Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940355 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 5: #1 producer of mentally scarred orphans
« Reply #4800 on: July 05, 2012, 02:59:34 pm »

Follow Jim and be helpful.
((So much space open for GM intepretation...))
(( :3 I did lose track of the insanity, though, so ...))

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4801 on: July 05, 2012, 03:00:13 pm »

((Speaking in meta terms, I only called 1 house, house 9. I didn't reveal myself, so I don't suspect it was my call that caused it. More likely the fact there was a town wide announcement of our arrival. Or the shotgun blasts. Or the breaking down doors and screaming. You know, it could have been any number of things))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4802 on: July 05, 2012, 03:02:23 pm »

(I'm pretty sure you called at least two. On the other hand, maybe he was just looking for someone on their own since the rest of us were staying together.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4803 on: July 05, 2012, 03:03:01 pm »

((@Orb: You called house 2 as well, but the line was busy. The owner was the guy who watched Thrak bash into house 1 and then got back inside his house, so he could either be calling the cops or be our guy. Probably calling the police, though, judging from the information given by Steve.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4804 on: July 05, 2012, 03:08:13 pm »

((Actually, I attempted to call house 3, which you guys haven't checked yet, iirc))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4805 on: July 05, 2012, 03:12:35 pm »

((Actually, I attempted to call house 3, which you guys haven't checked yet, iirc))
((Yep, 3 and 9. Never got to call more than that because of the dog.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4806 on: July 05, 2012, 03:16:00 pm »

((The fuck is with all the twos.))
Punch the door with mutant arm.
(Universe hates the mutant.)
[str:3]
"I'm getting pretty pissed off here!"

You begin hacking away at the door with your talons, cutting big hunks out of the door jamming your hand through the door and starting to open it from the inside. You've got the deadbolt open and are working on the privacy lock when someone on the other side starts bashing you in the arm with something hard and heavy while screaming at the top of their lungs. The carapace armor renders their blows harmless, but it's still annoying and makes careful movement impossible.

"Nobody rescued the unconscious guy, did they? Blast it, I'll do it, someone check on Travis."

Rescue the unconscious burning citizen, check on Travis next.
You run back into the building and grab the man laying near the door, dragging him out over the burning grass and into the street. He looks a bit...crispy.

((Was the password one I knew, or one the assassin knew?

I originally thought the closing my eyes was the remembering of the password, but now I see that it might have been the assassin hiding the password from me))

((If I knew it...))

Well. Only one logical thing to do....

Travis aims his gun at his feet with one hand, while enabling his outward radio with the other.

"Team, I've been compromised. He knows everything. I'm by building 3, if you could carry me to somewhere safe I'd appreciate it.

Steve, please deliver a strong enough shock to knock me unconscious, and notify the team when I wake"

If the assassin interferes in any way, Travis pulls the trigger and shoots his foot

((If I didn't know it...))

Well. Crap. I can't approach my team mates without getting shot. Uh.

Travis aims at his foot with one hand, while attempting to hack his way so that he may open an outward radio channel with his other. If he can, he does the following above. If he can't, he throws his gun onto the roof of building 3. He then opens his faceplate and walks towards the closest team, hands up.

If the assassin interferes before he throws his gun, he shoots his foot.

(The guy basically locked turning the radio back on with a password and closed your eyes so you couldn't see it.)

[Int:5]

Oh wait, you still have your wrist pad! Thats a separate system from the radio! You can't talk to steve with it...well you don't think you can...but you can still talk to everyone else.

You type out a quick message relaying the situation, your location and a request to tell steve to knock you out to everyone.

"Come to the point where I am and try this house next. Assist Smartass with his stuff first, that kid really could use some help."
Milno leans against the house before activating his comms to talk to Jim.

"The guy from my team with a manipulator just set a house ablaze and the crazy survivalist may have picked up something. I doubt it, but anyway If I fall under the assassin's control, break my arms with your amp. It won't be too hard to do it and I'll be useless to him afterwards."

Milno aks Steve the following. If Steve confirms the limit to the distance the assassin's amp can be used, he flies to that height. If not, he moves to the rest of the group with Maurice.

"Hey Steve. Does the killer's amp have a limit to the distance he can establish a connection or a point it becomes nearly impossible for it to work? Like if I fly to a height of eight hundred or one thousand feet above the ground? Does he also have any difficulty in dominating a person who's moving very fast and in the occasion you start to resist the manipulation and fly far away, would the link break before he can complete the process?"

>Theoretically there is no limit on how far away he can be, but realistically being farther away makes it harder. There's no hard limit of effect though. As per moving quickly, that would actually work, since it would make pinning down your location difficult.

"Got it, broham!"

Assist Kyle in his efforts.  Leave booze sitting in street for now.
You poke at the crispy man. Heh.

((How romantic, Jim's bringing a long metal pole back for Feyri.))
((I call that declaration of intentions.))
((I call polearm!

