Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941298 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 4: Hard landings
« Reply #3840 on: June 18, 2012, 08:26:34 pm »

((Anti-Aircraft Artillery. I'm guessing because its not a tank, and too big to be a gun, so they settled on artillery.))
Guess it would be more of a Anti-aircraft Laser cannon. So a..AALC? Eh whatever, call'em ballistic penises for all I care.

((Anti-Aircraft Artillery. AAA))

Empyrean. Got it.

Now, the next thing I think we should do is scout the dam. It would be bad if we just went down, and at some point start getting picked off by any rebels that might be up here. And, at the same time, we can get our wounded to the evac point ahead of time. Though we really shouldn't waste able bodies carrying bits that aren't important. I know, say, Nik, won't like it, but his legs aren't vital.

Get Nik's torso, along with someone else who might volunteer, and start off towards the other end of the dam, keeping a sharp eye out for anything unusual.
(Any reason you're heading for the other side of the dam?)
You grab what's left of Nik and signal for help.

((Sorry guys, I guess that most of the action happens when I'm asleep :())

Lukas decides that it will be better to let the more experienced, more heavily armored Milno take the lead. It has been too long since Lukas was in the military anyway. "Sure, chief. I'll follow close behind"

Follow Milno close behind. Keep Crystalline Projecter ready. Activate lamps.
You activate your lamps and grip the projector nice and tight.

((AAA=American Auto Association))
Neil follows too, in his assigned spot, looking around for what might constitute a threat.
Already moved you. I tend to move stragglers if they're falling behind so that people don't get left behind.

"Ok, let's get moving. Start throwing those for me."

Milno gives Lukas a handful of metal pieces.

"Throw them some meters ahead of us then retrieve them to we can scan the area ahead of us better. Use the fact my rod may encounter the traps too late and we may all be blown to pieces because of that; also remember this will make us move faster and avoid the utter destruction of our bodies by orbital bombardment."

He turns his motion sensor on, moves towards the door and opens it with the same antics used beforehand. If opening it with a rod can't be done, then force it open with the metal stick.

"Pay attention to everything, it can be the difference between dead and live lemmings."

Afterwards, if nothing kills them, he moves through the door and keeps walking towards his target, stopping if anything worth of notice happens or if his intuition a teammate accuses something strange, of course.

Any rooms should have their doors opened with a diagonal positioning and the lamps flashed upon inside.

Here's a map of where you are.

The blue star is where you all are, the green circled door is the one you see. So going into that room isn't the only way. Just making that clear. You guys probably want to use the map a lot here, since the actual office building itself is very homogenous and easy to get lost in (and hard to describe in such a way that makes it easy to navigate.)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3841 on: June 18, 2012, 08:27:04 pm »

((Action edited to add movement towards the stairway while checking the rooms on their way to it. Well, this post came too late. Adding a new action instead.))
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 08:29:17 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: June 18, 2012, 08:39:14 pm »

((Sweeping the dam? If the rebels have the AAA towers, and possibly have teams going in after the artifact, then they would probably control the dam, no? If they control the dam, they might have people on the dam, so as to pick off anyone in the valley that's not with them. Anyways, it's one of three ways away from the landing zone, which will have attracted rebel attention. The other ways are: Into the water (and away from the objective), or into the valley (probably crawling with rebels).

If the rebels were competent, we'll start having trouble in a few turns if we stay here.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3843 on: June 18, 2012, 08:42:52 pm »

"I guess you are right." We don't want to be here for too long." Lukas throws some of the metal pieces down the hallway a few meters ahead of him. Somehow, he had a very bad feeling about this building.

Throw metal pieces a few metres ahead down the hallway. Wait with picking them up until the rest of the team is ready to move on. If Milno decides to move fast, pick the metal pieces up and repeat.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3844 on: June 18, 2012, 08:45:48 pm »

Thomas picks up May and his rifle. He tests the scope on it, trying to find how much more accurate it makes him. Then he grabs anything left on the ship and heads out after Nick
Take May, Test scope, loot anything left behind, leave

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3845 on: June 18, 2012, 08:47:29 pm »

Sky mode

((Er...))

Action for Empyrean: Start to follow the man who gave her the weapon.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: June 18, 2012, 08:49:15 pm »

(( So what's May's current condition?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: June 18, 2012, 08:53:41 pm »

((Being carried around by Thomas, no longer bleeding to death. Still going to have one hell of a suprise when awake.))

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3848 on: June 18, 2012, 09:05:17 pm »

Neil peers down the hallway south of his position, looking for anything out of place.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3849 on: June 18, 2012, 09:06:45 pm »

Alright, let's get going, we get to the extraction point, kill anything in our way, then we start on them AAA towers.

