Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945092 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Into the Abyss
« Reply #6075 on: July 30, 2012, 09:34:08 am »

"Once we're back... from the citadel..., you're welcome... to try. Just give us a headstart... of the whole anomaly."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6076 on: July 30, 2012, 09:42:54 am »

Charro shrugged and stayed where he was, brows knit in a thoughtful expression as he watched Milno's progress.
'Gods, imagine how many tokens one of those things would be worth... I could get a good bit of funds for my new inventions, purchase some furnishings for the Rec Room, and even replace any arms/legs/organs that I happen to lose whilst getting the thing. Ah, well...'

>Remain with the group for now, keeping a close eye on proceedings, but if any more of those shadowy creatures pop out to attack us, I will catch one in my hat and stuff the whole thing in my backpack.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6077 on: July 30, 2012, 09:45:53 am »

"Iz eet time fo' ze magics?" May gestures to her MFM.
Patch up Thomas's back.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6078 on: July 30, 2012, 01:32:22 pm »

"I seem to be bad luck for you," Faith said, grimacing at Chin's wounds. "But at least I patch you up afterwards, right...?"

She activated the comm for everyone afterwards:

"Faith here, Chin's with me, bleeding but alive. Patching him up now. Everyone else call in, and Simus you had BETTER tell me you captured that."

Stop Chin's bleeding.
[med:4+1+1]
You get out a copious amount of sealant bandages and begin wrapping. And you continue wrapping for quite a while. By the time you're done chin is quite literally cocooned with his arms and legs bound to his body by bandages. Well...his bleeding is stopped and his suit is sealed! Good enough!

Thomas took a knee and aimed at the shades.
"Well, I got a rather large claw to the back, but me and May are both alive. Also, are we revoking Faiths  privileges? This is a rather serious issue she caused, we lost Maurice, the good medic."

Cover Milno. If any come after the rest of the team, plant a laser in their faces.
You kneel and level your laser on the darkness where the path used to be and where the rest of the team is, lost within the swarm. Nothing comes out.
"If they liked lights they would be coming down the path right now, knocking down a light due to close proximity and moving on to the next one. I'm going to try and capture or kill one if I can. Anyone got a weapon I can borrow that won't completely rip them to shreds? Preferably conventional?

Travis takes a weapon if offered and heads back down the path, being wary of the shades. He tries to find the one farthest down the path (IE closest to him), making sure to keep his distance. If there are none, he takes one of his glow sticks and lights it, throwing it into the darkness where the stragglers supposedly are.
(I'm going to consider the glowsticks shared in the group for now if you don't mind. Makes things easier, otherwise we're gonna have to fuck with handing things around. So collectively you have 15. Well, 14 now.)

You crack a glowstick and walk toward where the path was cut off. There's no one laying in the light so you give the stick a gentle underhanded toss into the darkness. Its dull blue light reveals no less then 50 of the shade like creatures still crawling and slithering around in the sand. There's a tight cluster of the creatures gathered around something gray near the edge of the glowstick's light, slowly and almost daintily moving around what you can only assume is one of your fallen teammates.

Argh. Ow.

My Achilles tendon is -OW- torn up, but the camera is safe. For now.

Damn this makes me almost glad I had that lab accident, this would probably be a lot more painful if my legs were not prosthetic.

Everyone who didn't get out in time, I'm going to light a glowstick. It's range should be enough to put us all back in the light.

Light glowstick, attach camera to suit shoulder, find stranded team members, be glad prosthetic bits can't feel pain. ((If I remember correctly))
(I assumed your limbs, being not designed for combat, still used general human anatomy and felt a degree of pain. In general, painless prosthetics are uncommon outside of the military because of the danger that painless, robotic crazy people can cause.)

You tuck the camera under your arm and roll over, cracking a glowstick (13 left) as you do. Your light connects with another glowstick somewhere off to your right and reveals the members of the team that got away, as well as a downed teammate  It also reveals the half dozen shade like creatures crawling around directly next to and atop you.

