Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944122 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 4: Oh shi-
« Reply #4215 on: June 23, 2012, 10:09:48 am »

((No one mentioned who Emp should save. Thomas or May, May or Thomas? Goddamnit, E's action can wait. Posting Milno's.))

((Thomas is dead next turn unless someone who can get to him had a medkit. You should just lop off his head if you can (and take it with you), and save May.))
((I don't think a medkit would save him now.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: June 23, 2012, 10:25:02 am »

((No one mentioned who Emp should save. Thomas or May, May or Thomas? Goddamnit, E's action can wait. Posting Milno's.))

((Thomas is dead next turn unless someone who can get to him had a medkit. You should just lop off his head if you can (and take it with you), and save May.))

((... Missed that turn. Yeah, Thomas is dead. E should just take his head if possible, and save May.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4217 on: June 23, 2012, 10:25:38 am »

We're gonna do this like with the explosion, everything at once, and after that we'll be back to normal.

If it's worth it time wise, grab a crutch or something from the kit, anything that will help me move faster.

Then get behind that boulder.

[Dex:4+1]
You whip the extending crutch out of your advanced kit and hobble toward the rock, holding the hole in your stomach. It doesn't hurt anymore, the suit's pain meds are seeing to that, but you still have the grim feeling that if you didn't keep your hand there something might fall out. You make it to the rock and collapse down behind it, your back against the stone. You feel something move next to you and look down to see cog, half submerged in the dirt. Huh...well whatever.

(out of actions.)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4218 on: June 23, 2012, 10:28:48 am »

((... Missed that turn. Yeah, Thomas is dead. E should just take his head if possible, and save May.))
((So, there's Ivans team killer rifle, and Nicks mass murder manipulator. Scelly's got to step it up.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: June 23, 2012, 10:29:39 am »

Milno examines the current state of affairs and reaches a logical conclusion. He won't be able to help his squadmates due to the distance between them and the fact his fuel is limited, and trying to do it will end badly in any given scenario. On the other hand, the mission may still be completed and the crippled and nearly-dead ressurrected if he picks up any able-bodied teammates after the molten shower and they raid the vault to get the object.

Decision-making in times like these determines who you are. And Milno ultimately decides to be a d**k, prioritizing finishing the mission over rushing in a heroic dash to save his teammates.

He has no regrets. Should he actually have any?

Milno turns on the MkIII's motion sensor and fires up his rocket pods to fly towards the threshold of the molten rain, if it happens to be close by. Basically hiding behind a large boulder and staying as close to the affected area without being in the line of fire, staying safe and protected from the rain.

After the rain of debris, he starts to fly towards the dam at 100mph and asks Steve about the results.

"Steve, status report."
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 10:52:53 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4220 on: June 23, 2012, 10:43:49 am »

((Just saw in the unit descriptions/HoR:
Nikitain: An avid tinkerer with a bad habit of being killed by Nekarios.

Nik: Skull cracked open after being thrown several hundred feet by the explosion of Nick's Miniature star.

Nice prediction.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: June 23, 2012, 10:51:46 am »

((I'd like to note something partially stolen from Winston Churchill:
 Even if Thomas dies and his flesh, bones and marrow turn into a stain upon the ground as death swiftly comes upon him, and the unforgiving time erases away all traces of his existence after his weapons are taken and his companions are rescued, leaving naught but dust to be spoke of before even those last remains are incorporated by the soil itself, that moment of bravery will be imprinted in the memories of those who happened to be nearby, and they will forever tell anyone willing to listen to the tale: "that, my friend, was his finest hour."

