Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945868 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Rock:3, HMRC:0
« Reply #6540 on: August 17, 2012, 11:08:33 am »

((Prometheus was a good movie.))
"Uh.......this is a.....situation."
Look where "Thomas" is heading.
(While it was, the black goo here is not a reference/inspired by it. Nor is it related to venom from spider man. Mine is good, wholesome, nontrademarked black goo. And it doesn't work the same.)

You run out and look over the edge of the ramp. "Thomas" has landed, seemingly unhurt, on the ground floor and is looking at one of the lanterns strung up around the room.

"What in..?!"

Hobble back inside to investigate.
You turn around and see something vaguely human shaped and cloaked in the inky black equivalent of flame. He's got a giant metal rod in one hand and appears to be examining a lantern.

Oh, that's not good. We need to stop him. Milno, think you can help?

Try and stop Thomas.

((Dammit, a critical point had to happen right as my house gets a major power surge. Tree limb or something must've fallen on the lines into our house, and short-circuited them or something, point is, power's out for a while. Computer is on a surge protector, but things like lights and such were not, so it's staying out. I'm posting from school.

And I haven't seen whatever's being referenced, anyone care to fill me in?))
You run down the ramp and to the ground floor but you're not sure how you should try and stop the thing.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6541 on: August 17, 2012, 11:10:24 am »

((Shit! Another lighteater!))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6542 on: August 17, 2012, 11:13:02 am »

((You're getting there.  ;D))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6543 on: August 17, 2012, 11:22:21 am »

((Shade fluid? Wait... Oh gods, he may be becoming like one of the original inhabitants of the area. Lighteater may be one of them too, but somehow, not.))

See if he reacts to my being near/in front of him. See if his physique is changing in any major way, deviating from normal human. Apart from the covering of black fluid.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6544 on: August 17, 2012, 11:23:36 am »

"Lighteater?" Gorat croaks the word.

Back away

((We were never told when Lighteater first appeared, were we? It seems that the oil is Lighteater's true form, and one of the brothers, presumably the one lost to the Graveyard, was the first to turn into the walking flame?

Edit - replace in words like "host", "dormant form", etc as appropriate.))
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 11:35:28 am by Knight Otu »
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6545 on: August 17, 2012, 01:12:10 pm »

((Oh... Bad move, me. Does Thomas still have a fighting chance, because 3 is only a lesser failure? Also, if this is a 3, I'd hate to see a 1.))
Fight the powa! If possible.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 01:40:07 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6546 on: August 17, 2012, 01:14:36 pm »

((@GM: Uh, was Milno even in the same room as Thomas? I remember he was in other place, staring through a broken wall and I made no movement afterwards.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6547 on: August 17, 2012, 01:39:03 pm »

"Shit!" Faith screamed. "So Lighteater was... might have been one of his brothers!"

Faith began hurrying down the ramp. Whatever Lighteater Thomas was about to do, she needed to catch it.

"I was wondering about why Lighteater was humanoid when everything else was different, this might be the answer. I just hope... uh... well.

THOMAS! CAN YOU HEAR ME?!"

Get down to Thomas. Call out to him.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6548 on: August 17, 2012, 01:47:57 pm »

Milno sighed. It was as if no mission would go smoothly, there had always been problems.

The first brother of the old man to disappear was probably the first Lighteater as well. Well, great.

Watch Thomas the Lighteater.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6549 on: August 17, 2012, 02:05:35 pm »

Travis was on the ground floor, trying to keep his distance from any problem and guard the entrance. Then the problem came to him.

His mind clicked instantly and came up with a rough theory of what he was looking at.

"Don't shoot it! Thomas is gone. We shouldn't risk any more team members. Now. Will someone pay attention to my suggestion and can we please vacate the area? This is an alien intelligence. It reacts to things differently than we do. An offer of a handshake may be a sign of hostility, leveling your gun may be a sign of respect. We just don't know. Maybe it knows Thomas's memories and could form basic communication, but I highly doubt that. It may even be using Thomas's body temporarily; it may naturally be benevolent. It hasn't attacked us yet. All I can say is leave it alone, please.

The other problem is we have a wyrm or a swarm of something coming for us again probably. I'm going to take a look."

Travis heads outside, giving Thomas a wide berth. He heads past the walls and tries to discern if something was coming, and if so, which direction(s)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 02:08:25 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6550 on: August 17, 2012, 02:34:22 pm »

((Shade fluid? Wait... Oh gods, he may be becoming like one of the original inhabitants of the area. Lighteater may be one of them too, but somehow, not.))