Charro (having re-assembled his hat) stood there, wringing his hands with a grimace as he stared back at where the path once was. At least the thought of rescuing the injured took his mind off what had almost become of him.
"Oh, damnit, I feel useless! I'd... I'd like to help, somehow, but I lost my laser rifle. There's not a lot I can do with just my hat, I don't think."
He shivered as 'sounds' came from the deep darkness ahead. "We... Have to get them out of there, somehow, though."

>Attempt to think up a cunning plan!
[int:5]
Well, lets see. Those shade things were drawn up when Faith punched the ground...they chased you for a while but stopped and aren't following...they're not effected by the light and don't even seem notice it. They're not actively attacking the fallen men...they seem more confused by them. Clearly they're "seeing" using something other then light. Maybe they're using smell? Or sound? You might be able to create some type of lure that would attract their attention..something loud or smelly or something you could huck away from the group.

((If the GM rolls another turn while I'm sleeping:))

Milno smirks a bit.
"We'll deal with Faith later. Start going away towards the next area now or prepare to run again if the shades follow me, I'm going in."

Check fuel and leave the EMM on if it has been actually working. Make a glowstick bridge to the point the stranded people fell and get them out of there and back to the group, avoiding the shades (camera included, I think Simus is grasping it). Before diving into the swarm, check if they get even more agitated by the return of a human. Get Maurice's unconscious body first and use his shield for protection during the retreat out of the swarm, locking it on the back of the armor or anywhere useful if both arms get occupied. Leave one or both rifles behind before going in if it is needed to ease the burden.

If the shades follow or attack then make the rest of the team move on to the next area:

"To the next area, now. I'll try to catch up with you."
[dex:6+1]
You walk slowly in to the area illuminated by the glowsticks, stepping carefully through the shades as they wander about, seemingly blind. The closest downed man looks to be Maurice, who is slowly bleeding out from a severed hand, and is completely surrounded by the shade like creatures. You inch closer, slowly swinging your mechanical arm back and forth, trying to gently push the creatures away as you move into the cluster. You can hear their razor sharp bodies scrape against your metal arm, cutting small scratches into it as they part before you. You make it to Maurice as the creatures continue to wander slowly around you and start pulling him back toward the group. You go slowly at first but as you get closer you speed up, Maurice's suit hissing and clacking metallically as it slides over the sand. One of the nearby shade like creatures stirs suddenly and  charges past in a flurry of paperthin legs and spraying sand; blood spurts from Maurice's legs as the creature crawls over him, punching holes in his suit and all the way to the bone. 

You manage to get him back to the group, bleeding heavily, but still in one piece. One down.

Wake up, ...If I am carried away then there is no need to obstruct that, and if I was left... doesn't matter... but don't move, just open the eyes behind the faceplate and look and listen.

((@PyroDesu I have the sinking feeling Simus cannot be talking to people outside, just because they are outside the comms reach (100m (~328 feet), just checked it - though if those 'several hundred feet' are actually two or three hundred feet, that would still be close enough.))
(don't worry about talking. I'll tell you if you're out of comm range.)
[end:2]
You remain unconscious. All this new blood loss doesn't help matters.

Charro shrugged and stayed where he was, brows knit in a thoughtful expression as he watched Milno's progress.
'Gods, imagine how many tokens one of those things would be worth... I could get a good bit of funds for my new inventions, purchase some furnishings for the Rec Room, and even replace any arms/legs/organs that I happen to lose whilst getting the thing. Ah, well...'

>Remain with the group for now, keeping a close eye on proceedings, but if any more of those shadowy creatures pop out to attack us, I will catch one in my hat and stuff the whole thing in my backpack.
(If you read back they're not shade size, they're shade like, but they're upwards of 7 feet (2 meters roughly) long. You'd need a big hat.

"Iz eet time fo' ze magics?" May gestures to her MFM.
Patch up Thomas's back.

