Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939412 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 3: The Final Countdown.
« Reply #3705 on: June 15, 2012, 08:17:18 am »

((Dirac Sea?))
((...Did you read the previous posts? Dirac Sea means the disc is like a portal to a pocket dimension. A dimension full of strange creatures.))
((I don't drink meta, hence I wait on seeing other's updates until after the mission is completed.  :P))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: June 15, 2012, 08:18:57 am »

((No need to drink meta. Bishop already mentioned that is a Dirac Sea.))
I'll tell you later when we aren't going to be blown the fuck up. I'm not touching the damn thing while it's on, and I can't figure out how to turn it off, so I think we should just leave it alone and go.

As for the disk, from what I'm able to gather from logs and stuff is that it's not a physical object but a region of space thats bigger on the inside than it is on the outside. We can't take it with us.
((Ta-da.))
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 08:20:32 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: June 15, 2012, 09:37:28 am »

Fey, if you don't come with us to the shuttle, you're going to be left behind, because none of us are going to wait. I like you but I'm not going to risk all five of us getting obliterated just because you're feeling guilty for 'failing.' It's probably not safe or even possible to take the goddamn thing anyway, so don't risk your life trying it. If you really think you failed everyone on this mission, you can always make it up to them on a mission where your skills with guns are necessary.

Now, I'm trying to do something delicate here; if this door doesn't open, I'm going to have to try to melt it, and for that I need to be completely focused. If I'm worried about you getting sucked into some weird ass alien dimension down there, I might fuck up like I did earlier with the elevator floor, and none of us want that to happen.

However many tokens that thing might earn you, it isn't worth your life.

19-3

Jim sent it to Feyri as he continued looking over the buttons. Everyone's survival was their own responsibility, and this message was all he could do to help her. If she insisted on going down anyway, well... then she would have made her choice, and she'd only have as long as it took Jim (or Bishop or Mesk) to figure out the shuttle controls to get it and get back.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: June 15, 2012, 10:17:34 am »

Bishop read the message and sighed, typing back calmly before pointing at the HDDSM.

Look at that. That thing right there is the whole reason we came here. It contains everything that went on in this base, all their research, all their notes and all their readings. We get it out of here, and this place wasn't in vain. Not in the slightest.

And if the elevator screws up, I have to be at either the main computer or the elevator itself which means that staying up here is meaningless when trying to fix it. I might have to go down anyway to open this damn door with the main computer.

He paused in thought for a moment before typing up a private message to Feyri.

Listen, noone knew what was going to happen when we came on this mission, it's not your fault that theres nothing to shoot. I'm certain that will change in time, but we can't predict who will be of more use than others.

I can't tell you why you can't go down, but I will say this: That thing down there is more dangerous than you realise, and it is thanks to you that I relised that in time. You have been a key part of this mission, so take solace in that.

I want us out of here as soon as possible and in one piece, and it is with that in mind that I do this: As your commanding officer, I order you to stay up here and under no circumstances are you to go downstairs. Do you understand?

Don't budge an inch.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3709 on: June 15, 2012, 10:54:43 am »

"Stupid door... get out of my way!" Jim checked for a control panel first, then his onboard systems to see how much time was left. If he was unable to find a way to open the door normally, he'd just have to melt it off the hinges.
You look at the control panel. It's displaying the message "P-Box Protocol Active." You check your wristpad. 45 minutes. [intuition:5] You rub your hand over the door and tap it a few times before touching it again. Melting this door is going to be difficult, very difficult. Not only is it thick but it's very heat resistant.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: June 15, 2012, 11:07:12 am »

I understand.

Lately...I guess it's just the stress getting to me, causing me to probe for any bit of viable information. I also guess it's my mindset right now, I can't work well when aiming blindly.

You're both right. I have been too jumpy and brash at times...

She raised her hand from the wristpad before looking at the two, they were staring back at her. Reading their messages, she could already see their expressions - concern.

Back to business.

P-Box protocol may relate to the lockdown procedure, given that...I've just set off an anomaly back there. I don't think we'll be escaping by the way, unless we return the base to it's original safe state.

Which...
She hesitated before tapping once more.
...leads me to my first query.

Who will go back down and who will guard Charro and Mesk here? Wait, Mesk seems to be fine guarding himself. I can carry Charro with, so nobody has to go take sentry duty. Well, if orders precede. But...
"Where is the delete button here?!"
...redact those two sentences there.

I'll be waiting up here. Perhaps scouring the fourth floor for anything useful and leave the rest to you two.

Take my Sabre, Jim, if you're going with.

Follow whatever command they may give then begin searching the fourth floor for anything that could help in electronic work - like a portable hacking device or power source or basically anything that would help our situation like a musical chip to wile away the time safely. Beginning with the Materials Management, Manufacturing, Data Processing and secondary computer stations in that order.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 11:22:34 am by Tiruin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: June 15, 2012, 11:17:16 am »

So the door can't be melted. What about the walls? Jim thought, turning his attention to them. Probably the same case. It would be a bit useless - but probably true - if the walls would melt while the door stood up to the heat. He sent a message to the team.

Right. Maybe I can brute force hack this door open; just hook me into the control panel, and I'll see if I can do it. I'm not certain on all of this platform's capabilities, so hopefully this is possible. But just in case, Bishop, you may want to go back down to shut the machine down or whatever it is that needs to be done. Fey, you go with him. I'll keep Mesk and Charro with me; I can get them both to the shuttle if necessary, and I'll message you if I manage to open the doors before you do.

19-3

Jim attempted to hack the door by plugging into it (assuming he has a sort of cable that can do that, but come on, John Connor could hack ATMs in 199X; surely the technology put into Jim is way better than that :P).
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3712 on: June 15, 2012, 11:23:53 am »

...Fey, you go with him. I'll keep Mesk and Charro with me; I can get them both to the shuttle if necessary, and I'll message you if I manage to open the doors before you do....