See if he reacts to my being near/in front of him. See if his physique is changing in any major way, deviating from normal human. Apart from the covering of black fluid.
You slowly circle around the creature, moving carefully and trying not to look aggressive. He seems to be completely ignoring you. As per his appearance he seems the same, it's hard to tell through the black fire but he doesn't look significantly different at least.

"Lighteater?" Gorat croaks the word.

Back away

((We were never told when Lighteater first appeared, were we? It seems that the oil is Lighteater's true form, and one of the brothers, presumably the one lost to the Graveyard, was the first to turn into the walking flame?

Edit - replace in words like "host", "dormant form", etc as appropriate.))
You back away slowly, out the entrance to the tower and all the way to the inner wall, keeping your eyes glued to the creature.

((Oh... Bad move, me. Does Thomas still have a fighting chance, because 3 is only a lesser failure? Also, if this is a 3, I'd hate to see a 1.))
(sometimes the rolls are just Pass/fail, ie 1-3 fail, 4-6 pass. But you're not completely doomed. Your survival is just in the hands of your "Competent" teammates. )

((@GM: Uh, was Milno even in the same room as Thomas? I remember he was in other place, staring through a broken wall and I made no movement afterwards.))
Nope, You're still there keeping watch. I think the only ones in the room were May, Simus, Maurice, and faith. Chin keeping guard, Charro was being "Useful" elsewhere, as is Travis and you were hanging around in another room.

"Shit!" Faith screamed. "So Lighteater was... might have been one of his brothers!"

Faith began hurrying down the ramp. Whatever Lighteater Thomas was about to do, she needed to catch it.

"I was wondering about why Lighteater was humanoid when everything else was different, this might be the answer. I just hope... uh... well.

THOMAS! CAN YOU HEAR ME?!"

Get down to Thomas. Call out to him.
You run down the ramp toward Thomas, filming all the way. Your yelling doesn't seem to have any effect on him.

Milno sighed. It was as if no mission would go smoothly, there had always been problems.

The first brother of the old man to disappear was probably the first Lighteater as well. Well, great.

Watch Thomas the Lighteater.
You walk out of the room you were keeping watch from and look down on Thomas. Yep. Thats different.

Travis was on the ground floor, trying to keep his distance from any problem and guard the entrance. Then the problem came to him.

His mind clicked instantly and came up with a rough theory of what he was looking at.

"Don't shoot it! Thomas is gone. We shouldn't risk any more team members. Now. Will someone pay attention to my suggestion and can we please vacate the area? This is an alien intelligence. It reacts to things differently than we do. An offer of a handshake may be a sign of hostility, leveling your gun may be a sign of respect. We just don't know. Maybe it knows Thomas's memories and could form basic communication, but I highly doubt that. It may even be using Thomas's body temporarily; it may naturally be benevolent. It hasn't attacked us yet. All I can say is leave it alone, please.

The other problem is we have a wyrm or a swarm of something coming for us again probably. I'm going to take a look."

Travis heads outside, giving Thomas a wide berth. He heads past the walls and tries to discern if something was coming, and if so, which direction(s)

You head outside and run out to the edge of the outer wall. You stop, panting, and listen. You can't hear anything and certainly can't see anything either.

Thomas brings one finger up to the lantern, holding it an inch from the plastic casing before pulling it away. The light of the lantern comes away with his hand; not the lightbulb, the actual light itself. He holds it in front of his face for a moment, before opening his mouth and swallowing it whole. The light vanishes and Thomas with it, lost in the darkness he created.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6551 on: August 17, 2012, 02:43:11 pm »

"Nothing out here. I suspect...maybe the liquid was making the noise? I don't know.

Team.  Part of the citadel just went dark. What's going on?"
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6552 on: August 17, 2012, 02:48:52 pm »

Activate a glowstick, throw it into the Tower.

"Lighteater ate the light. Which we need to stop. I think he might not recognize the source amp attacks. Two cuts, one to bisect, one to cut off the hand with the fork. If we're lucky, that might force out the... parasite and give Thomas a chance."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6553 on: August 17, 2012, 02:57:22 pm »

"I'd rather not bisect, but destroying his limbs is advisable. Also, we'll need amp attacks, and only resort to projectile-based weapons as a last resort. We may also consider a short-range punch with the kinetic amp towards the ground to check if the sound may deafen him."
>Yes?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6554 on: August 17, 2012, 03:33:30 pm »

"All limbs? Three or four cuts, riskier."
Direforged Original
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 1256