[med:5]
You fish some gauze and a stick labeled " Stitchless" from your kit and proceed to clean and glue shut the wound on Thomas's back before sealing up his suit with some stronger adhesive.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6079 on: July 30, 2012, 01:36:37 pm »

((@GM: How about his shield? Couldn't it be used to defend his body as instructed?))

"Fix him."
Milno says to Faith, turning his back afterwards and returning to staring at the swarm of oversized shades.

"It seems they are attracted to sound. I'd say vibrations, but they didn't care about me until the sound of his body scraping against the sand called the attention of one of them."

"If the matter is sound...Does anyone have anything noisy here? I want to make a test."

If Milno still has any metal poles with him (I think there should be one or two remaining), throw one of them a little far away in a way it won't fall tip first, to attract them to other place and away from Simus, throwing the second if the first isn't enough. If those fail, take one of the samples from the metallic trees and throw it, holding it correctly so as to avoid being cut.

If it works, help Simus to get to the group afterwards and get Maurice's hand as well if it hasn't been retrieved along with him. Use that shield to protect from any attacks (preference for her) just in case.

If it doesn't work, do it anyway.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 08:43:03 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6080 on: July 30, 2012, 01:41:46 pm »

".... Thanks Faith. But I am not Tut Ankh Armor or whatever his name was."

Test the strength of the bandages.

Actually, wait a bit. Wouldn't want to risk opening my wounds or suit.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 04:16:45 pm by Knight Otu »
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6081 on: July 30, 2012, 02:03:21 pm »

"Good, good. They can't see us, only hear us"

Travis tries to find the smallest shade at the edge of the group of shades. He takes his largest container and scoops it up. If it starts making loud noises that attract the others he throws the container into the darkness and quietly walks back to the group

[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6082 on: July 30, 2012, 02:06:04 pm »

Allow incoming communications from Milno again.

This is... surreal. And exceedingly creepy. I'm not surprised they navigate by sound though, as this place doesn't have light naturally.

Milno, if you help me up and let me use you or bring something for me to use for support, I can walk along, they only damaged one leg. Hopefully that won't attract them as much as dragging me.

And yes, I am recording.

Record the shades while being helped out of the swarm.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 02:20:05 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6083 on: July 30, 2012, 02:12:34 pm »

Travis tries to find the smallest shade at the edge of the group of shades. He takes his largest container and scoops it up. If it starts making loud noises that attract the others he throws the container into the darkness and quietly walks back to the group
((Please leave it for after we save the injured people. We already have enough trouble as it is.))

"Loner, you would be bettter if you put that aside and wait until everyone is safe. You do remember what Worst Medic just caused by ignoring the rest of the team. And I think most if not all of these Shades are a little too big to fit inside our containers."
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 02:40:17 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6084 on: July 30, 2012, 02:58:00 pm »

"Er, sorry," she said to Chin. "Better too much than too little though, right...?"

She then turned to Maurice.

"Eush. Don't suppose you found his hand?"

Stop Maurice's bleeding.

"As for sound, we have our voices, obviously. If you mean something that won't draw them to us directly, then no, but we can always throw rocks or bits of tree, assuming we don't need them back."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6085 on: July 30, 2012, 04:51:37 pm »

"If the matter is sound...Does anyone have anything noisy here? I want to make a test."

"Well, I'd think that a gauss rifle round would be somewhat noisy. If you fired off into the distance, the explosion might bring them over there."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6086 on: July 30, 2012, 06:39:34 pm »

((I'm thinking hivemind type. Insect pheromones and all that jazz.

Do our suits have anything to detect such? Like...smelling the breathable air?))

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #6087 on: July 30, 2012, 06:58:46 pm »

((Milno may act as an asshole all the time but yet again he drags his teammates to safety.))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6088 on: July 30, 2012, 08:22:40 pm »

((Milno may act as an asshole all the time but yet again he drags his teammates to safety.))

((Because he knows his odds are better with them than without.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6089 on: July 30, 2012, 08:26:26 pm »

((Because he knows his odds are better with them than without.))
((Because he's a big softie at heart.))
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 1256