Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944577 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 4: Oh shi-
« Reply #4230 on: June 23, 2012, 01:28:55 pm »

Silently haunt Empyrean for being an ass and not trying to save May or Nik when she was first getting off of the dam, leading to Nik and Thomas' deaths.
((Mea culpa, but Empyrea is another person's character and I did not even know May and Nik were actually in the path towards safety.))

Milno turns off the motion sensor and leans against the boulder, looking upwards and staying wary of any incoming fiery threats.
"Well, we can still finish this mission and the AA batteries have been taken care of."

Milno turns off the motion sensor, stays behing the boulder and waits for the molten rain to end while checking the suit's systems and the fuel gauge. Dodge, duck and generally avoid being killed if the debris fall in a dangerous angle.

Fly to a safer place if needed.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 01:52:54 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4231 on: June 23, 2012, 01:31:14 pm »

((There we go, now I got Sky's character killed. ARE YOU HAPPY NOW? ARE YOU?))

Action for Empyrea: Try to drag May. If dodging or escaping the debris happens to be impossible or fails, shoot bursts of fire from the dead guy's gun (the big, heavy gun) at the falling pieces of death.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 01:35:38 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4232 on: June 23, 2012, 01:36:51 pm »

May comes up with an idea that may work or just be stupid.

Melt the debris with the Psychokentic Field Amplifier.
((Now May's gets to save people! Heroism all around!))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4233 on: June 23, 2012, 02:01:56 pm »

Action for Empyrea: Try to drag May. If dodging or escaping the debris happens to be impossible or fails, shoot bursts of fire from the dead guy's gun (the big, heavy gun) at the falling pieces of death.

((Kill Emp, don't kill Emp, non mihi curae est.

The haunting is just fluff, Nick'd be pissed if he were there.))

Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4234 on: June 23, 2012, 02:17:17 pm »

((@PyroDesu: Yeah, especially because he was the one who caused all that. Seriously, even if he had survived, he would be ripped to ribbons afterwards.))
>Yes?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4235 on: June 23, 2012, 02:30:13 pm »

((@PyroDesu: Yeah, especially because he was the one who caused all that. Seriously, even if he had survived, he would be ripped to ribbons afterwards.))

((He'd be ripping himself to ribbons about it, really.

While there was a plan to break the dam somewhere in the back of his mind, it was a major backup, as in "Every other member of Team B is dead or incapable" backup, and nowhere near as destructive.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4236 on: June 23, 2012, 03:33:47 pm »

May comes up with an idea that may work or just be stupid.

Melt the debris with the Psychokentic Field Amplifier.
For that to be even the least bit effective you're basically gonna need to project a field of incredibly intense heat, because it's gonna need to melt metal and debris traveling very very fast. You could try it but keep that in mind.

Silently haunt Empyrean for being an ass and not trying to save May or Nik when she was first getting off of the dam, leading to Nik and Thomas' deaths.
((Mea culpa, but Empyrea is another person's character and I did not even know May and Nik were actually in the path towards safety.))

Milno turns off the motion sensor and leans against the boulder, looking upwards and staying wary of any incoming fiery threats.
"Well, we can still finish this mission and the AA batteries have been taken care of."

Milno turns off the motion sensor, stays behing the boulder and waits for the molten rain to end while checking the suit's systems and the fuel gauge. Dodge, duck and generally avoid being killed if the debris fall in a dangerous angle.

Fly to a safer place if needed.

Your fuel gauge reads 45%. All of your suit's systems read green and functional, no mechanical problems or ruptures. You yawn and lean against the boulder again, waiting for the debris to stop falling.
(out of actions)

Oops, I forgot to say Out of actions huh? Well, she is. Plush dodging and really even seeing this stuff coming at you is gonna be pretty hard. But, if she gets lucky-relatively-and a giant, slow moving piece is coming at her, as opposed to a sharpened spear of rebar, then yeah, she'll move and shoot.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4237 on: June 23, 2012, 03:44:00 pm »

((The best way to summarize this mission: People died, people tried to rescue them, so they died too.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4238 on: June 23, 2012, 03:54:43 pm »

((The best way to summarize this mission: Nekarios caused the death of some people, then more people died, people tried to rescue them, so they died too.))
((Fixed that for you. Really, I hope Skyrunner does not happen to be very fond of Empyrea.))
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4239 on: June 23, 2012, 03:58:26 pm »

((The best way to summarize this mission: Nekarios caused the death of some people, then more people died, people tried to rescue them, so they died too.))
((Fixed that for you. Really, I hope Skyrunner does not happen to be very fond of Empyrea.))
((Hate to say it, but he has a point Pyro.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4240 on: June 23, 2012, 07:46:55 pm »

Alright so...we're waiting on Cog (who we might ignore because he's (mostly) safe in cover, May (if she wants to go through with that "Use manipulator as cover." thing and Lukas, who I believe is under faith's guidance.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4241 on: June 23, 2012, 07:52:44 pm »

((Oops, forgot all about that somehow.))

Lukas: Glance around for cover, or at least a blurry object that's large. Then get behind it.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 07:55:58 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4242 on: June 23, 2012, 08:54:49 pm »

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 09:49:18 pm by Powder Miner »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4243 on: June 23, 2012, 11:14:14 pm »

((Oops, forgot all about that somehow.))

Lukas: Glance around for cover, or at least a blurry object that's large. Then get behind it.
You look around, trying to see through a combination of blood and head trauma. The closest thing that might provide cover is the trees along the shore, so you struggle toward them. [end:6][dex:4] You drag yourself, ignoring the pain of your injuries, into the shade of the trees and sit up against the largest one you can find, your back to the dam.

(out of actions)

Ok so now it's just May and cog. We'll give em...oh an hour or so and if they don't show I'm gonna make cog just stay in cover and have may not try to do that whole thing because, well, I don't want to make her overload her MFM simply because she wasn't here to see that warning.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Got it.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4244 on: June 23, 2012, 11:44:27 pm »

Heat shield go!
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 1256