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6749 on: August 21, 2012, 05:36:26 pm »

"Faith, I assume you still have the camera? I'd like to request you film the cliff face as we go down.

Now that we're are all here, will someone mind telling me what happened back there?"
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.
Pages: 1 ... 448 449 [450] 451 452 ... 1256