19-3
Under orders to stay put, Jim. Sorry about that. It's his call though.

((and for the ninja edit  :P))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: June 15, 2012, 11:50:05 am »

Bishop nodded, thankful for her compliance and understanding. He was worried the worm would take control, but it seems she was still in charge, for now at least.

Good to hear that. I'll head downstairs right now and get this damn thing open. Hang tight people, I'll be right back.

Get everyone out of the elevator, including the HDDSM and then head back down to the main computer as fast as possible and look for a way to open the main door.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3714 on: June 15, 2012, 12:13:15 pm »

I understand.

Lately...I guess it's just the stress getting to me, causing me to probe for any bit of viable information. I also guess it's my mindset right now, I can't work well when aiming blindly.

You're both right. I have been too jumpy and brash at times...

She raised her hand from the wristpad before looking at the two, they were staring back at her. Reading their messages, she could already see their expressions - concern.

Back to business.

P-Box protocol may relate to the lockdown procedure, given that...I've just set off an anomaly back there. I don't think we'll be escaping by the way, unless we return the base to it's original safe state.

Which...
She hesitated before tapping once more.
...leads me to my first query.

Who will go back down and who will guard Charro and Mesk here? Wait, Mesk seems to be fine guarding himself. I can carry Charro with, so nobody has to go take sentry duty. Well, if orders precede. But...
"Where is the delete button here?!"
...redact those two sentences there.

I'll be waiting up here. Perhaps scouring the fourth floor for anything useful and leave the rest to you two.

Take my Sabre, Jim, if you're going with.

Follow whatever command they may give then begin searching the fourth floor for anything that could help in electronic work - like a portable hacking device or power source or basically anything that would help our situation like a musical chip to wile away the time safely. Beginning with the Materials Management, Manufacturing, Data Processing and secondary computer stations in that order.
Didn't Bishop tell you to stay where you are? You're on the 1st floor right now.

So the door can't be melted. What about the walls? Jim thought, turning his attention to them. Probably the same case. It would be a bit useless - but probably true - if the walls would melt while the door stood up to the heat. He sent a message to the team.

Right. Maybe I can brute force hack this door open; just hook me into the control panel, and I'll see if I can do it. I'm not certain on all of this platform's capabilities, so hopefully this is possible. But just in case, Bishop, you may want to go back down to shut the machine down or whatever it is that needs to be done. Fey, you go with him. I'll keep Mesk and Charro with me; I can get them both to the shuttle if necessary, and I'll message you if I manage to open the doors before you do.

19-3

Jim attempted to hack the door by plugging into it (assuming he has a sort of cable that can do that, but come on, John Connor could hack ATMs in 199X; surely the technology put into Jim is way better than that :P).
You look at the control panel a moment. There's a port of some kind on it, but you don't have the cable needed to interface with it. The panel as no wireless receiver either.

Bishop nodded, thankful for her compliance and understanding. He was worried the worm would take control, but it seems she was still in charge, for now at least.

Good to hear that. I'll head downstairs right now and get this damn thing open. Hang tight people, I'll be right back.

Get everyone out of the elevator, including the HDDSM and then head back down to the main computer as fast as possible and look for a way to open the main door.
You shoo Feyri out of the elevator before heaving charro's corpse onto mesk's cart. You push them and the HDDSM out and hit the button marked "5". You tap your foot anxiously as the elevator descends. 39 minutes. You're wasting time arguing with feyri. Once the elevator reaches it's destination you sprint to the platform and try to relax as it takes faaaar to long to descend. You have to get out of here soon. That hour deadline is deceptive. With travel time to push the hddsm back to the ship, get it loaded, get yourselves into stasis and for the ship to blast off you've probably got 15 minutes less time then the clock says.

You reach the bottom and charge on out all the way to the main computer.
[Aux:3]
God damn it where is that thing. 37 minutes.
[Aux:4]
It's gotta be in this directory...right? 35 minutes.
[Aux:4]
Come on, god damn it, it's gotta be here. You just saw the last time you were here! 33 minutes.
[Aux:6]
There it is! You slam on the keys, typing as fast as you can, lifting the p-box protocols and opening the outer doors.  You breathe a sigh of relief when the lights suddenly go out. The system is rebooting. You check the screen. 20 minutes till reboot is complete...looks like you're taking the ladder. 31 minutes remain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG7wB3G-xp0
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 12:19:14 pm by piecewise »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: June 15, 2012, 12:31:41 pm »

Bishop knew he hadn't much time left, they needed to go NOW! As he ran for the elevator back up, he keyed on his radio to Mesk.

"GO GO GO, THE SYSTEM IS REBOOTING SO I HAVE TO TAKE THE LADDER! LOAD THAT THING ASAP AND GET READY TO LEAVE! REBOOT COMPLETE IN 20!"

GET TO DA CHOPPA (shuttle)!!!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 12:35:37 pm by Zako »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3716 on: June 15, 2012, 01:26:51 pm »

(())
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: June 15, 2012, 01:31:49 pm »

Jim grabbed the cart with his remaining arm and dragged it out as the doors opened. He opened outgoing coms as well and sent a message to Bishop, although he wasn't sure if he would receive it. "Heading to the shuttle now and taking the cart with me. I'll start it up and give you ten minutes to get there before we leave." Next was Feyri. "Come on, Fey! Run for it! Bishop'll get here when he gets here!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3718 on: June 15, 2012, 04:37:04 pm »

We'll wait for feyri.

Hope someone remembers to push Mesk and Charro's corpse out :P

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: June 15, 2012, 05:50:05 pm »

(I thought Mesk and Charro were on the cart? ???)
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 1256