Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940284 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 5: #1 producer of mentally scarred orphans
« Reply #4815 on: July 05, 2012, 04:18:12 pm »

((@Nikitian: The GM said Travis explained the situation via the message, so the group would know his outward comms are disabled.))
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 04:29:21 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4816 on: July 05, 2012, 04:19:13 pm »

"The stupid lone wolf's our first casualty?  Somehow I just can't muster up a crap to give."
Mesk pauses for a second as Jim punches down the door.
"Jiiim, can we stop with the killing of civilians?"
Check on whoever Jim just killed.  Make sure he's dead, and not our target.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4817 on: July 05, 2012, 04:35:38 pm »

(( @Caellath The disabled outgoing comms might not be part of the situation (him being compromised), and that's why I was going to make sure. Plus that message might have been a fake. But yes, I should update my report to Steve. ))
Do you mean to one of the houses we are yet to check, or to one of the houses the other group has checked (and which might be less wrecked than the one we checked)?
By the way, does anyone know how did the houses over there get aflame? They certainly couldn't have been caused by this house being on fire.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4818 on: July 05, 2012, 04:36:03 pm »

((Mesk just doesn't want Jim to surpass him in terms of kill-count. :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4819 on: July 05, 2012, 04:38:07 pm »

"It's not like I MEANT to do it. I didn't know he or she was behind the door when I knocked it down. It's his or her own damn fault for being in the way," Jim said to Mesk with a shrug.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4820 on: July 05, 2012, 04:45:19 pm »

"Do you honestly think the other group will have caused less damage than we have? They probably set those houses over there on fire intentionally. Take him to one of the nearby ones we haven't checked."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4821 on: July 05, 2012, 04:49:17 pm »

"That's one crispy dude, yo."

Put on the blingest necklace I looted and follow along with the Milno-group, still carrying the booze.  Think of ways to identify the assassin.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 05:49:03 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4822 on: July 05, 2012, 05:21:51 pm »

Well, that's done. I did good, didn't I? I got some fairly good scouting info, and didn't murder any civilians. Also didn't waste a shot. Oh.

Travis hides his gun on his person. He doesn't need anyone wasting the valuable ammo.

Maybe if I wake up later I could still be useful. Right now though, the assassin likely still has a link to my mind.

If time permits, Travis starts a sprint towards the start point of the mission, keeping to the tall grass again
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4823 on: July 05, 2012, 08:39:47 pm »

Push past Jim, head into next room.
You step gingerly over the remains of the door, and the person who was behind it, into the room beyond. This house is two story but each story seems pretty small. The front door leads directly into the living room and you can see the kitchen and dining room through an opening across the room. The living room itself is rather small and uninteresting, just a couch and tv with a few bookcases scattered around.

((Hum. Could someone list the function of the wrist pad? Or do I have to find that out IC'ly?))
It's had a lot of functions really, but sending text messages, images, and sound around, as well as running simple programs are the main ones.

Jim investigated what was most likely a corpse and opened a channel to Milno. "Make that two guys I killed. Apparently someone was trying to hold this door closed when I punched it down." After checking the body, he moved into a different room from Ivan to look around.

(I'd tell you, Orb, but I don't really know myself what all it can do... ^^^;)

EDIT: Jim also opened a channel to Steve. "Travis is reporting himself as compromised. Shut him down."
Oh yeah, this guy doesn't even qualify as a corpse so much as he qualifies as chili. You wipe your fist off against the wall and continue past ivan into the kitchen and dining room. The dining room and kitchen are all one big tile floored room with the kitchen on one end and the dining table on the other. The dining room is pretty boring unless you like low end fake wood tables and chairs; but the kitchen has a cutlery set of 7 knives.

Search along with Jim.
You follow along with jim and see pretty much the same thing he does, cheap tables and sharp knives amidst a slick of gore.

"Blast it. Steve, knock out Travis, he's been compromised. Milno, can you see anyone on the streets? There's a good chance that that'd be our guy, any normal resident would be hiding inside and screaming."

Check the burned guy, and see if he's still alive. If so, call a nearby house, and ask them to come out and take care of the poor guy. Regardless, run towards the main intersection, see if I can't find anyone.

((Remember, we want two requests to knock out Travis so Steve knows it isn't a fake report.))
The charred guy isn't moving or breathing as a far as you can tell, so you head to the main intersection of the community. There doesn't seem to be anyone around, not anyone you know or anyone you don't. Everyone from your group is still back near the burning house, while jim's group seems to be in one of the houses off to the right.

((@GM: How about the last question, if the assassin isn't able to establish the connection properly (willpower resisting it) and Milno flies away very fast, would it prevent the link from being completed?
Also, does his amp have a maximum number of charges/uses like the one in the armory?))

Milno read the message on his wristpad and smirked before talking to Steve.
"Hey, the crazy survivalist guy who was away from us was compromised. It seems he was temporarily controlled by the killer and is requesting a shock to knock him unconscious and to tell us when he wakes up.

"Smartass, don't run on your own unless you want to be the next target. I guess we'll have to catch crazy survivalist's unconscious body. And I have been talking to Jim, their group is also doing very badly. If I fall under the killer's control, by the way, you can call Jim, he'll probably know whether I'm under the assassin's influence or not and what to do if everything else fails. And don't mention the method the survivalist was able to communicate with us, our comms may be compromised."

