Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941081 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 4: Hard landings
« Reply #3855 on: June 18, 2012, 09:31:20 pm »

Follow teammate(s) north, but at a fair distance.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: June 18, 2012, 09:34:20 pm »

((Hey, calm down. Milno is the vanguard, so he is the one going in front unless you want to be sliced in half in his place. If you want that to happen, say it IC so you can go in front of him.
@GM: After analyzing the maps once again trying to find the path and progression style less likely to get us killed, I got to congratulate you. We have four room-ridden floors to generally maim and kill Team A before we hit the vault right and proper.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3857 on: June 18, 2012, 09:36:09 pm »

((Hey, calm down. Milno is the vanguard, so he is the one going in front unless you want to be sliced in half in his place. If you want that to happen, say it IC so you can go in front of him.
@GM: After analyzing the maps once again trying to find the path and progression style less likely to get us killed, I got to congratulate you. We have four room-ridden floors to generally maim and kill Team A before we hit the vault right and proper.))
You're too kind sir.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: June 18, 2012, 09:42:06 pm »

((Vanguard's taking his sweet time about it.

I mean, it's not like there's anything we really have to work with here; we pick a door and/or hallway and go down it, possibly going down other doors and/or hallways in the process. I guess you could count the tiles in hopes of getting the shortest route or something, but otherwise we may as well just get on with it.))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3859 on: June 18, 2012, 09:46:50 pm »

((@IronyOwl: You are a genius! It is all clear to me now! I'll use Faith to test for traps instead of simple metal rods. And the northernmost room is two-tile wide. It gives more space for traps but...))

Milno checks the maps once again with a cursory glance.

"Shit."

Open the door closest to the janitor room (the one you pointed out) and flash the lights upon it, allowing Lukas to throw a piece of metal inside. If nothing triggers, move inside and proceed towards the stairway, opening any doors in the way with the same aforementioned cautious manner.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: June 18, 2012, 09:47:23 pm »

Seems like the other injured one is waking up. She'll need some painkillers, but I think she should at least be coherent before we start medicating, in case it isn't needed.

Keep Buggering On.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 09:56:14 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: June 18, 2012, 09:57:32 pm »

((@IronyOwl: You are a genius! It is all clear to me now! I'll use Faith to test for traps instead of simple metal rods. And the northernmost room is two-tile wide. It gives more space for traps but...))

Milno checks the maps once again with a cursory glance.

"Shit."

Open the door closest to the janitor room (the one you pointed out) and flash the lights upon it, allowing Lukas to throw a piece of metal inside. If nothing triggers, move inside and proceed towards the stairway, opening any doors in the way with the same aforementioned cautious manner.

Throw piece of metal inside as soon as Milno opens the door.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: June 18, 2012, 10:25:03 pm »

Thomas thought for a few moments on Nicks tactical advice.
"Well, I think you should probably melt..."
May began to awaken and moan, surprising Thomas.
"Oh!"
He made her position more comfortable before deciding to talk to her in a calm, comforting tone. No need to make her freak out.
"Hi May. So, how are you feeling?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: June 18, 2012, 10:34:55 pm »

((I love waiting for the results of potentially deadly progression, because you just know that no matter if you wrap tank armor around your central body area, the GM will end up finding a way of at the very least loping off all your limbs.

Let's not talk about what happens if you are Shit Outta Luck :P))
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 10:37:00 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3864 on: June 18, 2012, 10:35:51 pm »

((Watch, as they have what essentially amounts to super spike and boards.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: June 18, 2012, 10:36:34 pm »

Thomas thought for a few moments on Nicks tactical advice.
"Well, I think you should probably melt..."
May began to awaken and moan, surprising Thomas.
"Oh!"
He made her position more comfortable before deciding to talk to her in a calm, comforting tone. No need to make her freak out.
"Hi May. So, how are you feeling?"
"...~Ehhh...I'm tired....and dizzy...~"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: June 18, 2012, 10:37:28 pm »

"Just focus on my voice, you'll be OK. Are you in pain?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: June 18, 2012, 10:40:03 pm »

((Steve mentioned their weaponry is outdated, but they have centuries of experience fighting against HMRC forces. What do you do when your enemy has better technology and has both more firepower and manpower than you?

Guerilla. Being a bastard in all the possible ways to win, which probably means extensive use of booby traps.))
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: June 18, 2012, 10:42:03 pm »

((Steve mentioned their weaponry is outdated, but they have centuries of experience fighting against HMRC forces. What do you do when your enemy has better technology and has both more firepower and manpower than you?

Guerilla. Being a bastard in all the possible ways to win, which probably means extensive use of booby traps.))
((That's what I mean, ambush you with super spike and boards, have super spike and boards booby traps. It'll be like a little 'Nam.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: June 18, 2012, 10:43:44 pm »

((Bear in mind though, we're not really sure how long they've been in this particular building. They might not have had time to rig up punji pits or log traps, at least not up here.))
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 1256