Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945343 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Into the Abyss
« Reply #6045 on: July 30, 2012, 12:15:48 am »

"If they liked lights they would be coming down the path right now, knocking down a light due to close proximity and moving on to the next one. I'm going to try and capture or kill one if I can. Anyone got a weapon I can borrow that won't completely rip them to shreds? Preferably conventional?

Travis takes a weapon if offered and heads back down the path, being wary of the shades. He tries to find the one farthest down the path (IE closest to him), making sure to keep his distance. If there are none, he takes one of his glow sticks and lights it, throwing it into the darkness where the stragglers supposedly are.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 12:20:10 am by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6046 on: July 30, 2012, 12:21:56 am »

"Well, I could bag one, if I can get my sights on it."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6047 on: July 30, 2012, 12:23:50 am »

((I see no need to take additional risks. You do remember Faith's punch annoyed them. If Travis tries anything, he'll probably stir them up even more. In short, he may execute Faith Incident#2.))

"Faith's stupid move annoyed them. I think anything you do that involves shooting them down will get them even more stirred. Laser weapons would probably work, but let's leave these matters for after we see if we can help the ones who fell behind."
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 12:29:55 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6048 on: July 30, 2012, 12:30:26 am »

Argh. Ow.

My Achilles tendon is -OW- torn up, but the camera is safe. For now.

Damn this makes me almost glad I had that lab accident, this would probably be a lot more painful if my legs were not prosthetic.

Everyone who didn't get out in time, I'm going to light a glowstick. It's range should be enough to put us all back in the light.

Light glowstick, attach camera to suit shoulder, find stranded team members, be glad prosthetic bits can't feel pain. ((If I remember correctly))
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 03:57:06 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6049 on: July 30, 2012, 12:33:22 am »

((I see no need to take additional risks. You do remember Faith's punch annoyed them. If Travis tries anything, he'll probably stir them up even more. In short, he may execute Faith Incident#2.))
((It's prolly not a good idea, yeah.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6050 on: July 30, 2012, 12:49:09 am »

Charro (having re-assembled his hat) stood there, wringing his hands with a grimace as he stared back at where the path once was. At least the thought of rescuing the injured took his mind off what had almost become of him.
"Oh, damnit, I feel useless! I'd... I'd like to help, somehow, but I lost my laser rifle. There's not a lot I can do with just my hat, I don't think."
He shivered as 'sounds' came from the deep darkness ahead. "We... Have to get them out of there, somehow, though."

>Attempt to think up a cunning plan!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6051 on: July 30, 2012, 12:59:06 am »

((If the GM rolls another turn while I'm sleeping:))

Milno smirks a bit.
"We'll deal with Faith later. Start going away towards the next area now or prepare to run again if the shades follow me, I'm going in."

Check fuel and leave the EMM on if it has been actually working. Make a glowstick bridge to the point the stranded people fell and get them out of there and back to the group, avoiding the shades (camera included, I think Simus is grasping it). Before diving into the swarm, check if they get even more agitated by the return of a human. Get Maurice's unconscious body first and use his shield for protection during the retreat out of the swarm, locking it on the back of the armor or anywhere useful if both arms get occupied. Leave one or both rifles behind before going in if it is needed to ease the burden.

If the shades follow or attack then make the rest of the team move on to the next area:

"To the next area, now. I'll try to catch up with you."
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 10:50:03 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6052 on: July 30, 2012, 01:10:41 am »

"I gotcha covered Milno. Also, could someone apply first aid to my back?"

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6053 on: July 30, 2012, 03:10:29 am »

I think that we're going to need the medical attention for those of us that didn't make it first, if what is happening to me is anything to go by. There's probably worse off than a cut synthetic tendon in here.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6054 on: July 30, 2012, 03:19:38 am »

"I just need the hole plugged, that won't take too long."
((OOCly, won't it take a turn for the stragglers to get there?))
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 03:23:19 am by Spinal_Taper »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6055 on: July 30, 2012, 03:22:10 am »

"What do you mean we 'lost' Maurice?

And DO NOT try to capture or kill one. We don't have any method of transporting them, and killing them will agitate the rest."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6056 on: July 30, 2012, 03:28:03 am »

"I dunno, maybe it's how he was trampled by the hordes of mega shades."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6057 on: July 30, 2012, 03:28:32 am »

"He's dead, then? Just from that?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6058 on: July 30, 2012, 03:35:18 am »

I don't think he's dead, I think he's just unconscious.

Oh, and be extremely careful, these things are sharp in all directions, not just the most obvious. Heck, it's like they're living versions of those razor tree branches.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 03:37:28 am by PyroDesu »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6059 on: July 30, 2012, 03:37:57 am »

"He's trapped in their horde. Milno, the most competant one here, is going to try rescue him. I'm going to try helping, but like I said, it's not looking good. I hope you're ready for some first aid."
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 1256