Yay conventional weaponry!))
[Unconventional actually]

Thank you.
Run for the unconscious man, and get him out of the house. If someone is already helping him, get into the house to retrive the medical supplies Thrak mentioned; slay the dog if it stands in my way or threatens the rescue of the man.
Thrak, once more, where did you see the medicine cabinets?
You run into the building, past the very confused looking dog, and into the bathroom. The medicine cabinets are mostly empty, and even what they have in them is mostly crap, just shaving razors, q-tips, band-aids and tooth paste. You find a bottle of pain killers and thats about it.

(Speaking in meta terms, I'm pretty sure our target is in one of the houses Orb called. Probably traced the call and sent the dog out to check.)

If Ivan fails to knock the door down...

"Allow me." Jim pushed past Ivan and punched the door down, then headed inside to find the occupants.

If he does knock it down...

Jim followed Ivan in and took a quick look around for occupants, valuables, and weaponry.

"We've had some trouble on this side too. Mesk kicked a girl's parents in front of her to spy-check. Killed the mother, might've killed the father. I had to kill a guy myself to save Ivan from getting filled with buckshot," Jim responded to Milno only. "I'll do that for you. As much as I hate to say it I guess I'll have to ask you to have Steve shut me down temporarily if he gets me. Maybe five to ten minutes; long enough for him to move on to someone else, anyway."
[Str:6+1]
You gently shoo Ivan away from the door and then proceed to dig your fingers into the wall next to the door. Using your grip in the wall as an anchor, you whip your other fist into the door with as much force as you can muster. The door doesn't so much smash as it detonates into splinters and sprays down the hall in a burst of sawdust and....blood? Oops.

Follow Jim and be helpful.
You massage Jim's enormous muscles and compliment his ability to punch people in half.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4807 on: July 05, 2012, 03:21:06 pm »

Push past Jim, head into next room.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4808 on: July 05, 2012, 03:22:36 pm »

((Hum. Could someone list the function of the wrist pad? Or do I have to find that out IC'ly?))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4809 on: July 05, 2012, 03:25:22 pm »

Jim investigated what was most likely a corpse and opened a channel to Milno. "Make that two guys I killed. Apparently someone was trying to hold this door closed when I punched it down." After checking the body, he moved into a different room from Ivan to look around.

(I'd tell you, Orb, but I don't really know myself what all it can do... ^^^;)

EDIT: Jim also opened a channel to Steve. "Travis is reporting himself as compromised. Shut him down."
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 03:35:14 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4810 on: July 05, 2012, 03:28:03 pm »

Search along with Jim.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4811 on: July 05, 2012, 03:32:32 pm »

"Blast it. Steve, knock out Travis, he's been compromised. Milno, can you see anyone on the streets? There's a good chance that that'd be our guy, any normal resident would be hiding inside and screaming."

Check the burned guy, and see if he's still alive. If so, call a nearby house, and ask them to come out and take care of the poor guy. Regardless, run towards the main intersection, see if I can't find anyone.

((Remember, we want two requests to knock out Travis so Steve knows it isn't a fake report.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4812 on: July 05, 2012, 03:34:13 pm »

((@GM: How about the last question, if the assassin isn't able to establish the connection properly (willpower resisting it) and Milno flies away very fast, would it prevent the link from being completed?
Also, does his amp have a maximum number of charges/uses like the one in the armory?))

Milno read the message on his wristpad and smirked before talking to Steve.
"Hey, the crazy survivalist guy who was away from us was compromised. It seems he was temporarily controlled by the killer and is requesting a shock to knock him unconscious and to tell us when he wakes up.

"Smartass, don't run on your own unless you want to be the next target. I guess we'll have to catch crazy survivalist's unconscious body. And I have been talking to Jim, their group is also doing very badly. If I fall under the killer's control, by the way, you can call Jim, he'll probably know whether I'm under the assassin's influence or not and what to do if everything else fails. And don't mention the method the survivalist was able to communicate with us, our comms may be compromised."

Get Maurice and Thrak, follow Kyle.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 04:16:20 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4813 on: July 05, 2012, 04:11:43 pm »

((@Orb It is supposed that wristpad can send text messages, but might also work with sound, especially so because we were able to rig them for transmitting audio signal before the mission. It has also been used to transmit data (possibly with the use of other suit systems), operate complex machinery and display countdowns; I'm not sure if any of that is explicit.
All in all, it is just a miniature wristpad computer, and I believe piecewise have mentioned it somewhere.

@piecewise Are the razors straight or safety? Did the situation Travis mentioned to us include the fact about his comms? ))
Steve, Travis has been compromised, and requests knockout - I have just received a message from him. (He also mentioned his outward comms being locked.) Do you know a reason why he would be asking us via the wristpad and why wouldn't he contact you himself in the first place? (Is there any way for him to override the comms lock?))

Take the razors if they are straight and look sharp, then return to the group.
That's certainly not how one should stock his medicine cabinets. Kyle, how is he?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 04:39:27 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4814 on: July 05, 2012, 04:13:01 pm »

"Point taken, I'll stay with you for the moment.

Anyway Maurice, I'm currently checking his status, but if he's still alive this guy could certainly use medical attention. Can you deliver him to one of the civilian houses?"

Look for the killer while staying close to Milno.
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 1256