...Or everyone forgets about him and keep on caring about their own asses, which is more likely. :P))

Action for Empyrea: Save May and move to a safe place with her.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 10:56:58 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: June 23, 2012, 12:30:45 pm »

((So, there's Ivans team killer rifle, and Nicks mass murder manipulator. Scelly's got to step it up.))
((Dammit, I don't think I'm going to beat this many teamkills.))
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: June 23, 2012, 12:39:29 pm »

((Is there anyway for E to decapitate Thomas and take his head?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4224 on: June 23, 2012, 12:43:51 pm »

((Hopefully.))
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 12:47:22 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4225 on: June 23, 2012, 12:45:22 pm »

((She hasn't got enough time to chop off his head safely. If his brain survives the moltern rain of death, then something can be done. Focusing on May first is the best thing to do right now.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4226 on: June 23, 2012, 12:55:20 pm »

Dram about what could have been or food.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4227 on: June 23, 2012, 01:08:29 pm »

Milno examines the current state of affairs and reaches a logical conclusion. He won't be able to help his squadmates due to the distance between them and the fact his fuel is limited, and trying to do it will end badly in any given scenario. On the other hand, the mission may still be completed and the crippled and nearly-dead ressurrected if he picks up any able-bodied teammates after the molten shower and they raid the vault to get the object.

Decision-making in times like these determines who you are. And Milno ultimately decides to be a d**k, prioritizing finishing the mission over rushing in a heroic dash to save his teammates.

He has no regrets. Should he actually have any?

Milno turns on the MkIII's motion sensor and fires up his rocket pods to fly towards the threshold of the molten rain, if it happens to be close by. Basically hiding behind a large boulder and staying as close to the affected area without being in the line of fire, staying safe and protected from the rain.

After the rain of debris, he starts to fly towards the dam at 100mph and asks Steve about the results.

"Steve, status report."
You turn on your motion sensor and look out across the destruction. It's not very helpful. There's still a strong wind from the blast, not to mention all that steam from before has been blasted up into a boiling, low lying cloud layer and the heat of all these burning trees and bushes is making the air shimmer and move. Looking out across that landscape with a motion sensor is like dropping acid and then falling into a kaleidoscope. You haven't a goddamn clue where the edge of the effected zone is for debris, hell it might be even farther away from the blast then you are right now.

>Status report is that two more people are dead, Thomas is dying rapidly, May is further gimped, Faith got herself gutshot by a tree, Lukas is pretty borked, and E and Cog are just fine and dandy. Also you all managed to destroy the dam AND burn the entire surrounding countryside down within less then an hour of landing.

((I'd like to note something partially stolen from Winston Churchill:
 Even if Thomas dies and his flesh, bones and marrow turn into a stain upon the ground as death swiftly comes upon him, and the unforgiving time erases away all traces of his existence after his weapons are taken and his companions are rescued, leaving naught but dust to be spoke of before even those last remains are incorporated by the soil itself, that moment of bravery will be imprinted in the memories of those who happened to be nearby, and they will forever tell anyone willing to listen to the tale: "that, my friend, was his finest hour."

...Or everyone forgets about him and keep on caring about their own asses, which is more likely. :P))

Action for Empyrea: Save May and move to a safe place with her.

"ahh...shit." You shout to yourself as your sense of honor gets the best of you. [Dex:1] You run to help May, though perhaps run isn't the best term. You more flop and trip and stumble and generally act like an 3 legged horse running on ice covered in grease and banana peels all the way there. You finally make it to her just as the wall of debris comes down.

((She hasn't got enough time to chop off his head safely. If his brain survives the moltern rain of death, then something can be done. Focusing on May first is the best thing to do right now.))
It's just too bad he's not wearing a Mk III. It has a command to sever the head.

Dram about what could have been or food.
U DRAM ABOOT SANGWIC

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: June 23, 2012, 01:17:44 pm »

Silently haunt Empyrean for being an ass and not trying to save May or Nik when she was first getting off of the dam, leading to Nik and Thomas' deaths.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4229 on: June 23, 2012, 01:18:25 pm »

May comes up with an idea that may work or just be stupid.

Melt the debris with the Psychokentic Field Amplifier.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 1256