Get Maurice and Thrak, follow Kyle.
(If you have to get a will roll at all, it means he's already established a connection and is just trying to solidify his control over you. And amps don't have a limit of charges, even the ones in the armory. They're limited only by the user's capacity of will.)

You head over to the center intersection and shout at your team to meet you there, since they're all spread out in burning houses and crap.

((@Orb It is supposed that wristpad can send text messages, but might also work with sound, especially so because we were able to rig them for transmitting audio signal before the mission. It has also been used to transmit data (possibly with the use of other suit systems), operate complex machinery and display countdowns; I'm not sure if any of that is explicit.
All in all, it is just a miniature wristpad computer, and I believe piecewise have mentioned it somewhere.

@piecewise Are the razors straight or safety? Did the situation Travis mentioned to us include the fact about his comms? ))
Steve, Travis has been compromised, and requests knockout - I have just received a message from him. (He also mentioned his outward comms being locked.) Do you know a reason why he would be asking us via the wristpad and why wouldn't he contact you himself in the first place? (Is there any way for him to override the comms lock?))

Take the razors if they are straight and look sharp, then return to the group.
That's certainly not how one should stock his medicine cabinets. Kyle, how is he?
(his message told you about the coms.)
The razors are of the safety variety so you decide to just beat feet to the center intersection. The cy-dog is nowhere to be seen as you head down stairs. Huh. You run all the way to the center intersection and take your place next to milno.

"The stupid lone wolf's our first casualty?  Somehow I just can't muster up a crap to give."
Mesk pauses for a second as Jim punches down the door.
"Jiiim, can we stop with the killing of civilians?"
Check on whoever Jim just killed.  Make sure he's dead, and not our target.
(You're still carrying that little girl on your shoulder by the way. Good thing she's so traumatized she's not struggling)

Chunky salsa. This is the phrase that best describes the man jim just killed. And...well hell, it could have been the target, but you don't see any sign of that amidst the...stuff.

"That's one crispy dude, yo."

Put on the blingest necklace I looted and follow along with the Milno-group, still carrying the booze.  Think of ways to identify the assassin.
You drape a rather pimping gold necklace with a jeweled butterfly on it around your neck before chasing after Milno, rolling the drum of booze along with you. [int:4] Hmm, well, he's got to have some sort of view on the area, somewhere he can be watching from so he can see whats going on. Maybe you could look for a good observation spot.

Well, that's done. I did good, didn't I? I got some fairly good scouting info, and didn't murder any civilians. Also didn't waste a shot. Oh.

Travis hides his gun on his person. He doesn't need anyone wasting the valuable ammo.

Maybe if I wake up later I could still be useful. Right now though, the assassin likely still has a link to my mind.

If time permits, Travis starts a sprint towards the start point of the mission, keeping to the tall grass again

You stash your gun in your backpack and proceed to run out into the grass for maybe 30  feet before the shock hits you and puts you out.

(You are unconscious)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4824 on: July 05, 2012, 08:40:48 pm »

To house 29!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4825 on: July 05, 2012, 08:51:47 pm »

Thrak runs to the intersection to meet the team.

"Yo bros, I had a thought.  Why don't one or two of us get high so we can see everything?"  He looks around.  "Dude must know we're after him, so we should see if we can spot him moving.  Anything moving outside that isn't us gets blasted.  Milno, you got your jets, ya dig?"

Thrak frowns.

"What if he's watching us now?"
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 10:26:51 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4826 on: July 05, 2012, 09:06:17 pm »

Thrak frowns.
((He can't frown. I think you could do well with Jim's emoticon system.))

Milno taps the side of his helmet.
"Great idea! But the only problem is that I was about to do it before the smartass set the house ablaze. I'll try it now, although he'll probably try to control me, since I'll be in plain sight and trying to find his hiding place. If anyone gets aggressive and starts to attack the team, he must be controlling them. Break or destroy their arms to make them useless in combat. That strategy only won't work on Jim, since he is the only one of us with amps...And if I start falling, he's the best option to catch me."

"Steve, does this laser fence have a ceiling?"

Milno fires his pods and very quickly ascends in a rough zigzag to a high midpoint between both teams, getting to a height of over 200 feet (or lower depending on the laser fence ceiling, if there is one) and flying erratically as well as he can while saving fuel (free-falling from time to time before turning it on and being generally unpredictable). He then tries to find any hill or good observation spot, as well as checking the roofs of the houses.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 10:01:13 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4827 on: July 05, 2012, 09:09:24 pm »

((Piecewise, estimate on when you plan me to wake up, if ever? Just curious is all, if I should still be actively thinking, picking up hints in your wording, and so on, or take a more relaxed view since I'm out of the mission permanently))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4828 on: July 05, 2012, 09:15:25 pm »

Jim looted the knives and searched the rest of the house.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4829 on: July 05, 2012, 09:25:24 pm »

((I was rereading through the equipment, and glanced over cameyes, and then I remembered. Doesn't Jim have infrared vision? I'd imagine that would be fairly useful right now. At least, I thought someone got their eyes improved due to 'cyborgification'))
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 09:31:24 pm by Orb »
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 1256