Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945820 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Rock:3, HMRC:0
« Reply #6525 on: August 16, 2012, 09:21:02 pm »

"I-I am blind, and yet I see. I think I've got echolocation. Oh shit. It's messing with my head. Make it stop."
MAKE IT STOP.
[will:4]
Your vision flickers back to normal for an instant and you regain a modicum of control over yourself. You feel the presence inside you building; now it's either you or it.

"Oh shit, this is definitely progressing right now.

We've got two options- sit back and wait it out, or activate the tower and wait it out. I will say that if he can see like they do... well, that sounds like it's merging with him, not eating him alive or anything. That's fairly good, considering the options. At least, it's pretty good right now."

Stand back a bit, wait for things to happen.
You stand back and make sure to film in high definition. What? Lady can't get paid?

'Oh dear, that doesn't sound good.'
Charro made his way over to stand near the alcove, peeking inside to check poor Thomas's condition.
'...It doesn't look good, either.' He waited around there, listening for any developments whilst keeping an eye on the ramp/corridoor leading up to them.

>Stand around. Watch. Listen.
You continue to be "Useful"

I suggest we attempt to seal his suit and take his external microphone offline, to see if that will render him "blind" to the outside of his suit. If we don't find some way to do that, his "vision" will likely be overloaded the second he's out of this dimension, and that would be very, very bad for him. He can have his external mic on in here, though, just not outside.

((You know, this place bears a striking resemblance to one of the "rooms" in SCP-004.))
If it does then it's by coincidence. Never read that one.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6526 on: August 16, 2012, 09:45:34 pm »

All right, let's head out. Faith, if you're not coming, then May will come along. Either way, it'll be best for all of us to start going now. We can rest back in the forest camp, if needed, but only if absolutely necessary. We need to get back there and get you in stasis at the very least as soon as we possibly can.

Get Thomas if he can't walk himself, attach May or Faith to the unit (not literally), and head out back across the Pitted Lands.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6527 on: August 16, 2012, 09:59:15 pm »

"If you insist on moving him while he's like this, I'll follow with the camera in case something happens. When he appears to stabilize I'll head back and we'll continue the mission proper.

The rest of us... I guess just rest? Really wish we'd been given more than one camera."

Follow Thomas, examining him for changes in his condition.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6528 on: August 16, 2012, 11:40:46 pm »

((I was hoping I had a guaranteed will bonus, but I didn't. *Sigh*.))
"Get out of my head!"
Thomas focuses on things to strengthen his will, like his will to live, his desire to better himself, and as campy as it sounds, his relationship with May. Then, he tries to take back control of his mind.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6529 on: August 17, 2012, 08:33:48 am »

I'm gonna wait for a bit longer to see if anyone else posts because, well it's kinda of a critical time.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6530 on: August 17, 2012, 08:38:10 am »

((I just had to be stupid at the right time, didn't I?))

* Feyri cheers you all on in spirit!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6531 on: August 17, 2012, 08:44:56 am »

((I've been mostly trying to catch up due to an assload of things I had to get done.

Well, less about catching up and more about analyzing the situation.))

Milno sighed and kept staring at the sand outside, wary of problems.
"The return travel to the shuttle may take longer than you expect. You'll need to use some chem-lights and the rope was cut by the shades, although if you are lucky, it was not ripped to shreds and you can use one of your own lengths of rope to repair it. I doubt albino lover will be in enough of a good state to help you with his new powers."

"You better set the shuttle team and go as soon as possible if you want to do it. I'll be here with the rest of the team. We'll rest and wait, since we'll be risking too much for nothing if we advance with less people and without the camera."

"Anyway, the choice of what to do should ultimately be left to Thomas. There is something trying to take over his body, and being controlled is not a good prospect. Anyway, if he goes wild then destroy his heart and/or limbs, avoid causing further damage."

"And hey girl,"
Milno said, staring at Simus as she passed. "I may have some use for Feyri's gauss rifle in case of emergencies."

« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 08:49:45 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6532 on: August 17, 2012, 09:57:23 am »

Gorat sighs and shakes his head. "I'm honestly out of ideas. Loud noise, try to turn tables and take over the... oil... Only things I have are the amp and the laser, and I doubt they're helpful. Either Thomas or the medics need to decide. Whether it's for stasis, or the tower noise after all..."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6533 on: August 17, 2012, 10:01:48 am »

((I was hoping I had a guaranteed will bonus, but I didn't. *Sigh*.))
"Get out of my head!"
Thomas focuses on things to strengthen his will, like his will to live, his desire to better himself, and as campy as it sounds, his relationship with May. Then, he tries to take back control of his mind.
[will:2+1]
Thomas struggles and jerks wildly before suddenly falling still. The black ooze seeps out of him, covering him completely, moving with purpose. He sits up and pulls himself to his feet as the black coating seems to burst into obsidian flame; he burns lightless and cold, a vague shape in the growing inferno. He tilts his head back and speaks. Everyone in the room is thrown back, away from him and into the walls. He points his hand at milno and the flames leap forth, wrapping around the Tuning staff and yanking it back into his grasp. He stares at it for a moment, as though considering something, and then strikes it against the wall. The tone rings out, followed swiftly by the chorus of falling weights as the machinery of the tower comes to life once more.

The thing that was Thomas walks forward, out of the room, and right off the edge of the ramp.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6534 on: August 17, 2012, 10:03:41 am »

((And we don't even get a gravitational roll... :P))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6535 on: August 17, 2012, 10:06:45 am »

((Prometheus was a good movie.))
"Uh.......this is a.....situation."
Look where "Thomas" is heading.

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6536 on: August 17, 2012, 10:07:35 am »

((Oooh... And now it makes sense... I understand now. Very nice Piecewise, very nice...))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6537 on: August 17, 2012, 10:08:22 am »

"What in..?!"

Hobble back inside to investigate.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6538 on: August 17, 2012, 10:43:26 am »

Oh, that's not good. We need to stop him. Milno, think you can help?

Try and stop Thomas.

((Dammit, a critical point had to happen right as my house gets a major power surge. Tree limb or something must've fallen on the lines into our house, and short-circuited them or something, point is, power's out for a while. Computer is on a surge protector, but things like lights and such were not, so it's staying out. I'm posting from school.

And I haven't seen whatever's being referenced, anyone care to fill me in?))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6539 on: August 17, 2012, 10:45:43 am »

((I won't spoil it too much for you, but think back about what you've been told about this place, and it should come to you.))
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 1256