Get a move on, it's not that hard to carry someone with only one arm.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3850 on: June 18, 2012, 09:10:14 pm »

Thomas quickens his pace until he's next to Nick and E.
"So, what's the plan on those towers? I know you've been working on some heavy weapons, and I assume we'll be using those. Don't know how much help I'll be though, all I've got is a really strong laser rifle."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: June 18, 2012, 09:17:51 pm »

Working on does not mean that we have them. The only weapon I've actually gotten to work and gotten a green-light from Steve to prototype is in Empyrean's hands, and it's no heavy weapon. I've got a Microwave Field Manipulator, I could melt the barrels, the tripods, the operators, whatever, but it's kind of... iffy.

However, I did assemble some stuff for my Technician buddy here, but it was a... 1/3 strength exoskeleton. Which is now likely in two halves.

So, we've got whatever you brought, whatever Empyrean brought, my prototype, my MFM, whatever we can scavenge from these two, since they won't be joining us, I don't think, a medical kit, some strategic knowledge from me, and whatever strategic or tactical knowledge you two have.

And...

Look down at my legs.

A way for me, at least, to get down from here.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 09:20:53 pm by PyroDesu »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3852 on: June 18, 2012, 09:20:18 pm »

"Ok, let's get moving. Start throwing those for me."

Milno gives Lukas a handful of metal pieces.

"Throw them some meters ahead of us then retrieve them to we can scan the area ahead of us better. Use the fact my rod may encounter the traps too late and we may all be blown to pieces because of that; also remember this will make us move faster and avoid the utter destruction of our bodies by orbital bombardment."

He turns his motion sensor on, moves towards the door and opens it with the same antics used beforehand. If opening it with a rod can't be done, then force it open with the metal stick.

"Pay attention to everything, it can be the difference between dead and live lemmings."

Afterwards, if nothing kills them, he keeps walking towards the stairway, stopping if anything worth of notice happens or if his intuition a teammate accuses something strange, of course.

Any rooms should have their doors opened with a diagonal positioning and the lamps flashed upon inside.

"I guess you are right." We don't want to be here for too long." Lukas throws some of the metal pieces down the hallway a few meters ahead of him. Somehow, he had a very bad feeling about this building.

Throw metal pieces a few metres ahead down the hallway. Wait with picking them up until the rest of the team is ready to move on. If Milno decides to move fast, pick the metal pieces up and repeat.
You wanna say which way to go for that? Theres a few paths toward the stairs and which one you pick might have effects on things. I don't want to make you blunder into  things because you didn't stipulate a path. Feel free to draw a path on the map that you'd like to follow.

((Sweeping the dam? If the rebels have the AAA towers, and possibly have teams going in after the artifact, then they would probably control the dam, no? If they control the dam, they might have people on the dam, so as to pick off anyone in the valley that's not with them. Anyways, it's one of three ways away from the landing zone, which will have attracted rebel attention. The other ways are: Into the water (and away from the objective), or into the valley (probably crawling with rebels).

If the rebels were competent, we'll start having trouble in a few turns if we stay here.))
Fair enough. I was just wondering if you were pulling him towards the evac zone for some reason, since that wouldn't be a good idea.

When no one offers to help you drag the body, you sigh and wrap your arms under his and start carrying him toward the other end of the dam. You make it about 50 feet down the dam till you notice a downward stairwell set into the structure of the dam itself.
Thomas picks up May and his rifle. He tests the scope on it, trying to find how much more accurate it makes him. Then he grabs anything left on the ship and heads out after Nick
Take May, Test scope, loot anything left behind, leave
You test the scope on your rifle. It seems pretty nice, a good 3x-5x magnification.

You bend down and pick up May, noticing grimly that she's lighter now, and drape her over your shoulder. You take a look around, find nothing of interest besides the harnesses and then take off after Nick.

Sky mode

((Er...))

Action for Empyrean: Start to follow the man who gave her the weapon.

You join the procession behind Nick and Thomas, resting your rifle on your shoulder as you jog after them.

Stable and now conscious. Feel free to wiggle and moan.

Neil peers down the hallway south of his position, looking for anything out of place.
You don't see anything out of place...well no more out of place then a office building at the bottom of a lake already is.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3853 on: June 18, 2012, 09:24:08 pm »

((I am going to go with the northern-most path, so through the room to the right of the janitor's closet and then down the long hallway)).
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3854 on: June 18, 2012, 09:25:26 pm »

"....~Bweeeehhhhh~...."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 1256