Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944686 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 4: Oh shi-
« Reply #4200 on: June 23, 2012, 12:26:34 am »

((I took a moment to crunch some numbers.

You spent 4minutes and 45 seconds heading away from the underwater city at 100mph. You only have 30-60 seconds before the debris starts hitting landfall. Your rockets, at max, can only go 500 mph. At the maximum speed and maximum time limit, you can't make it to the dam (I'd imagine it would take a few seconds to start up and point the right direction). Even if you did, you'd have no time to do anything for the cripples. You -might- be able to do something with Faith, but that's still dodgy at best. You'd also be out of rocket fuel.

The time variance is likely for distance, so people at the dam are likely 30 seconds, Faith and other beachers 40-ish, and you're at 60. So pretty much no way to save anyone. I would just turn around and try to get far away as possible, and find some cover.))
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 12:32:23 am by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: June 23, 2012, 12:32:46 am »

((@Orb: Oh yeah, you are right. I should have stayed closer to the team, maybe around Emp's hiding spot.

@Zako: Yeah, I already considered that. The only able-bodied people so far are Milno, Cog and E. If Cog and E are wounded in some way, that would leave Milno alone, and if Milno is too busy faceplanting debris at 500 mph...

That and the fact the dam is now either totally dry or almost completely devoid of water, and Milno would have to be the one ferrying people to the destroyed building from the shore.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: June 23, 2012, 12:42:09 am »

((Looks like Milno might end up just having to pick up the pieces after the debris rains down. As long as the brain is intact, you could just- as gruesome as it sounds- lop off the heads of each dead team mate to make them easier to carry on your way out. :-\))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: June 23, 2012, 12:45:59 am »

((If the heads are in no immediate danger, I don't see why he would have to lug around the corpses. Maybe the rebels might axe their heads, but I bet they have bigger problems right now.))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: June 23, 2012, 12:49:53 am »

((If we get the black box and the extraction happens, Milno can just fly around and get the maimed bodies of his squadmates. Staying far away from the rest of the team was tactically sound and the correct thing to do mission-wise. Team-wise, it was a dick move.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4205 on: June 23, 2012, 12:55:09 am »

((...What are the chances of Milno being blown off the face of the earth with an aux roll of one at around 200mph?))
Less then at 500, thats for sure. But still, 200 miles an hour straight into the ground or a rock? You've got armor and stuff but that would save you from that sort of thing.

((And more accurately, how many Aux rolls would I need? I don't know if dodging the debris will ask for dex or aux ones at high speeds.))
one to get there, and a separate one for any debris you need to dodge. It's aux to dodge in air with the rockets like that.

((@Orb: Oh yeah, you are right. I should have stayed closer to the team, maybe around Emp's hiding spot.

@Zako: Yeah, I already considered that. The only able-bodied people so far are Milno, Cog and E. If Cog and E are wounded in some way, that would leave Milno alone, and if Milno is too busy faceplanting debris at 500 mph...

That and the fact the dam is now either totally dry or almost completely devoid of water, and Milno would have to be the one ferrying people to the destroyed building from the shore.))
The lake is far from dry, there's almost 60 miles of water rushing downstream right now in an enormous deluge. It's gonna take a while to drain. Remember that time wise the star exploded maybe 30 seconds ago.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: June 23, 2012, 12:56:42 am »

((Couldn't you shoot the debris with your gauss rifle?))

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4207 on: June 23, 2012, 12:58:11 am »

((Couldn't you shoot the debris with your gauss rifle?))
((Summary of that plan:
*Pchew*
*Plink*
*SPLAT*))
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 01:01:18 am by Scelly9 »
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: June 23, 2012, 12:58:58 am »

((@Spinal_Taper: I added that as part of my action as a last-ditch effort, since I doubt a 20mm slug can do much against a very thick piece of supercrete or metal. It would be something along the lines Scelly described.

And now Empyrea has to choose between May or Thomas.))
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 01:14:34 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: June 23, 2012, 12:59:54 am »

((While flying at 200 or so mph and dodging the bits he doesn't shoot? Unlikely.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: June 23, 2012, 01:47:56 am »

((Too late, I am going to sleep. And hopefully Sky'll be back by the time I wake up.))
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: June 23, 2012, 02:27:31 am »

If it's worth it time wise, grab a crutch or something from the kit, anything that will help me move faster.

Then get behind that boulder.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: June 23, 2012, 06:52:48 am »

((Reminder: No support teams incoming.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: June 23, 2012, 09:56:21 am »

((No one mentioned who Emp should save. Thomas or May, May or Thomas? Goddamnit, E's action can wait. Posting Milno's.))

>Yes?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: June 23, 2012, 10:08:48 am »

((No one mentioned who Emp should save. Thomas or May, May or Thomas? Goddamnit, E's action can wait. Posting Milno's.))

((Thomas is dead next turn unless someone who can get to him had a medkit. You should just lop off his head if you can (and take it with you), and save May.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 1256